Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Serena's New Found Love ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Goku and everyone came inside slightly soaked when the ran poured down ruining their training session. Vegeta was already inside as he rested on the couch watching WWE wrestling.

The phone rang and Goku went to get it. He picked it up and answered. There was a long pause a as everyone saw the play of emotions cross Goku's face. Goku shakily hung up the phone as tears weld up in his eyes.

"Dad what's wrong?", asked Gohan knowing he wasn't going to like the answer. Goku looked over to his son and whispered.

"There was an accident."

"What?" asked Gohan not understanding what was going on. Goku looked up at his son and let a few tears slip down his cheek.

"Chichi and the girls got into a car accident." said Goku more loudly. Yamcha shot up from the couch and looked at Goku wide-eyed.

"Are they all right? Is Bulma all right?" asked Yamcha as tears well up in his own eyes as well.

"I don't know, they said it was pretty bad.", said Goku.

"Well what are we waiting for? Let's get to the hospital." said Krillin. Everyone who wasn't standing stood to their feet to prepare to leave for the hospital. Vegeta sat in his seat lost in his own thoughts.

'Those thought were true.' thought Vegeta not noticing that someone was calling his name repeatedly. Goku walked over to Vegeta and nudged him slightly. Vegeta looked up startled as he saw Goku hovering over him.

"What Kakarott?" growled Vegeta. Goku sighed not wanting to deal with the Saiyan Prince at the moment.

"Are you coming to the hospital or not?" questioned Goku. Vegeta stood to his feet and rudely pushed past Goku.

"Yeah I'm going." grumbled Vegeta as he walked out the door. Goku was about to follow when he was stopped by Mr. Briefs.

"Goku have you seen my daughter?" asked Mr. Briefs as his wife came up beside him. Goku began to fidget, not knowing how to tell the couple that their daughter was in a car accident.

"Uhh, I, err, well....." mumbled Goku trying to find the right words.

"Well Goku do you know?", asked Mrs. Briefs.

"Bulma was in a car accident." blurted Goku. He mentally kicked himself for being so blunt, but was happy he got it off his chest.

Mrs. Briefs gasped loudly and buried her face into her husbands chest with hot tears coursing down her know flushed cheeks. Mr. Briefs stood stock still trying to comprehend what was said.

"What hospital is she in?" whispered Mr. Briefs after a long period of time.

"General Capsule." said Goku as he turned away from the couple to meet the others outside. (Couldn't think of a better name for a hospital ^_~)

Goku walked out of the building and saw the rest of the group standing over by a tree waiting for him. When he reached them they silently took off and headed straight for the hospital.

As soon as they arrived at the hospital they went for the emergency room and saw a woman sitting at a table. They quickly walked over to the receptionist as the woman was typing away on her computer.

"Excuse me miss, we would like to know how are friends and my wife are doing." said Goku. The woman who looked to be in her late forties turned slowly in her seat to look over the group of males.

"What are their names?" she asked in a tired voice as she fixed her overly thick glasses.

"Chichi, Bulma, Serena and Rini." said Goku while he tapped his fingers impatiently on the desk. The woman looked down at some papers while pushing up her glasses as they slid down to the brim of her nose. She turned back to them after finding what she was looking for.

"They're in surgery right know and won't be out for a while." said the woman. " So you mine as well take a seat in the waiting room.

Goku sighed and walked over to a hard plastic and very uncomfortable seat to sit down in. Gohan came over and plopped down on his father's lap as everyone else went to sit down in a chair excluding Vegeta.

The young Saiyan Prince walked over to a wall, becoming isolated from everyone else. The way he liked it. He leaned himself up against the wall and crossed his arms over his chest. He closed his eyes and waited for the news of the Serena and the girls.

Hours went by as they waited for the news of the girls. Finally a doctor came out from the operating room looking ragged and exhausted. He saw the group and walked over to them considering that they were the only ones there.

"Excuse me." said the doctor as he cleared his throat to gain some attention. Once he got the awaiting attention he wanted he began to speak.

“Are you here for the three women and child that was in a car acident?”asked the doctor.

“Yes we are.” Said Goku with tired eyes.

“Well than, I have some news for you.” Replied the doctor.

“Which is?” questioned Goku.

“Everyone is going to be okay... except one.”, said the doctor. There was a hushed silence as everyone shifted uncomfortably and trying to guess who it is.

“Who is it?” asked Piccolo.

“The one with the blonde hair....um, Serena.” Said the doctor as he looked through his clip board of patients.

“What’s wrong with her?” asked Piccolo as murmurs were going around the room.

“She lost a lot of blood in the accident.” Replied the doctor.

“Then why don’t you give her some more?” asked Goku stating the obvious. The doctor shivered slightly from the looks he was receiving.

“The thing is, is that we ran out of the blood type that she has. We did call for another batch, but it won’t be in until tomorrow. She dosen’t have that much time and if we don’t give her the blood she needs, she will die.” Said the doctor.

“What’s her blood type?” asked Krillin.

“It, um blood type AB” said the doctor. The group looked around at each other and neither one of them had that blood type.

“I have it.”

Everyone turned around and looked at Vegeta who was staring intently at the doctor. Vegeta walked forward and up to the doctor.

“I have blood type AB.” Said Vegeta. The doctor smiled with relief knowing that the girl will be saved.

“Come on sir, follow me.” Said the doctor as he looked towards Vegeta and than to the rest of the group.

“You guys mine as well come to see how the others are doing.” Said the doctor as he left the waiting room and went through the way he entered as everyone else trailed behind him.

Everyone took their turns on seeing Bulma, Chichi and Rini as Vegeta was lead to see Serena. They enetered a room that had white walls.

There were different types of tool and machines and a smail window. To the left was a small bathroom.

Vegeta’s attenton was drawn to Serena and all he could do was stare at the broken girl on the bed. She was covered in bandages from head to toe and had several cast for broken bones. As he walked closer he saw her face which was covered with bruises and cuts.

Vegeta unconciously lifted a hand and caressed Serena’s face lightly. He than ran his well calloused fingers into her long soft hair. He was interrupted as he felt a light tap on his shoulder by the doctor.

“You can sit right here.” Said the doctor as he set out a chair for Vegeta next to Serena’s bed. Once Vegeta was seated the doctor put a needle in his arm that was connected to long thin tube. At the other end of the tube was another needle that was put into Serena's arm causing Vegeta's blood to transfer into her body.

The doctor checked over Serena one more time and than left the room. Vegeta sat and stared at Serena's bruised form. He looked at all the machines she was hooked up to that sustained her life.

He listened to the monitor that held her heart beat and looked around the room until his gaze landed on Serena yet again.

'She looks so small.' thought Vegeta as he slipped one of his large hands into one of her small and clammy ones. He held onto her hand tightly and stared at her for a while. He was startled when he felt Serena's hand tighten around his as well.

He looked down at the hand then looked up to see Serena's eyes fluttering. Soon her eyes opened halfway to show her dark blue colored ones. Serena closed her eyes again and than after a minute or so she fully opened them.

She felt really tired as the memory of the accident hit her full force. Thoughts started to race through her mind like where's her daughter and was everyone okay. She groaned slightly as she felt like she was being watched.

Soon she noticed that she was holding something in her hand. She lightly squeezed upon it, but couldn't figure out what it was. Serena forcefully looked up to stare into onyx black colored eyes that held a hint of worry which vanished quite quickly.

She stared at the eyes for a moment getting a sense that she seen them before. She looked down to the person's nose and down to the lips. Than she went back up and looked at the hair. Her eyes widened slightly as she automatically knew who that person was.

"Vegeta." whispered Serena watching Vegeta nod his head yes.

"Is everyone okay? Where's Rini, is she okay?, How come your here and....." asked Serena before she was stopped by Vegeta placing a finger over her lips to hush her.

"Shh! everyone is okay, especially Rini. I'm here because you lost a lot of blood and needed more quickly, so I'm giving you some of mine." said Vegeta as he slowly took away his hand from her lips. Serena opened her mouth to speak again, but Vegeta beat her to it.

"Don't speak you need rest." said Vegeta not leaving any room for argument. Unbeknowst to them Goku stood in the hallway watching the two quietly.

Serena pouted slightly, but didn't say a word. She sighed slightly and looked around the room for a bit. She was startled when she felt Vegeta lightly squeeze her hand and run his other through her hair soothingly.

Although she was confused to the movement she didn't mind the feeling. Serena fell into an exhausted sleep as Vegeta continued his strokes. The same doctor entered the room after a few minutes.

"Sir we can take out the needle." said the doctor as he motioned to Vegeta's arm. Vegeta nodded his head and let the doctor take the needle from his and Serena's arm.

The doctor looked back towards Vegeta and Serena and noticed Vegeta holding Serena's hand and running his fingers through her hair. The doctor smiled assuming that they were in a relationship of some sort.

"So you going to stay?" questioned the doctor.

"Yes" said Vegeta as the doctor turned around and left the two alone. Goku left from his little hiding spot grinning from ear to ear.

'Looks like those two are getting close.' thought Goku as he began to think of Trunks who gave him medicine from the future.

'Soon Trunks will be born.' thought Goku as he went back to his wife to stay for the night with Gohan