Pilot Candidate Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Wish I Had an Angel ❯ Wishmaster ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wish I Had an Angel
Chapter 5: Wishmaster
By: Steven Jester
 
Notes Disclaimers and Bullshit: What do you think I am, Toei?! See the disclaimers in chapter 1 for details. Let's go!
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
The first rock thrown again
Welcome to hell, little Saint
Mother Gaia in slaughter
Welcome to paradise, Soldier
” Nightwish - Planet Hell
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
Kizna woke up the next morning in a daze, smelling a delicious breakfast cooking in the next room. Curious, Kizna tiptoed her way over to the kitchen. Pearing around the corner she caught sight of Takeru cooking a western style breakfast. Kizna licked her lips and smiled. He probably noticed me last night and decided to make a western breakfast for me.
 
“You can come in Kizna.”
 
“Ah!” Kizna said in surprise as she walked into the kitchen, “Takeru! You scared me!”
 
“Scared me the first time too,” a voice said from behind Kizna causing her to jump again, “Oh… sorry Kizna, I didn't mean to scare you.”
 
“G- g- good morning Ms. Takaishi,” Kizna said before looking around to make sure no one was going to surprise her again.
 
“Sorry for scaring you Kizna,” Takeru said, “It's like a sixth sense when I'm cooking.”
 
“That's quite alright,” Kizna said as she walked over to the table and sat down, “Just feed some good food and we'll be good.”
 
“Don't worry about that,” Takeru said as he finished up putting the pancakes onto a plate. Bringing the plate of pancakes and the syrup, he set them on the table before grabbing the milk carton and filling his glass. He sat down and passed the milk to his mother.
 
What Kizna noticed all this time, however, was that Takeru was limping. She waited until Takeru had sit down before asking, “Takeru, how'd you get the limp?”
 
Takeru shared a look with his mother before answering, “I tripped on the way home… it's sprained.”
 
Kizna however shook her head, “I don't think so. You're a horrible liar, Takeru. Did you get into a fight with Daisuke?”
 
Takeru was at a loss but Ms. Takaishi wasn't, “Well young man? Why would you be getting into a fight with Daisuke?”
 
Takeru decided to play along, “Hikari made her choice… but Daisuke decided to rub it in… he's the one that started it!”
 
“Sounds like Daisuke,” Kizna said before taking a bite of pancake.
 
“I don't care if he started it!” Ms. Takaishi yelled in her fake tirade, “Hikari isn't that important to get into a fight for, is she?”
 
“I'm happy for her, but Daisuke was the one…”
 
“Exactly! Good for you! Listen son, Hikari may have chosen Daisuke but there are plenty of girls out there. Kizna here seems nice enough…”
 
Both teens jumped at that statement. Takeru turned to his mother and said, “Mom! I barely know Kizna!” Kizna on the other hand just blushed and turned away shyly.
 
“All the more reason to get to know her better,” Ms. Takaishi said. “Today's Sunday right? Go on! Show her around town! Make her feel at home…”
 
Takeru turned to Kizna and blushed before asking, “Does that sound good to you?”
 
Kizna shook off her shyness and turned to Takeru, “Yea… that sounds good.”
 
“Great!” Ms. Takaishi said before continuing her meal.
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
Meanwhile the Yagami breakfast table had a tense atmosphere. It was just Taichi and Hikari as their parents were visiting a friend in Kyoto. She seems to be taking my displeasure well. Taichi thought. Let's hope she at least listened to what I said last night…
 
Flashback: Start
 
Taichi gated through the family computer at around 2:30 in the morning. He looked around before walking into the family room. He noticed Hikari waiting for him on the couch, “Welcome back Oniichan.”
 
“Shhh…. Not so loud, mom and dad are…”
 
“Not here,” Hikari said interrupting Taichi, “They went to Kyoto to visit one of their friends.”
 
“Ah…” Taichi said before walking over to the kitchen to grab a soda.
 
“Taichi,” Hikari said turning to the kitchen, “are you mad?”
 
Taichi sighed before walking to the living room and sitting in his father's chair, “Mad? Not really. I am disappointed that you didn't tell anyone though.”
 
“We only started going out yesterday,” Hikari said, “I honestly was going to tell you s…”
 
“What about your friends? Like Takeru for instance, your best friend.”
 
“I was going to tell him today,” Hikari said dejectedly, “Daisuke wanted me to wait but I was going to tell him anyway.”
 
Taichi's face softened, “You should have told him the moment you and Daisuke were going out. At least then he wouldn't have had to see you and Daisuke in the theater.”
 
“What? He saw that?!” Hikari said getting upset, “Tell me it was by accident!”
 
“It was; he wasn't trying to spy on you…” Taichi said tiredly, “But that's a hell of a way to find out that the person you love loves someone else.”
 
Hikari just looked out into space. I'm… sorry. I love Daisuke, not you.
 
“Look, I'm happy for you… but I'm not happy that you didn't tell us sooner.”
 
“I'm sorry Oniichan…”
 
“Sorry isn't going to mend Takeru's heart!” Taichi said raising his voice. Taichi turned around and went into the computer room but before closing the door he added, “Go to bed Hikari.” Taichi then closed the door.
 
End Flashback
 
Taichi nodded to himself before retuning his attention to his breakfast. He heard Hikari get up. “Where you going Hikari?”
 
“I'm going to take a walk,” Hikari said sadly as she put her dishes away, “Maybe talk to Sora.”
 
“Ok, I'll be here if you need me…” but Taichi's words fell on deaf ears as Hikari was already out the door.
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
“So… what do you want to do?” Takeru asked Kizna as the traveled down the street.
 
“I don't know… anything interesting here?” Kizna asked totally stumped.
 
“Hmmm… we could always go to the park,” Takeru said aloud, “That is, unless you don't want to.”
 
“Sure,” Kizna said happily while straightening her Yankees cap.
 
“And maybe along the way we can get you a better cap! You're in Japan now, the Yomiuri Giants are better.”
 
Kizna let loose an annoyed sigh before jokingly saying, “Takeru Takaishi… don't you dare insult my team again!”
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
Hikari had taken one step out of her apartment when she heard a loud voice call her name. She looked around and noticed Daisuke running up the street. “Oh, it's just you Daisuke…”
 
“Just me?” Daisuke said trying to act macho, “It's never just me!”
 
“Right,” Hikari said trying to restrain a laugh.
 
“So where you off to?” Daisuke asked.
 
“Sora's,” Hikari said before starting to walk in that direction, “Why you have plans?”
 
“When do I ever have plans?” Daisuke said jokingly.
 
“True,” Hikari said with a joking smirk.
 
“Hey!”
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
Takeru and Kizna, now with a Yomiuri Giants cap on, took a calm stroll down a shaded path in the park by Takeru's apartment. Up until this point it was a walk full of chatter and small talk, but now the two were extremely silent. He sure is quiet all of a sudden. Kizna though while inching closer to him. I know he's still putting up a mask. Strange, I've only known him for a day and I can sense his emotions as if I grew up with him. I wonder if he'll ever get over Hikari.
 
Why is she so quiet now? Is she thinking about what Mom said earlier? Ughh… I swear my mother makes the most outrageous statements sometimes… I mean I first thought of Hikari that way when my mother roped us in on one of her little jokes. Now she's set her sights on Kizna… come to think of it Kizna is very comfortable to be around… what am I thinking?
 
Kizna gazed down the path and noticed a bench, “Want to sit down?”
 
Takeru shook himself out of his mental labyrinth and said, “Sure.” He let Kizna lead him over to the bench and sat down. He leaned back comfortably and absentmindedly put one of his arms around Kizna.
 
A cool breeze rushed through the park. Kizna held her hat close to her head before deciding to but it in Takeru's bag with her trusted Yankees cap. If anybody's got a problem about my ears they can take it up with Takeru. She thought before resting her head on Takeru's shoulder.
 
Takeru was looking out into space before he noticed a small weight on his shoulder. He turned and noticed that it was Kizna's head resting on him. “Uh… Kizna?”
 
“You're warm,” was Kizna's lazy reply.
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
Daisuke and Hikari arrived at Sora's building with Sora's mother's flower shop on the first floor. “Closed due to Family Emergency?!” Hikari quoted the sign on the door.
 
Daisuke meanwhile was calling Taichi to see if he knew of this. Hikari sighed before turning around and sitting against the door. She looked up and noticed a car had pulled up in front of the building. Ms. Takenouchi got out the driver's side and smiled, “Oh Daisuke, Hikari! Sorry we weren't here earlier. Would you mind helping Sora out of the car?”
 
A loud cry of “Mother?!” came from the back seat. “My ankle may be broken but I'm not helpless!”
 
Hikari got up and walked over to the passenger side of the car and lent her hand to Sora, “How'd you break your ankle?” Hikari asked helping Sora out.
 
“I'll tell you inside,” Sora said accepting the crutches from her mother. Sora made her way for the door where Daisuke, who had just finished speaking with Taichi, held the door open so Sora could go through. Sora just gave him a small death glare before going through the door.
 
“What's with her?” Daisuke asked Hikari as she walked over to him.
 
“She probably feels the same way Taichi does about our relationship, happy for us but at the same time disappointed that we didn't tell them.”
 
“But Taichi understands why, right?”
 
“Let's find out why her ankle's broken,” Hikari said walking into the building.
 
Daisuke made a quick double take to the spot where Hikari was previously before following her inside.
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
Ken and Myako happened to be walking in the park, having nothing better to do. Miyako looked around and smiled to herself. I'm in the park with Ken… oh how romantic! Myako looked towards one of the benches on the other side of the park and noticed two people who looked very comfortable with each other - two very familiar people. Is that… Takeru? Those cat ears belong to that lead singer, Kizna - I think. I thought he liked Hikari. Let's see if I can get Ken to go snooping. “Hey, Ken… it that Takeru over there?”
 
Ken looked over where Miyako was looking, “Yea… it is.”
 
“Let's go talk to him!” Miyako suggested pulling on Ken's arm. Ken reluctantly followed.
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
“Go ahead, make yourselves comfortable,” Sora said before lying down on her couch placing the foot with a cast on it on a stack of pillows.
 
Hikari sat on a chair across from Sora while Daisuke sat in a kitchen chair next to a window overlooking the park. “So,” Hikari said questioningly, “how'd you break your ankle?”
 
“When Vamdemon released us from the void we were in mid air in War Greymon's path,” Sora said nonchalantly, “I broke it on the landing.”
 
“Wait a second,” Hikari mused, “you were placed in front of War Greymon as a shield?”
 
“Sort of,” Sora said amusedly, “War Greymon stopped short of hurting us badly. Although he nicked Yamato well.”
 
“Is Yamato ok?” Daisuke said, surprisingly paying attention to the conversation.
 
“Just a few scratches. Takeru had a sprained ankle. I apparently came off the worst with a broken one.”
 
“So you obviously couldn't get home yourself,” Hikari said thinking, “How did you get home?”
 
“Well…”
 
Flashback: Start
 
The night in the Takenouchi apartment was calm before the computer in Sora's room glowed alight and the thuds of three teenage guys and one teenage girl hitting the floor were heard. Ms. Takenouchi heard the commotion from Sora's room and rushed to find Taichi, Jyo, Yamato, and Sora tangled in a heap on the floor, Sora grimacing in pain. “Is everyone all right?” Ms Takenouchi said as they untangled themselves.
 
“Can you get an extra pillow so we can elevate Sora's ankle?” Jyo said as he stood.
 
Taichi and Yamato just picked Sora up again and carried her to her bed while Ms. Takenouchi got an extra pillow for Sora's ankle. “Hey, hey, hey! Be careful that hurts!” Sora yelled as Yamato and Taichi lowered her onto the bed.
 
“What happened?” Ms Takenouchi asked in a hurry.
 
End Flashback
 
“And we ended up telling her all about what happened,” Sora said sipping some lemonade that her mother had gotten her.
 
Daisuke had tuned out in the middle of the story and was looking out the window. Hmm… Sora certainly has a nice view of the park. Oh! There's Ken and Myako… hmm I wonder where their off to? Daisuke gazed towards where Ken and Myako were heading and his eyes fell on a bench with a pair of recognizable teenagers. “Well I'll be damned! Takeru and the neko-chan from last night are snuggling up together in the park!”
 
Hikari got up quickly and looked out the window. “Really?” she asked as she searched for them. “Ahh… Hey Daisuke, let's go talk to him.”
 
“Talk to Takeru? Why?”
 
“Just because!” Hikari said with a smirk before turning to Sora, “Sorry to show up and run!”
 
“It's ok,” Sora said waiving to Hikari as she left with Daisuke, “I'll see you later.” Sora waited until they were defiantly gone before picking up the phone, “I've got to warn Takeru.”
 
~*~*~*~*~*
 
AN: Ok… slight cliffhanger, but I'm sure with the pace I'm updating with you won't have to wait too long. Don't expect any updates this weekend, one of my friends is graduating this weekend.