Please Teacher! Fan Fiction ❯ Childhood Friends ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
“Childhood Friends”
A Please, Teacher! Alternate Universe Fan Fiction
By JDHGamer

Disclaimer: I do not own Please, Teacher!, although I hope to one day acquire the movie rights, and am currently working on a script for it. In any case, I have no connections with the original creators at the moment, and this work is purely for the entertainment of the readers.
The characters Dimi-Chan and Juton, however, belong to me, and permission is required if you wish to use them in your own fan fictious works.

Author’s Introduction: It’s so hard writing summaries of these chapters without spoiling anything, and I think I mentioned before that I had to re-write the intro to chapter one because I revealed from the start that Kei and Mizuho were the childhood friends, thus making the whole pronoun game in the prelude a little pointless (even though by the end of it, I’m sure most readers have already guessed who “she” is. lol). Anyways, this chapter has a big twist that’s going to send this story way into a/u mode, and that’s all I’m going to say right now, although you’ll figure it out very near the beginning of this chapter, I still want to surprise you people.
Also, as I like to at least do a little bit of responding to reviews, I’d like to thank the person who said “Great!” because it motivated me to go ahead and start typing this next chapter. But I’d also like to mention that as much as I enjoy entirely positive reviews such as that, I also greatly appreciate those who, at the very least, point out specifically what they liked, and even maybe what they either didn’t like or just thought could’ve been done better than it was. This helps me not only with writing future chapters and even future fan fictions, but also with possible revisions to existing chapters. But still, even without those specifics, they at least serve to motivate me, as I said before, to write more chapters and continue the story. So even if you’re too lazy to type out a thorough review, you can still say something to the effect of “YOU ROCK!”, and it’ll help me keep on writing.
So, with all that said, it’s time for Chapter 3.

Chapter Three:

Kei recalled what the principle had told him and Mizuho a couple days previously.
“Do me a favor and keep this marriage to yourselves,” he said, “Or at least only yourselves and a few closely trusted friends whom you swear to secrecy-of course if any of your friends are on the school paper you might want to leave them out on it. You know, the term ‘off the record’ sometimes seems to have no meaning to those guys. In any case, we don’t want to have the general public be aware of this, even though you’re consenting adults and all, there’s still a bit of a taboo on the whole student/teacher thing, plus the fact that you look like you’re fifteen and people could think the whole ‘sick for three years”’ bit is outrageous, so it’s likely to cause a scandal either way. So if you tell your friends, have them cross their hearts and hope to die in advance before divulging the information.”
“Yes, sir.” Kei had said in reply.
“I understand sir,” Mizuho had said also.
And over those two or so days since the principle had told them that, Kei had been contemplating whether or not to tell his small group of friends. After all, it would also mean telling them about his stagnation and actual age. Thankfully, though, the fact that they were indeed childhood friends gave them an advantage, because if they hadn’t, even if the principle had allowed them to tell a few friends, what could they possibly tell them? They’d certainly suspect the spontaneity of it, why it’d happen after only knowing each other for at least a few weeks, and if they made up a lie about it having been longer, they’d still suspect why Kei hadn’t told them about it the very day Mizuho became a teacher, if not sooner. Now the only problem is that very thing, but the whole stagnation deal could cover that, at least in part, along with the thing about being childhood friends, a plausible explanation could be constructed. And just last night, Kei and Mizuho worked together to try and create something they could tell his friends, and Kei now had it pretty much memorized and could say all of the relatively untrue parts with a straight face.
All that remained, then, was how his friends would react to it. Dimi-Chan and Juton, he knew, would probably tease him about it a lot, Ichigo would react rather neutrally and make several blunt comments about it, and if the story had too many gaps, she might suspect something. Matugu might be a bit upset, Kei knew he had a bit of a crush on Mizuho, plus it would also make him the only single guy in the group of friends. Then there was Koishi, who Kei suspected might somehow end up taking this the worst, because after Mizuho and him got married, he became more aware that Koishi seemed to like him a little more than just as a friend. Kei supposed that he just had a heightened sense of it because of his own connection with Mizuho or something like that. But ultimately, he had to weigh the consequences of telling them with those of not telling them. If he told them, he could have them swear to secrecy about it, and since Mizuho had only recently become a teacher, they could see why he hadn’t told them until now. And on that note, another reason it would seem appropriate to tell them sooner rather than later, because it would make sense that he didn’t tell them before, like his stagnation condition, he didn’t want them to see him differently, and when he got “married”, he thought it might cause some resentment, but now that Mizuho’s become a teacher, there’s a higher risk that they could discover their relationship. And from that, Kei also noted the things that might happen if he didn’t tell them. There WAS a high risk of them finding out, or at least becoming suspicious, and Matugu, although Kei doubted it, might try to at some point act on his crush for Mizuho, Koishi might decide to just let out her feelings, if she had any strong ones for Kei, and he’d have to be vague about who it was when he would tell her he’s “seeing” someone else. There’s those complications, plus the fact that if they found out the entire truth, they might wonder why he hadn’t told them before, and perhaps resent him for holding back the information, and also be more likely to tell other people and for their relationship to become public. In the end, it was most likely safer to just tell his friends and make them swear to secrecy than to not tell them and risk them finding out by accident and telling the whole world about it.
So with all this in his mind, he waiting anxiously in front of his uncle’s house for his friends to arrive for this “secret meeting” he had planned. Koishi was the first to arrive.
“Hey, Kei.” She said, “What’s this all about?”
“I can’t say until everyone else gets here,” he replied.
“Alright.”
Next to arrive were Dimi-Chan and Juton, then Ichigo, and lastly Matugu.
“So we’re all here now,” Dimi-Chan said excitedly, “What’s the big secret reason for this big secret meeting?”
“Well, firstly, you all need to swear on your lives and our friendship that firstly you’ll repeat this to no one, and not even discuss this in public or in earshot of someone who’s not in this group. Secondly, not to freak out or anything because of what I tell you,” Kei said, “I want each of you to individually promise that, and I won’t tell any of you until all of you do this.”
“Okay, I promise.” Koishi said first, and was followed by everyone else, lastly Ichigo, who seemed a little reluctant, although it wasn’t that easy to tell.
“Come with me, I suppose the best way would be to show you, but before I do, I’ve gotta tell you my first secret.”
“There’s more than one?” Ichigo said tonelessly.
On their way to the apartment complex next door that contained Mizuho’s apartment he explained his condition.
“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you before, but now is better because you’ve already accepted me for who I am. Plus, it applies to what I’m about to tell you.” Kei explained.
“Isn’t this Ms Kazami’s apartment we’re standing in front of?” Juton noted.
“Well, not exactly ‘Ms Kazami’s’,” Kei said with a nervous laugh, opening the door with a key he had on him.
“What do you mean by that?” Matugu asked.
“I can’t believe you haven’t already guessed,” Ichigo said, then continued, “Well, actually, I can…”
“Then what is it?” Juton demanded to the short girl.
“Your ignorance is too amusing right now so I’ll wait for Kei to explain,” and although she said this, her tone didn’t sound exactly amused.
“Then what is it, Kei?” Koishi asked.
“Well, when I was seven, Mizuho was ten, so you see our age difference is actually three years-” Kei started.
“Aha! So this DOES involve Ms Kazami!” Juton exclaimed.
“You really shouldn’t be calling her that anymore…” Ichigo said dryly.
“If you’d let me finish please,” Kei said without hiding much of his annoyance, “Thank you. Anyway, in my old home town she lived next door to me, and we became best friends, and were that way for about six years, before her father died and she had to move out of town. We didn’t see each other again until a while after I got out of my stagnation. She had grown up and was studying in college to become a teacher, and went to see me when she heard I’d woken up. Our friendship rekindled, but eventually she ended up asking me out on a date, although the first one wasn’t really ‘official’ at the time, we eventually became a boyfriend and girlfriend couple. Then, on my eighteenth birthday, during a more private celebration between the two of us after my ‘fifteenth’ birthday party with the few of you guys I’d already met by then, she proposed to me, always the one to take the initiative, I guess. In any case, I accepted before I even realized the implications of it, but overall I was happy, and we held a small wedding ceremony over a weekend a couple months later. Of course, you guys just thought I was going to see my parents out of town at the time (and indeed, there had been one weekend about two months after his birthday when he’d gone to see his parents, so he was able to work it into his story). We also decided not to let anyone but family members know about it because, well…it’d be a bit awkward explaining it all. Then, just recently, Mizuho got a job as a teacher her, it was her first job as anything other than a student teacher or substitute so she took it right away without realizing it was the school I went to. So now, after a bit of discussion, we’ve decided to let you know because it might not turn out too well if you just ‘accidentally’ find out like if you’re coming over to have her help you study or something. And of course, also because you do indeed deserve to know about it now.”
“What about other classmates finding out if they come over here for help with homework?” Ichigo asked.
“I can just tell them that Kei’s here studying as well. Of course, since they wouldn’t be close friends like you guys, they wouldn’t be as suspicious since they aren’t aware how unstudious a person Kei is,” Mizuho said, finally deciding to come out from doing her laundry.
“So it IS true then?!” Juton and Matugu seem to say in unison, also getting up at the same time as well.
“Yep, we’re childhood friends turned lovers, isn’t that right Kei-chan?” Mizuho said playfully.
“Uh…yeah, Mizuho…chan. Heh heh!”
“It still seems a bit suspicious…” Ichigo commented.
“Oh, now I get it! ‘Ms Kazami’, ‘Not exactly’, that’s because she’d now be Mrs. Kusanagi, right?!” Dimi-Chan exclaimed.
“It took you that long to figure it out,” Ichigo said more like a statement than a question.
“Since you and Mizuho are…I…” Koishi said suddenly, trying to hold back tears.
“I’m sorry, I should’ve at least told you I was seeing someone…I never acknowledged it, but I did have a bit of a feeling that you kind of ‘liked’ me…” Kei said, trying to sound comforting.
“‘Liked you?’, ‘Kind of?’…I-I think I love you!...but-but…” then she got up and ran out the door.
“Don’t go after her, I’ll take care of it…” Ichigo said, getting up and heading toward the door, walking at a normal speed as if she were sure where Koishi was heading to and could take her time getting there.
“Ichigo, just one thing,” Kei said.
“Yes?”
“Don’t let this get out. If it does, Mizuho could lose her job, and at best our friendship would be…compromised.”
“I know.”
And without another word, she left. Three of Kei’s friends now remained in the apartment.
“So all of this time you were dating, then engaged, then married to a super-hot chick and you never even told us?!” Juton exclaimed.
“Am I now the only virgin male left in the group?!” Matugu cried out.
“You two must’ve done it already, right? Shit, man- I’m so jealous!” Juton said, then added, “Not that my sex-life with Dimi-Chan isn’t already fulfilling…”
“Well, actually, we’ve been waiting for…uh…a good opportunity to have a descent honeymoon…” Kei said.
‘Does he mean he actually wants to eventually-’ Mizuho though, but stopping her train of though before she could bring herself into details.
“Like spring break, right? That’s only a couple or so weeks from now. So Matugu I guess you still have that long before you are the sole member of your little ‘virgin federation’, huh?” Juton said, and Matugu suddenly became very interested in the details of the carpet.
“Uh, well I wasn’t thinking that soon, but-” Kei started.
“Oh, the only way I could be any more jealous is if I didn’t already have a very sexy girlfriend!” Juton exclaimed.
“In other words, if he were Matugu.” Dimi-Chan added with a laugh, paying no mind to the fact that said person was in the same room.
“And don’t worry, Kei. We’ll keep this whole thing on the down-low for you. Won’t tell another soul. If we do, you can personally kill us.” Juton said.
“Sure, you’d probably get arrested and at least face life in prison if not the death penalty, but at least the weight on your conscience wont be so band since you had our permission!” Dimi-Chan added with an odd amount of enthusiasm.
“Uh…that’s kind of…reassuring…” Kei said.
Meanwhile, Matugu remained silent.

Also during that same time, Ichigo found Koishi just where she thought she would. She sat down next to her.
“It must be hard for you…” Ichigo said.
“You have no idea…” Koishi replied.
“I might not know about your situation specifically, but I know some things…like what it’s like for Kei, having the condition he does…”
“You mean-?” Koishi started.
“Yes, I have it too…only I was stopped for six years, and I’m actually twenty-one,” she explained, “It happened to me when I was rejected by someone I thought I…loved.”
“So,” Koishi said, “You’re saying that I shouldn’t do what you did then, that I should move on?”
“At least you got a chance to tell him…it took me a few months after I woke up to realize that telling him was supposed to be a weight off my shoulders, and not a further burden upon rejection.” Ichigo explained.
“I guess…I do feel a little lighter now. But, just the fact that he never told me about her…”
“Me are just like that sometimes, you might never get entirely get used to it, but the sooner you start trying to, the better…”

To be continued…

Author’s Conclusion: Well, there you have it, I had pretty much the entire chapter revolve around the idea of Kei telling his friends about his relationship with Mizuho. I hope I didn’t bore anyone with all my little “Mini alternate-universes” that I threw in as parts of the explanations. lol
The next chapter will be spring break for the characters, and the “honeymoon” for Kei and Mizuho. I’ve already begun writing material for it, but it’s only just a start, so I hope that tonight I’ll convince myself to continue my writing of it on paper so I’ll have it ready for tomorrow so I can type up chapter four. Expect a lot more exciting things to happen, and perhaps a new character to be introduced as part of the Dimi-Chan and Juton “family”. So, until next time-REVIEW! REVIEW! REVIEW!

---
If you can draw anime-style art, or anything of a similar style, check out the artwork section at Dimi-Chan & Juton’s Secret Stash: http://www.freewebs.com/dimichanjuton

There you’ll find some images and physical descriptions of the characters that will help you to draw them (preferably in color). If you’re work is good enough, I’ll put it up in the artwork section of the website, and possibly even integrate your art into graphics and banners. I’d also appreciate it if source-files are kept (in a .psd or .tiff format with at least two layers) so I can more easily composite the characters into said graphics and banners.

To contact me about this, or about my fan fiction work or Dimi-Chan and Juton in general-

E-Mail: deejaygamer@yahoo.com
AIM: TheDJGamer

Thank you.