Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Free Me of My Demons ❯ Chapter 12

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The former gundam pilots exited the meeting room and proceeded back to the living room. They spotted Serena on the floor playing with Rini, making funny noises on the infant's belly, causing her to squeal in delight. Quatre smiled and walked over to his sister and placed a hand on her shoulder, causing the blonde to look up at him questioningly.
 
“We need to talk.” He grabbed a hold of her hand and helped her to her feet. Duo took Serena's place on the floor with Rini as the other pilots took seats around the room. Quatre brought her to another room and they both took a seat on a large comfortable couch.
 
“So what did you want to talk about Quat?”
 
He ran a hand through his bangs, “Well me and the guys have been talking.” He paused, taking his sister's hands into his own. “We want to train you.”
 
Serena cocked a brow, “What do you mean?”
 
“Trowa and I want to help you with your school work, Wufei with martial arts, Heero with weaponry, and Duo wants to show you mechanics.”
 
“Mechanics?!” exclaimed the princess. Quatre chuckled softly with a nod.
 
“Yes, mechanics.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Why mechanics?” questioned Quatre.
 
“No, why do you want to help me with all of that?”
 
“You told me that Darien was going to come for you Rena…we want you to learn how to protect yourself…and how to provide for Rini…if you ever leave.”
 
“Leave?”
 
“We don't know what the future holds, after all of this blows over…you may go back home.”
 
Serena chewed on her bottom lip. “I never thought about actually leaving.”
 
Qautre pulled her into a tight hug. “I don't want you to leave…but if that is your wish, I will be happy with your decision.”
 
“Thanks, Quate.” She clutched her brother tightly. `Hopefully I don't have to come to that decision soon.' She thought to herself.
 
She pulled away from him. “When do I start?”
 
“Tomorrow morning at 5am.”
 
Serena's eyes grew as large as saucers. “5am!?!”
 
.::Later that evening::.
 
The sun had long set, and the moon was shinning brightly amongst the darkened sky. Serena stood upon her balcony, staring up at the moon, lost within her tormented mind. A few tears rolled down her soft pale cheeks as she thought upon her past decisions… why was fate so cruel?
 
Everything seemed so perfect at first…she had her senshi…she had her lover. She frowned, her thoughts turning to Darien, and she smiled wistfully. She was a fool, no ifs…ands…or buts about it. Darien was supposed to be her knight in shinning armor...her protector and her savior.
 
He is not meant to rule by your side…he was not meant to be Small Lady's father…
 
How could that be true…she seen her future…seen the kingdom she and Darien were set to rule, how could it all be false?
 
She closed her eyes, shivering involuntarily; life was really messed up. Her future was now unclear and that scared her the most. She had been living for the past two years, trying to accomplish her goal; become Neo-Queen Serenity and rule over Crystal Tokyo…become the most powerful ruler of the universe. Within a matter of a few hours, that dream came spiraling down and blew up in her face and there was nothing she could do about it.
 
She unconsciously rubbed her belly, remembering the child that had been growing inside her and a few chocked sobs escaped her. She will never know of that child, never know what it was, what it would have been like…and it was all her fault.
 
“I am so sorry…” she whispered brokenly, wrapping both arms around her stomach.
 
“What are you doing?” Serena stiffened, turning her head slightly, staring into one piercing green eye.
 
“Trowa?” Trowa stepped closer, looking at the blond girl before him.
 
“What are you doing?” he repeated once again. Serena turned from him, looking down at the concrete walkway below her, her eyes becoming duller by the second.
 
“Thinking” came her nonchalant reply. Trowa took another step closer, propping himself up on the double glass door, studying the blond closely.
 
“About?” Serena sighed; closing her eyes, as the wind blew, blowing her unraveled thick hair of gold around her like a security blanket. She smiled softly, although it didn't reach her eyes.
 
“End it all…end all the misery.” She seemed to age within a matter of seconds, and a look of exhaustion overcame her pretty features.
 
“I'm tired…tired of the pain…tired of making the wrong decisions.” She laughed bitterly, looking up at the moon once again, spreading her arms wide as she was embraced with a cool breeze.
 
“The harder I fight for what I believe…the worse things become.”
 
“So end it then.” came his reply. Serena turned her head, and stared into his eyes intently.
 
“I can't.”
 
“Why?”
 
“My senshi…my daughter.” Trowa pushed himself off of the door and took several steps, and stopped, standing a few feet in front of her. She dropped down in front of him soundlessly, standing a mere few inches before him. The silent soldier raised a well calloused hand, and softly took a hold of her chin.
 
“Stop living for everyone else and start living for yourself.”
 
“My destiny has already been set for me.”
 
“A destiny that longer exists…you have the opportunity to start over and live life the way you want and you are willing to throw it away.”
 
“You don't understand.”
 
“Ending it will not fix your problems. Fight for what you believe in Serena, fight for everything you believe in. ” Trowa dropped his hand, and turned from her and began walking away.
 
“I won't let you give up. I believe in you” With that last statement, he began to walk away.
 
“Get some rest; you have a long day tomorrow.” Serena watched him leave with a frown and turned, resting her elbows on the balcony ledge. She looked down at the concrete pathway once again, and ran a hand tiredly through her bangs.
 
“He believes in me.” She whispered. She stood up straight and walked away from the balcony and made her way to her room.
 
“I will try Trowa…”
 
.:: next morning::.
 
Wufei stood before Serena's door with a frown, mumbling incoherent things under his breath. He glared at the door, before raising a hand and knocked. When no response came, he growled lowly and opened the door. Upon entry he saw the moon princess sprawled on her bed, limbs entangled within her thick comforter.
 
“Onna get up!” came his gruff reply. Serena groaned, rolling onto her stomach and buried her head under her pillow.
 
“Five more minutes,” she whined. Wufei snorted and walked towards her bed, grasping upon her mattress and threw it up, causing the blond to hit the floor with a loud thud.
 
“Up!” Serena shot up from the floor and glared at him heatedly.
 
“What the hell?!”
 
“I asked you to get up and you didn't, so I put matters into my own hands. Now meet me in the backyard in ten minutes.” He turned then paused. “I suggest you put your hair in a braid so it doesn't get in the way.” He then and walked out of the room. Serena growled and stood to her feet, mumbling un-lady like obscenities.
 
…….
 
Serena's chest was burning and her legs were on fire! She was jogging her 2nd mile with Wufei and was about ready to collapse. She soon did just that, knees crashing into the ground below her, her head bowed, as she panted heavily. Wufei saw the action from the corner of his eye and turned to look upon the girl with a frown.
 
“Get up onna, you have one more mile to go.”
 
“I can't do this.”
 
“You can and you will. Get up.” Serena shook her head.
 
“No, I'm tired…I need to rest a minute.”
 
“You are weak and pathetic.” growled Wufei, crossing his arms over his chest, glaring down upon her.
 
“You don't think I know that?” she sneered. Wufei's frown deepened and he decided a different approach. He squatted at eye level with her and rested his hands on his knees.
 
“You've lost one child onna…do you want to loose Rini too?” He watched as a rush of emotions flooded through her eyes. She suddenly gritted her teeth, and glared upon the Chinese pilot. She clenched a fist and tried to strike him in the face, though he caught her hand and pulled her closer to him.
 
“Stop downing yourself. I will not let you give up, get up and let's go.” He released her and stood to his feet and continued to jog down the pathway. Serena slowly stood as well, glaring upon his retreating back, before she started to jog after him.
 
“I will not loose her too!” she growled, determination burning in her eyes.
 
……
 
Serena wearily walked into the garage, when she spotted Duo placing some tools on a table. He turned and looked at her, grinning widely.
 
“You look like hell.”
 
“I feel like it,” she muttered, stopping and standing beside him. “Wufei tried to kill me this morning with our workout, and Trowa and Quat tried to make my head explode with all of that school work.” She looked at the contents on a small table and arched a brow.
 
“What is this?”
 
“An engine to a car, we're going to put it back together.”
 
Serena gawked at him. “Are you kidding me?” she frowned when he nodded his head, his grin never faltering.
 
“So I'm going to learn how to put an engine back together, yet I don't even know how to drive.” Duo looked upon her shocked; he shook his head and crossed his arms over his chest.
 
“Oh no, that's just not going to do.” He shook his head once again, his grin slowly starting to appear. “We'll start with driving lessons first!”
 
He walked over to a bright red Mustang, pulling out a set of keys and twirling them on a finger. He patted the hood of the car with his hand, just as Quatre walked into the garage. The blond cocked a brow, watching his sister enter the passenger seat of the vehicle.
 
“Where are you going?” Duo turned to his friend.
 
“She doesn't know how to drive…I can't have her building on vehicles when she doesn't know how to operate one.”
 
“You mind if I tag along?” Duo's grin shockingly widened.
 
“Come on!”
 
…4 hours later…
 
Serena came flying up the driveway of the mansion, suddenly shifting gears, and turning the steering wheel hard. Qautre's face pressed up against the small back glass window, as Serena spun the car backwards and stopped the car before the garage door, smoke rising from the tires.
 
Duo grinned madly at her, “Perfect!”
 
Quatre threw himself in the front seat, all over Duo's lap and threw the passenger door open. He rolled out of the car and crawled down the driveway midway.
 
“LAND!!!” he hollered, pressing his head against the concrete ground. Serena and Duo both exited the vehicle, and Serena tossed the key to its rightful owner. Duo caught the keys and grinned down at his friend.
 
“Aw…it wasn't that bad!” Quatre glared at him and stood shakily to his feet, placing a hand on his stomach, feeling nauseated.
 
“You going to join us on our motorcycle ride tomorrow?” questioned Serena with a grin.
 
“Hell no!” with that the blonde slowly made his was to the front doors of his mansion. Duo chuckled and turned to the princess.
 
“So what do you have to do next?”
 
Serena sighed, resting her hands on her hips. “Train with Heero…”
 
“Ouch…” He patted her on the back. “Have fun with that!” he walked over to the garage and pushed a button, causing the doors to raise open. He entered his vehicle and backed it up inside the garage. Serena sighed and started to head to the back yard.
 
“Here goes nothing.”
 
……
 
Serena rounded the house and didn't see the perfect soldier in sight. She looked around with a frown, stopping in the middle of the backyard with her arms crossed over her chest in agitation. With a startled gasp she jumped to the side when she saw something come whizzing past her head. With widened eyes she looked behind her and spotted a dagger sticking out of a tree. She turned back around and Heero was standing before her, making her squeal and take several steps back, falling flat on her bottom in shock.
 
“Hn…you have sharp reflexes.” He stepped away from her and made his way to the tree and pulled the dagger from it.
 
Serena stood to her feet glaring heatedly at the soldier. “What if that would have hit me?”
 
“Just be glad that it didn't” Serena clenched her jaws in annoyance, as Heero walked over to another tree and pulled out a bag. Curiosity getting the best of her, she walked to where Heero was and peered over his shoulder to look inside that bag that was filled with blades.
 
“What exactly are we going to be doing?” questioned Serena.
 
Heero looked over his shoulder and frowned realizing how close she was to him. “I will be showing you how to handle a dagger.”
 
A small smile grew upon her face. “Oh that sounds fun.” She took a hold of the dagger Heero handed her. She stepped away from her and eyed the weapon closely. Heero cleared his throat and stepped towards her.
 
“I will show you how to throw a dagger and being that you can dodge pretty well we will skip the 2nd lesson and go to the third.”
 
“Which is?”
 
“How to throw and dodge at the same time.” He positioned himself beside her and explained how to hold a dagger properly and how to aim and toss. He stepped away from her and a little towards the tree she was aiming for.
 
“Aim and throw.” She arched a brow noticing how close he was and started to tell him he needed to step back more, but she shrugged it off because he was a “professional.” She took a hold of the dagger like he had instructed, and aimed for the tree before her.
 
“Here goes nothing.” She muttered. She threw the dagger and her eyes widened as the weapon began heading towards Heero's head. Before the weapon struck its target, Heero grabbed it between his finger tips a mere few inches from his head. He shifted his cold blue eyes upon the blonde, tossing the dagger to the ground.
 
“Again.” Serena sighed and picked up another dagger.
 
“It's going to be a long day.”
 
 
Author: Well….didn't know what else I wanted in this chapter so I'm gonna end it right here! Hope you enjoyed ^_^ please review