Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Chi Vampire ❯ Bad News ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers:

- Ranma belongs to Rumiko Takahashi

- This is a variation of the original concept by Ranma-mite (Anime Addventure 41379).

- This story is made for fun and is meant for the enjoyment of the fans.

- I have to thank Adrian Chris and Santi for preread this chapter. Thank you very much.

- Please R&R.

--------------------------------- Chapter: 2 Bad News.

The light of the sun, that entered through the window, illuminated the room where Akane slept.

Her calm expression contrasted with the scar that crossed her shaved head. At her side a monitor connected to her body, watched her state. Its’ rhythmical beeps were the only sound that could be heard in the room.


In a near waiting room the Tendo and the Saotome waited for some news. Finally a doctor entered the room with a folder underneath his arm. Finally a doctor entered the room with a folder underneath his arm, most probably of said target of their worries.

“Mr. Soun Tendo?” the doctor asked facing the occupants of the waiting room.

Soun however remained seated, with his head bent and resting between his hands, without answering, as Kasumi watched the doctor.

"Excuse my father; he is very affected by what has occurred. But we are ready to listen that you have to say."

When Soun heard it, he shrank further into his seat, as such Kasumi tried to console him, while Nabiki interrupted the doctor.

"But you told us that the operation had been a success."

"And it was" said doctor defended himself. "We extirpated the blood clot without complications, but later analyses showed a serious hormonal imbalance. When we tried to discover its cause we found that the situation was worse than we thought at first."

With that he opened his folder and began to read the results.

“Her reproductive system is completely destroyed.”

The doctor looked at them and added:

“This was what caused the hormonal imbalance.”

He continued reading.

“Her digestive system is damaged too, and her liver undergoes an acute necrosis. Her internal ear is perforated and, probably her optical nerves are destroyed.”

He closed the report and continued talking, before somebody could interrupt him.

"It is strange that you didn’t realize it before. Didn’t you notice that she constantly suffered headaches, or that her temper got worse?" enquired the doctor out of curiosity

At that particular moment, Ranma decided to open his mouth. "Who? Akane?"

Probably he was going to say a funny comment, but the glance of Nabiki convinced him that it would be better close his mouth.

“Do you think that she will live?” Kasumi asked while fidgeting with worry as she had understood what the doctor had said, but hoping among hope for her to be wrong.

“We calculated that, at the most, she has a month left. It is best you all be prepared.” and as an afterthought he added. “Sorry.”

Nobody said anything, the atmosphere was so thick and suffocating, after hearing the death sentence in which the room sank in silence. The only sound that could be heard was the sobs of Soun, and then the door was opened and a very nervous nurse appeared.

“Doctor! They need you urgently in room 323! The patient has awaked!” exclaimed said nurse to the doctor. The doctor went out of the room, stopping only to give the folder to the nurse.

Kasumi looked at Nabiki. “Isn’t 323 Akane’s room?” enquired Kasumi at Nabiki for confirmation. Nabiki nodded before running after the doctor.

Kasumi then stood up and asked Ranma “Could you take care of my father?”

“Of course” replied Ranma. “Go see her.” Kasumi smiled when she heard the answer and went out of the room to go after Nabiki towards Akane’s room.


  When Akane opened her eyes, she was surrounded by the darkness, it was as if the whole room has lost the electricity and in the middle of the night without any stars and the moon.

‘Where I am?’ was her first thought.

Slowly she began to remember what had happened during class, and she deduced that somebody, probably Ranma, had brought her to her room. ‘It is night already? How long have I been unconscious?’

When she sat up, she felt that something was pulled on her chest before detaching. After searching blindly she discovered that they were small plastic circles.

‘What is this?’ Akane thought while raised the sheets to get up. But before she was able to put a foot on the floor, hands grabbed her firmly. She didn’t understand that was happening and tried to free herself.

Suddenly she realized that everything was in silence. In spite of the fight, in spite of her shouts, an absolute silence surrounded her. She couldn’t hear anything. Akane was so surprised that she stopped fighting. Upon seeing that she wasn’t resisting them longer, the hands relaxed their grab but she didn’t noticed it. She only repeated a sentence time and time again. “It can’t be, it can’t be.”

Akane put a hand over her neck and, opening her mouth, she tried to shout with all of her might, but nothing was heard. She really didn’t hear anything. Akane continued shouting, trying to break the silence barrier that surrounded her. In her desperation she didn’t feel the slight puncture in her arm, and slowly she fell asleep again.


  Even though Kasumi and Nabiki hadn’t entered the room, they had heard Akane’s shouts from the corridor. Kasumi had her back to the wall, while she tried futilely to dry her ever flowing tears. While Nabiki didn’t cry, but the shouts had torn something inside her, what she’s not very sure though. Fortunately the shouts had finally stopped.

When the doctor came out of the room, Nabiki asked the doctor.

“What has happened?”

“She has had a small crisis. I suppose that it must be very hard to awake isolated of the world.” He sighed, “Your sister is now blind and deaf. Normally I would recommend that she remained in the hospital, but in this case it is useless, we can’t do anything for her, so I believe that it would be better that she spent her last days at home, with her family. I am sorry” With that he moved away down the corridor.