Romance Fan Fiction ❯ complicated circumstances ❯ first meeting ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Complicated Circumstances
Chapter One:
 
I walked down the hallway, sighing. Were they alive, I would've been shredded if I actually crawled back home with news of my B in math. Needless to say, my parents hadn't taken too well with anything lower than an A- back then. Papers, textbooks, and folders went flying all over as something soft slammed into me. I was about to voice my complain when I heard a frantic voice apologize and locked eyes with widened eyes so light of a color blue that they put the sky to shame, the first time I had seen such a pure eye color on anyone. She (?) seemed fearful, a doe caught in the headlights, as she was sent into a panic induced frenzy of furiously gathering the fallen articles.
 
“Is this yours?” I asked, the tips of my fingers barely grazing a clearly well cared for composition notebook, and was instantly snatched out of my way, held tightly against her chest. Almost inaudibly, she whispered an apology, running down the hall, and leaving me to wonder what just happened. I shook it off, deciding she was just another girl, just another girl in a school in the middle of a small town, but she seemed familiar, and her wide, washy eyes were imprinted in my mind.