Pilot Candidate Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Wish I Had an Angel ❯ She is My Sin ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wish I Had an Angel
Chapter 3: She is My Sin
By: Steven Jester
 
Notes Disclaimers and Bullshit: Normal disclaimers apply. See chapter 1 for those. Here we go again!!! Oh, by the way… If you haven't caught on yet I'm using Japanese names for both the humans and the Digimon, so Vamdemon is actually Myotismon for the US viewers. I'm sure you can figure out the rest!
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
I am the Fallen
You are what my sins enclose
Lust is not as creative
As its discovery
” - Nightwish - She is My Sin
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
“Vamdemon?!” Hikari squeaked, “But… I thought…”
 
“It doesn't matter,” Takeru said solemnly, “What does is that we need to defeat him, again.”
 
Taichi looked over at the Child of Hope. He sounds more than determined to do this… Taichi thought. He sounds angry, rightfully so under the circumstances. Oh, after this my sister's going to get a talking to…
 
“What I want to know is how Vamdemon got a hold of the Dark Tower program,” Ken wondered aloud, “I deleted all of the copies I had left.”
 
“Probably remnant data,” Koushiro said knowingly, “Don't beat yourself over it.”
 
Ken gave Koushiro a sarcastic smile. Jyo on the other hand had other concerns, “Ok, I agree that this is a bad situation, but where are our Digimon? We can't do a thing about this without them.”
 
As if on cue… “Jyo!!”
 
Jyo looked in the direction of the voice before ending up flat on his back with Gomamon on his chest.
 
In the direction of where Gomamon came from the rest of the Digimon were running up to their respective partners. “Hikari! We've got to hurry!” Tailmon yelled as she ran towards Hikari, “It's not just the Dark Tower program that Vamdemon resurrected, but the Evil Spirals as well! He's able to control our allies if we give him the chance!”
 
“And with the Dark Towers we can't evolve,” Agumon said as he walked up to Taichi.
 
Ken chuckled a little, “Well, I'm glad that before I deleted the program I used it to build a program to add to our digivices in case something like this happened.”
 
“There's our certified genius!” Daisuke said with a cry of triumph.
 
Wait; there's bad news,” Ken said sadly, “It's at my house.”
 
Taichi and Daisuke walked over to the former Digimon Kaiser and patted him on the back, “Well… I think maybe going and getting it would be good,” Taichi said smiling.
 
“Yea, it may prove helpful,” Daisuke mimicked Taichi's tone.
 
“I'll be right back,” Ken said before running back towards the gate.
 
Urghh… Taichi thought as Daisuke walked back to the clearing. I don't know why I put up with him. If that was his way of trying to get on my good side so I'll approve of his relationship with my sister, he's sadly mistaken.
 
That was extremely ugly. Yamato thought watching Taichi give Daisuke a loathing look. Daisuke better not try THAT again.
 
Takeru shook his head, “Right, while we're waiting for Ken we can start the offensive with the Armor Digimon.”
 
“Easy there killer,” Yamato said before Takeru could move, “Remember what it took last time we faced Vamdemon?”
 
Takeru stopped and looked at his brother with a very annoyed look, “You know we can't wait Oniichan.”
 
“Takeru, come with me,” Yamato said leading Takeru away from the clearing. Once Yamato knew they were out of earshot Yamato put Takeru in a headlock.
 
“Hey!”
 
“Listen little bro, you need to know when to chill. I know you need to vent your anger about Daisuke but you also need to practice discretion.” Yamato let Takeru go and smiled, “Besides, you don't need to brood about Hikari. I'm sure she'll either come around in time or you'll find someone else.”
 
Takeru turned away from Yamato with a scowl on his face. “Don't get involved Yamato.”
 
“We won't.”
 
“We?” Takeru said turning around.
 
“The older kids,” Yamato answered. “We're not going to get involved unless it affects the Digital World.”
 
“So the rest of them know,” Takeru said dejectedly.
 
“Except for Mimi, yea,” Yamato said walking up to Takeru, “Don't take this in alone Takeru, we're all with you.”
 
“Yea… that's just what Kizna said.”
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
Meanwhile, in the real world Kizna walked back to her dressing room expecting to see Takeru, “Hey Takeru I brought you some hot chocolate…”
 
Kizna noticed that Takeru had left suddenly. There was a note by Kizna's laptop. Hmm… I wonder…
 
Kizna picked up the note:
 
Dear Kizna-chan,
Sorry I had to leave so soon. My brother, Yamato, needed me for something important. Here's my cell-phone number so we can get in touch later, I know I want to talk with you more. +03-9568-3248
 
Later,
Takeru
 
Kizna gripped the note in her shaking hands and let out a small smirk. “Oh… he's not going to get away with it this easily.” Grabbing her Yankees cap and an over jacket she sped out of her room towards the theater exit.
 
“Hey Kizna! Where you going?” David asked as the obsessed girl ran past.
 
“No time! I'll meet you guys back at the hotel later!”
 
David sighed as he turned to go back into his dressing room, “Does she realize it's after midnight already?”
 
But the question, even though it was rhetorical, was in vain as Kizna ran into the cool September air.
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
“Kizna?” Yamato asked. “Huh?”
 
“She pulled me aside while David gave you guys the tour,” Takeru said sitting down prompting Yamato to sit next to him, “She was able to tell about Daisuke and Hikari. Better still she knew that I had feeling for Hikari.”
 
Yamato watched in amazement as Takeru spit out Hikari's name coldly. Whoa… Takeru, she hurt you badly, didn't she?
 
“She helped me get through the initial shock. She… comforted me.”
 
“Oh I'm sure that Sora or Mimi would have…”
 
“No Oniichan, this was something… that I don't think either of those two could have done. She's almost like Hikari… we're…”
 
“Almost like Hikari?” Yamato asked. “Personality wise?”
 
“Yea, well at least I think she is.” Takeru let out a long sigh, “Although I'm not sure I know Hikari anymore…”
 
I agree little bro. Yamato thought before adding, “So… what do you feel for Kizna?”
 
“What do I feel for Kizna?” Takeru asked, mainly to himself. “I… I don't quite know.”
 
Suddenly an evil sounding voice cut through the grove of trees, “Awww… what a touching brother to brother moment! Having relationship issues are you Bane of Hope? Weren't you close to that whore of a girl, Hikari?”
 
Takeru stood up and looked around but couldn't find the source. “Don't you dare call Hikari a whore!!” He yelled to the mysterious voice.
 
“Heh… I'm not surprised. She obviously chose someone who isn't so self-righteous. Although it sound's like you've moved on. Who's this Kizna?” Suddenly Vamdemon, cloaked in all black, appeared in front of Takeru, “Give me the pleasure of taking her away…”
 
Ughh… you son of a BITCH!!” Takeru said charging at Vamdemon.
 
“Takeru!! It's a trap!!” Yamato yelled before charging after his brother to stop him.
 
“Too late! You're both caught!” Vamdemon cast a simple spell and the ground under Takeru and Yamato gave way, causing them to plummet down into the infinite void below. Vamdemon sealed the fissure and smirked. “Good, now with only one mega digimon in my way… I will be victorious. Still, I should take out an insurance policy.” And with that Vamdemon disappeared again.
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
Kizna ran through the busy streets of Odaiba ward while taking out her cell phone. She quickly dialed the number Takeru gave her… “Please pick up… please pick up…”
 
I'm sorry, but the number you have dialed is not in the service area at this time. Please try your call again later.
 
“Damn it!!” Kizna said hanging up her phone. “Damn it! Wait,” Kizna stopped suddenly and smiled. She started to dial David's number and smiled, “Let's see if David has a house number. Yamato and Takeru are brothers right?” She started to run as she waited for David to pick up.
 
”What's up Kizna?
 
“Yes! Listen David, do you know Yamato's home phone?”
 
Hmm… yea… it's 4520-9021. Why do you need it?
 
“Thank you!” Kizna said hanging up the phone and dialing the number David gave her. “Come on… pick up…”
 
Hello? Ishida residence.
 
“Oh thank you!” Kizna yelled, “Is Takeru or Yamato there?”
 
I'm sorry, Yamato isn't back yet. Takeru liveswith his mother…
 
“Could you give me the address please?”
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
Taichi looked around, waiting for Ken, Yamato, and Takeru to get back. Yamato and Takeru have been gone for a long time just to talk. I can understand why though. Takeru's got to be careful… anger and love can make someone do stupid things. Taichi looked over in the direction of Sora and smiled. Right, love? Ah what am I thinking? I know you can't hear my thoughts. Taichi turned back to the direction Yamato and Takeru went and noticed that Yamato was walking towards him. “Yamato!”
 
“Taichi,” Yamato said in a monotone voice, “come take a look at something that Takeru and I found.”
 
“You ok Yamato? You sound a little out of it.”
 
“Just come already!” Yamato said testily.
 
In the group of waiting digimon, Gabumon and Agumon perked up and looked over at Taichi and Yamato. “Gabumon, you see what I see?”
 
“Hmm… Taichi!” Gabumon yelled out getting Taichi's attention, “That's not Yamato!!”
 
“Huh?” Taichi turned back to Yamato but Gabumon was right. The imposter Yamato had already started to change back to a Bakemon. “Ahh!!! Agumon!!”
 
Baby Flame!!
 
Taichi dodged the attack from his digimon. The attack went straight for the Bakemon, vaporizing it instantly. The rest of the group crowded around Taichi, “Oniichan! Are you ok?!” Hikari asked frantically.
 
“I'm fine… I'm more worried about Yamato and Takeru though.”
 
“Oh… you mean these two?” A mysterious voice said cutting through the forest. Suddenly in front of everyone an image of Takeru and Yamato appeared. “I assure you that they're quite safe.”
 
“Vamdemon.”
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
Kizna ran up the stairs to the apartment where Takeru lived. Kizna smiled as she reached the door, “Aha! Here we go!” Kizna knocked on the door, hoping that someone would answer. Kizna heard the locks start to unlatch.
 
“Takeru how many times have I told you to remember your key…” Ms. Takaishi stopped suddenly noticing it wasn't her son. “You're not Takeru.”
 
“No, but I met him at the concert but he left suddenly, I wondered if he was home.”
 
Ms. Takaishi shook the cobwebs of sleep off and looked at her computer. Noticing the e-mail from her elder son still on the screen she turned back at Kizna, “I'm sorry but he's not here right now. But I'd be grateful if you spent the night to wait for him.”
 
“It's ok. I can go back to the…” Kizna checked her watch and saw that it was almost 2:30 in the morning. “Whoa! Well… Ms. Takaishi, thank you for the offer. I'm sorry if I'm intruding.”
 
“It isn't a problem Towryk-san; you can sleep on the couch. It's not as comfortable as the beds at the hotel you're staying at but it will do.”
 
“How did you know who I am?” Kizna asked as she walked in.
 
“Yamato sent me an e-mail with your band's photo. What I want to know is why a pretty girl like you is always wearing a baseball cap or some sort of hat in every public photo.”
 
Kizna sighed and took off her cap revealing her ears. “I fell from a tree when I was real little and had a significant head injury. They were able to fix everything but my hearing. It seems I busted my ear drums so badly that I would never hear again. When my mother found out, she refused to accept it and took me to a shady doctor who claimed that he could repair what other doctors couldn't. I ended up with these. We moved from Tokyo shortly after.”
 
“I'm sorry…” Ms. Takaishi said.
 
“It's ok… I've learned to live with it,” Kizna said dejectedly.
 
“It's something a child like you should never have to live with,” Ms. Takaishi said wrapping Kizna into a huge hug. Kizna, however strong she was, cried into Ms. Takaishi's shoulders.
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
“Everyone!! I'm bac…!” Ken said running up to the group, however he stopped short noticing the image of Yamato and Takeru in the void.
 
Taichi turned to Ken, “Good! We have work to do!”
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
AN: And there's where I stop for the time being. Please review! I love reviews! To my loyal readers (all six of you) thank you for your patronage and I hope you enjoyed this installment.