Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Chi Vampire ❯ Explanations ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers:
- Ranma belongs to Rumiko Takahashi
- This is a variation of the original concept by Ranma-mite (Anime Addventure 41379).
- This story is made for fun and is meant for the enjoyment of the fans.
- I have to thank Harukue for preread this chapter. Thank you very much.
- Please R&R.
 
--------------------------------- Chapter 4: Explanations
 
Cologne walked slowly towards the Tendo Dojo. While she advanced into the solitary streets of Nerima, she tried to guess the reason for which Nabiki had requested her aid.
Since Nabiki had visited her, she hadn't been able to let think about it. Nabiki hadn't been precise in that point. She only mentioned that there was something very important and very urgent.
 
The problem was that after what happened after the trip to China, Cologne couldn't refuse to help them and Nabiki knew it.
 
When she arrived at the dojo she hadn't been able to deduce anything yet. She opened the heavy wood doors and entered prepared for everything.
She hadn't taken two steps by the entrance path when she stood still, observing in silence.
 
Something was wrong.
 
She could feel it.
 
Cologne took in her surroundings; pivoting her eyes from the garden, to the stone-paved path and, finally, the house. Everything was in order. There wasn't any indication of any strange happenings.
 
After a small hesitation she continued her way towards the house, called to the door and wait.
 
She heard steps within the house approaching but when the door was opened, it wasn't Kasumi who appeared, but an older woman.
In spite of hadn't met her before, Cologne recognized her immediately, mainly because she was like Ranma-chan.
 
“Good morning. My name is Cologne. Nabiki asked me to come.”
 
Before Nodoka could return the salute, a moan of pleasure was heard. Nodoka turned her head towards the inner house and asked fearfully.
 
“Akane?”
 
Cologne had recognized the moan, too; but that wasn't what scared her. When she first entered, she could sense the chi of every inhabitant of the house, but then at the sound of the moan, Ranma's chi had disappeared.
 
Cologne entered the house running, dodged over Nodoka, and rushed over to where she had last felt Ranma's chi.
 
When she arrived in the living room, she found an unbelievably shocking scene.
 
Akane was hugging a weakened Ranma openly while she moaned out with pleasure. The rest of the family and Genma looked them astonished, too surprised to react.
 
Without hesitation Cologne advanced towards the young couple, grasped her cane and striked Akane's face with all her strength. The impact sent Akane flying into the garden where she landed brutally, and passed out.
Without anyone to support him, Ranma's unconscious body slumped towards the floor. Luckily Cologne was able to catch him in time and laid him down smoothly on the ground.
 
Nabiki was the first to react.
 
"What just happened?" She asked.
 
Cologne looked her with a tired gesture and answered.
 
"There isn't the time for explanations. Akane has become dangerous and we must make sure that she doesn't attack anyone when she wakes up."
 
After seeing what happened, none of the spectators doubted the words of Cologne.
Soun and Genma, as directed by Cologne, carried Akane to her room. There, they chained her to her bed with the most strongest resistant chains they could find. While down stairs in the living room, the other two Tendo sisters and Nodoka remained with Ranma, who was still unconscious.
 

 
When Ranma awoke Cologne was the first to greet him
 
"Welcome back Ranma. We were beginning to worry."
 
Surprised by the presence of Cologne and still a little disoriented, Ranma tried to rise; but he didn't have the energy to speak, or move.
 
"Calm down Ranma." Kasumi said while she helped him to get up. "Don't stress yourself."
 
With the aid of Nodoka, Kasumi was able to position Ranma against the wall; He seemed like a doll hoping for a kid to play with .The image was so unrealistic that even Kasumi had to avoid smiling.
 
"Ok Cologne." Nabiki said trying to move the attention away from Ranma. "If you know something, this is a good time as any to tell us."
 
All the presents, except Ranma, turned to look at the Chinese elder, waiting for her explanation.
 
"I suppose you already know that there are techniques that are able to absorb the chi of the people."
"Like Miss Hinako." Nabiki added "But what is her relation with Akane's condition?"
"Do you mean that now Akane also can absorb the energy of people?" Kasumi asked.
Nabiki watched surprised by her older sister, who watched fixedly to Cologne awaiting an answer.
"That is correct. Akane has become a Vampire of Chi."
 
Before she could add any more the voice of Soun Tendo resonated in the room.
 
"Lie! My daughter can't be a vampire”
 
Cologne watched Soun with sadness but she didn't answer, in her place was Nabiki the one that said:
 
"Then how do you explain what happened, father?"
 
Soun didn't know what answer and he took refuge in a bad-tempered silence. It was then when, with great effort, Ranma was able to ask:
 
"How?"
"Do you mean: How is it possible? I'm not entirely sure, but I believe her contact with the Kinjakan destroyed her capacity to produce her own chi. Her body tried to adapt, first it suppressed no vital functions and finally learned to absorb chi."
"Then Akane will survive." Kasumi said optimistically.
"That's good." Nabiki replied ironically. "As long as we're not her supper."
"Nabiki" Kasumi said admonishing her.
"What! You've already seen what happened to Ranma." Nabiki responded pointing to the temporarily disabled martial artist. "Who knows what could happen the next time?"
"Akane never would do something like this.”
"Kasumi is right." Cologne took part. "Akane never would do something like this. Now we need to know if was left something of the old personality of Akane in this body."
Nobody dared to add anything else and the room sank in a tense silence.
 

 
She didn't know where she was, but the site was familiar. Her instincts indicated that the place was safe; and that calmed her. She noticed that she was chained, but it wasn't important. She knew that the chains weren't sufficiently strong enough to restain her.
The murmur of the conversation in the living room traveled to her room, which caused her to return her focused attention on her prey.
She could feel them very near.
 
'Perhaps they think that they can stop me with so much facility? Stupid! I will hunt all of them, even the one who dared to attack me. Although I don't think that she is very succulent. Ah! But the young male has survived! Better! I will be able to savor his delicious chi again.'
 
Her body shook of pleasure with that thought and, like most of wild animals after eating, the creature called Akane fell asleep.