Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ There and back again ❯ Ill Informed ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Enter one VERY gorgeous and politely rude OC. Buahahaha! Rivalry in love? Who knowsnot even I yet 0.o
 
Disclaimer - don't own PoT, don't sue me.
 
 
Enjoy!
 
 
 
“Hey mom, I'm home!” Miru's only greeting was the squeaking of the floor boards in the empty house. Mou…already she has no time for me? We only just got here today…she walked up the elaborate double staircase in search of something to pass the time. Normally she wouldn't have minded the absence of her mother, as she would have been out with her friends, and if not that the maids would have found something for her to do. As it was though, the maids wouldn't be coming for another day, and since today had been her first day at Hyotei Gakuen, she had no /proper/ friends. Miru let out a sigh. Apparently, another student had also transferred to Hyotei today. Why had her mother made her go the firt day they had gotten here? She'd heard that he had attended one `Seigaku' prior today from some of the girls that sat arund her in the last class, and also that he had been on the Regular team. Since tennis was a popular sport, she had thought that he must be quite popular. Finally reaching her room, she threw open the thick curtains that blocked the large cay window and lay on the cill. She only meant to close her eyes for a moment, but she quickly drifted into a peaceful sleep in plain view for the world.
 
Eiji had decided to walk home from the gelato, allowing himself time to gloat I the perfect situation that had been created. The ones that had quickly abandoned him had felt abandoned themselves, they where helpless against their attackers. Just the way it should have been. He stopped as he recognized the houses around him. Home already? Humph. He had been about to enter the gates when a colorful movement caught his eye, and as he turned to look at it, he found himself looking at a girl. After a moment, she lay down, and Eiji shook his head and turned back toward the house opposite the girls, /his house/, and walked through the gates.
 
“Aparently, the owners of that house across the street also moved in today. I hear they have a daughter about Kikumaru-san's age…”
“I was a young girl asleep by the window, quite a looker, she…”
The maids had already started their gossip. How predictable, though…Eiji's mind flashed back to the girl in the window. So she was new too? I wonder if Atobe knows about this one
 
THENEXTDAYTHENEXTDAYTHENEXTDAYTHENEXTDAYTHENEXTDAYTHENEX
 
“Atobe, you really don't have to pick me up, I have a limo of my own.”
“Non-sense, Eiji. Ore-sama is happy to, and I'm already outside, so argung will do you no good. I'm waiting.”
“Soga…but--”
Eiji heard the distinct `click' of Atobe hanging up and went to grab his bag and inform the driver there would no longer be need for him to prepare the limo. Stepping out of the house, he pushed open the gates and walked up to one of the two limos waiting on the street.
“There you are! Ore-sama does not enjoy waiting.” Atobe was wearing a slight frown, but quickly pulled his face into a neutral. As Eiji got into his seat, Atobe continued to talk. “I assume that you have English first thing. You already know where you are to sit, so there's truly nothing to worry about. You have Math the next period, do you not?”
“Mmm…” as the limo pulled out, Eiji noticed the girl getting into the limo parked opposite Atobe's. He didn't get a good look at her, but…
“Doushite, Eiji?” Eiji snapped out of his thoughts as Atobe snapped his fingers by the boy's face.
“Pardon, Atobe?”
“You didn't answer my question.” Atobe frowned again. “Ore-sama dislikes being ignored very much.”
“Mmm, soga. Gomennasai Atobe. Yes, I do. I was just wondering, have you heard of the other new student?”
“There is no other `new' student. I would have been informed promptly if there had been another arrival.” Atobe's frown deepened, annoyed that anyone would think he wouldn't know when people came or left from /his/ school.
“Oh, well, my maids where talking about a new girl across the street who also happened to move in yesterday. I'm sure she goes to a different school if you haven't been informed, though.” But if she lived here, why would she go anywhere else?
 
“Class, today we have 2 new students. Kikumaru Eiji and Yamashito Miru.”
Atobe sighed. Eiji had been right, there /was/ another transfer student. The school was getting sloppy about informing him…he would have to complain to the board if they didn't straighten up soon.
Eiji came in first, giving the same speech he had given two times before, before walking straight to the back of the room where Atobe sat. At first, the teacher looked stunned, but as he looked to Atobe and saw the slight nod, he turned back to the lesson, since the second student had not yet showed up.
 
A few minutes into the lecture, the door opened for the second time, and a girl stepped into view. As soon as she took her place at the front of the room, it was filled with sharp breaths from many of the guys.
“Hey, I'm Yamishito Miru, half Japanese, half Canadian. I'm new. You can call me whatever.” Miru stood with one hand on her hip through the short speech, popping her gum loudly at the end. Most people would have thought anyone with the attitude she possessed as rude, and if she where anyone else, the way she held herself /would/ have been rude. On her, though, this `rude' stature was just another difference that made her stand out from all the other girls.
She defiantly stood out to the boys who where watching her.
“Um, thank you Miru-chan. You may be seated beside…”
“She may seat herself here.” When Atobe called the new student to sit with him as well, it surprised not only the teacher, but the other students as well. That was two students in the same number of days, and both had not been regulars!
The boys sighed in defeat -- Atobe had invited her to sit with him. They where /definitely/ out of the picture now - but they perked up again as they heard her passing comment to the rich and handsome tennis captain.
“Whatever…”