Please Teacher! Fan Fiction ❯ Onegai Bounty Hunter ❯ Hatsuho's pain/Ichigo's epiphany ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hatsuho Kazami forced a smile when her advocate, a man whose services her family used exclusively, entered her detention area.
“This is an outrage!” she complained.
William Flinn set his briefcase down on the bare table. “Hatsuho, I warned you about letting your daughter go to Earth in the first place. She had her pick of hundreds of worlds.”
“She wanted to learn more about Shirou,” the purple haired woman said sullenly.
“I'll get you out of here, but they'll probably have you under house arrest with a monitoring device and a guard,” he told her.
“My daughter is hardly a threat to anyone!” she protested.
“We will make a defense for the charges,” he insisted. “The case will be heard by the High Juciciary. You have friends in high places, I have confidence in our chances.”
“I'm not concerned about me,” she huffed. “My daughter's whole life is on Earth. She's married.”
“They've sent a Marshall to arrest her,” he cautioned.
Hatsuho hugged her arms to her voluptuous torso. The Superintendent had felt betrayed by Mizuho's alleged dereliction of duty. He was out for extreme justice. She hoped that her daughter or son in law would not get hurt in the process.
Ichigo arrived at the lakefront, wearing a wide brimmed hat, a loose pink sundress and a light green one piece bathing suit underneath.
“Hey Kusangi,” she said to Kei, who was gassing up a jet ski.
“Ichigo,” the glasses wearing young man gave her a smile.
The former class president waved at Tsubaki.
“Come to work on your tan?” he smirked.
“I want to tantalize the underclassmen with my killer bod,” the short girl deadpanned.
Taking out a pair of high powered binoculars, she scanned the lakefront for familiar faces. Kei noticed her jaw drop when she homed in on Matagu's paddleboat.
“Who is that with Shidou?” she asked with interest.
“A pen pal,” he replied.
“Pen pal?” she narrowed her eyes. “Wasn't he supposed to be trying to get me to go up with him to watch the stars last night?”
“I think so,” Kei agreed warily. “He never told me that a friend from America would be coming. We were supposed to be going on a trip to look at colleges.”
The 22 year old focused in on their faces, seeing Matagu and a green haired girl having a pleasant chat. She wasn't all giggly and fan girlish as foreign girls were perceived to be, but her eyes held a fine degree of warmth towards him. Most girls recognized the teen for the pervert he was right away. She considered him harmless, having been around him a lot the last couple years. Something within her felt a little disappointment. Of the six of them, now only she remained as far as a love interest was concerned. Kei pretended not to sense her unease.
“Will you be attending the concert tonight?” she turned back to him.
“Yes, Mizuho's representing the school there and wanted to see Karen play anyway,” he answered. “I heard about the barbecue later on, but we kind of wanted to have supper with my uncle and aunt.”
“You could bring them too, it wouldn't be a problem,” she insisted. “There will be other adults there.”
Zabaione and Matagu guided their craft back towards the shore after another hour passed. Kei was there to secure it with a rope. “Have fun?”
“It was nice,” she replied, then turned to the younger boy. “How about a swim?”
He nodded and they headed to the beach area. After peeling off her tank top, she dropped her shorts. Blood gushed from Matagu's nose and Kei went ghost white several yards away. The female alien had not worn a bra and sported a lilac bikini bottom. Like nothing was amiss, she gingerly strolled down the stretch of sand towards the water. While many who were gathered there were used to scantily clad women, topless knockouts were a rare thing to behold.
A look of stupefaction on his face, he removed his shirt, socks, and shoes, and followed her. She went right into the water, instantly refreshed once she submerged herself. Then turning back to the beach, she waited for him to join her. Nearly two dozen teenaged boys had congregated to the water's edge, trying to get a better view.
The hair salon owner's son ignored them, took a running start, then plunged awkwardly into the lake. He came up beside her, his body drenched.
“Feels good, no?” she gave him a slight grin of approval. In spite of himself, his eyes wandered to her bare chest and slinky body. He began to feel light headed, like he was going to pass out. There was a steady steam of blood in the water.
Back at the Shidou Salon, Haruko received a cell phone pic forwarded by one of her friends who happened to be at the lake. A frozen pose of her brother and an exotic stranger cavorting in the water appeared on her screen.
“Niisan?” the orange haired girl eyed the jpeg in disbelief. Was it doctored?
Mizuho Kazami parked her bicycle at a railing near the beach house. She had finally made it to the lake, expecting to get in a fitness swim then a tan session on a towel. The morning had been spent supervising the concert setup at the school later on that evening. She had entertained the heads of other music schools and met other student musicians. Wearing a red bikini under a matching sarong, she walked down to the bathing area. A tiny part of her intended to flaunt the new swim wear for her husband in an effort to arouse him. She fancied doing things like that from time to time.
 
Matagu swam with his new alien friend, going out into deeper water. Both of them came to the surface at once, then treaded to stay afloat. Their faces were inches apart, her deep jade eyes mesmerized his brown ones. Her wet tresses, slicked back, made her look even more stunning. A sudden urge to kiss her overcame him, but his mind told him that they had just met the prior evening. Moreover, he wasn't sure how she would react to such a gesture. Battling with himself, the seconds that made up a small window of opportunity ticked by.
Before his mouth got any closer to hers, he passed out.