Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Through Her eyes ❯ Relaxation ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

As I returned to the plane, I dared not to look into anyone's eyes. I knew that there would be remarks and comments as far as the eye could see. I walked past Goten, who was looking for a reason to fall and land on Karlie. He purposely bumped into me and said a little, "Oh no!" and staggered 8 feet back into Karlie. Karlie laughed and caught him. "Oh dear! Clumsy me! I must have tripped!" Goten said with a smile. Karlie giggled and held out a hand. "Need some help, 'fallen angel'?" Goten smiled and nodded. "Yes, thank you." I stood in the door way, mouth gaped open. "What in the hell?" I said. Karlie looked over at me. "Oh! Sere! Trunks is looking for you! I think he went into the air port." She said still clung to Goten. "Thanks. I'll go find him." I said turning and beginning to exit the room. As I turned, Trunks was standing in the doorway. "Serena..." He said with a scowl on his face. "What...?" I replied crossing my arms. "We need to talk." Trunks said pointing over his shoulder. I nodded and walked past him, leaving the plane.

I leaned up against the plane, looking Trunks square in the eyes. "What would you like to say? Any explaining to do?" I asked with an angery scowl on my face. Trunks crossed his arms and looked aimlessly at me. "What are you talking about?" I leaned forward and pointed at him. "You know damn well what I'm talking about! Why are you acting so odd?! I try to do something and you freak out! You've been all clingy and you wont stay out of the same room as me for five seconds!" Trunks growled and pointed back. "So you're mad because I love you, now? Is this what it's about?!" "Trunks, you don't usually act like this! What is going on!?" I yelled with a confused pitch. Trunks turned and began to pace. "I've just had a lot of things on my mind, and what with work and all I just need someone to--" "Drive crazy? Someone to worry about you and about what you might be doing to your life? Is that it? Because lately I was beginning to believe you just liked making me scared and lonely!" I interupted. By this time, tears were beginning to swell in my eyes.

"Serena, just becuase I have to work doesn't mean I don't want to spend time with you! I'd give up work any day to spend it with you, but I can't! Thats just it! I'm going to ask my mom to cut my week a little shorter for me so we can do things together, but that's the best I can do! I'd quit right now, but I have to take care of you and the company!" I bit my lip and choked back tears. "You can quit your work! You're in the richest family in the world!" Trunks shook his head. "I just can't leave the company out in the cold, you know that." I wiped my eyes on my shoulder, keeping my arms crossed. "I know that, but..." Trunks walked forward and wraped his arms around me. "I'm going to do everything I can to make us together more. But until then, you have to be patient. Things on Earth aren't as easy as they are in the castle."

I dug my face into Trunk's chest and cried. I didn't know what to feel anymore. I was so confused. "I-I just love you more than a-anything... I don't want to lose you..." I said through sobs. "I love you more than anything too, but we just have to work out some things." Trunks pulled me off his chest and looked at me. "But you have to stay stong and not worry about anything. Understand?" I nodded and blinked slowly, letting some tears run down my cheek. "Alright." He said letting me fall into his chest again.

Karlie was watching from the plane window. "Aww... How sweet..." Goten was behind her, fixing his hair as fast as he could. "Goten, don't you--" She stopped as she saw Goten's hair. It was parted to one side and slicked back. She couldn't help but laugh as hard as possible. "W-What, poppet? Don't you like it? I did it just for you!" He said with a proud smile on his face. Karlie nodded while covering her mouth, shielding her laughs from excaping. "Goten, please go fix your hair..." She said muffling a blurt of laughter. "Karlie, don't you think it looks good?" "Great Goten! Fab! Just.. go put it back to normal!"

Trunks and I walked back into the plane, hand in hand. Goten was fixing his hair and Karlie was reading a people magazine. "You ready to get to our cabins?" Trunks asked the excitable couple. "Sure am, Trunks! I even brought my surf board!" Goten said getting in a fighting stance. "Great. Well everyone go get your stuff. I'll go get our car." Trunks said taking a capsule out of a case, tossing it up once and catching it again. "Alright!" Karlie shouted running for the cargo tank. Goten chased after her running his fingers through his hair sending it back to it's normal spunkieness.

I walked to the cargo tank and peeked inside. Nothing seemed less than normal. I grabbed my bag of capsules and closed the cargo door. I was curious to what Trunks had packed. "Trunks! Do you want me to grab your stuff?" I shouted out. Trunks looked over at me from 20 feet away. "Sure!" He called back. I gave off a grin and dug around in the cargo tank. "What's taking you so long, Sere?" Karlie asked from in the car. "Nothing! I... just dropped something!" I said rummaging. "Come on! The surf is going to die!" Goten pouted. "I'LL BE THERE WHEN I'M GOOD AND READY, GOTEN!" I yelled back. Goten shuddered and rolled up his window. I walked back to the car a second later. "What took you so long?" Trunks asked. "I just accidently spilled my capsules out of the case, thats all." I asnwered opening up passenger front seat door and hopping in. "Oh. Everything all situated now?" Trunks asked. "Indeed." I replied with a smile. "Alrighty! Lets gooooo!" Karlie said grasping onto the back of my chair and shaking it. With that, we rode off to the cabins in our hover convertable.

The cabins were beach front and made of bamboo and glass. (Not grass, glass. Trust me. I made it...) "It's... beautiful!" I shouted standing up and putting my hands on the windshield. "Isn't it pretty Goten?" Karlie asked looking at the cabins. There was no answer. Karlie looked to her left and saw Goten had fallen asleep with his arm over his head and slouched, his back touching the seat. "Awww..." Karlie said smiling. "Well, lets get set up so we can go play on the beach!" I said. Trunks rummaged in his shorts pocket for the keys. "You have the keys, right?" I asked. "I have the keys somewhere. Don't worry!" He said switching to check his other pockets. Trunks pointed to the dash compartment. "Check and see if I put them in there." I leaned forward and dug through maps and registration papers. "No keys." I said biting my lip.

"Crap. I must have left them on the plane. I'll go back, you guys stay here and play on the beach until I get back." Trunks said putting the contents in his pockets back. "Alright. Don't take too long, we'll miss you." I said opening up the car door and getting out. "I wont." He said turning the car back on. "I'll carry Goten to the back." I said signaling Karlie to get out. "I'll go warm your spot on the sand!" She hollared rushing to the beach. I picked up Goten and carried him to the beach, treading through sand and vines. Trunks pulled out of the diveway, heading back to the airport.

Karlie and I sat on the sand watching Goten tread through the water. "He's an amazing speciman, isn't he?" Karlie said sighing. I laughed and watched him fall face first into some coral. "Indeed." Karlie turned to look at me. "Sere, do you think we're ok together?" I glanced over at her. "What do you mean?" "Well, I mean, he's just so perfect. Isn't he?" I started laughing. "No! I mean it! He's funny, sensitive, loves to eat, likes to play, I mean, I have never met anyone quite like him!" Goten began throwing rocks into the ocean twice his size. "And he's strong too! Look at him!" As she said that, I thought to myself, 'Whooptie Doo. I saved my planet.' "He is a lively one." I replied. "He's so... so... right! Serena, I can't lose him!" Karlie said clutching the strings of her bikini top "Whoa there. You just met today! You don't know Goten at ALL." "What is there to know? Color by numbers, Sere! Look at him! There isn't much more to figure out!" "True, but lets just sit this one out and watch for a while." Karlie sat back down and looked out into the ocean. "Have you ever felt so in love that nothing ever felt so importaint? That only breathing and eating are your only distractions?" I looked out to the ocean with her and watched Goten dive around. "Yeah. I know how it feels. It's never as real as it seems, is it?" I asked. "Nope. Never."

Trunks returned an hour later, house keys in hand. "Where were they?" I asked jumping up to greet him. "Wedged between the airplane seats. They must have fallen out of my shorts." Goten was starting a fire on the beach with two sticks when Trunks looked over at him. "Getting a bon fire started, Goten? Or are you just fiddling with sticks?" Goten looked up from his concentration. "Fire... Fire good... Fire make sun god happy..." "Oh no, he's gone native." I said laying back in the sand. "Naah. I just like to kid ya." Goten said looking up with a smile. Soon a bon fire was started as the sun began to set. The air was still hot and the sand was still warm. Trunks was sitting next to Goten, who was eating a coconut. I leaned up against Trunks and used him as my back rest as I dug my feet under the sand and wiggled my toes. "I've never been to the beach before. We'll have to go more often, Trunks." I said looking behind me. "Indeed." He replied. I glanced up and looked at the colorful clouds. "Isn't it beautiful, Goten?" Karlie said looking up as well. Goten glanced up. "What? That cloud in the shape of a--" "GOTEN!" I yelled, interupting him. Goten slumped. "Oh Goten, You're so great!" Karlie said clinging to Goten's side.

"Trunks, wanna go swimming?" Goten asked. Trunks looked over at the ocean. "Hmm. It looks kind of choppy out there." Goten grined. "Afraid of the waves? You haven't turned soft on me, have you?" Trunks smirked. "And what if I have?" "Then I'll throw you in!" Goten said jumping onto his knees. "You couldn't throw me in if you had all the power in the universe!" Goten growled at Trunk's comment and dove over the fire, tackled him, pushing him into the sand. Trunks pushed Goten out and ran for the ocean laughing. Goten chased not far after him shaking sand out of his swim shorts.

The night grew dark as the tide came in. We all decided it would be best if we stayed inside for the remainder of the evening. Trunks sat on the porch watching the waves with Goten catching up on life. Karlie and I sat inside by the fireplace talking as well. "Serena?" Karlie asked from the kitchen. "Yeah?" I replied looking up from a magazine. "Do you want a drink? They've got everything back here." "Sure. I'll have a... lime margarita." "On the rocks?" "Sure." I said with a smile. "So. When are you going to ask Trunks out for a moonlight stroll along the beach?" As I turned the page, it ripped due to the sudden tension come over me. "I... I don't like talking about the moon." I dug my face into a page and started reading. "What is it with you and always hating the moon? Did a meteor hit your house as a child or something?" I turned and growled. "Those meteors were NEVER proven to have come from the Moon! It's not the Moon's fault!" Karlie blinked. "Anyways, here's your drink." Karlie said putting it on the counter. "Alright. Ill be there in a sec. I'm reading about how Trunks was abducted by brain stealing aliens in the National Enquirer." I said turning the page.

Trunks and Goten ran into the house laughing and Goten carrying a bucket of sand chasing Trunks. "Hey, don't get sand all over!" I yelled. Goten continued to chase Goten into his and Karlie's room. "DON'T GET SAND IN THE HOUSE!!" I yelled again. There was a crash and Goten gasped. "GOTEN!" Karlie hollered running to the room. I followed after her, throwing the magazine off to the side. When we entered the room, Goten was standing over the shattered glass. "Goten! What did you break!?" Goten turned to reveal that the window was completely busted out. "GOTEN!!" Karlie scolded. "Why didn't you listen to Serena!?" Goten's eyes began to water as he saw the anger building up in Karlie's eyes. "I-I'm sorry..." Karlie's heart sank at the moment. "Oh Goten!" She ran toward him and wraped her arms around his neck, embarrassing him tightly. "I'm not mad... I'm just... disappointed." (OH MY GOSH. THAT IS THE WORST WORD PARENTS CAN USE. The word disappointed should be BANNED!) Goten tucked his head between Karlie's neck and shoulder and sniffled.

I exited the room, deciding it was a good time for Karlie and Goten to have some alone time. The floor creaked as I walked into the room Trunks and I were staying in, which happened to be the master bedroom. I sorted through my clothes, putting out my bikini for tomorrow. I glanced around, noting the fresh towels and bath robes from the maid service. (Oh come on, did you think we weren't going to have this kind of crap!) "I hope sharing a bed doesn't bother you." Trunks said entering the room. "Why would it?" I asked taking a few pairs of shirts out of the drawer. Trunks kicked his shoes off and at the closet. "I don't know, I was just making sure." I nodded and closed the dresser drawers. "You're not still mad at me are you?" Trunks said walking over to his dresser and taking out a pair of pajama shorts. "No, why would I? Do I seem mad?" I asked sitting on the side of the bed, taking my ear rings out, and setting them on the night stand. "No, you don't seem mad, I was just checking to make sure I wouldn't wake up and fall into a hole in the floor lined with sharp objects." He said walking to the door. "Nah. I like you too much to let you fall into a hole. I might just tie you up and put you out in the water when the tide starts to go out." Trunks laughed and walked out of the room.

When he came back, he was in his black pajama shorts and a white T- shirt. I had changed into a pair of dark purple pajama shorts as well, with a white tank top. "I'm going to go check on Karlie. See if they need help switching rooms. I told them they could take the room a few doors down from us. That other master bedroom." I said walking past Trunks. "Alright. I'm just going to sit in here and read until you get back." He said walking to his side of the bed and grabbing a book off of the night stand. "Kae." I replied walking out. (don't ask, I spell 'OK', 'Kae'...)

I walked into Karlie's room with my arms folded. "Hello? Anyone in here?" The room was silent and darker than a few minutes before. "Karlie? Goten? Helloooooo?" I said peering around corners. "OK, this is NOT funny you guys. Come out now before I start rummaging." I threw open their bathroom door and flipped on the light. There I found the love engulfed couple on the floor making out furiously. "OH MY GOSH!!" I screamed slamming the door and pressing my back up against it. Trunks ran into the room a few seconds after. "What's the matter?" Trunks asked sprinting up to me. I made the 'shhhh' sound and pressed my fingers to my lips. Trunks began to whisper. "Whats wrong.....?" I pointed to the door and whispered, "They're in there... on the floor... making out..." Trunks laughed and nudged me out of the way. When he opened the door, they were still at it. "Hang on a sec." Trunks left the room and came back with the fire hose. "Trunks, don't! That's cruelty to animals!" I said laughing. Trunks turned the nozzle and sprayed Goten with the pressure on full blast. "AYE AYE AYE!!" Goten yelled shielding his face from the water.

Karlie scooted off into the corner scoweling. "Just a tip, lock the doors before you decide to go at it. Some people could walk in and interrupt." Trunks grinned. "Geez. Jerk. I'll hose you down next time." Goten said wiping his face. "Damn it all, Trunks." Karlie said ringing out her hair. "Hey, you have to learn the hard way!" Trunks said walking back out with the hose. "S-Sorry you guys... I tried to stop him..." I said with a flushed expression and walked out.

After everything settled down, we all went to bed and slept through the night. When I awoke, the sun was shining through the window across from me. Trunks was already out of bed when I woke up. The clock read 10:00 AM. "Whoa..." I said astonished. I got up and put on my swim suit. Soon after, I went outside to find the boys running around in the water. "Good morning, sleepy head!" Karlie said from her beach towel. "Good morning." I said walking over to the towel set out next to her. "How long have you been awake?" I asked reaching for the sunscreen. "Since about seven. But I suppose I lost track." Karlie said with a smile. "It's great here, isn't it?" She added looking around. "Sure is." I said throwing the bottle to my left. "I'm going to go get some iced tea. You want some, Sere?" Karlie asked standing up. "Yes please. Can you grab me a bag of chips or something too? I'm kinda hungry." Karlie grinned. "Chips, aye? I'll make you something GREAT! You don't need chips! It goes to your hips anyways!" She said running into the house with an ecstatic expression on her face. "Oh dear..." I said watching her leave. "Hey, Sere!" Trunks yelled from the water. "What?" "Come and play with Goten and I!" I shook my head. "Not yet, let me wake up a little." Trunks pouted. "Pleeeeeeasse?" "In a few minutes!" I shouted. "Sereeena!" He cried out. "TRUNKS! DON'T MAKE ME COME OUT THERE!" "Hehe! Would you?"

Karlie came outside 20 minutes later with a tray of food. "Is that all for me?" I asked digging my toes out of the sand. "No... there was more... but I got hungry in the process and..." She began. "Don't worry about it. Thats great. Remember, I was just going to have chips in the first place." "Indeed..." she said scratching her head with the other hand holding the tray. Goten jumped out of the water quickly and sniffed around the plate. "Is that for me, sugar bear?" Goten asked glancing up. "No... it's for Serena." She said swatting his hands off the plate. "Thanks." I said as she lowered the plate to the ground. "Goten, go play. Leave Serena alone. No begging." Karlie said pushing him off. "BUT! BUT!" Goten began to claw his way back to the food. "NO! GET MOVING!" Karlie said pushing him through the sand.

After I finished eating, I decided to go play with the guys. Karlie counts as one of the 'guys'. I put my foot into the water and wiggled it around a little. "Don't worry! It feels nice!" Trunks said wading in the water. "I know, I just want to get used to it." I said pointing a finger at him. I got in waist deep and started to swim out to everyone. "Serena! Think fast!" Karlie yelled throwing a crab at my head. I caught it fast and looked at the ugly thing. "Dah. That's gross, Karlie!" Karlie stood in amazement of how fast I caught the crab. (...Almost spelt 'crap'...) "How did you catch that!? That was my fast ball!" Karlie said. "Um... I pratice playing baseball with the guys sometimes..." I said throwing the crab into the horizon. Trunks snuck up behind me and dunked me under. I pulled at his arms and legs, little bubbles excaping my mouth in the process. Karlie and Goten watched as my arms and legs flew up in the air from the water. "Dear God... What is he DOING?" Goten asked watching water fly everywhere. Trunks let go and I floated to the top again. I turned and splashed Trunks in the face. "Take THAT!" I said wiping my eyes. The 'splash' engulfed his body and sent him a few inches backwards. Karlie soon jumped onto my back, dragging me back under. Goten dived under and clasped onto Trunk's legs pulling him down as well. I rolled to the top of the water, forcing Karlie down. I pushed off of her with my foot and swam away at a reasonable pace. I wanted to go easy on her. Humans.

Trunks and Goten wrestled in the water trying to out do the other in a watery rage. Karlie tried to catch up with me, but every time I swam away underwater. "Serena! That's not fair! You're faster than me!" I came up from underwater and looked at her. "Giving up?" "You're too fast!!" Karlie said panting. "Nah, you're not trying hard enough! Wimp!" I said splashing her. "Hey hey hey!" She yelled shielding her face. "Not fair! Not fair at all!" Karlie said starting to pout. "Oh suck it up!" I yelled splashing her. Karlie turned and swam back to Goten in a little fit. "Oh brother. What a sissy!" I said swimming after her.

Goten and Trunks were under water and still fighting. I dove under and split up the two. They both came floating up to the top, panting hard. "Goten!" Karlie said lunging over to him and clasping him in her arms. "What's the matter, Kar?" Goten asked looking down at her. "Everyone is better than me! It's not fair!" Karlie sobed rubbing her face on Goten's shoulder. Goten rubbed his hands on Karlie's back. "It's alright... Just... sit out when you feel out done." Karlie looked up at Goten. "Out done? What is THAT supposed to mean!?" Goten gulped and made a sheepish smile. "Um.. eheh... If it feels like... um... you are over powered...?" Karlie glared at Goten and pushed off of him. "Excuse me. I feel over powered. I'll be sitting on my towel if anyone wants to talk to this weakling." Karlie said swimming back to the shore. Goten stood silently. "Great job, Goten. You ARE smooth with the ladies." Trunks said nudging him.

"Shut up, Trunks! It's not my fault she's a human!" "Maybe it is! Everything else is usually your fault too!" Trunks said punching him in the shoulder. "SHUT UP, TRUNKS!" Goten yelled turning and punching him back. "Girly punch! Who taught you that one? Your mom?" Trunks said with an antagonizing grin on his face. "TRUNKS! I'M GOING TO KICK YOU SQUARE IN THE NUTS HERE IN A SECOND!!" Goten shouted pointing at him with a scolding tone. "Oooooo! That is if you have the balls to come and do it! Chicken!" Trunks hollared putting his hands under his arms and clucking. Goten clenched his fists and tackled Trunks underwater. Trunks quickly pulled him off and punched him in the side. They both surfaced and exchanged dirty looks. Goten swam back to shore to confront Karlie leaving Trunks and I out in the water.

A little later, we all decided to go inside to take a nap. It was about 2:00 PM, just the right napping hour. Goten and Karlie layed on one couch and Trunks and I layed on the other one. Since there was no TV, we all had to entertain ourselves. "I spy with my little eye something that is blue." Goten yawned out. "The water..." I said rubbing my eyes. "Yep..." Goten said stretching. "Thats the third time you've done water, Goten... I think we need a new game." Trunks said leaning his head on the arm rest. The room was silent as we all began to think of a new game. "How about the napping game..." Karlie said cuddling around Goten's chest. "Yeah... that's a great game." I said doing the same to Trunks. Soon we all fell asleep and slept for a couple of hours. Little did we know our vacation had barely begun.