Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Free Me of My Demons ❯ Chapter 16

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: Thanks so much for the reviews!!!
 
Disclaimer: Don't own Sm or Gw
 
 
Michelle closed her communicator and looked upon Amara. “You need to pick up the girls at the arcade.”
 
“What's wrong?” questioned Setsuna, accepting the bottle of water Hotaru hurriedly went to go fetch for her.
 
“What ever just happened to you affected Rei too.” She paused and turned to her lover. “They locked themselves in the bathroom at the arcade.” Amara nodded and pulled out her car keys and quickly disappeared out of the door.
 
The senshi of Neptune ran her fingers through her aqua locks, turning to the Senshi of time. “What just happened?”
 
Setsuna took a few swallows of her water, her hands slightly trembling. “The Gates of time…” she shook her head and smiled ruefully. “Everything makes so much sense now.” She let a few tears fall from her eyes. “Things have just turned for the worst.”
 
……
 
Amara pulled her car up in front of the arcade and exited her yellow sports car. She entered the heavily crowded building and went directly to the back and straight to the bathroom where she saw a line of kids beating on the door trying to get in. She pushed them all out of the way and heavily pounded on the door.
 
“It's Amara.”
 
The door slowly opened, and a hand shot out, pulling the Senshi of the wind into the room, the door slamming behind her. The short haired blonde made her way to Rei and kneeled down before her.
 
“What the hell is wrong with her?” she questioned, waving her hand in front of the priestess's face. Rei didn't acknowledge the movement and continued to rock and mumble softly to herself.
 
“I don't know; this happened after she had a vision.” replied Mina.
 
Amara sighed. “Well it looks like she won't be able to walk out of here on her own, so I'll carry her. Oh, and there's a mob of kids at the door so be prepared.” She effortlessly scooped Rei up in her arms, Lita standing before her and Ami and Mina taking the rear.
 
“Alright girls, let's go.” Lita threw open the door and rushed through the angry mob of kids, the other senshi following tow. Lita wound up plowing into someone and realized she was on top of the manager of the arcade; Andrew. She quickly jumped to her feet, streaming out lines of apologies to the poor blonde, making a quick retreat to the door. The group of five hurriedly jumped into the car and sped off.
 
Amy, Lita, and Mina screeched in horror as Amara was flying in an un-godly speed, dipping in and out of traffic like a mad woman. Finally she pulled up to the mansion, shifting her car into park and helping the inners out of the car, and scooping Rei from the back seat and escorted the girls into the house. Amara gently placed Rei on the couch as the rest of the inners sat with her. Mina looked at Setsuna, on the brink of hysteria.
 
“What is going on? What is wrong with Rei?”
 
“The Gates of Time gave Rei and I insight on what has really been going on...in graphic detail.” replied Setsuna.
 
“What did you see?” questioned Amy.
 
Rei suddenly moaned, staring at her trembling hands in horror. “All the blood…”
 
Setsuna sighed heavily, giving Rei a look of pity and leaned back into the couch cushions. “Many things…I will start from the beginning.” She stared intently upon the inners. “You remember your fight with Chaos two years ago?”
 
“How can we forget?” muttered Lita, unable to stop the chill that ran up her spine at the mere mentioning of his name.
 
“Who is Chaos?” questioned Amara.
 
“Two years ago Serena's and Darien's daughter from the future came to our time line for help. Chaos and his minions attacked Crystal Tokyo; Serena's kingdom of the future, leaving Serena, formally known as Neo-Queen Serenity incased in a crystal.” replied Amy.
 
“Incased in a crystal?” asked Michelle confused.
 
“Yes, our future selves placed the queen in a deep slumber in a crystal to protect her. Rini had touched the crystal, and it unknowingly bonded with her, leaving the Queen unable to protect her kingdom from Chaos. So Rini was sent to our timeline so Serena could use her crystal to protect the kingdom from damnation. To make a long story short, we and Tuxedo Mask went to the future and destroyed Chaos and saved Crystal Tokyo.” finished Amy.
 
Setsuna shook her head. “Serena didn't destroy Chaos like we all thought.”
 
Mina furrowed her brows. “What are you talking about?”
 
“Serena destroyed his body; but not his spirit. Chaos's spirit was dying and he needed a host to survive. With the last bit of his strength Chaos took over Darien's body. Darien's soul was not pure, making him an easy candidate, and Chaos has been feeding off of Darien's corrupted soul, becoming stronger by the day.”
 
“So all of these Youma attacks we've been fighting for the past two years have been coming from Chaos?” questioned Amy.
 
“Yes.” replied Setsuna.
 
“And he's been manipulating Serena and tormenting her all of this time!” exclaimed Mina in pure outrage.
 
Lita shook her head in sheer disbelief. “This is not happening.”
 
“I'm afraid it is…and that's just the tip of the iceberg.” Everyone's eyes shifted upon Setsuna incredulously.
 
“Rini never went back to the future.”
 
“What the hell are you talking about, we all watched her leave.” cried Mina.
 
“No you didn't. It appears Darien has learned forbidden magic of the Moon Kingdom as well.”
 
“What do you mean?” questioned Michelle.
 
“The same magic Serena used to manipulate the Time Gates, Darien used the same magic to manipulate everyone into seeing Rini go back home.”
 
“Holy shit.” Remarked Lita, letting her head fall into the palms of her hands.
 
“Well if Rini didn't return home…then where is she?” asked Mina.
 
“I don't know.” Setsuna stood up and began to pace before her comrades. “When I told Serena that Darien was going to kill her and Small Lady, it wasn't because he had gone mad. He thought he was protecting her.”
 
“How the hell was he protecting her by killing her?” growled Amara with pent up frustration.
 
“Somehow Serena found out about Rini not going back home. That was what the argument was about that resulted to her death.”
 
“How?” questioned Mina.
 
“I am not sure of that either.” Replied Setsuna.
 
“Well why didn't he just kill himself instead of doing all three of them in?” questioned Lita.
 
“Because he thought that killing him self wouldn't be enough. He figured that Chaos would possess Small Lady or Serena next. So he killed them both, and then killed himself after burning down the apartment, so Chaos couldn't find another host to corrupt and burn with them.”
 
“I still don't understand, what does Rini have to do with all of this?” asked Amara in utter confusion.
 
“In order for Rini to cross dimension, my future self created Luna P.”
 
“That floating cat thing that looked like Luna?” asked Mina.
 
Setsuna nodded. “Yes, it transforms itself into a time key and allows her to travel time.”
 
“Well no one, not even Darien knew what Luna P was really meant for.”
 
“True, but Chaos knows that Rini has something to travel dimensions. Even though Chaos has taken over Darien's body, he still holds a bond with Serena and when she left this dimension, he couldn't feel her anymore. By me and the outers, visiting Darien that day he knew that we placed her in hiding, him losing that bond, gave him the knowledge that she isn't in our world anymore. Now I don't know what Chaos's true intentions of capturing Rini was for, but now his intentions are to find out how to get to the Time Gates to find Serena.”
 
Amy smiled sadly. “Serena knew more than she was letting on…even if she didn't fully understand it.”
 
“What do you mean?” questioned the scouts in unison.
 
“Serena wasn't telling us not to confront Darien so we didn't hurt him, she knew there was something wrong with him and she was trying to protect us. She was distancing herself from us partially because she was trying to find out what was really going on her own.”
 
“Damn it.” Growled Lita, slamming her fist into her hand.
 
“This is all our faults.” Murmered Mina.
 
“No its not.” Replied Setsuna.
 
Mina shook her head in dismay. “Yes it is. We should have not brought Rini back with us, we should have been better guardians and not let Serena push us away. All of this could have been prevented.”
 
“Stop blaming yourselves. Rini insisted on coming back you guys because she wanted to spend more time with you before she left.” Setsuna sighed. “No matter what you would have done, Serena would have distanced herself from you guys in someway. Blaming yourselves is not going to help anything. We need to figure out how to solve this problem…its already gotten way out of hand…and is rapidly progressing”
 
“Progressing how?”
 
“I believe Chaos has entered the gates of time.” Everyone's faces visibly paled.
 
“It just keeps getting better and better.” sighed Michelle.
 
“If Chaos has entered the Gates of Time that means he has Luna P,” Mina swallowed the lump that formed in her throat. “We need to find Rini.”
 
“Serena is the only one who can.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Serena is the only one who holds a bond with Rini besides Darien.”
 
……
 
.::GW Dimension::.
 
Serena jogged her way towards the garage, just finishing up with her school work with her brother and Trowa in the library. She grinned spotting Duo, tampering with something on a table.
 
“Hey Duo!” The braided teen looked up at her with a 1000 watt grin.
 
“Serry Baby! What's up!” Serena giggled and walked over to him.
 
“Just got done with my school work.” Duo suddenly wiggled his eyebrows mischievously.
 
“So what's up with you and Hee-man?” Serena blushed deeply.
 
“We…eh…are talking.”
 
“I think you two are past talking.” sniggered Duo. Serena stuck her tongue out at him, before propping her self up against a red mustang.
 
“The guys are raving about you changing Rini's diaper last night. Care to tell me how you know anything about that?”
 
Duo suddenly frowned, startling Serena for a moment. He quickly flashed her a smile of reassurance pulling out a set of car keys from his back pocket. “Why don't we skip today's lesson and grab a drink. We can talk then.”
 
“Sounds like a plan!”
 
……
 
Duo had dropped the top to his Mustang, cruising down the street. Both he and Serena's braids were flapping wildly in the wind, while head banging to blaring rock music. Duo pulled up to a gas station, and then he climbed out of the vehicle. Serena watched him enter the gas station and then exited a few moments later with a bag in hand. He jumped back in the car and tossed the bag in the back.
 
He pulled out of his parking spot and drove off once again. The city scenery suddenly turned in a wooded area, and Serena looked around her curiously.
 
“Where are we going?”
 
Duo pulled off onto a dirt road and parked his car in front of a tree. He grinned at Serena, grabbing the bag from the back seat.
 
“A spot I like to come to every now and then.” He stepped out of the car and Serena followed his lead. Serena's eyes widened as she realized that they were on a cliff that over looked the ocean.
 
“Wow this is amazing.” Whispered Serena.
 
“I know I love it out here.” Replied Duo, before walking back of to the tree and sitting down, leaning against it heavily. Serena turned to him and sat with him, just as he pulled out a six-pack from the grocery bag and setting it down beside him. He pulled out a beer and popped the top, handing one over to the blonde.
 
Serena took a hold of the cold beverage and arched a brow. Duo looked at her and shook his head with a light chuckle. “Don't tell me you never drank before?”
 
Serena blushed lightly. “No…well I accidentally got drunk before.”
 
Duo pulled out his own beer and popped the top, taking a long swig. “How did you manage that?”
 
Serena shrugged her shoulders. “Well my parents were going to some sort of ball and they wouldn't let me go. So, me and my friends snuck out and went anyways; it was really nice by the way. Anyways I went to the punch bowl and I drank a lot of it…all of it.”
 
Duo chuckled, already knowing the end of the story. “Punch bowl was spiked.” Serena nodded, and then took a swig of her beer, her face scrunching up immediately.
 
“It's bitter!” He turned towards her after taking another swig of his beer.
 
“You'll get used to it.”
 
Serena nodded taking another sip herself. “So tell me about the whole diaper thing.”
 
Duo sighed heavily, leaning his head back on the tree. “I hope you know you are the only person alive to know this story.” He replied shifting his eyes onto her, he sighed once again and began to stare off at something ahead of him.
 
“The last time I had seen my father was when I was four years old. He was a soldier and was called off for duty, so I really don't have any memories of him. It wasn't too long after he left that his base was attacked, and he died amongst his comrades. My mom was pregnant at the time…I remember coming inside the house after playing in the yard. She was sitting on the floor reading a letter and was crying. When she seen me, she pulled me into a tight hug and said that my father was gone.” He cleared his throat and sat up slightly.
 
“After that my mom used to talk about how I was so much like my father, how I looked like him and acted like him. She used to say that I was going to be a great soldier like him, said that I will help bring peace to this world. She started calling me little Duo…that was my father's name. I really thought she was loosing her mind.” He laughed softly, slightly shaking his head. “She was right.” Duo shifted his eyes upon the blonde that was staring at him intently, her beer already gone. He leaned over and handed her another beer, and she thanked him quietly as he continued on with the story.
 
“Well, my mom finally had my baby sister Kylie. She looked just like my mom, with curly black hair and dark blue eyes. I helped my mom with everything, changing diapers, feedings; the works.”
 
Serena was halfway through her second beer and cocked her head to the side. “So where are your mom and your sister?”
 
“I was five at the time and our city was under attack. It was late at night and I woke up to hearing explosions. My mom rushed into my room with Kylie and told me to get out of the bed. She gave me the baby and ran out of the room again, and that was when the house shook and all of the windows blew out. I tried to cover her up with my body, and I wound up getting pretty cut up. I ran out of the room with Kylie and tried to look for my Mom. I found her in Kylie's room, it was destroyed and on fire and there was a huge mecha standing outside of the room with a gun pointed towards me. From the corner of the room I saw my Mom sit up and I saw her eyes widen in fear. I ran over to her and was trying to help her up, but I couldn't. My mom began to scream when the room began to glow; the Mecha was firing up for another attack. My mom pushed me away from her and told me to run with Kylie. I started crying, telling her that I wasn't going to leave her. She started crying too and told me that she will be behind me, and to run as fast as I could, and I did just that.” Duo closed his eyes, reliving that traumatizing moment of his life vividly.
 
“I ran out of the house and never looked back. I heard the mecha's gun go off, but I convinced myself that my mom was okay, that she got out safely. I ran all the way to the downtown city area and hid out in an alley way. I hid behind some trash cans and for the first time I realized that Kylie hadn't cried once. I sat down on the ground and pulled the covers from her face and seen her eyes were closed, so I thought that she was sleeping. I covered her back up and held her close to me and fell asleep.” Duo paused again and opened up another beer for him self and Serena.
 
“I woke up the next day with someone shaking me by the shoulder. His name was Priest Maxwell, and he had an orphanage on the outskirts of town. He had a weird look on his face as he asked me what I was holding. When I told him it was Kylie, he asked me to unravel the blanket. That's when I noticed my hands were soaked in blood. I had pulled back the blankets and realized it was coming from her. She had a piece of glass embedded in her chest and her face had turned blue.”
 
“Oh my God, I'm so sorry Duo.” cried Serena, tears now burning in her eyes.
 
“Yeah, but I'm over it now.” He flashed her a small smile. “ Priest Maxwell took me to his orphanage where I found out that my mother had died. Though, the orphanage was attacked sometime later, leading me to become a gundam pilot.” Duo finished off his beer and turned to the blond once more.
 
“So tell me…when all of this stuff blows over, are you planning on going back home?”
 
Serena sighed heavily. “I don't know. I mean now Heero's in the picture. Plus…I've been thinking.” She paused, and finished off her beer as well. “I really don't want to become Queen and I don't want Rini to grow up in that lifestyle. I want Rini to go to regular school, I want her to have friends and be happy.”
 
“Then stay.” Replied Duo.
 
“What about my Senshi. I mean they're more than my guardians, they're my family and I don't want to turn my back on them.”
 
“If they truly care about you then they will want you to be happy. I'm sure they would understand.”
 
Serena smiled softly. “I'm sure you're right.”
 
Duo grinned. “I know I am.” He stood up and held out his hands for the blonde to take. She gave him a smile in return and placed her hands in his and let Duo help her stand. She swayed slightly and placed a hand to her head.
 
“Woah…”
 
Duo chuckled. “Aw you light weight!”
 
“What is that suppose to mean?” replied Serena as she tried to steady herself. Duo helped Serena to the car and she was settled, he jumped into the vehicle himself after cleaning up all of the empty bottles.
 
“It means you are drunk as shit over a small amount of alcohol.” He replied, putting on his seatbelt.
 
Serena giggled. “I am not drunk.”
 
“I know, you're trashed.” Duo suddenly looked to his console and noticed the time. “Damn, you're late for your classes with Hee-man.”
 
“He's going to be so pissed!”
 
Duo nodded. “You have no idea.” He muttered, before speeding off in his car.

……
 
Darien walked through the portal and found himself in a bustling city. He looked around himself and saw people staring at him oddly, seeing someone just appear from a black hole. Darien sneered at the on lookers, making them scatter about in fear. He suddenly placed a hand on his chest and a cruel smile slowly appeared on his face.
 
“I feel you Serenity…”
 
 
 
Author: Well….that took longer than I expected, but I hope you enjoyed and please review!!!