Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ The Insanity Continues ❯ Love Loves Trouble ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Insanity Continues

Volume 4 - One of Those Weeks.

Chapter 2 - Love Loves Trouble

By: Lord Archive

Characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi and Shogakukan and are used without permission. All rights reserved.

-----------------------------

"Now Ranma, you need to be in a proper uniform," principal Kuno announced.

"Ain't no way I'm wearin' one of those stuffy uniforms. They don't fit at all if I get wet," Ranma retorted.

"Can't allow you inta class, if ya don't wear dis uniform." Principal Kuno pulled out an outfit that had a similar cut as the male uniform, but it bore a gaudy Hawaiian pattern.

Ranma punted the deranged school head master into a wall.

Principal Kuno pulled himself free. "Oh, damn. Baaad principal. Should of known having no plan would be worse dan having several, even if none of da plans worked before."

-----------------------------

Akane frowned watching the substitute drone on about history. She knew she was definitely going to have a Saotome child, her appetite was ravenous. Right now she felt like she could eat her desk, metal and all. She eyed her lunch and really wanted it. She thought it over, and realized by now the teacher should know she was pregnant and that this was a necessity. Without a second thought, she started eating lunch.

Godai almost said something to the rude Saotome girl but her brother's hands were glowing with the same color light as that beam that damaged the chalkboard. When class ended he decided to talk to them but was too late, Ranma grabbed Akane and jumped out of the classroom, which was on the third floor.

-----------------------------

Cologne hopped on her staff toward her newest mission, hardly dangerous, but likely one of the more humorous. At least the most humorous while going through it, as many had found her childhood adventures with Happosai a source of great amusement. She arrived at her designated location and knocked on the door.

A moment later the door opened to reveal Dr. Tofu grinning like maniac. "Oh, my. Why hello Cologne-chan. What brings you here? Certainly nothing I can help you with."

Cologne blinked. Akane wasn't kidding, he looked like a schoolboy in love and he was staring dreamily at the elder Amazon! If only she was a hundred years younger. She clear her voice. "Actually I'm here to help you."

"Oh, right. It seems I'm a bit too friendly, if there is such a thing. Would you like some tea?" Dr. Tofu offered.

Cologne sighed. "Not at the moment. Please lets go to the examining room to talk."

"As you wish." Dr. Tofu happily obliged.

Cologne giggled like a schoolgirl, watching the doctor skipped towards that room. It had been ages since anyone acted like that towards her. "Please sit down."

"Anything you want, Cutie." Dr. Tofu nodded and sat down in his chair.

Cologne's eyes widen and then she shook her head. Ah, to be young once more. "I want to examine you."

"Normally I get to examine the girls, but sure," Dr. Tofu chirped.

Cologne decided this potion would definitely have some uses. The council head, Chan Peng, could certainly use a dose. The matriarch began to test the doctor's chi balance, and wasn't surprised at her find. "Your chi is a bit off. It is currently more of the lighter side of your soul. That's why it lasts so long. It'll take a while to readjust back to normal... maybe a couple weeks. An appropriate shock may speed up your recovery, but I advise against it."

"I'm perfectly happy the way I am." The doctor smiled.

"I'm sure you are. Just be careful about who you see," Cologne advised.

"I will. And Cologne-chan, you will come back for a visit?" Dr. Tofu looked at her with pleading eyes.

Cologne always had a weakness of that love-sick-puppy-dog look she was getting, and blushed. "Certainly." She left quickly. She REALLY wish she was eighteen again. She sighed and then shuddered remembering what eighteen-year-olds went through. Then again it's better to be young at heart than in body... but it doesn't hurt.

-----------------------------

Kasumi smiled as she walked with her younger sister to the market. She was a little ashamed at how happy she was to have her kitchen back. The problem was she only got it back from her sister because morning sickness made it difficult for Akane to cook anything without throwing up. So for at next couple months the duty to cook for the family was hers and Nodoka's, that was exactly how the eldest Tendo daughter felt it should be until her little sister learned to cook without turning her beautiful kitchen into a terrifying mess.

Akane sulked a bit walking next to her older sister. She hated the fact that Dr. Tofu practically ordered her out of the kitchen. She needed to cook for her family and guests. That was her duty as the lady of the Saotome-Tendo home. She couldn't even cook for herself and her husband. So what if her progesterone levels had suddenly went through the roof, she had a family to take care of. Akane sighed. She could help at least help Kasumi shop for food.

The market street was full. The dull roar of people buying and selling goods filled the sisters' ears.

Kasumi practically swam through the market like a shark snagging the best deals that often improved when she would gently smile at the salesman as he rang up her order.

Akane tried to keep pace, but was having trouble. It would be so much easier if she could plow through the crowd, yet her older sister moved through them like a mist. After a while of trying to keep up with her sister, she sighed in defeat and decided to do some shopping on her own. Passing by the various vendors, she couldn't help herself and bought some leftover Valentines Day chocolates on sale.

Akane munched on the chocolate amazed at how that while she craved it, it also made her a bit nauseous. Not that she was going to let a little upset stomach prevent her from eating what her taste buds wanted.

"Now miss, tell me if this isn't the freshest fish you ever smelled?" A salesman said shoving a whole tuna fish under Akane's nose.

Akane hadn't been paying much attention until the overwhelming scent of dead fish wafted through her nostrils. Her eyes crossed as she looked down at lifeless corpse. She knew what was going to happen now, and there was nothing she could do about it.

The salesman saw the girl turn an ugly shade of green and tried to pull his hand back away from her, but was too late. The fish and his arm were now dripping of vomit, and he could only look at the 'fresh fish' in ghastly horror.

Akane blushed and raised a hand to cover her mouth. "I...I'm so sorry! I couldn't stop it."

The vendor in the next sales booth was rolling on the floor laughing. "Suzuhara, you idiot. You deserved that!"

"Shut up, Aida. I'm just trying to sell fish. How am I suppose to now she's allergic to fish?" The fish salesman scowled, tempted to 'clean' his arm on other vendor's stuff rather then the cloth towel he was now using.

The other salesman snorted. "Allergic?! That's Saotome Akane, you brainless twit. Everyone knows she's pregnant!"

Akane wondered if you could die from embarrassment, because she wanted to. First throwing up on a complete stranger and then having someone else, who she would swear she didn't know, was talking about her like she's some celebrity that has her entire life made public knowledge.

"Saotome?! Pregnant?!" The fish salesman looked at Akane, who nodded. "Erm, sorry... my mistake...." He handed the girl a somewhat clean towel to clean herself with.

"Oh, Akane, there you are. Are you all right?" Kasumi called. She looked uneasily at the fish salesman.

Akane shook her head. "I want to go home, Sis."

"Oh, my. Did my little sister ruin that fish?" Kasumi asked, looking at the trashcan where the fish salesman had put it.

The salesman chuckled lightly. "Um, you could say it's my fault. Gotta learn not to be so pushy."

Kasumi eyed the other fish he had for sale. "At least let me buy a fish from you. It wouldn't seem right to not do at least that."

"Ah, sure," the salesman agreed sheepishly.

Kasumi quickly selected a fish and wrapped it herself and paid for it. She held her sister lightly as they walked back home.

-----------------------------

Akane sighed, working on homework had never been this tiring. Well, it wasn't the homework that made her tired but she didn't want to blame the true cause since she preferred not to think to about it too much, just one out of every five minutes.

She closed her literature book and was pretty much ready for bed. "Ranma, are you done with your homework yet?" She was answered with a snore.

Akane turned to look at her husband who was sleeping face down in his English book. She shook her head and giggled. She went over to the bed and lifted Ranma's head to remove the book and then set him back down gently onto the pillow.

Akane sighed again, deciding against waking him up. "Can't have sex with him every night," she muttered. She undressed and put on her pajamas. She giggled slightly, realizing it was the first time in almost a month she actually undressed herself before going to bed. She curled up to her husband and soon fell asleep.

----------

Akane growled. For the third time that night she had woken up to go the bathroom. She wanted to find whoever coined the term 'Morning Sickness' and beat him to a bloody pulp. It certainly wasn't a woman, because she would know that sick feeling lasted twenty-four seven and certain things that came with it that don't happen in the morning but in the middle of the night. Okay, so her bladder control was worse than when she was being potty trained at any point of the day, however it was intolerable in the middle of the night.

Akane wanted to slam the door when she left, but stopped herself. It wasn't Kasumi's fault that she was pregnant and didn't want to chance waking her up. If she wasn't asleep, everyone else be damned.

Akane entered her room and shut the door behind her with more force than was needed. She glared at her husband. He was the cause of her suffering. It was his seed that was growing in her, making her nauseous and near complete loss of her ability to stop herself from peeing.

Akane stomped towards her bed, her eyes narrowed at her husband and shook him awake.

Ranma opened his weary eyes and looked at his wife. "Akane? Is something wrong?"

Akane's eyes were unfocused for a brief second and then snarled, "Yes! We didn't have sex last night." She kissed him passionately and her hands started to roam across his body.

Ranma returned her kiss and reciprocated her actions. He didn't know why she woke him up, but he was not going to complain.

-----------------------------

Godai was starting to really dislike this history class. The Saotome twins really unnerved him. The girl was belching up a storm and the boy was balancing five pencils, point down, on the back of his hand. He really wanted to talk to them and express his displeasure, but just after class ended a girl came up to him and asked him for his phone number. He spent the next five minutes explaining he was not available and that she look for someone her age. When that didn't work he left the same way the Saotomes did, through the window. That tree outside the window was a god send as he only received a few scratches from the branches verses whatever the ground would do to him.

-----------------------------

Ranma frowned. Lunch had just started and Akane had just taken one whiff of her food and ran for the bathroom. He hoped she'd get better soon, but knew it might be months before then. He noticed Kuno approaching and wondered why he looked ready to fight.

"Saotome, I wish to spar with you," Kuno said flatly.

"Spar?" Ranma blinked. "Why?"

"Nabiki has made a point of telling me of my 'less than par' skill in the art and I ask that you help point out where I error in my skills." Kuno smirked. Nabiki said he couldn't fight the deceiver, but she said nothing about sparring with him, and injuries can happen while sparring.

Ranma shrugged, inhaled his food, and stood up. "Ready?"

Kuno nodded once and lunged forward towards his opponent's chest, who dodged and tapped him on the shoulder.

Godai saw one of the students in a kendo outfit carrying a bokken approach the Saotome boy. He rushed towards them in hopes to save the weaponless Saotome. He was held back by the gym teacher, who just told him to, 'watch.' Godai couldn't believe his eyes as Saotome danced around the bokken wielding student. By the speed of the movements, Godai knew he'd last all of a second against the kendo master and Saotome wouldn't give him a fraction of one.

Kuno called forth, "Rage of the gods!" He swung down in a mighty stroke. He was truly surprised to feel weight on his weapon. His opponent was standing on it.

Ranma glared at Kuno not in a manner unlike how Genma or Cologne glared at him when he screwed up in training. "Now, student, you have learn your forms well; however, you don't know how to improvise. You used that move on me dozens of times, naming it differently doesn't change the move. You are too stuck in patterns, and while you've gotten faster and stronger since I met you but anyone who has seen you fight can easily find holes in your defense and make you pay for them. Vary your attacks, find new combination, and think of that bokken of yours as part of you and not some tool." He back flipped off the bokken and moved towards Akane who had watched part of the match.

Kuno blinked at Ranma. He hated that look as his first kendo teacher had used it on him so many times. He vaguely remembered his teacher saying something like that before he had fired him, and wondered if he should have listened. He heard an icy feminine voice call his name and wondered how much trouble his sparring match just got him into. "Hello, my Goddess of Yen, did you enjoy watching me spar with Saotome?" He gulped as Nabiki narrowed her eyes, lots of trouble.

Ranma was surprised to see Akane staring daggers at him. "What's wrong?"

"How... how dare you do that?" she seethed.

Ranma blinked in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Spar with Kuno. You won't spar with me and yet you spar with him and you took him seriously!" Akane retorted.

"Come on, Akane, I can't spar with you considering, you know." Ranma wave his hand towards her mid-region.

"How about BEFORE that? You've NEVER taken me seriously in any sparring match! You NEVER explained to me what I'm doing wrong! And you just do that with Kuno of all people. Why not me?!" Akane shook with anger.

"Aw, Akane, every time I tried to tell you, you got all upset. I, ah, well... didn't want to hurt you... I mean, how would it look if I start punching you through walls? Hell, I wasn't anymore serious with Kuno just now than I was with you the last time we really sparred," Ranma defended.

"'You move like a tub,' is not explaining what I'm doing wrong," Akane shot back.
"We're martial artists, damn it. When we spar it's in the dojo, so if they don't know it's practice and nothing serious- it's their fault."

"Calm down. I didn't know it meant that much to you," Ranma countered.

"Calm down? Didn't know?" Akane's fist clenched and unclenched several times. She turned around and yelled, "You're sleeping on the roof tonight!" She stomped off.

Ranma looked like someone just deballed him. "Akane, wait. I'm sorry, really I am. I'll make it up to you. Please stop...." He chased after the girl as she ran into the school.

"Honeymoon is over," Daisuke observed.

"Ouch. I thought Dad had it bad when Mom makes him sleep in the closet." Hiroshi shuddered.

"At least the weather isn't too bad," Daisuke commented.

Hiroshi shook his head. "Cold front moves in tonight. It's going to rain."

"You're right, ouch. Ranma better make up with Akane soon then." Daisuke walked with his friend back into the school.

Godai hadn't been too far away from them. His mouth hung loosely and he hadn't stopped blinking since Akane's declaration. "Sleep on the roof? Honeymoon... over?" He asked aloud. "They're married?!"

-----------------------------

Gosunkugi screamed while running down the street.

Daisuke looked up from what he was doing. "What's up, voodoo?"

Gosunkugi stopped and looked at him with frightened eyes. "Hide me!"

Daisuke blinked. "Why?"

"Kodachi's after me for a 'third date.'" Gosunkugi shuddered.

Daisuke raised an eyebrown. "So why do you want to hide from her?"

"She is insane. And she won't take 'no' for an answer," Gosunkugi explained.

"That's a problem?" Daisuke wondered.

"Just hide me, PLEASE!" Gosunkugi pleaded.

"Sure, if I can borrow your hammer and some nails." Daisuke blinked as they were thrust into his hand. He went to the alley and pointed at a door. "You can hide in there. If Dad says anything, tell him I let you stay there for a little bit. And don't touch anything."

Gosunkugi nodded and entered the backroom of Daisuke's father's store, an electronic rental outlet. He started to salivate at the geek's paradise he found himself in.

Daisuke smiled. With these he could finish his project, and he did that just as someone jumped in front of him.

"Tell me, do you know where my lovely Gos-chan is at?" Kodachi asked.

Daisuke shuddered slightly at the idea of Gosunkugi with her and with a bit of desire for what lay behind the leotard that she was wearing. "Um, ah, haven't seen him."

Kodachi sagged a little and turned to leave but noticed something. The sidewalk she was on felt loose and its movement effected a rope next to her. She blinked as the rope was attached to a pulley that had a pretty good work ratio as the minute movement she caused on one end caused the other end of the rope to switch on a fan. The fan blew a toy sailboat across a birdbath. She stared in fascination as the boat had a needle attached to the front of it and it speared a chicken when it ended its half-meter journey. The chicken jumped in fright and laid an egg. The egg drops off to the side and broke onto a skillet with a shallow tilt. The skillet cooked the egg as it slid across. When the egg fell out of the other end, it landed onto a plate. Next to the plate was a sign saying 'free food,' which a panda came by and took both the egg and the plate. Removing the plate cause the seesaw it was on to lift. When the other end reached the ground it hit a pair of scissors that were force shut, which cut a string. The string held the counter weight in place for a net. A net that scoped up Kodachi in one fell swoop.

"It worked! It worked!" Daisuke cheered. "Now to lure Shampoo into that."

Kodachi looked ready to kill. "Get me down from here. NOW!"

Daisuke took one look at her, and saw immense pain coming; so he ran.

Kodachi continued to swing in the net. She pulled a knife out of somewhere and started cutting the net. "The nerve of him. To set such a wondrous trap and he wants to use that on that trollop. I didn't think anyone was smart enough to make anything like this and he wants her. Maybe I should convince him that I would make a better consort."

-----------------------------

Akane laid in bed, awake. She wanted to let Ranma inside, but she had punished him in front of the school so he had to go through with it. She was not about to let up on this, as what he did was wrong, it had hurt her, and it would look like she'd be willing to let him get away with anything. Besides, maybe he would start treating her seriously and actually tried to teach her the next time they sparred now.

Akane sighed, wondering how was she going to get to sleep. She hadn't slept alone since the wedding and had gotten use to Ranma's presence. Well, if it started to rain, she would let Ranma back in.

Akane snored peacefully as it began to pour outside.

-----------------------------

Ranma shivered while covering herself with a heavy blanket. She wondered why Akane insisted she still had to take this 'punishment,' since Akane had calmed down considerably later but wouldn't relent that she had to sleep here. At least her wife didn't say anything about using some of Ryoga's stuff to keep the rain off and to keep warm.