Pilot Candidate Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Wish I Had an Angel ❯ The Kinslayer ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wish I Had an Angel
Chapter 4: The Kinslayer
By: Steven Jester
 
Notes, Disclaimers, and Bullshit: Just remember, good wombs hath borne bad sons! I own nothing!
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
It's the honesty of these worlds
Ruled by magic and mighty swords
That makes my soul long for the past
Elvenpath
” Nightwish - Elvenpath
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
Ken rushed into the middle of the group and opened his laptop bag. “It will take a few minutes to download the program to each digivice and we can only go one at a time. What took so long was that I slightly modified the program.” He hooked up Koushiro's digivice to his laptop while explaining, “If you have the program on your digivice, your digimon can evolve. But if you don't your digimon can still evolve as long as it's within 100 meters of a digivice that does have the program.”
 
“Setting up a field incase we need to act quickly?” Koushiro asked.
 
“Exactly,” Ken said giving Koushiro his digivice back, “Koushiro and I have the program. As long as your digimon are within 100 meters of ours they will be able to evolve.”
 
Taichi handed Ken his digivice, “Good, cause we have a new problem.”
 
“I noticed,” Ken said as he quickly entered commands, “Let' do this quickly.”
 
Taichi took his digivice back and smiled; “Now we may go! Ken! You keep loading the program to everyone's digivice! The rest of us it's show time! Ready Agumon?”
 
“Let's go!”
 
Taichi held his digivice in front of him and smirked.
 
Agumon… warp shinka! War Greymon!
 
The rest of the digidestined followed suit:
 
Piyomon shinka! Birdramon!
Birdramon chou shinka! Garudamon!
 
Tentomon shinka! Kabuterimon!
Kabuterimon chou shinka! AtlarKabuterimon!
 
Palmon shinka! Togemon!
Togemon chou shinka! Lilymon!
 
Gomamon shinka! Ikkakumon!
Ikkakumon chou shinka!Zudomon!
 
Tailmonchoushinka! Angewomon!
Angewomon chou shinka!Holydramon!
 
V-mon shinka! XV-mon!
 
Wormmon shinka! Stingmon!
 
XV-mon! Stingmon! Jogress shinka!Paildramon!
Paildramon chou shinka! Imperialdramon!
Imperialdramon mode change! Imperialdramon: Fighter Mode!
 
Myako and Iori looked at each other before screaming, “Digimental Up!
 
Hawkmon armor shinka! The Wings of Love, Holsemon!
 
Armadimon armor shinka! The Unbreakable Knowledge, Digmon!
 
“Well well… Very interesting…” the mysterious voice said again, “I did not know that the Bane of Light could evolve the wretched traitor to mega…”
 
Hikari got defensive as she looked for the source of the voice. Daisuke, on the other hand, went on the offensive, “Hey! Come on out and say that to our face!”
 
“You must be the Daisuke that I've been told so much about!” the mysterious voice said as a figure materialized in front of Daisuke, “The Banes of Hope and Friendship were very helpful in telling me who you are.”
 
“What have you done to Takeru and Yamato?!” Taichi said stepping closer to the figure.
 
“Why, they're just guests of my personal void,” the figure said turning toward Taichi, “And, Bane of Courage, I got their information forcefully… as in reading their mind. Interesting things the human minds are.”
 
“You give them up now!” Taichi screamed, “War Greymon! Get ready!”
 
“Don't push your luck Bane of Courage,” the mysterious figure said audaciously, “Yes, I can read the Banes of Hope and Friendship's minds. I tell you it's mostly boring! Although there was one point of interest while I was looking through the Bane of Hope's mind. It seems your little Takeru was quite taken with that whore of a sister you have!” Most of the children gasped in horror… while they knew that Hikari was hiding her relationship with Daisuke, they couldn't believe Takeru calling her a whore. “And before you get the wrong idea… your precious Takeru wasn't the one to come up with the idea of calling her a whore… that was all my doing. Although I wouldn't blame him seeing as though she broke his heart…”
 
“Alright!” Daisuke yelled, “I've heard enough of you yapping! Imperialdramon! Attack!”
 
Imperialdramon charged the shadowy figure full force. Bur just before contact the figure disappeared and then reappeared behind Daisuke. “Uh uh uh Daisuke! I'm afraid that you'll have to do better than that.”
 
Koushiro checked his digivice and looked up to see the figure, “He's not ever there! It's an illusion.”
 
“Trust the Bane of Knowledge to figure it out!” the figure said proudly, “see for yourself… I've never left.”
 
“Never left…” Taichi said looking over the clearing and noticed that Vamdemon was looking straight up at him, “Shit!”
 
“Ah, ah, ah… See Bane of Courage… I've sent my shadow to talk to you… now I propose a small challenge…”
 
“A challenge?” Taichi said questioningly.
 
“Don't do it Taichi, it's a trap,” Sora said fearfully.
 
“Now Bane of Love do you think I would do something like that?” the black figure turned into Vamdemon and gave Sora a slight smile.
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
After a cup of hot chocolate to settle her down, Kizna slept in the living room of Takeru's apartment. Ms. Takaishi, on the other hand, went to her computer to e-mail her son about the situation. “E-mail can't be sent? What?” She tried again but again to no avail. “Takeru… where are you?” Deciding to get to the bottom of this she tried to e-mail Yamato… “Him too? Is it my internet connection?” After making sure it wasn't her she tried to e-mail Taichi… “Yes… let's see if Taichi can shed some light on what's going on with my sons.”
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
Taichi's D-Terminal started to beep rapidly, “What the?”
 
“So… Bane of Courage? What are you planning to do? Are you going to accept my challenge?” Taichi opened his D-Terminal and read the message. “Well?”
 
Taichi put away his D-Terminal and smirked, “What are your terms?”
 
“You, and you alone along with War Greymon, will battle with me; the winner is whoever draws first blood. You win, I release Primary Village and your friends. I win, you become mine.”
 
Sora whispered into Taichi's ear, “Still sounds like a trap.”
 
“I don't make traps so obvious, Bane of Love!” Vamdemon roared. All of a sudden Sora disappeared and in the image of the void, Sora joined Yamato and Takeru. “There… she was getting annoying.”
 
“I accept under one condition,” Taichi said stepping forward, “I have a witness, a human witness of my choosing, to this fight.”
 
“Of course,” Vamdemon said smiling and bowing, “May I suggest your whore of a sister… she seems to be siding with you anyway seeing as though she picked someone that looks like you as her boyfriend. Or perhaps Ken Ichijouji… it would make it sporting seeing as though even I don't know where his true loyalties lie…”
 
Daisuke growled before turning to Taichi, “Let me at him! I should be…” but Daisuke was cut off by Ken.
 
“Taichi… you know my loyalties are with us right?”
 
Taichi glanced at Ken, knowing that what he said was a backwards plea for him to be chosen, “Yea Ken I do. But I think I know who I'm going to pick.” Taichi walked over to Jyo and smirked, “Good old reliable Jyo.”
 
“Me?!” Jyo asked completely shocked.
 
“Yes… the rest of you go home,” Taichi said before turning to Mimi, “Mimi, could you gate over to Takeru's place first and let his mother know of the situation, but be careful because Kizna is there.”
 
“Kizna?” Mimi asked, “You mean Kizna Towryk of Ever Black Angels?! Ok, I'll be careful.”
 
“Good.” Taichi walked over to Daisuke and Hikari, “Daisuke, I know that you want to defend Hikari's honor, to get on my good side. But I'm her brother. Until you put a ring on her finger, which you shouldn't for a long time yet, let me handle it. You go home. Hikari, go home, not with Daisuke. You and I are going to have a long chat when I come back.”
 
“Come back Oniichan, promise me you'll come back,” Hikari said, not upset that Taichi knew about her relationship.
 
“Like I said, we're going to have a long talk when I get home… that's my promise.” Taichi turned his back on Hikari, “Jyo, let's go get our friends back.” The rest took their cue to leave and left the brave warrior and the reliable Jyo to battle against Vamdemon.
 
“Interesting choice…” Vamdemon said as he noticed who stayed, “not who I would have picked but just as well…”
 
“It ends now Vamdemon!” Taichi said before nodding to War Greymon.
 
War Greymon walked up to where Vamdemon stood before taking an offensive stance. “When will you learn Bane of Courage,” Vamdemon said while preparing to defend against War Greymon's attack, “My death will not be by your hands!”
 
War Greymon charged at Vamdemon full speed but Vamdemon countered by disappearing and reappearing behind War Greymon. War Greymon mist have expected this because next thing you know Vamdemon is knocked back 100 feet into a metal sounding tree. Vamdemon shook off the ringing before standing up and smirking. “Ahh… yes. This is the War Greymon I remember.”
 
“Can it Vampire Boy!” War Greymon said before charging again.
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
Ms. Takaishi sat in front of her computer diligently waiting an answer from Taichi. “Ok, that boy HAD to have gotten that message by now.” Suddenly Ms. Takaishi's e-mail program chirped. “What the… it's from Mimi…” Suddenly the computer in Takeru's room emitted a large amount of light and then there was a soft thud. Ms. Takaishi went to her son's room and found Mimi dusting herself off, “What's going on Mimi? Shouldn't you be home in America?”
 
“Small detour courtesy of an order from Taichi,” Mimi said smiling before looking around. Dropping her voice to a whisper she continued, “Where's Kizna?”
 
“Asleep in the living room,” Ms. Takaishi said quietly. “What's going on? Why can't I e-mail Takeru and Yamato?”
 
“Takeru and Yamato are in a void created by Vamdemon.”
 
“Vamdemon?! Didn't you guys beat him in your first adventure?”
 
“We thought we did…” Mimi said solemnly. “But now Taichi's in a duel with him to get Takeru, Yamato, and Sora back.”
 
“Sora too?!” Ms. Takaishi said exhaustedly, “Are the other's ok?”
 
“Yea, they went home…”
 
“Good,” Ms. Takaishi said in relief. “Well you want to head home or are you going to wait?”
 
“I'm going home…” Mimi said, “I stay here too long the time difference is going to get to me.”
 
“Ok, see you later then…” Ms. Takaishi said as Mimi went through the computer again.
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
Vamdemon, once again, was knocked into a tree by a War Greymon backhanded elbow. Vamdemon struggled to stand before wiping his mouth… “Hmmm… It seems you have drawn first blood.”
 
“Will you let them go now?” War Greymon said hotly.
 
“Hmmm… maybe.”
 
“Wrong answer!” War Greymon said before charging again.
 
“Think before you act!!” Vamdemon said before casting a spell that created a tear in the air in front of him.
 
“Watch out! It's a trap!” Taichi yelled hoping that War Greymon could hear him.
 
“What?!” All of a sudden Sora, Takeru and Yamato appeared in War Greymon's path. War Greymon tried to stop his charge but he accidentally sliced Yamato in the chest. The three children fell to the ground hard and were instantly knocked unconscious.
 
“Ah… ah… ahh…!” Vamdemon laughed while Jyo and Taichi went to check on their fallen comrades, “I am sorry, but I'm just going to have to leave you now… I've fulfilled my end of the bargain.” And with that Vamdemon disappeared, taking the Dark Towers surrounding Primary Village with him.
 
Taichi ran first to Sora while Jyo checked on Yamato, “She's fine, how about Yamato?”
 
“Surprisingly just superficial cuts to the abdomen. He'll survive. Although we don't know if any of them have a concussion from the fall.”
 
“Ughh… Someone catch the number of that truck?” Takeru said as he steadied himself while trying to sit up.
 
“Here let me check you over,” Jyo said checking Takeru to see if he was ok.
 
“Ughh… Is Yamato going to be ok?”
 
“I'll be fine…” Yamato said as he came to, “But damn Taichi, remind me never to mess with War Greymon.”
 
“Think you can stand?” Jyo said offering his arms to the brothers. After helping them stand he went over to Sora, “Hey, you there?”
 
Sora came to slowly and glanced over at Jyo, “It hurts…”
 
“Here let me check,” Jyo said checking fro any signs of swelling. “Taichi, her ankle's bad - at least a sprain, possibly a break.”
 
“Great,” Taichi said sarcastically, “How about you two?”
 
“Other than the scratches from a near miss with War Greymon I'm fine,” Yamato said.
 
“I sprained my ankle on the fall but I'm alright,” Takeru said gingerly stepping on his left ankle.
 
“Ok,” Jyo said writing this down, “Taichi and Yamato, let's take Sora home. We need to get ice on that ankle.”
 
Takeru limped towards the gate while Taichi and Yamato carried Sora between them. “Hey Takeru wait up!” Taichi said calling to Takeru. Takeru just stopped but didn't turn around, “Hey, don't do anything stupid ok?”
 
“Taichi, don't get involved.”
 
“You already know our response to that,” Yamato said.
 
“Besides, I'm already involved. It's my sister.”
 
“I'll be alright…” Takeru said before gating away, Patamon following closely behind.
 
Taichi just shook his head, “Sounds like me when Sora went out with you for a while…” Taichi mumbled.
 
“Taichi!” Sora said warningly, “I am right here you know! If I wasn't in pain I'd kick you right now.”
 
“Right, right.” Then the group gated away.
 
Unbeknownst to them however, they were watched by a shadowy figure which disappeared just as quickly.
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
AN: Reviews make Steve a very happy person! Please review! I hope you guys have enjoyed the story so far… just a bit of trivia: any story of mine that gets past chapter 3 usually gets finished…. so yea for chapter 4!