Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ When Dreams Become Reality ❯ The New Stranger ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I DO NOT own Rurouni Kenshin!!

Note: I only got a few responses about this fanfic, but I decided to finish it anyway. It's most likely only going to be 3 chapters. Anyway, again SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING! I've been so busy and I've been facing the evil thing known as writers' block. I'm giving this a try without really knowing what I'm going to type so hopefully stuff will just pop up as I write. ^.^;

P.S. Sorry for the spelling and grammer errors. The place we got this computer gave us Microsoft Word, but we didn't notice until it was too late that it was only a 30-day trial version. (I was so mad about this and Mircosoft wants $150 for a stupid code so we can continue using it, when we already paid for it!) Anyway, enough of my issues and on with the story!

Review of the last chapter:
Kaoru stepped back in fright as the images from last night came flooding back. The man's eyes and that smirk on his face.
'Oh my god! No! This can't be happening!' Kaoru thought to herself.
Noticing that something was wrong, Kenshin walked over to Kaoru and the visitor.
"Kaoru-dono what's wrong?" Kenshin asked with concern as he looked at Kaoru fright stricken face.
"It's... it's... him," Kaoru quietly stuttered.
"Who?" Kenshin questioned worriedly at Kaoru's pale face.
"It's the man from my dream. The one... the one... who... who killed me," Kaoru whispered frightfully just loud enough for Kenshin to hear.


When Dreams Become Reality
Chapter 2
The New Stranger

Kenshin just looked at Kaoru for a second to make sure this wasn't some ill minded joke. However, judging from Kaoru's reaction, Kenshin was sure that something wasn't right. Kaoru looked utterly terrified. Kenshin took hold of Kaoru's hand in an attempt to calm her down and confort her. He then faced the door way and the man that had caused Kaoru's face to turn deathly pale.

"Can I help you?" Kenshin asked the large man.

"I hope so. I'm looking for the Kamiya dojo. I was hoping to join the dojo so I can have a way to defend myself and my family from unwanted attacks," the man replied.

Kenshin didn't respond as he attempt to chack the guy's fighting aura to make sure this wasn't some trick. However, Kenshin failed to find any dangerous aura around the man. The only thing that made him seem threatening was his appearance. He was quite large in size. However, his size was merely bulk and not fat. He had an unrurely mop of black hair and green eyes. He was a good couple of feet taller than Kenshin. He carried nothing more than a small sack, which held a sword which Kenshin assumed was a defense weapon for it was somewhat small in size. His face was quite rouch like the kind of man that worked hard and had his scars as proof.

"This is the Kamiya dojo. I'm sorry for our rude welcoming, that I am," Kenshin responded as he placed a small smile on his face.

"It's no problem. People usually react poorly to me because of my size. They instantly assume I'm some kind of assassin," the man replied as he slightly sratched the back of his head, "By the way, I'm Tetsuya Fuma."

"I'm Kenshin Himura and this is the assistant master of the Kamiya style of swordsmanship, Kaoru Kamiya," Kenshin stated.

Kaoru had managed to compose herself by that time and bowed slightly as Tetsuya did in return.

"Please take care of me sensei," Tetsuya said.

Kaoru nodded before asking, "Do you have a place to stay?"

Tetsuya shook his head.

"Then please stay with us for a while," Kenshin replied before Kaoru could say anything. He would have to talk to her later.

"Thank you very much," Tetsuya repsonded.

"I'll show you to a spare room so you can rest after your long journey. Kaoru-dono will you please meet me in the kitchen to help me prepare some tea and lunch," Kenshin said with a smile.

With that said, Kenshin led Tetsuya into the dojo and to a spare room far apart from the rest of the occupants of the dojo. It was the only way he could think of in order to make Kaoru feel a little better. Once Kenshin was sure that Tetsuya was settled and would not be leaving his room for quite a while, Kenshin went to join Kaoru in the kitchen. Before he even got there, he could feel the waves of Kaoru's anger rolling off her and through the walls. He cautiously made his way into the kitchen.

"What the hell was that about Kenshin?" Kaoru asked before he had the chance to utter a single sound.

"Your the one that's in need of students Kaoru-dono. I thought you'd be thrilled," Kenshin replied without much emotion as he took a seat at the table.

"It's true that I need students, but what about my dream Kenshin. There's in doubt in my mind that it was him that I saw last night," Kaoru replied hysterically.

"I trust what you say Kaoru-dono. However, I didn't sense any dangerous aura around him. It's possible that you saw him in your dream because he was showing up today, but I think somehow your fears acted out the worst possible scenero," Kenshin stated as he poured himself a cup of tea and took a sip.

"That may true Kenshin, but I still can't shake this wary feeling," Kaoru said as she hugged herself.

"I can tell that this is bothering you quite a bit, Kaoru-dono. So if it will help I will keep a close eye on him for a while to make sure this intentions are pure," Kenshin responded, "I promise nothing will happen and if anything should I'll protect you."

Kaoru blushed slightly at his last comment, but managed to nod in approve.

~:~

Later, Kaoru proceeded to teach Tetsuya. Yahiko helped out in order to get some practice. The lessons went over well and in no time Tetsuya had caught on and was going quite well. Kaoru brooded as she observed her pupil succeed. However, the nightmare tugged at her mind. No matter how hard she tried to convince herself that everything was all right, deep down something still felt wrong.


~:~

Weeks passed and nothing happened. Kaoru never had the nightmare again and Tetsuya proved to be a very helpful and good person. Gradually, Kaoru forgot about her nightmare and classified it as a fluke. Kenshin was happy about Kaoru's happier aura. It was dusk when Kaoru went in search of Yahiko in order to yell at him for forgetting to do his chores.

"Hey, Kenshin do you know where Yahiko is? The brat hasn't done his chores for today!" Kaoru stated as she walked over to Kenshin who was taking down the last of the clothes from the clothsline.

"He went into town with Sano to spend some time with Megumi. They won't be home till way later or possibly even tomorrow," Kenshin replied as he folded the last sheet.

Kaoru fumed with anger.

"It's not fair! I want to go out too, but I have to take care of the dojo," Kaoru replied slightly depressed.

Kenshin just smiled at her reaction.

"Kaoru-dono, I'm going to go into town to buy some stuff so I can make dinner," Kenshin stated as he set the basket down in the hallway and started to head for the door, "I'll be back shortly."

"Okay, be careful," Kaoru said before Kenshin left the dojo.

Kaoru went to the walkway to the dojo and sat down to stare at the stars as they came out. It was autumn so night was coming much sooner and Kaoru hated it, at least most of the time. It was so quiet and Kaoru closed her eyes to bask in the silence which calmed her. She slowly opened her eyes when she heard footsteps coming toward her.

"Kenshin is that you? What are you making for dinner?" Kaoru asked as she opened her eyes all the way and turned her head in the direction of the footsteps.

However, she froze in fear at the sight. It was Kenshin that was coming toward her. It was Tetsuya. However, this isn't what terrified Kaoru. The thing that made Kaoru's heart fall into her stomach was his eyes. They were no longer the kind green eyes she had come to know. His eyes were a bright gold and they were staring intently and dangerously at her.

"Tetsuya, what is it?" Kaoru asked, trying to keep the quivering out of her voice.

"Kaoru I appreicate your teaching for the last couple of weeks. However, I must admit they were quite boring and it was very hard to hide my skills and fighter's aura especially from that samurai, but we're all alone now," Tetsuya stated with saracasim.

"Wait, then you already knew how to fight, but then why...." Kaoru stopped dead in the middle of her sentence and started to shake as she stood up.

"That's right. You're dream, I still don't know how you managed to foresee my arrival. It must be because of the freak mother of yours," he said slightly annoyed.

"What do you want from me?" Kaoru asked as she took a step back, realizing that, like in her dream, there really was no one around to help her.

"Revenge, sweetheart. Your father dishonored our family when he married that damned witch. It's a good thing he's dead. Less work for me," Tetsuya stated.

The only thought that crossed Kaoru's mind was run, so she did. Without giving it another thought, she turned and ran as fast as she could. She raced back into the dojo. Tetsuya right on her heels. She heard his footsteps as he chased after her. She heard him pull his sword from it's sheath as human instinct kicked in and she ran faster in attempt to save herself. She got into the dojo practice room and raced toward the wooden swords. She grabbed one and quickly whipped around to face her attacker. She could now only see his eyes and the smirk he held on his face.
"Run, run as fast as you can," he began to taunt as he slow made his way toward her.
Kaoru trembled in fear, but she would not show her opponent her fear. She got into stance and then lunged forward to attack him. However, her sword merely flew through air. Before she realized it she was pushed to the side and she collided with the wall, still clutching her wooden sword. Fear raised in Kaoru's chest as she recalled the nightmare as it replayed almost perfectly before her. Her hope began to die as she remembered the ending of her dream and just like then she was on her own with no one around to save her. She held up her wooden sword to protect herself. However, his sword was real and he quickly sliced through her only defense. Kaoru stood there defenseless with her back against the wall. She stared up at the golden, assassin eyes.

"No one can save you now," the man whispered as he pulled his sword back.
~:~:~:~:~:~:~
AUTHOR'S NOTE: CLIFFHANGER!!! Okay, so maybe not. Some of you can probably fathom what already happens. (stares out at readers) But don't spoil it for anyone else! On another note, I know this chapter was kind of short and it probably was not the interesting, but I had to fit the trusting part in there somewhere and it's past midnight right now. Anyway, only one chapter left in this story. So make sure you don't forget to review. Since the story is short I'm hoping (assuming that something doesn't pop up, like loads and loads of homework which teachers like to give a lot of) I can write and upload the last chapter next weekend. If not, I have spring break at the end of March so I'll have time to write it then. Anyway, hope you enjoyed somewhat.
PLEASE READ AND REVIEW! THANK YOU!
Coolgurl (2/19/05)

Converting /tmp/phpPdgraM to /dev/stdout