Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ There and back again ❯ Second day, another run over ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yaythis ones longer, and Eiji and the others MEET Miru! Yay!
 
Disclaimer - don't own PoT, don't sue me.
 
 
EIJI'S POV
I heard the door open again, not really bothering to look over. I mean, I had seen her yesterday. I turned to ask Atobe about this afternoons practice, but to my surprise I found him staring forward with a dazed look in his eyes. I quickly snapped my head to the front—girls looked at Atobe like this. It never went the other way around. Then I saw why. From afar, she had looked like any other girl. Black hair, medium height.
“Hey, I'm Yamishito Miru, half…”
Standing at the front of the class, she looked nothing less than a goddess. Blue black hair tumbled around her waist, pale complexion unseen since it held two emerald where coal was expected. Both her her stature and expression expressed boredom, but…
`POP'
I was brought back to the land of the living by Atobe's words. “She is sitting here.” I grinned to myself. Time to pull yourself together.
“whatever.”
 
 
ATOBE'S POV
Ore-sama, for the second time, was very curious as to the new student. I doubted that this `Miru' would be half interesting, but only time would--”
*click*
I looked over to the door, and saw another school uniform walk in. At least, Ore-sama did at first. At second glance, I realized that she was more presentable than my head fan girls. I was observing her facial features when my eyes fell onto hers. I was transfixed onto her gaze, I couldn't look away, and when she did I shook my head to clear it. Maybe this `Miru' would be interesting after all.
“Hey, I'm Yamashito Miru, half…”
She had a totally different attitude than that of the love sick girls that follow ore-sama around all day, in fact, it seemed to more resemble the attitude of his team mates. A coy smile formed on my lips as I continued to examine her. Long, blue black hair that caught the sun, quite tall. All her curves where they should be…
`POP'
Ore-sama is sure that…Yamashito-chan…popped her gum for added attention. She would be interesting.
“She is sitting here.”
 
END POV
 
Miru found herself walking to the back of the classroom where two rather hot guys where seated on what appeared to be a…she blinked again, just to make sure she was seeing this right. Yes, they where sitting on a large, black leather sofa. Discreetly scanning the room, she found everyone else seated in rather normal looking desks, so why…
“Hey, I'm Yamishito Miru, Yami-chan, or just plain Miru…whatever.” She plopped herself un-elegantly onto the couch between the two boys, resting her feet on the table in front of them before realizing she was in a skirt. She promptly removed them, but not before hearing a snicker escaping the boy on the right. She smirked as she turned towards him. “What, never seen a girls underwear?”
He blushed.
Now that she had gotten a better look at him, he /was/ defiantly hot. Wind blown, but not messy raven hair, a seemingly out of place black band-aid resting on his right cheek. Definitely worth hanging around.
After a few moments, the other guy spoke up. “Where /are/ my manners. I'm Atobe Kiego, captain of the Hyotei tennis club. This--” he said, gesturing to the other boy, “—is Kikumaru Eiji. He became a regular member yesterday.” Eiji smiled.
Miru could tell just by looking at Atobe that he was most likely popular. He was truly gorgeous if nothing else, but he had a very large ego. She could tell already. Another thing, the teacher listened to what he said without thinking, and if tennis was as popular as she thought, being captain of the club defiantly said something.
The three sitting at the back continued on talking, ignoring the teachers lecture since Atobe had other students copying notes fr them.
“During your classes, you may sit on the regular's couch.” -Atobe
“What other classes do you have?” -Eiji
“…” -Miru
Finally the bell wrung, releasing them from English, and all three got up.
“Since my class is in the same direction as yours, ore-sama will walk you to class,” Atobe declared.
Both Eiji and Miru had math and had ignored Atobe's declaration to grumble to/with each other about having to make /another/ introduction speech.
“Ore-sama is talking to you!” Atobe was ignored by the talking teens again, and decided to take drastic measures. He snapped his fingers and a swarm of loyal fan girls attacked the unexpecting pair. Another snap and it was like they where never there.
“Wh…what?!” Miru looked up from her uncomfortable seat on the floor. If he could do that much damage with a finger snap, she had sorely underestimated him. Eiji looked quite annoyed, but didn't say anything.
“Ore-sama doesn't like being ignored.” Eiji rolled his eyes. Where had he heard that before? “As I was saying, I will take the liberty of walking both of you to class.” Atobe continued walking forward, not waiting for them to pick themselves off of the ground.
Eiji groaned. So much for walking them to class. “We're new, ne, so the teachers wont care if we're late.” He picked himself up off the floor, dusted himself off and turned to help Miru. She was already standing.
“Whatcha' waiting for?”
Nope, defiantly not like the other girls.
 
Eiji introduced himself to the class first, using Miru's shortened speech. “Hoi, Kikumaru Eiji. I'm new. He shrugged his shoulders and walked to the back where Gakuto and Choutarou where seated.
“That was short, Eiji.” Stated Gakuto.
Then came Miru. The initial reaction was the same as always. Gasps from most of the guys, envious looks from the girls who knew she had sat at the back. Since Eiji had stolen her speech, she decided to return the favor. “Hey, I'm Yamishito Miru. Eiji stole my shortened speech--” a pretend glare was sent at Eiji, “--so I guess I'll just have to tell you something about him. Today he finally saw girls underwear for the first time. She plastered an innocent expression on her face and didn't wait for the teacher to tell her where to sit.
Eiji sunk lower into the couch.
Gakuto had a `trying not to laugh but failing miserably' face on as he stared at the blushing Eiji, that is until he noticed that the new girl had taken a seat next to his acrobatic friend. Eyes wide, he reminded himself that she didn't know the rules before dishing out punishment. He opened his mouth—
“permission of Atobe.”
One corner of his mouth turned up. She had an attitude, and didn't seem to have fallen for Atobe just yet. Atobe, though, had noticed how hot she looked. Humph, figures. Soon she'll be like all the other girls in the school
How much more wrong could he have gotten.
As the class wore on, the four at the back started up a conversation. (A/N: Yes, again.) They talked a while, the two other regular members getting acquainted with Miru, before Eiji remembered the message Atobe had given him the class before.
“Right. `Tobe said there's no practice after school, but a meeting at lunch.”
“Why wouldn't there be practice?” Choutarou had been looking forward to another afternoon trying to perfect his new serve, maybe even bothering Seigaku if they where stupid enough to coe back.
“Sure, I'll pass it on. Is Miru going to attend?” Gakuto didn't care much about this afternoons practice. I mean, it was Friday after all.
“I don't know, Choutarou, thanks Gaku, and ya, Miru said she'd come. Now get your head out of the clouds.” Eiji wasn't that happy that his friend only had his mind on the girl beside them, but it wasn't like he was doing any better at thinking about anything else.
The other classes passed quickly, and the team + Miru where soon sitting in the club house, waiting for what the captain had to say.
“Good, you all got the message. Practice is canceled today because we will be meeting at my place and heading to the country house for the weekend. Ore-sama will not take no for an answer. From anyone.”
Most of the players would be riding in Atobe's limo to his hous, while Miru first had to return home for a change of clothes or three. They would meet at by four, and head up to their destination around nine. Miru ran late.
 
The limo lurched forward before abruptly stopping, sending its sole occupant flying forwards. Quickly, she pulled out the intercom system.
“What the hells going on up there?!” demanded the annoyed teen.
“It…it seems we've hit someone.”
Her eyes widened in surprise as she almost choked on her gum.. “Wh…what?! On the second day of school too, just my luck!” She quickly jumped out of the car and ran to the front where a small group of people where standing.
“Shit!” her limo hadn't hit someone, some had hit her god dammed limo! There was a good sized dent in the front of the car, assumably made by the `good sized' boy lying on the ground. She stopped a moment to stare. Dam, that was going to be expensive.
She heard a whistle from one of the boys, followed by a “dam, that's going to be expensive. Nice work, Kidou, you totaled her car.”
She smirked for a moment before realizing the boy was still lying on the ground. “Hey, you all right?!” She popped her gum in annoyance when he didn't answer. Great, she sighed. Another bill to pay. God she hoped nothing was broken. Just once, could she have /some/ good luck?
Then she realized they weren't wearing Hyotei uniforms. She looked at the name on the uniform jackets. Seigaku Regulars.