Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Free Me of My Demons ❯ Chapter 14 ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: Thanks so much for the reviews!
 
Disclaimer: Don't own Sm or Gw
 
 
 
After dinner, Serena took Rini and made a quick retreat to her room. She was currently rocking her daughter to sleep, gliding around her room as if she were a graceful dancer, humming a tune softly. Rini let off a soft snore signaling that she had gone of to dreamland, and Serena laid the infant down and covered her up with a comforter. She went to her dresser and pulled out a light pink tank top and white pajama bottoms to get dressed in. A soft knock rung out, just as Serena lay back on her bed in her newly adorned clothing.
 
“Come in.” she replied. Luna opened the door and stepped inside. She spotted the moon princess lounging on the bed, and made her way towards her and sat down next to her. Serena rolled onto her stomach and looked up at her former advisor.
 
“What's up Luna?”
 
Luna shifted in her seat to look upon her more clearly. “Well you left the kitchen rather quickly; I wanted to know what was wrong.”
 
“Nothing is wrong,”
 
Luna arched a brow. “Serena, I've known you for two life times. I know when something is up.”
 
Serena gave her a lopsided grin. “You know me too well.”
 
“Far too well, now tell me what's on your mind.” Serena rolled onto her back with a sigh and laced her fingers behind her head.
 
“It's Heero.”
 
“The one with the gun?”
 
Serena nodded. “Yea…we kissed.” She paused, a light blush tinting her cheeks. “Which lead to other things…”
 
Luna giggled. “You're moving on, what's the problem?”
 
“I feel like I'm betraying Darien.” Luna couldn't stop the frown that suddenly came across her face. She sighed heavily, face becoming serious.
 
“Are you in love with Darien?” Serena furrowed her brows at the question. She slowly sat up, wrapping her arms around her knees, tilting her head to the side and looked upon Luna.
 
“No, I don't.”
 
“Then you aren't betraying anybody but yourself.”
 
The princess held a look of confusion. “Betraying myself?”
 
Luna moved forward and took Serena's hands into her own. “Yes, betraying yourself of being happy. How do you feel about Heero?”
 
Serena sighed with a roll of her eyes. “I don't know…I thought I hated him; he makes me so mad! There are times when I feel like kicking his head off his shoulders…then tonight…tonight he proved there's more to him then meets the eye. He broke the barrier I held around myself for so long without even trying.”
 
Luna smiled softly and kissed Serena on her forehead. “Then get to know him; open up and show him who you really are.”
 
“I don't want to risk being hurt again Luna, I can't bare anymore pain.” Tears welled up in her eyes, and they slowly began to spill.
 
“You can't run away from your fears Serena.” Luna wiped away the tears. “Several years from now do you want to look back on the what ifs?” She watched as the blonde shook her head. “Then give it a chance.” Luna stood from her seat and headed towards the door. “Go talk to him.”
 
Serena looked down at her sock covered feet as Luna left the room. She ran her fingers through her bangs before standing from the bed and heading towards the door herself. She took a hold of the door knob and opened the door, then took a surprised step back, seeing Heero standing before her.
 
“How long have you been standing there?”
 
“Long enough to know you want to talk to me,” he raised out his hand for her to take. “Let's go on a walk.”
 
“It's raining!”
 
“Stopped a half hour ago; come on.”
 
“I can't leave Rini.”
 
“Luna has that covered, stop stalling.” Serena began to say something smart, until Heero took a hold of her hand and pulled her out of the door. The duo headed out of the house silently, and were currently walking down a path through a garden. They came up to a bench and Heero escorted her to the seat, sitting down beside her. Serena began to wring her hands together nervously, as the silence bore on.
 
“What do you want to talk about?” questioned the perfect soldier.
 
Serena chewed on her bottom lip in thought. “Well I'm not supposed to say anything, but Quat told me a little about you…about being trained to be the perfect soldier.”
 
“Hn…” The silence came again, but only for a few moments.
 
“I was married before.”
 
Serena turned her head sharply towards him. “What?”
 
“Her name was Relena Peacecraft…I hated her so much.”
 
“You married her, yet you hated her. I don't understand.”
 
“She was obsessed with me the moment she laid eyes on me. Being the Prime Minister trying to attain peace throughout earth and the colonies, she required to be heavily guarded for assassination attempts. The guys and I were the only ones skilled enough to keep her safe. She selected me to be her head guard, which lead me to be around her nearly 24/7; she knew everything there was to know about me.”
 
“So how did the whole marriage thing come about?”
 
“After the war she didn't need our protection anymore, so we were all to go our separate ways. She used her knowledge about me to her advantage.”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“She contacted the man that assigns my missions. She had him make my marriage to her a mission.
 
“Why didn't you reject the mission?”
 
“I'm the perfect soldier, I never reject a mission.”
 
Serena narrowed her eyes angrily. “She was forcing her way into your life; that's not right.”
 
“She didn't care; all that mattered was that I was hers.”
 
“So what happened to her?”
 
“It was nearly a year into our marriage; she was called to make a speech on one of the colonies. I was currently finishing up a mission to break up a group that was opposing a threat to our peace; I was supposed to take a shuttle to the colony that next morning.” Heero sighed and shook his head. “It was all a set up.”
 
“A set up?”
 
“The group that I was breaking up had planted a bomb on her shuttle. They caused an uproar on another colony a few days before that I had been called too. The leader somehow got into contact with Relena and asked her to speak on a different colony. If I hadn't been called break up the group, none of this would have happened and I would have checked the shuttle and found the bomb.”
 
“Why didn't her other guards check the shuttle?”
 
“Because everyone had slacked on their job since we had accomplished peace. The shuttle exploded just as it was about to take off; she was four months pregnant. We were going to see if the baby was a boy or girl after she made her speech”
 
Serena's eyes widened with unshed tears. “I'm so sorry.”
 
Heero shifted his eyes upon the blonde, unshed tears of his own blurring his vision. “The past is the past, and there's nothing I can do to change it.”
 
“But you can stop blaming yourself, it wasn't your fault.” Heero closed his eyes and let the tears fall.
 
“Make's it easier to deal with the pain.” He sighed heavily. “I'm perfect…I'm not suppose to feel.” Serena stood from her seat and enveloped him into a hug.
 
“This proves that you're human…you need to let it go.” Heero wrapped his arms tightly around her waist, pulling her closer to him.
 
“You need to follow your own advice.” Serena couldn't help the small giggle that escaped her, despite her own onslaught of tears.
 
“I guess you're right.”
 
“I know I'm right.”
 
“Don't you start smart ass.” Heero smirked, standing to his feet, wrapping an arm around the blonde's shoulders.
 
“Let's go inside.”
 
.::SM Dimension::.
 
Mina jumped off of her window sill and made her way to her communicator. She stared down at the contraption and pressed the symbols of mercury, mars, and Jupiter. She waited patiently for the three females' faces to appear on the screen.
 
Rei's was the first to appear, and she held a look of agitation on her face. Next appeared Lita, and lastly Amy, both looking very tired.
 
“Please not another Youma attack,” whined Lita, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.
 
“No nothing like that?” chirped the blonde.
 
Rei furrowed her brows, “Well what's wrong? You seem rather cheerful.”
 
“I have every right to be, I've got some good news.”
 
“Something about the enemy?” questioned Amy.
 
“Something better!” she exclaimed in a sing song voice.
 
“Mina you're really creeping me out! What's up?” replied Lita.
 
“Well, looks like Serena has found someone!”
 
“How the hell do you know that?!” questioned Rei.
 
“They don't call me the goddess of love for nothing!”
 
“But she's not even in this dimension, how can you feel her…unless…no!” cried Rei.
 
Mina's grinned widened. “She got laid!” Three excited squeals rung out and Mina couldn't help but giggle.
 
 
.::GW Dimension::.
 
Duo bounded into the living room with his forever present grin present on his face. He snatched the TV remote from the couch and began to change channels, much to Wufei's distaste.
 
“Damn it Maxwell, I was watching that.”
 
“Or really, what was it?”
 
“Eh…”
 
“Exactly, you weren't watching anything!”
 
“Just be glad I don't have my katana Maxwell.”
 
“Yeah yeah yeah, or you'd be trying to chop off my braid.” Quatre shook his head, and turned to look at Trowa whom had a smirk upon his face. Quatre's eyes suddenly widened when he saw Heero walk pass the room, with his arm around his sister. Trowa caught the scene and jumped out of his seat, just as the young Arabian teen did the same. He caught a hold of the blonde's arm just as he was about to go after the pair. The blonde turned his to look up his best friend, bewilderment present in his crystal blue eyes.
 
“What the hell was that?” At the outburst, Duo and Wufei turned to look at the former sand-rock pilot.
 
“Heero and Serena.” replied Trowa.
 
“No shit Sherlock, what is he doing with his arm around her?”
 
Trowa chuckled at the comment. “A bit temperamental are we?”
 
Quatre frowned, not finding this situation in the least bit amusing. “What is going on?”
 
“From the way it looks, Hee-man has taken a liking to your sister.” replied Duo.
 
“What…no!” cried Quatre.
 
Trowa patted his friend on the shoulder. “If you would trust anyone with your sister, who would it be?”
 
“Heero.”
 
“So let them be.”
 
“But!”
 
“Just let it be.” finished Trowa. Quatre frowned, running a hand through his hair.
 
“Fine, but I don't like this.” He muttered before he exited the room.
 
Duo snickered, sitting on the edge of the sofa. “I like seeing him like this.”
 
“Highly amusing isn't it?” Trowa headed towards the door. “I'll be in the library.”
 
 
 
Author: Hope you enjoyed! Please review!xzzss