Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ There and back again ❯ Brushed away ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This israndom? Anyways, there was the promise of romance…I havn't been able to find a place to introduce the OC yet so 0.o don't kill me. Im sorry if there are any typos, I was trying hard to type this, but theres no spell check on the computer 0.o
 
Disclaimer - don't own PoT, don't sue me.
 
 
ENJOY!
 
 
“So, you finally came to your senses and moved to Hyotei Gakuen…because…” Atobe had finished his questioning period, and Shishido was just as curious as Atobe to know the reasons a member of the golden pair would up and leave his school, friends and team.
“Because,” Kikumaru, now known by his first name by both players, answered with a flip of his hand. “They where boring me. I decided that I deserved better, and thought about the reasons my fortune sat untouched in a bank. I couldn't think of any.” Another (now characteristic)
smirk pulled at his lips. “Anyways, they where way to clingy for their own good. Just watch them come running after me.”
“Haha, figures. We all come to our senses sooner or later, injust takes longer for some. I assume your joining the tennis club as well?”
“Of course, I already have. I don't know how you choose regular members here, but there is practice after school today, ne? Ill be coming if there is, regardless.”
Shishido looked stunned for a moment, but quickly gathered himself. “Well, lucky for you we're holding ranking matches today. Beat at least 2 of us and you're in, but I wonder how Gakuto will take this?” A seemingly innocent smile danced on his face as he imagined the red heads reaction to the news of the `new' player.
“I agree. I have gone out of my way to rile him in the past.”
 
“Game and match, Kikumaru Eiji, 6-4.”
“Good game, Jiroh. You're a very good player.”
“WOW! You're /really/ goooooood! Can we play again soon?! Let's play agaaain!” The normally sleepy boy was looking at Kikumaru with saucer eyes that where threatening to take over his face, excited to have found yet another person to worship. “We'll have so much fuuuun. Kikumaru senpai!”
Kikumaru alowed a half smile to cross his lips before turning and walking off the court. With a wave of his hand, he replied with a short, “sure, and call me Eiji.”
 
“Congratulations, Eiji. You're now a member of the Hyotei Gakuen Regulars.” Not that it wansn't expected, of course. And within a day, none the less. But… “but now that you have some free time, Gakuto would like afew words with you. I must get ready for my next engagement. Good bye, and good luck.” The last part he muttered under his breath, not even having to wonder about what the red head had planned.
 
Enter, one very irked red head. Gakuto entered the club house expecting a glomp, or at least some cat like noises in greeting from the other acrobatic player he was wanting to chastize, and was ready for the attack with one of his own.
“Hey, so I guess you wanted to talk to me or something.” Eiji was sitting on the back bench, leaning on the wall with his eyes closed and arms crossed. “Oh, and before you start, I'm sorry for bothering you before. I embarased myself, I can see that, ne?”
Gakuto stopped in his tracks. This wasn't right…When did that annoying cat become civilized…Did he just…apoligise? He motioned for the attack to b e called off. Words would be enough for now.
“You come bargind in here and think you can apoligise and make everything go away! Did you forget that there is already an acrobatic player on Hyotei's team?!”
“No, I didn't forget. Why can't there just be two acrobatic players? You're in a doubles spot, so ill take up a singles.” Eiji shrugged, indicating that he really didn't care where he played, as long as he played.
The red head stared. WaSo he really has changedAlright, lets give this a shot. Can't hurt, unless he's faking, then it /will/ hurt him “Um, ok Kikumaru. I, I guess I'm done then.” As soon as he said those words, he felt stupid. God that was lame! Oh well, couldn't be helped now.
The only reply he received was a short, “call me Eiji,” as well as a slight smile.
 
“Wait, are you sure this is the right place?” Oishi was stunned and confused. They where standing in frount of Hyotei Gakuen, the /worst/ of the rival schools.
“Hai. There is an 82.7% chance of Kikumaru enroling himself here due to his new attitude.” Inui pushed up his glasses to make them reflect sunlight in the creepiest was possible. “The other 17.3% is for St. Rodolph, but since they don't have practice today, we'll start here.”
“But…”
“Oishi, Inui is right. Most of the regulars will have left already, but since this is his first day, he should be with the upperclass men. We should be able to catch him if he's joined.
 
“Where is Kikumaru Eiji.”
“Why should I tell…” The second year student froze, staring at the questioner with wide eyes before starting to shake, then breaking down to tears.
“Fshuuu…”
“I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Gomennasai!” When he had finally stopped crying, he answered Kaidou's question. “You…you mean the new student, ri…right?!”
“Fshuuuu…”
“Akk! Uh…ya…he became a regular today, so the club house is…”
“HE WHAT?!” The team who had gathered behind their snake-like member turned and bloted for the club house on the other end of the courts, leaving him alown with the frightened second year.
“Fshuuuu…That baka…Th…Th…Thank you” -blush-
 
Gakuto and Eiji where going to join the other regulars, minus Atobe, at the gellato close by. The former reached out his hand to grab the door nob, only to have the door opened for him unexpectedly.
“Oh, thank you! You're to kind to your rivals!” He exaturated the words, excentuating with his hands and the fake smile plastered on his lips before a sneer passed over. “Now if you don't mind, we have to go join the rest of the regulars.” He tried to push past, only to be stopped by Momo.
“Where is Kikumaru?!” He demanded.
“Huh? That annoying red head? Why the hell would I know!”
“You shouldn't play around with the less fortunate, Gaku. And whats this about being annoying?” Eiki had a look or mock sorrow on his face as he playfully shoved his teammate. This expression changed to that of slight amusment as he started to chuckle softly. “See, didn't I tell you that they would come running after yours truly?” Eiji flipped his hair arrogently, perfect smirk in place.
The Seigaku members looked at the black haired boy, noticing him for the first time since entering the club house. He claimed to be Kikumaru, and yet…His hair, his expression, they were all wrong!
“That you did Eiji, that you did.” Gakuto slung his arm around Eiki's sholder and started to walk forward, stopped again, but this time by Oishi.
“E…Eiji! I thought you two hated eachother, and now you're on a first name basis? Eiji…whats happened to you?!”
“Oishi, Oishi. You've always worried way to much. If you truly want to know though, that was when I was, as Gaku put it, annoying. Now we have /a lot/ more in common. As to what happened to me, I outgrew you and my childishness. Now, if you would let us through, we're expected somwhere and being late is extreamly rude.” Eiji and Gakuto Easily walked through most of the startled Regulars, but had to push through Tezuka and Ryoma with some trouble, since they where completely unfazed by Eiji's speech.
When they where far enough away from the annoyingly percistant Seigaku players, Gakuto decided to taunt them.
“It's illegal to stalk people, but I'm /sure/ you can scrape up money among yourselves for a lawer.”
“Hah! Hey Gaku, don't give them any ideas! Even if they /can/ get enough money for /a/ lawer, we'll just use pocket change to fill the rest of the room!”