Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Who would have thought ❯ Alot of Odd things ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
yes. The revised version of Chapter 3. Basically, I’m taking the original storyline, changing a few things and making it better. I’m reading over the original thing right now and I’m appalled at the grammar and mechanics that I used. Well, four years later, my writing has substantially improved so I hope you like it.


Disclaimer: I don’t own Rurouni Kenshin


Odd things happen

Bianca's p.o.v.

"Aaah," I screamed as I saw the time. On the opposite side of the room, Cassi woke up in a daze, but upon seeing the time she started screaming also. Suddenly the door burst open and Aoshi and Sano came in fists, and kodachi armed and ready. Upon seeing nothing in the room, both of them lowered their guard, Sano turning to us.

“Could you two stop the screaming, and what the hell is going on?”

“I’M LATE!!!!” I rushed into the bathroom and bolted the door turning on the water at the same time. I opened back up the door and turned to Cassi who was still sitting down screaming.

“Cass…why are you screaming?”:

“Because we’re late..Oh no..you’re late. I don’t have to work today, and it’s Saturday..So NO SCHOOL..YAY!!!”

Sano: @_@
Aoshi: -_-
Me: +_+…Or sometimes..you never get used to it at all. (refering to the previous chapter)

While I was in the bathroom getting ready, Cassi had taken it upon herself to go back to sleep, with Aoshi and Sano awake and wandering around her home. Suddenly a loud crash echoed through the house, and I heard her scramble out of the bed and through the door. “Oooooh boy…I don’t think leaving the three of them alone is going to be such a good idea.” I noted to myself to hide all of Cass’s knives and other similarly sharp metal objects before I left.. For both her sake, and theirs.

In the kitchen…

“What happened..?” Cassi looked on at the mess the broken bowl had left on her spotless kitchen floor. She looked at the two and saw Sano creeping behind Aoshi.

“Sagara was looking through your cabinets for something to eat and the bowl fell when he was rummaging.” Aoshi explained looking quite bored. He easily side-stepped out of the way to allow Cassi a clear view of Sano.

“YOU,” she said pointing to Sano, “are going to clean this ENTIRE mess up, and then you are going to wait for ME to cook breakfast.” Which is the only thing she could really cook, mind you. “Is that CLEAR?.” Sano didn’t look very intimidated but her view was no longer on him but to his right, where in she was looking with a very sick grin on her face. Sano slowly turned to the right where a rather sharp set of knives were displaced. Turning back to the girl, Sano gulped..

“Crystal.”

I came out of the bathroom to see Cassi making French toast with Aoshi sitting down at the table picking pieces out of the bread, sniffing the syrup, and then finally placing it in his mouth. I turned to see Sano looking longingly at Aoshi’s plate but it would seem that Cass had decided to feed the Oniwaban first. “Oh Bianca, you’re out..Good I have some French toast right here for you.” She carried the plate over to me with the syrup, deliberately going rather slow while she passed Sano, and set it down in front of the seat next to him. She moved the chair so I could sit and eat, then she turned to Sano. “Oh Sanosuke, I didn’t see you there, I’ll just go and make another batch..It might take a while.”

Sano groaned and mashed his head into the table, and I could have sworn I heard diabolical laughter heading from the kitchen. “Is she always like this?” Aoshi had turned to face me, with his question.

“The diabolical laughter thing..yeah..that’s normal but she’s not normally this mean in the morning. Cranky, yeah, but never mean. What did he do?” I pointed a finger at Sano while I stuffed my mouth with French toast.

“I broke some random bowl in the cabinet completely by ACCIDENT, by the way, and she decided to make me SUFFER as punishment. Not that it was enough I had to clean up the mess.” I also knew Sano was a freeloader and that he really loved his food, but a little discipline once in a while couldn’t hurt anyone.

“Well, look at it this way. You worked for your meal.” I said it as a way of making him feel better but I think I made it worse. Somewhere through his muffled cursing the words, “hate working” and “damn ice block” could be heard. I glanced at the time and noticed that it was almost time for me to go to work. Stuffing the rest of the food in my mouth, I gulped down my orange juice and grabbed my keys. I gave Sano a hug and told him to behave, waved at Aoshi and Cassi and left the building. I think I have just made the BIGGEST mistake of my life.

Cassi’s p.o.v.

I sat down at the table and turned to the other two who were eating, and raised an eyebrow at Sano who was shoveling food into his mouth like he hadn’t eaten in days. Suppressing a groan, I turned back to my food and started to it. “Hey Cassi, I was wondering-” He was cut off surprisingly by Aoshi.

“That’s something new.” He rose from the table to put his plate on the counter. I turned back to a seething Sano who surprisingly had a smirk on his face. Something told me that I didn’t like how this was going to end up.

“As I was saying. I was wondering. Why were you and Bianca looking at pictures of Ice Blue Eyes over there. I mean I know I’ve got the body of a god and all, and with my looks, that’s understandable. But Ice Man is just well…-” He stopped as he saw the look on Aoshi’s face. I just sat there appalled at what Sano had said, until my mouth started to work before my brain.

“I’ll have you know, Sanosuke Sagara, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with Aoshi-sama, especially in the looks department and how dare you insult my taste in men. Not only that, his manners are exceptional especially in comparison to your own. Only Kami-above knows how Bianca is attracted to you!!!!”

Aoshi: *_*
Sano: ()_()

I got up from the table but that was before Sano found it in him the ability of speech. “Wait..wait..wait..you mean BIANCA likes ME.” His face was red and flustered, but somehow he managed to catch the biggest mistake I made and cause the rest of the occupants of the room quite a decent amount of embarrassment. “Hold on…and YOU,” he pointed a finger at me accusingly, “like ICE MAN. Oh my god, this is hilarious. You know,” he turned to Aoshi, “isn’t it weird that all the girls that like you are short little hyper, destructive, chicks.” He started laughing again, with both me and god-forbid the end of the world was coming, Aoshi blushing.

“SANO.” Before I could leap for him, the chicken-head was already out of the room, leaving me alone with Aoshi. We looked at each other with his face a dull pink only a fraction of the blazing cherry that had graced my own face. Huffing in embarrassment, I turned to go after Sano grabbing a knife out of the dish drainer before exiting. I didn’t see Aoshi turn to follow me to ensure the safety of the other Japanese man.

When Bianca arrived, she found us in a rather odd position. I was laying down on the couch reading Hamlet aloud to Aoshi, while he was looking at Sanosuke play Legend of Dragoon on the Playstation. I had pulled it out and allowed Sano to do what he wished with it due to the fact that no damage was going to be inflicted onto my PS2. It was quite hilarious watching the spike-headed man try his best to beat even the easiest of villains with Aoshi adding in his intellectual comments causing poor Sano to lose his cool and at the same time lose track of the game.

“Hey,” she entered dropping some stuff on the sofa, “how was your first real day in the future?” Sano immediately paused the game and launched into a rather detail version of this morning’s antics after she had left. However, before he did any real damage, as it wouldn’t have been to healthy for me if Bianca knew that Sano knew that she like him, both Aoshi and I grabbed a pillow from off the couch and bombarded him right in his face.

“Don’t worry about him, Binx, he’s just anxious after today’s events; new technology you know.” I laughed nervously as Bianca eyed me suspiciously. “Really Bianca, one of these days you should try and spend a day with these guys, odd things happen.” Me and my big mouth, tomorrow I had to go to work. Oh joy.