Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Back To The Start ❯ Meeting Of A New Friend ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Back To The Start
 
Chapter 9: Meeting Of A New Friend
 
The Kenshin-gumi turned to see a young girl falling and the food almost shattering on the floor, but Kenshin jumped in and caught it in midair just in time, getting a few drops on himself and burning him, but other than that, no one was hurt. If he hadn't caught it, they all would have been soaked and scaled. Especially the young waitress
 
“Kenshin! Are you ok?!” Kaoru cried, jumping up from her seat, worriedly touching his arm. At first Kana was worried too but then got annoyed with Kenshin and Kaoru's closeness.
 
“Kaoru-dono, this one is fine,” Kenshin answered.
 
`Kaoru-dono? Doesn't he realize that I'm worried too? He didn't give the rest of us a single damn thought! Geez!'
 
“Jealous?” Megumi whispered. Kana only glared at her.
 
“Did any of it hit you?” Kaoru asked, a little calmer, but her eyes dared him to lie to her.
 
“A few drops,” Kenshin confessed, showing her his arm.
 
“Are you ok?”
 
“This one is fine. But are you alright, Miss?” Kenshin asked the young waitress.
 
“Hai, thank you for asking, sir, I'm fine. Thanks to you,” the young girl answered in a small voice, giving a shy but gracious bow. “It's my 1st day,” the girl confessed to everyone.
 
“Oh, well, good luck, your 1st day isn't easy. But, it'll get much simpler everyday. I remember my 1st day; I was a wreck!” Tsubame said sympathetically. Everyone turned to look at Tsubame in surprise; she didn't normally speak out like this. Tsubame only blushed at the attention.
 
“Thank you. That really helps, I'm glad for some support,” the young waitress replied graciously.
 
“What's your name?” Tsubame probed once more. Everyone continued to stare at Tsubame in shock, who only ignored all of them.
 
“My name is Sohma Kisa. It is a pleasure to meet you all,” Kisa responded, bowing respectfully.
 
“Kisa-chan, where are your parents?” Kaoru asked worriedly.
 
“They died. I'm just here with my nii-chan,” Kisa told them. “We are looking for work to support our home. Just the 2 of us.”
 
“How old are you Kisa-dono?” Kenshin asked her, eyebrows knitting together in worry.
 
“I'm 12 years old.”
 
“Oh my, such a young age to have to help support yourself and your nii-san,” Misao commented.
 
“Oh, nii-chan covers most of the expenses. I'm just glad to be of some help,” Kisa explained.
 
“Are you getting along alright?” Kenshin asked, thinking back to when his parents both died of cholera.
 
“Hai, nii-chan makes sure that our necessities are always well covered.”
 
“Oh, good,” Kenshin responded.
 
“Could we eat now?” Sanosuke groaned.
 
“Hai!” Everyone shouted at him in irritation of his interruption.
 
“Kisa-chan would you like to join us?” Megumi asked Kisa warmly.
 
“I would love to, but I should earn my salary.”
 
“Hai, hai, of course you should. We'll see you around then,” Megumi said kindly.
 
“Alright. Would you all like to meet my nii-chan sometime?” Kisa questioned eagerly.
 
“We would love to Kisa-chan,” Kaoru answered.
 
“Great! I'll introduce you all sometime!” Kisa cried joyfully. After Kisa left, everyone began chatting and eating.
 
“Kisa is such a sweet girl. It's so nice she cares so much for her 2-person family's welfare so much. That girl has a lot of spirit!” Megumi commented.
 
“Hai, too bad we forgot to introduce ourselves to her,” Misao said shaking her head.
 
“Oh, that's right! We completely forgot that!” Kaoru cried. When they finished eating, Kisa came over again to collect their dishes and everyone took the time to introduce themselves to her.
 
When they got home, Megumi pulled Kana aside telling her, “Kana, in case you haven't yet realized, Kaoru and Kenshin are dating whether you like it or not. They love each other. Don't ruin their relationship. They are happy together. Don't you dare wreck this for them.”
 
With that, all of Kana's hopes of being with Kenshin were dashed. She wanted to be with him! Why did he have to fall in love with Kaoru? Curse her! `I'm going to do something about this, regardless what Megumi says!' Kana thought with wicked thought swirling in her brain.
 
Author's Notes: Well, so sorry I took a while with this. I just haven't found the time to type! New OC's are showing up now, so that will complicate the plot a little. If anyone's read Fruits Basket, you can probably guess where my OC names came from for this fic. Kana, Kisa, and my nest OC, Kisa's brother, will be a name from Fruits Basket too. Hope you still want to continue reading my fic. Till next time, ja ne!