Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Hikaru No Go Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma no Go? ❯ A Journey into the Future Part A ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Ranma no Go?

Summary: Uh oh! I never thought that I'll write another chapter after I finished writing the prologue. Anyway on the last chapter Ranma and his father began their training journey. They went to an antique shop to sell something that Genma stole and Ranma met Sai for the first time. Now let's go on with the show!

Disclaimer: I do not own nor do I take any profit from this and also I am NOT the owner of the following series : 'Ranma 1/2' and 'Hikaru no Go'. If I do I won't be writing this fic am I?

"..." Dialogues

'...' Thoughts

'...' Special emphasis


Chapter 01: A Journey into the Future Part A


Ranma, 7 Years Old

It has been a year ever since he met Sai. He has been confused with the existence of the Go addicted ghost but he already getting used to his new companion. In a way, Ranma was glad that he had met Sai but he also felt annoyed cause Sai often making him feeling down and made him puke several times in the past due to him not being able to play Go. How come Sai is expecting him to play 'Go' he would never know but he don't think that he could not imagine himself playing it ever since he heard that Go is a game where two person sitting in front of the small table like the one that he met Sai for the first time and putting black and white stone in turn. He don't think he could stand how boring it will be playing it and shudders.

Sai is glad that he is able to return into this plane of existence however he often wonders how is it better that he is out of the Torajirou's Go-ban but still haven't had any chance to play go. He felt a little bad for making his host sick from his depression of not being able to play go. But it is GO! How did his host expect him to live without go! Go is his life! Okay maybe that's not the best example however go is his reason of existence and he is sure that Kami-sama himself agrees with him since he still exist right now. He is sure that Kami-sama had let him to play more go to achieve the 'Hand of God'. Sai thought with special reverence to the phrase that has a special place in his heart.

Ranma is getting tired of hearing Sai nagging him to find somewhere he could play Go but he do not know anybody to play with and the only one he know how to play is the Ghost himself and since Go is a two player game Ranma could not help Sai since can't find an opponent in a forest out of nowhere. His dad continues on increasing of the difficulty level of his training and Sai is shouting at his old man for torturing him. Although he agrees that his old man is a bad person since that's what Sai has defined his old man as, Ranma do not know anybody else in this world aside from his old man. When he asked where his mother is his old man only beat him up and saying to forget his mother and to not be weak like a little girl.

Sai could only look in silence as he again sees Ranma undergoes torture and punishment under the name of training from Ranma's father as if he could still call that monster with the name of Genma Saotome with that title. Even though he could only remember bits and pieces of his own memory of his father, although often harsh and disappoints his father with his lack of talent in his youth, he was never treated as bad as Ranma was. As such, Sai could only try to comfort the young child with tortured soul and continues with the best of his ability to educate with his knowledge of the world, basic arithmetic, language skills, ethical and proper behaviour, and last but not least, the subject that has been specifically requested by his pupil, gentlemanly codes or what Ranma said to be a 'Man among Men'. He could only wonder how Ranma still retain his innocence growing up with Genma but he tried his best so that Ranma will not grow into an uncouth, immoral and honor-less bastard that Genma is grooming Ranma to be. How he knew that Genma is a Honor-less bastard you say? Of course he knows! All he had to do is listening to Genma as he continues to steal, lies and cheats when he has other options. The critical point is that he used Ranma's name as he did those deeds. Sai could only grind his teeth as he could do nothing to stop it and only let Ranma know not to obey when Genma orders him to steal masked as a game of tag by Genma.


Ranma, 9 Years Old

All those training has left it's mark on Ranma. He thought to himself as he sees his body full of scratch and old healed wound marks. Luckily he still survives and no matter what Sai said to give up, he continues to train to be the best martial artist that he could be. He learned kata after kata while on the move without neglecting what Sai taught him along the journey. His father often beat him up as he do not know how Ranma is able to learn how to speak with proper structure though he realize on hindsight that the way he speaks is not usual as those he had spoken to willing to vouch calling him a 'Polite kid with white gi and old Japanese speaking style'. Ranma do not mind as long he won't be like his 'Father'. Yes, he had learned how to speak properly with grammar and all though he will never let his 'Old Man know that he studied under Sai to grasp general knowledge that was not taught by his father.

Sai is proud as he look at Ranma grow to be someone that every mother would be proud to call him their child. He could not believe how Ranma seems to be able to soak all those lesson and incorporating them into his life. Often in the past, Sai felt that he is very egoistic as he remembered his past memories of his past host. Now, he could admit that and he is surprised that he often feels more like an older brother and a second mentor to Ranma. Yes, he could not be more proud as he sees Ranma flows in his kata after kata without pause.

One night, Ranma asks Sai why Sai enjoyed watching the night sky with him. Sai told him that seeing the sky makes him remember of his experience when he first time learned how to play Go. Ranma looked amazed and continues to enquire further on what Sai has said. Sai answers that for each person Go held a different meaning, to him, Go is like forming formation of stars in the night sky and with each different game, the Go-ban shows him stars with different unique constellations and each game carries potential in them.

Ranma was silent in contemplation after hearing the answer and could now understand how much Go meant to his friend. Not being able to play Go for Sai is like not being able to practice the Art for him. To Ranma, Art was his life although he could see that there's other aspect in life other than his Art, he could not see how he would be without the Art. Therefore, now he know that without Go is like torture to Sai ever since they met several years ago and he could not imagine how long Sai has resided inside the Go-ban and still be alright. He swore to himself to put an effort to learn go and to ask martial art masters that he will eventually met whether they would be willing to play go with him and by proxy will let Sai play through him. He won't let his friend and mentor down as Sai has sacrificed a lot for him too.

Though he do not realize the true impact of his answer to Ranma's curious question, Sai would never imagine that what he said tonight will continue to set Ranma walk further down into a unique path influence their life on a scale they never imagined before.


End of Chapter 01

Hey, this is getting more interesting! I think I can move along with this style at least for another chapter. Tell me what you guys think coz I wanna know if this wacky idea interests you guys or not. Till next Chapter.