Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Hikaru No Go Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma no Go? ❯ Another Beginning! Arrival at the Tendos ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Ranma no Go?

Disclaimer : I do not own nor do I take any profit from this and also I am NOT the owner of the following series : 'Ranma 1/2' and 'Hikaru no Go'. They are the property of the authors of those series and If I do own those series I won't be writing this fic would I? Man! I wish I am the authors!

Note 01 : By the way, if there's anyone who are interested to make omakes for this fic since I'm don't have any idea to make one, please send me a message. If there's someone interested, I'll add the omake and the credit on the relevant chapter.

Note 02 : Thx to all the reviewers who had send me message regarding how I write this fic. Soon I'll make a revision and try to change the format and add the ideas into my fic. I'll try to get better so please send me more reviews regarding which part of my writing that desperately needs improvements. I really appreciate any constructive criticism regarding the subject.

Note 03 : Btw, I'm looking for someone to be my beta-readers so please don't hesitate to contact me.

Summary : One night, Genma carried Ranma away from their home to go on a training journey. Somewhere along the journey, they went to make a stop at an antique shop to sell something that Genma stole and there Ranma met Sai for the first time. After that, Ranma and Sai continues to influence each other and after a brief conversation one night, Ranma resolved to learn Go for his friend. They finally arrived in a temple with monks that plays Go. There Sai finally played with opponents other than Ranma.

After they departed from the temple, finally they start the last leg of their training journey to China. At last, Genma is going to end Ranma's martial art training in Anything Goes at the legendary pool or sorrow 'Jusenkyo'. After the fated training in Jusenkyo, Sai, Ranma and his old man went to the Chinese Amazon Village to seek for a cure. There, Ranma was given a gift from the Cologne (Khu Lon) when he is leaving the Village. Now, let's get on with the show shall we!

"..." Dialogues

'...' Thoughts / Internal Monologue

'...' Special Emphasis


Chapter 06 : Another Beginning! Arrival at the Tendos


Usually the Nerimians are happy people who on average had seen many weird things compared to their other neighbours on other districts. However in this rainy day, when they see a young buxom red haired girl walking along silently behind a large panda who seems to be using a signboard to communicate animatedly to the mentioned red haired girl they decided that their weird-o-meter quota has just been exceeded and vows to just ignore what they have seen when the panda suddenly attack the young girl.

"Damnit oyaji! what the hell do you think suddenly attacking me like that! Can't you see that I just want to be left alone for a while!" The red haired girl finally shouted to the panda.

#OH! What a shame! My son is sulking like a weak little girl! Oh I forgot! He IS a weak little girl right now!# The panda signed to the girl.

'There he is whining again... what a useless father I have. Sai... why did you have to leave me alone all of a sudden... Pops don't count' Ranma thought.

"Just forget it old man! Don't forget that this weak little girl have kicked your ass many times already. Where are we going anyway?" Ranma questioned her pandafied father.

#We're going to visit my ole friend!# The panda replied.

Ranma actually raised her right eyebrow by a centimeter at her scepticism hearing that her old man actually still had a friend after seeing how many times her useless 'father' have scammed many people in the past and decides to vocalize her thought.

"You have a friend oyaji? Are you sure we're ONLY visiting your friend?" She questioned emphasizing on the 'ONLY' to her useless 'father'.

The panda sweats at his son who is now still cursed as a girl fearing that his intention of bringing Ranma to visit his friend foiled. He decides to try to try misdirection to carry the conversation away from the subject knowing that if Ranma know that he is going to have Ranma do his son will fight him all the way.

#Son! What is that behind you!#

"Huh? Come on old man. you're getting rusty if you actually think that stupid trick could work on me."

#Eh, err... Oh no! There's a flying cow falling here!# The panda tried again.

"Drop it old man! If there is one you'll run away first rather than telling me anyway. Let's just go to your friends house!" Ranma said finally thinking that if her 'father' have another agenda for bringing him here her old man would have to think twice to make her do whatever the panda is trying to do.

After another half of an hour of walking, the rain also have stopped a while ago, the father and son currently daughter finally arrived at their destination and Genma knocks the front door that is made of wood.


An hour before the Saotome's arrival at the Tendos

A man with a long black hair wearing a brown gi is sitting at the porch facing the koi pond checking the letter that was passed to him from his eldest daughter Kasumi.

'Hmm... It has been a long time since I've received a letter other than announcement from the town council. Let's see here...' The man focused on the letter that is actually a postcard (and don't ask how one could mistake a postcard with a letter cause even I don't know how that could happen. Ah.. let's just forget it...) with a picture of Panda sitting on grass eating bamboos on it.

Turning the postcard around the black haired man see the date was one week ago. After a minute, he is finally able to decipher the content scrawled on the postcard that was signed with a panda paw shaped on the lower right corner.

'Bringing Ranma back from China, Genma' written at the center of the postcard.

"OH! HAPPY DAY!" The man actually squealed like a girl after reading the message from his old friend. (To him anyway).

He ran to the kitchen calling his eldest daughter "Kasumi! Are you there?"

"Yes father?" Kasumi paused from tasting the miso soup that she is cooking turning her head facing her father's direction.

"Please come to the living room, I have something that I need to announce." Soun said to his daughter.

"Hai, please wait a moment father, I'll come as soon I finished tasting this first." Kasumi replied as she is also a little curious to what could cause her father acting much more animatedly since... a long time ago it seems.

Soun then exits the kitchen and walks to the stairs and bellows to his second daughter.

"Nabiki! Are you there! Can you come down here?" The man bellowed.

Just as he finished bellowing upstairs, he heard a sound of quick steps near the entrance.

As he turns to face the direction he hears the sound of brick breaking accompanied with a shout 'KIYAAAH!' from his youngest daughter which is the usual ritual in her daily life. He could not feel more proud than he is now seeing his little girls and remembering what he is going to announce soon he knows that at least one of his daughters future will be secured.

"Akane! Please come here! I have something to say to all of you." He called to his youngest daughter who is also the proud heir to the Tendo Anything Goes Martial Art style.

"OKAY!" Akane shouts her reply to her father.

After a moment the three daughters were heard walking towards the living room. Kasumi is wearing a simple housedress with a frilled apron as she waits patiently for her father to announce what he is going to say.

Nabiki steps downstairs wearing shorts and sweat shirt is licking a lollipop observing her father who is acting more alive than he ever been.

Akane still dressed in her gi taps her left feet impatiently waiting for her father so that she could quickly return to the dojo to continue her exercises (torturing the poor wooden training log and breaking bricks).

"Ahem!" After getting the attention from his daughters, he finally starts to speak.

"An old friend of mine will soon arrive with his son. They are on their way here from China. It has been a week since Genma send the postcard so he should be arriving here today. Anyway, the important thing is I have made an agreement with my old friend Genma before you girls were born that if we have chilren of the opposite gender, we will engage them together! Oh happy day!" Soun said to his daughter.

"ENGAGE?!" Akane shouts.
"Oooh China! Is he rich?" Nabiki said at the same time.
"Oh My!" We know who said that don't we?

"I don't want to be engaged to some pervert boy! Honestly! They are all just perverts!" Akane continued her tirade.
"If he is not rich at least I hope he is cute" Nabiki added.
"I hope he is older than me. Younger man bore me." Kasumi finished.

Turning his head looking at his daughters, Soun realized that he also knows nothing about the son of his old friend.

"Hmm.. I don't know. I have never met Genma's son too. Don't worry though! He is my friend's son! He is surely a fine young man." He answered confidently.

Right after he finished his sentence, knocking sound was heard from the direction of the front door.


"Excuse me, I will check who is knocking at the door" Kasumi excused herself and walks toward the mentioned door.

"Yes, can I hel- OH MY!" Opening the door Kasumi was struck speechless seeing a panda standing behind the door.

"Damn I knew I forgot something. Get aside old man! I'll speak to her" Ranma said to his pandafied father.

"Excuse me miss? Please don't mind the panda, as long you're not a food he won't bite." Ranma still in his cursed form spoke to the young woman in front of him.

"We are here to visit an old friend of my father. Is..." He sent a glance at his old man waiting for the panda to tell him.

#Soun! Tendo Soun!#

"Is Tendo Soun living here?" Ranma added.

"Oh my! Yes he is. May I know who is looking for him?" Kasumi replied.

"Oh! Please forgive me, my name is Ranma Saotome" Ranma introduced.

She looks back and forth at the red haired girl and the panda in front of her, Kasumi was confused as she could not see how a panda could bred a human daughter. Question marks was bubbling over her head.

Seeing the confusion written all over the face, Ranma realizes he and his old man is still in their cursed form. He cursed his forgetfullness and speak again to the brown haired young woman standing in front of him.

"I can explain this, can I please have some hot water miss..?"

"Oh! My name is Kasumi. Tendo Kasumi. Ranma-kun isn't it? I'll get some hot water for you. Please come in, my father and sisters are in the living room having discussions so you can find them there. Please follow me." Then Kasumi turns and seeing that her father's guest following her she led them towards the living room.

Ranma still surprised that Kasumi easily accepted her explanation just pulled her pandafied father and follows Kasumi inside.

In the living room Soun, Nabiki and Akane turns their head to see who their guest is and was struck silenced seeing a panda inside the house walking behind a young girl and their sister/daughter.

"Uh sis?" Nabiki finally regained her motor function first said to her sister.

"Yes Nabiki?" Kasumi asked.

"Why is there a panda inside the house? And who is she?" Nabiki points at the girl and the panda.

"Oh my! what am I thinking. They are looking for our father. Her name is Ranma Saotome and this panda is her pet." Kasumi answers obliviously like nothing was wrong.

"Oh..."

"Ranma Saotome?! That is the name of my friend's son! Oh happy day!!" The sole male inside the house quickly ran toward the owner of the name and hug her not realizing that the supposed 'he' is a 'she'.

"Uh... can you please let go of me?" Ranma said thinking that her oxygen supply is getting less getting limited.

Meanwhile Soun is just realizing that something is wrong with the son-in-law to be. As he loosened his hold and looking at his old friend's 'son' he saw something on Ranma's chest that is not supposed to be there and paused.

"'He' is our fiance? Some fiance 'he' is! How could 'he' be our fiance when he got this?" Nabiki points her finger at her supposed fiance-to-be's breast. 'Damn she got bigger breast than me. And firmer too.' She thought to herself.

"Umm.. could you not do that please miss..?" Ranma said feeling a bit weird with how the finger was touching him. 'Fiance? Don't tell me...' He thought fearing that Genma just strike again. He decides to ignore the problem in favor to observe his host.

While Ranma is speaking, the panda is shaking his old friend Soun.

Soun just returned from the La-la-land shook his head furiously still confused how Genma's supposed son is a daughter.

"Stop it Nabiki! Can't you see you are making her uncomfortable." Akane tried to stop Nabiki from harassing their guest.

"Ah.. I'm sorry" Nabiki pulls her finger back not even looks the least embarrassed that she was molesting the father's guest.

Kasumi walk into the scene carrying a cup of hot water looking at her sisters curiously not knowing what happened while she is still in the kitchen.

Ranma regaining 'his' nerve is looking at the occupants of the household tries to glean as much information as 'he' could from what he could see. All three of the female around him are good looking in their own right.

Kasumi carries an air of innocence and serenity that makes him feels calm just from being in her presence. She have long brown hair with a white bow tied near the end of her hair crowning her beautiful face.

Nabiki is making him a little uncomfortable. Seeing how her eye darts sharply he could also see that Nabiki is probably very intelligent and also confident in herself with how she carries herself. She have short shoulder length brown hair. Looking at what she is wearing he adds 'And sexy too'.

Akane is not far behind in term of physical beauty but she is different with how she is wearing a white gi and the way she walks, which he analyzed that she is perhaps around 2-Dan and 3-Dan in term of martial art skill. She also have blue-tinted long hair with a bow tied similar to Kasumi.

Mister Tendo 'he' should say that while he is also a martial artist, 'he' analyzed that he is very rusty. Mister Tendo seemed like it has been a very long time since he last practiced his 'Art'.

After he finished analyzing what he could in that short moment. Ranma focused his attention toward Kasumi as she handed a glass of hot water to 'him'.

"Excuse me! I'd like to show you all something before I explain everything. Please focus at me." Then he pours the half of the hot water from the glass in his hand above his head.

The residents within the Tendo household was stuck speechless once again seeing their female guest turned to male guest.

"My name is Ranma Saotome. Sorry about this." Ranma scratched behind his head feeling embarrassed at the attention he is given. Then he pours the rest of the hot water at his still pandafied father. The panda turns into a male in white gi with white bandanna and small reading glasses on his head.

"He-" Ranma pointed at the former panda turned into his father "Is my father, Genma Saotome. Again I must remind you all that you're not hallucinating. We are under a Jusenkyo curse that changes us into our cursed for with cold water and reverts with hot water." Ranma continued.

"Soun old friend! Long time no see!" Genma called happily to his old friend who had trained under the old 'master' with him.

Seeing the girl and panda has just turn into a boy and a man Soun faints. Nabiki tries to find and explanation of what just happened trying to find the trick and looking around to look for the girl and panda. Akane was still speechless seeing the girl turning into a male. Kasumi just 'Oh My'ed' with her left hand just in front of her lips.

Ranma seeing that his host still in La-la-land just wait patiently until they regains their motor function. Feeling bad that Soun is unconscious on the floor, the freshly returned male took a pillow and put it right under Soun's head to make him more comfortable. Genma in his rare moment of wisdom just decided to keep his silence and waits for Soun to regain consciousness.

Akane who just realize her female guest just turned into a boy who in her mind equals pervert activates her emergency protocol 'All Boy Are Perverts' Mode Ver 0.5 screams "PERVERT!!" and took the nearest blunt object around her which in this case is the square four legged table and throw it at the mentioned pervert.

Nabiki seeing this just shook her head at her sister. Kasumi surprised at the reaction of her youngest sister toward their guest could not react appropriately to prevent the disaster.

The mentioned male who is surprised and confused that he is called pervert could not see what is wrong with the youngest of the three sisters reacts with his reflex that was honed all his life by his father toward 'surprise' attacks.

Ranma evades the table thrown at him which continues on it's path towards the koi pond and within one move he moves toward his aggressor.

Akane surprised that a the pervert could evade the instrument of her 'pervert bashing' could not do anything as a flash of movement moves toward her. Regaining control of his reflex, Ranma stops his action and stopped his fist right an inch in front of Akane's face. Akane could feel the air blows her hair and knew that if the blow hits it could incapacitate her fell on her knees.

"Darn! I was surprised and I just reacted without thinking. Please forgive me." Ranma quickly apologized to Akane.

"Oh my! Akane! Is she all right?" Kasumi quickly ran to check on Akane and sees that she is alright, just a little weak at her knees. 'At least it's lucky that Akane was not hit."

Ranma who was still a little surprised starts a conversation.

"Is she alright? Why did she attack me and called me names?" Ranma asks.

"Oh I'm sorry for her actions. Akane is a nice girl. She is just a violent maniac." Kasumi replied obliviously.

"Uhhh... So she reacts that way towards all male?"

"Not all. She was just conditioned to attack all perverts in her mind. Seeing you turns from a girl to a boy perhaps activated her conditional reflex toward perverts?" Nabiki adds. 'Hmm.. How do I manipulate this to bring more profit?'

Soun awakened due to all the noise started to raise and look around. When he focused his vision on his old friend he quickly hugs his friend.

"Genma! When did you get here? I just had a weird dream where a panda and a girl just turned into you and your son. Weird huh?" Soun said in disbelieving tone.

"Oh you're not dreaming Soun ole friend!" Then he activated his old wise man mode (which is useless I tell you!) and tell the story of how he and his son was cursed at the pools of sorrow 'Jusenkyo'.

After half an hour of Genma's style of story-telling (Aka 95 modifications and 5 truth) and quips from his ungrateful (In Genma's eye) son everyone finally understand about the curse (Added with a demonstration of Genma-Panda courtesy of Ranma who evades his old man's attempt to kick him into the koi pond and throw Genma there)

"So... your son here" Soun pulls Ranma near him, "With cold water transforms to a girl" He pours cold water he took our of nowhere and Ranma became Ranma-chan, "And hot water turns him back to boy" Soun finished.

"That's not so bad! Ranma! they are my daughters, Kasumi, 19 years old, Nabiki 17 years old, and Akane 16 years old. Choose one and they will be your fiance!" Soun adds.

"Wha? Fiance?" Ranma turns sharply to look at his useless 'father' and thinking of various way to make a panda rug quickly adds. "Wait a minute Tendo-san. I must refuse your offer at the moment because I won't engage myself when I'm not ready to be engaged yet."

"WHAT?! You have to do this! it is a matter honor!" Genma and Soun shouts at Ranma in tandem.

"No." Ranma replied calmly. "Did you forget that you have engaged me for God knows how many times old man? Or you thought I didn't know when you make the deal old man?" he smirked in his head when he saw his father started to sweat at his friend's accusing look.

"You can clarify the matter with your friend first Tendo-san. I can't in my good conscience getting engaged with another girl before the matter are resolved. I won't budge in this matter Tendo-san so forget any engagement before you resolve this with my father." he paused. "Anyway I still remember some of the names of the family you engaged me to so don't try to lie old man" he adds for his old man's benefit.

The girls are glad that they do not have to be engaged immediately to Ranma. Nabiki swore that she would ask Ranma some of the name of the family to find out the truth. After all she needs to have an ace card to get her and her sisters out of the engagement if push come to shove.

"Kasumi-san? Do you mind if I take a bath? I forgot in the excitements that I was drenched and a little sweaty on the road" Ranma spoke to Kasumi.

"I don't mind. Please follow me. I'll show you to the bathroom." Kasumi replied.

She quickly stands and shows Ranma the way to the bathroom. After preparing the warm water, Kasumi put on the 'occupied' sign and leaves Ranma to take the bath.


In the bathroom

Ranma did the usual routine as he pours cold water where he transformed to his girl-side and after he lathers soap in his hand, Ranma starts to scrub his body.

'Man... what a day! I could not believe old man was planning to engage me again. I'm lucky my argument made the Tendo's doubt my old man. It should buy me enough time until I could think for a more permanent solution.' He contemplates as he cleans his body not wanting to look directly at his female form.

Ending his scrubs, he poured water again to wash away the soap and walks to the 'furo'.

Sinking half his body into the furo while also transforms him back to his original gender, Ranma continues his contemplation.

'Not that engagement to the Tendo girls is that bad... but I don't think that getting engaged without getting to know more about all of them without giving them equal chance to get to know me is fair. I hope they will not reject me for this curse though... I don't want to lose friends due to this damned curse.'

'It's also strange that old man is actually honoring the engagements to the Tendo's but if Tendo Soun is his friend that actually makes sense. All of the other engagements are actually just to fill his own stomach after all. That's the reason Sai and me could easily negotiate to dissolve engagement to their daughters after telling them about old man and paying those families back with the emergency cash I've gotten from the side-jobs I've gotten in the past. Good thing that I've gotten better at hiding those cash after my useless father stolen it for the first several times.'

'Sai... I'm glad that he has been there in my life... I could not imagine the trouble that will accumulate if Sai did not solve many of the problems my father creates. But the problem here is old man for the first time is actually pushing for the engagement to the Tendo girls. It also involves the honor of our families because I think it was the first agreement that my old man made. I wonder what is my old man planning to gain from this.'

'Oh well.. I'll just wing it and stomp my old man's arguments in the bud since I'm here to stop it. If there's no solution, then staying here for a while is also not too bad. It's been a while since I can get a warm water bath and to sleep with a roof on my head for once. Spending time with other people other than old man is also not so bad. I guess.. I could give this engagement a chance after all.. But.. Only if the girls are interested. If all of them not showing any sign of interest, no matter what our parents say I'll hike it.'


End of Chapter 06


Extra Information:

Sente : Tempo in the Go, often those who wield the tempo is the winner in a Game

Wei Qi : Another name for Go in Chinese

Go-Ban : A small table with 19x19 horizontal and vertical lines the Go-ke is placed at the intersection of those lines except for the outermost lines.

Go-Ke : Stones that is used to play go, is in two colors, black and white.

Furo : or O-Furo if I'm not mistaken, it's a Japanese word for traditional Japanese Bath.

more will be added as needed.


Author's Rants:

Log 10/07/08: I must say, there's not too much difference between this fic and the canon series in term of the fighting skills. However, I must find something to replace the reason the Amazons to came to visit Nerima. I'm not sure whether to replace 'Mouko Takabisha' with other skills since Ranma is not as ego-centric compared to the original. Still haven't planned how to develop Ranma's advanced skill set but I've decided to incorporate Go into the core style. Ranma is also not too desperate with finding a cure to his curse after accepting that the curse is already a part of him and staying with the Amazons helps to pound the rest of his male-macho ego that girls are weak that hasn't been rid from Sai's help.

cabrera1234 : I must say that I also regret that I made Sai leave but I find it difficult to fit Sai into the usual craziness in Ranma's daily life. Perhaps I'll make several dream visit from Sai to give advise to Ranma when he is in a pinch.

Chalde : I'm glad that you spend a lot of effort to criticize me. Thx man! Anyway I have decided to follow your advice in my writing. I tried to make it better but I'm still not too sure on some parts. Tell me what you think in your next review. I hope that you'll be following my fic.

Madtic : Whoa! you guessed it man! several of your predictions is right on the dot but I won't tell you which one is right. Anyway I am planning to at least give equal chance to the Tendo girls and who will end with Ranma is still unknown at this stage. lol

Thx to all the rest of the reviewers that I did not mention here! I won't take too much of your time reading my reply here. Please R&R to tell me which part needs more improvements kay! Ideas to the betterment to for the sake of better story-flow is appreciated.