Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Life Sucks ❯ The Mysterious Shadow ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Rurouni Kenshin, and if my story is somehow related to real life, it's of total coincidence.
 
Airi: On with the fic! I wonder how come no one has given me a review yet? Weird… Am I not good enough? T-T
 
Kenshin: Sessha thinks Airi is not bad, that he does. But maybe… Shessa thinks that Airi is a bit insane, that he does.
 
Airi: *Looks stricken, then she laughs* Ooooh… you're so cute like that… *whispers* I am NOT insane! *Airi screams out the `not' part.*
 
Kenshin: *Goes swirly eyed* Oro… Sessha thinks we should go into fanfic now, that he does…
 
 
Setting: It's a lovely Monday morning, probably around 11: 30 A.M. The light shines on your face in a narrow street in Saporro. (Er… your hometown…)
 
Man: “Leave her alone. That's enough out of you Ryajutta.”
 
You look up towards the voice. You expected to see a face; instead you saw a massive, looming shadow. The shadow spoke again. “Put down that knife Ryajutta, or else.” Shadow glared at the guy with the knife. To Flannel-Boy, he just simply said, “Hurting a little girl? You have more dignity than that…” the shadow slapped the boy in the flannel. When the boy finally looked up, you saw that his nose and his lip was bleeding.
 
The shadow grabbed you by your arm, and pulled you to his face. You could smell his breath. It was not pleasant. His breath smelled like a mixture of cigarettes, whiskey, and just a hint of what he had for breakfast. A crepe. Your stomach rumbled. You stole a glance at the hot dog you took. As he pulled you up, you can now see his clothing, but still, you can't see his face. You look closely, and saw that he had a small pin on his jacket, which was slung over his shoulder. You took a look at that pin and nearly passed out. That pin, as insignificant as it may look, actually symbolized that he was the leader of the Yakuza. (Yakuza: A whole organization of gangsters in Japan.)
 
“Hey girl, what's your name?” The head Yakuza shook you violently. You struggled for release, and at the same time, refusing to tell him your name. That was a huge mistake. “Hey girl, I asked for your name!” The head Yakuza threw you to the ground, and took out some money. You saw the money. Fifty grand. Five oh oh oh oh. You ran for the money. As your hand clasped around the bills, the Yakuza guy jabbed you in the stomach with his knee. The next thing you knew, you were writhering on the ground, dripping with blood, and pain seared all over your body. Then, you blacked out.
 
 
Setting: It's Tuesday, and you're in the headquarters of the Yakuza. It's raining outside, and you're dreaming about the harsh, and terrible night when you got thrown out.
 
You were chasing after your father. `No, please Daddy, I'll change, please don't chuck me out! Please! I need you!' Your father just shook his head and walked away. You looked around at your mother. She was drunk. Again. Your mother was a drunk, and your dad went bankrupt, because he was too easy to manipulate. You shook your mother. `Please Momma, please… wake up!' You cried. Huge, fat tears spilled down your cheeks. Moments later, you dad came out of your room and threw you a bag of stuff. `Keep this.' He had said. `You'll need it.' He took your mother and threw her in the car. You had overheard that she was going to a loony bin.
 
`Please, Daddy…' You choked out as he got into the car. When he sped away, you chased after him, but you tripped. `Dad… NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!'
 
“Dad… NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” You woke up, with tears in your eyes. What the hell? You wiped away your tears and looked around. Heh. I get it, I took a knee to my stomach… this is probably the Yakuza headquarters. Your eyes finally settled on a table in front of you. The table was filled from the top and bottom… with food… “Food!” You happily exclaimed as you began to wolf down the food. As you were eating, the head Yakuza came in.
 
You stared up at him with an intense amount of hatred, but he just looked at you calmly, and repeated his question from last night. “What's your name?” You took one huge swallow and snapped, “Why does my name concern you?” You have just made the same mistake as last night. You and your big mouth. Head Yakuza smacked you two times on each cheek. You felt your face burn, as you placed a shaky hand on your face. It was bleeding. “Look here, kid. You don't have to answer my questions, just be respectful.” You were pissed that he slapped you, so you retorted, “Why do you care about respect? You kill people, how is that respect?” The big man was about to slap you again, when a red haired boy who looked about 15, in a white t-shirt and jeans stepped in the office.
 
“Mr. Fujikawa, calm yourself down. Please, do not hurt the girl anymore.” The boy said in a clam voice, almost like Fujikawa's. But there was something different about that voice. It was kind. “Hmph… little bitch. Kenshin, get the car, we're going to the cops.” Fujikawa grabbed you again, but you shook loose. “Huh! You think I'd be afraid of jail? At least there's food there! Don't threaten me with paradise!” Fujikawa slapped you again. “Kenshin, take this bitch to the showers. Have her at least clean up before we take her to the cops.” He said to the boy.
 
 
Airi: Um… this is it for today… >.>;; Nobody reviewed… T-T
 
Kenshin: Sessha thinks that he will run away now, before Airi blows, that he does. *Takes cover behind a couch.*
 
Airi: *Explodes* I WANT REVIEWS!!!!!!!! (Please!)
 
Kenshin: Good night!!! *Ducks again*