Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ The Bet ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I DO NOT own Rurouni Kenshin. I never have and I never will (it would be funny though if I eventually did, but I highly doubt that would happen. Oh well, I can dream right ()

Note: I realized that when you replaced it doesn't show up in the beginning of the listings so after I write this chapter I'll try and get chapter 3 out a.s.a.p. so everyone can read the new version of this story. Ok on with chapter 2!!!

The Bet Redone

Chapter 2

The Beginning

The rest of Kaoru's day passed by quickly. She sat in her last class and was happy when the bell rang signaling the end of the day. Kaoru exited and met up with Tae and Misao at her locker. They both waited for her as she put her books away and grabbed whatever homework she had. When she shut her locker they turned and started to exit the school.

"Kaoru you have to help me. She hasn't stopped talking about Aoshi all day and I've had her with me for three hours straight!!!" Tae exclaimer.

"Aoshi-sama is the greatest. He's so cool," Misao said dreamily.

Kaoru just smiled at her friend it was then she remembered something that she had to do.

"Oh shoot. I forgot that I have some errands I need to do. I'm sorry I can't walk with you," Kaoru stated.

"That's ok. We understand Kaoru. We'll see you tomorrow," Misao said.

"Wow, she finally stopped talking about Aoshi," Tae stated happily.

"Hey, what does that mean?!?" Misao exclaimed as the two began to get into a fight.

Kaoru just laughed at them. When they finally stopped fighting they both said goodbye to Kaoru. Kaoru waved goodbye to them and then continued on her way to the store.

Nightfall had come by the time Kaoru walked out of the market.

"I didn't realize that it had gotten so late already," Kaoru said as she walked down the street, "Megumi's going to bad about dinner being late again."

Kaoru sighed as she turned the corner. She bumped into someone and fell to the ground.

"Ow! That hurt!" Kaoru complained as she rubbed her lower back.

"Watch where you're going!" the person she bumped into.

Kaoru looked up at the person. Angry was rising in her.

"Why don't you watch where you're going as well. It takes two people who are not paying attention to bump into each other you jerk!!" Kaoru explained as she stood up and picked her bag of groceries off the ground.

The man just stared at her.

'So she's the one. Man, this might be a little harder than I thought,' the man thought to himself.

Kaoru stared at the man. It was after a couple of minutes that she noticed the young man's uniform.

"Hey, you go to Jupon High School?" Kaoru asked.

"Yeah, so do you. I can tell by your uniform. What's your name?" the boy asked.

"I'm Kaoru Kamiya. Who are you?" Kaoru answered.

"I'm not telling. I'll let you guess," the boy said, "See you later Kaoru-dono."

With that he turned around and walked away with a slight wave.

"Hey!!! Come back here!!" Kaoru yelled, but the boy was already out of hearing range, "Geez, what jerk!"

Kaoru turned and headed off in the opposite direction then the boy. She arrived home about thirty minutes later. As she guessed Megumi and even her younger brother Yahiko were mad at her for being late.

"I'm hungry! What took you so long you raccoon?" Yahiko yelled at his older sister.

"Shut up! It's not my fault that people don't watch where they're walking!" Kaoru yelled and stormed off into the kitchen.

Megumi was waiting in the kitchen for Kaoru to bring home food so she could cook it.

"What took you so long?" Megumi asked impatiently.

"It doesn't matter. Here," Kaoru said as she handed Megumi the food she had bought, "make some dinner. I'll be in the dojo. Get me when the food is ready."

Kaoru stomped off. She went into her room and changed into her training clothes. She walked out of her room and went to the dojo. It was dark in the dojo from lack of light. They had no electricity in the dojo. It cost too much money. So the only way to light the room up was to burn come candles or light some lanterns. Kaoru walked over to two lanterns and lit them. She then walked over to where the wooden swords were stored. She grabbed hers and then walked out into the middle of the room. She began to train. She swung the sword at her invisible opponent. Her father was the master of the style of swordsmanship that she used. The Kamiya Kasshin Ryu was a form of swordsmanship that was used to protect people. Her father had started teaching the style to her when she was very young. She had never really known her mother, she had died when Kaoru was only three. So her father had raised her. That is until about two years ago. When Kaoru was about 13 her father was murdered. Since then she had been living with her younger brother at the dojo. Dr. Gensai, the family's doctor, watched over the two until Kaoru was about 14. It was then that Kaoru met Megumi. Megumi moved in with Kaoru and Yahiko about a year ago. Megumi was in her early twenties now so she was able to cook for the two. Kaoru completed her final blow to her unseen enemy. She stopped and was panting from practicing. It was then she heard Yahiko.

"Hey Sis!! Dinner's ready!" the young boy yelled out.

Kaoru wiped the sweat from her forehead as she walked over and put the sword back where it belonged. She then blew out the lanterns. She quickly changed into something more comfortable and then joined Yahiko and Megumi at the table. She noticed that Yahiko was already digging in. He was cramming food down his throat.

"Yahiko are you even tasting that?" Kaoru asked as she sat down and filled her plate.

"Yef ifs gret! Bery tasi!" the boy answered as he continued to stuff food in his mouth.

Kaoru ate her meal and then excused herself. She went into her room and began working on her homework. It was about midnight when she finished. She changed into her pajamas and climbed under the covers on her bed. She fell asleep quickly wondering who the boy was. For some reason she felt like she knew him.

::::::::::::

Author's Note: I know this chapter was kind of short and boring, but the next chapter Kaoru figures out who the boy is so it will be more exciting. Anyway, I'm off to write the next chapter so the fic will be shown in the beginning of the listing again so more people will see it. PLEASE READ AND REVIEW!! THANK YOU!