Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Back To The Start ❯ Kisa's Caring Brother, Sohma Hatori ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Back To The Start
 
Chapter 11: Kisa's Caring Brother, Sohma Hatori
 
“Well then, let's go!” Tae cried. “Oh, and trust me, he is cute! It'll be nice to see him again!”
 
“Tae!” The women all shouted.
 
“What? I'm just saying! Also, he's very caring; he seemed quite worried to leave Kisa-chan all alone during the day. He visibly relaxed when I told him he was leaving his sister in capable hands,” Tae said, beaming.
 
“Well, shall we go then?” Megumi asked her circle of close friends.
 
“Hai. Let's go. I hope Kisa-chan doesn't mind,” Kaoru said.
 
“Oh, you won't have to worry about that, Kaoru-chan! Kisa-chan is very proud of her brother. She wanted me to meet him in the middle of her 1st day! She will introduce anyone to her brother, at any time!” Tae informed everyone, seeming amused.
 
“Well, then, what are we waiting for? Let's go!” Megumi said. From there, the group left for the Akabeko and arrived to see Kisa standing there, waiting for someone.
 
“Kisa-chan! What are you doing out here?” Tae asked Kisa quizzically.
 
“Tae-san! Oh, I was just waiting for you. A man was looking for you,” Kisa responded.
 
“Ok, I'll go see him now then. Is he inside?”
 
“Hai, I told him you would be back shortly a couple minutes ago.”
 
“Alright. Oh, and they all would like to meet your brother, Kisa-chan.,” Tae told Kisa, gesturing toward the Kenshin-gumi.
 
“Oh! That would be great! My brother works not far from here, so let's go now!” Kisa cried out, her eyes shining brightly.
 
“Work? Well, Kisa-dono, shouldn't we wait until he gets out then?” Kenshin asked the young girl, puzzled.
 
“Oh, well, I want you all to meet him, now. He said to bring any new friends to meet him whenever I wanted!” Kisa chimed brightly.
 
“If that's what you want Kisa-chan, then alright,” Misao said.
 
“Great! Let's go!” Kisa cried.
 
The entire group set out to meet this Sohma Hatori. It turned out Hatori worked as an instructor for a dojo. They all waited patiently for him to finish. Hatori was a dark-haired, muscular, and tall, strict instructor, but he was really a very kind and caring person. When Hatori spotted Kisa, he waved and gave the students the rest of the day off. They were almost done anyway.
 
“Hey, Kisa,” Hatori said, stooping down to give his little sister a kiss on the cheek.
 
“Hi, nii-chan!” Kisa said brightly. “I brought over a couple of friends!” Kisa gestured toward the Kenshin-gumi.
 
“Hello, everyone,” Hatori greeted with a smile. The Kenshin-gumi smiled back in return.
 
“Nii-chan, this is Himura Kenshin-san.”
 
“Hello, Hatori. Pleased to meet you.” Kenshin said, bowing slightly and gave his trademark rurouni smile.
 
“Pleasure, Kenshin,” Hatori answered with a bow and smile of his own.
 
“…this is Kamiya Kaoru-san.”
 
“Hi, Hatori-san. It's nice to finally meet you.”
 
“You as well, Kaoru-san,” Hatori murmured, and scanned the crowd, only to let his gaze fall on one woman. Her wavy brown hair was cascading down her back gracefully, and her jade green eyes were gazing at… Kenshin. With a sad longing. Her sky blue kimono fluttered in the gentle breeze. This woman had Hatori mesmerized. Hatori turned his gaze upon Kenshin and saw him standing quietly next to Kaoru. Hatori could tell that he loved her. Kenshin gazed at Kaoru with such love, as if she were his world. And…
 
Hatori's thoughts were interrupted by his sister's voice saying, “Nii-chan. Nii-chan? Nii-chan, this is Sagara Sanosuke-san.”
 
“Hey, what's up,” Sano responded, a fish bone dangling from his mouth.
 
“Hello, Sanosuke,” Hatori answered robotically.
 
“And, these are: Takani Megumi-san, Myojin Yahiko-san, Sanjou Tsubame-san, Shinomori Aoshi-san, Makimachi Misao-san, and…”
 
`Hurry and get to the brown-haired lady already, Kisa!' Hatori thought in annoyance.
 
“…Komichi Kana-san,” Kisa finished. Hatori nodded at each person as their name was mentioned, but when Kisa got to Kana, Hatori bowed deeply, saying, “It is truly a pleasure to meet you, Kana-san.” Never allowing his gaze to leave her face.
 
“You as well, Hatori-san,” Kana responded, smiling softly at him. Although she smiled genuinely, her eyes held no affection for him. Only Kenshin. Only Kenshin. Hatori sighed mentally in disappointment.
 
“Nii-chan, I'm feeling tired. Might I go home?” Kisa asked her brother hopefully.
 
“Oh, Kisa, you're not ill, are you?” Hatori asked worriedly, his eyebrows drawing together in worry for his little sister. His sister was all her had. She was his world. He couldn't lose her. Worry for Kisa chased his thoughts of all else away from Hatori's mind.
 
`What a caring brother,' the crowd thought admirably.
 
Author's Notes: Well, here's my 11th chapter. What do you all think? Leave me your opinions in reviews, or email me if you'd like. I'd like to know what you all think. Last chapter I mentioned that another one of my OC's would be showing up with a name from Fruits Basket, well here he is, Sohma Hatori. What do you guys think of him? Well, I'll update as much as I can, so bye for now.