Prince Of Tennis Fan Fiction ❯ There and back again ❯ The reason shes late ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

HmmThis one's kinda a sort of cliff hanger, because I officially need a new notebook xD Anyways, I havn't gotten one review yet, and I really want ONE T-T
 
Disclaimer - don't own PoT, don't sue me.
 
 
Enjoy!
 
 
Miru ran through the gates, slightly panting as she reached up for the bell. Apparently, she hadn't needed to, because before she had a chance to ring, the door was opened by a maid. She was quickly shooed into a stupidly large dinning hall where the regulars where waiting.
“You're late.” Miru looked over to the boy who'd introduced himself as Yuushi earlier. His tidy violet hair and glasses have him a scholarly look, but apparently he was that and more. Tensai? Humph, it didn't take a genius to figure she was late. “You where expected over an hour ago.”
“Ya, I'm real sorry.” She replied, popping her gum loudly and not looking sorry at all, before being cut off by Atobe.
“We'll hear your story over dinner, Take a seat by Eiji,” he said, gesturing to the chair on his left. He snapped his fingers and the food came in. Only a miracle kept these guys skinny! Atobe cleared his throat as soon as the food had been set down. “We're waiting.” He tapped his fingers impatiently on the table top.
“Waiting for…”
“The reason you where late.”
`GodI'm a new breed of idiot' Miru thought to herself. Of /course/ the reason she was late! Cursing under her breath, she started the shortened explanation. “I was leaving the school and I ran into some people from Seigaku. That's your old school, ne Eiji?” at the mention of Seigaku, everyone was listening intently.
“Ya…” replied Eiji.
“Well, actually I didn't really run /in/ to them--” she god confused looks at this. “—I ran /over/ them. One of the dudes left a /huge/ dent in my limo!” She shrugged her shoulders.
“Ya, go Miru! Run over those Seigaku jerks!” Miru looked at Gaku in surprise.
“wh…what?!”
Some of the other players joined in on the cheering, while Atobe just smiled and clapped. That's when Miru decided to end the story there. The Hyotei players weren't /mean/ per say, so why did they hate these players so much…
As if reader her mind, Shishido explained that they didn't /hate/ Seigaku, just that the school annoyed them to no end, and had been stalking Eiji. Apparently, they where also the best of the rival schools, and had this really annoying freshmen player…
`Ryoma…' She thought.
“Hey, who did you run over anyways? The whole team, or just one person?” Gakuto had a look of curiosity on his face like a child at Christmas. “We want /detail/!
“Alright!” Sighed Miru. “Well, I hit one guy hard enough to put him in the hospital, and injured two others. The first guy dented my car. He looked kinda freaky, but the bandana was just plain hilarious! He broke a rib or two, and even if the bill is pocket change, I really didn't feel like spending money on a strangers hospital bill.” She rolled her eyes.
Kaidou
“The next guy just rolled funny and sprained his ankle when he got bumped…He looked like a monk, and pretty much acted the part too…” A proverbial sweat drop appeared on her head as she remembered some of the conversations they had in the limo.
Oishi. Eiji felt a little bit bothered by the fact his old doubles partner had been hurt, but pushed it aside. Remember, they abandoned you.
“The last one…is now wearing an eye patch `cause he poked it with my hood ornament…Seriously, he was like, chibi proportioned short!”
This time most of the Hyotei players where sporting the sweat drop.
“O-chi…Echizen Ryoma.” Eiji almost used his old pet name for the short freshmen player, but caught himself before he made the mistake.
Atobe smirked. It seemed that only he knew there was more to her story than she was saying. She /knew/ each of their conditions.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
“Wait…what did you say Oishi?” The coach rubbed her temples, trying to gather what the vice-captain had said. They where heading up to the clubhouse for the weekend, and she hadn't really understood the long version of why Kidou wouldn't be coming, Echizen had a patch over his left eye (again) and Oishi had supports on his ankle.
“…Ok, I'll give you the just of it them.” /Oishi/ was losing his patience. He had already told her the story. Hadn't she been paying attention? He have her the simple version, and as his mouth went to tell the story, his mind replayed the events.
 
“So, we're back here…hoping to get ridiculed again?” How Ryoma managed to look bored even with his eyes closed was a mystery.
“I don't think so, but I rather enjoyed our ice cream gathering.” Another round of sweat drops as Fuji responded to Ryoma's statement/question.
“…is being that sadistic good for your health?”
There was a scream as 2 people went down and another leaned over, supporting himself on the hood of the…limo? Yes. Momo looked down at the two people who had fallen, one near the middle and the other who laid unmoving, almost /beside/ the limo.
Fuji looked at the dent in the hood, trying to stop himself from laughing at his team mate's pain. Dam, it sucks to be so sadistic at times, I care for them, and I hope that their ok, but the pain is just so fun! I take it back, it doesn't suck. He snickered before trying to take his mind off of it. He whistled, still looking at the large dent, and said the first thing that came to mind. “Dam, that's going to be expensive.”
“Ya, I know. Now, HELLLLOOO?! I asked if the guy I hit is alright!” The remainder of the team noticed a girl standing beside the limo. `POP'
“Well, really you hit 3 people.” Even Tezuka blushed as he got a better look at the girl standing in front of them. At first, Fuji was the only one who was able to carry on a normal conversation with her. “Only two are badly injured though.”
 
-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o- o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o--o Tezuka: Momo, are you alright? You're bright red! -o
-o Momo: *takes out a mirror and shows Tezuka how red he himself is, than points at Inui .. -o
-o who has his glasses off to make sure he isn't dreaming* -o
-o Tezuka: Inui, its very rare to see you without your glasses. .. -o
-o Inui: There is an 82.34% chance that the team is hallucinating from the last batch -o
-o of Inui juice…The remaining is that we're very lucky… .. -o
-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o- o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-
“Shit, really?!” Miru's bored features disappeared as she ran to the front of the car, looking between the boy with the bandana who had stopped moving and the boy leaning against the hood. “Um…where's the third?”
Fuji grabbed her hand and gently pulled her down, pointing with his other hand to Ryoma, who had collapsed onto the ground, a hand dripping with blood clamped over his left eye.
Miru gasped. “Oh my god! This is so my luck! I'm so sorry, whoever I come in contact with seems to…urg!!”
“Well, these three sure /came in contact/!” Fuji teased her, wanting to see her squirm, but instead he received a glare. Huh, that was unexpected.
“Oh my god…I'm so sorry…Here everyone get in, I have a first aid kit in the car, so I'll try to stop his bleeding…and the hospital isn't far, I don't have anything to do until 8.” She lied. As long as she was there before they left. She would be fine.
 
Oishi was jarred out of his thoughts.
“So let me get this straight, you got “run over” by some sort of /goddess/ who was in a /limo/.”
“Yes, that's the just of it.”