Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Free Me of My Demons ❯ Chapter 19

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author: Thanks so much for the reviews ^_^ really appreciate it!

Disclaimer: Don’t own Sm or Gw


…thump…thump…

…You’re eyes bore into mine…

…thump…thump…

..Cobalt blue dulling to emptiness…

…thump-thump…thump-thump…

…You fall lifelessly to the floor…

..thump-thump…thump…

…You breath no more…

Serena’s heart literally stopped as she watched Heero fall silently to the floor with the gaping hole in his chest. Her heart was pounding in her ears as she stood frozen in her spot, tears welling up in her eyes, unable to take her eyes off of her lover’s lifeless body.

Quatre too stood frozen in place for he had seen the blast that stole his friend’s life. He took small steps forward, hands trembling, as he kept telling him that this was all a dream…a real bad dream…and he would wake up at any moment.

“Heero?” he whispered with a trembling voice, tears rising to the surface and slowly trailing down his pale cheeks. When he stood before him, his eyes slowly scanned his friend’s injury, involuntarily shivering and turning his head away upon seeing Heero’s lifeless eyes staring back at him. He shifted his eyes upon his sister and felt his heart crack, seeing her in her traumatized state; he clenched his hands into tight fists, eyes falling onto Darien.

He clenched his jaw in anger as Darien found this whole situation to be quite amusing and had the decency to chuckle at his handy work. Before he knew it, Quatre had his gun pulled out and was firing rounds upon rounds on the ebony haired man. When his clip was empty, Darien stumbled back, looking down at his wounded stomach and chest. Quatre stood stunned for a moment before snapping out of his reverie and bull rushing Darien to the ground.

……

Duo jumped back startled when he heard the rounds of gunshots go off and Rini‘s terrified screams ringing out. He peaked his head around the corner just as Quatre made a mad dash into Rini’s bedroom. He suddenly felt his breath catch in his throat as he spotted Heero on the ground. He lowered his own gun and stepped out from behind the wall, shock present upon his face.

He barely acknowledged Trowa and Wufei ramming into his back, or Wufei’s streaming out lines of curses as he made slow steady steps towards Heero. His gun fell from his hand as he kneeled down before the former 01 pilot with a look of disbelief. He clenched his jaw and firmly took a hold of Heero’s shoulders and began to shake him.

“Hee-man…come on…get up.” he whispered, chewing on his bottom lip to keep it from quivering.

“Maxwell…”

Duo tightened his grip and shook him more firmly. “Wake up Hee-man…”

“He’s gone Maxwell…stop!”

“No!” Duo turned and glared at Wufei. “He can’t be!”

Trowa stepped forward. “Duo..”

“He’s the perfect soldier…he can’t die…he can‘t fucking die!” he paused and swallowed deeply, placing his friend to the ground gently and used his hand to close the teen’s eyelids. He turned from him and turned cold eyes upon Darien, whom was still tussling on the floor with Quatre. Picking up his gun and standing threateningly to his feet, he took steady menacing steps forward, griping the handle to his gun, finger already lying on the trigger. He was suddenly stopped when he felt a firm grasp on his arm and shifted his eyes upon Serena, as her eyes were locked on Heero.

“Take Rini and get out of here.”

“But…” Serena shifted her eyes upon Duo and the expression he seen on her face made him slowly nod his head.

“Okay.”

Serena released her hold on him and the braided teen quickly made his way over to the baby basket and pulled the screaming infant out of the cradle and made a quick retreat out of the room. Once he was out of the room, Serena than shifted her eyes upon Trowa and Wufei as the pair was standing over Heero unsure of what to do.

“Trowa…”

The silent soldier turned his head and looked towards the blonde. “Yes?”

“I need you to do something for me.” Trowa turned towards Serena fully with a questioning look.

“When I nod…I want you to grab my brother and get him out of this room.”

The long banged teen nodded his head and straightened his posture and prepared him self for Serena’s signal. He watched her closely as her moon insignia flickered into existence, her eyes flashing to silver, a silver glow forming in her hand. She narrowed her eyes and turned to Trowa, their eyes locking for a split second before Serena gave a quick nod. Trowa ran forward and grabbed a hold of Quatre as the teen had Darien pressed up against the wall.

“What the…” cried Quatre as he felt himself being pulled away from behind, just as Serena spun on her heels, and stepped into where Quatre once stood. She took her free hand and grabbed Darien by the collar of his shirt and yanked him down so their heads were pressed together. Serena stared him deeply in the eyes, a cold smirk coming across her face.

“Until next time.” she whispered, and with that she rammed the silver ball of energy into Darien’s abdomen. Darien’s eyes widened at the unexpected pain as he was engulfed in blinding silver white light. Within a matter of seconds an explosion erupted, causing the entire mansion to rock.

When the smoke cleared, the entire wall Darien had been pressed up against was completely demolished; Serena standing in the clearing, staring up at the rising sun. Darien was nowhere in sight and Serena shifted her eyes down to her trembling hand that was surrounded in a silver aura. She then turned to look at Wufei who had run up to the gaping hole in the wall and scanned the outside area.

“Is he…dead?”

“No…I just bought us some time.” Serena than turned, missing Wufei’s questioning look. She made her way into the hallway, ignoring Quatre’s and Trowa’s stunned expressions, and kneeled down before Heero. She ran a hand down the side of his face, still able to feel the warmth radiating from his body.

“I still have time.” she whispered.

“Have time for what?” questioned Trowa.

She didn’t respond and Quatre took a hold of her shoulders and turned her towards him. “Have time for what…what the hell just happened…what…what did you do?!”

“Quat…shut up and catch me.”

“Wha…” he trailed off as he watched as his sister turn away from him and place her still glowing hand upon Heero’s chest. She closed her eyes and her dulling moon insignia flashed to life, her hand glowing brighter as well.

Wufei came up behind the moon princess and watched intently with his comrades as a miracle was being performed. They watched in silent fascination as the hole in Heero’s chest began to grow smaller until it was none existent. A blinding white light engulfed the entire hallway and when it diminished, Serena’s hand wasn’t glowing and her moon insignia had disappeared. She slowly opened her eyes as Heero’s chest began to slowly rise and fall.

Trowa jumped to his feet and pulled his bangs back so he could see that this was real with both eyes. “Holy sweet mother of God…he’s breathing.”

Wufei kneeled down, nearly at a lose for word. “Yui…”

Heero shifted and mumbled under his breath. “Hn…twinkie…where did you go…”

Serena smiled softly before her eyes rolled to the back of her head and began falling backwards. Quatre quickly reached forward and grasped a hold of his sister before she hit the floor below her. He held her tightly in his arms and stared down at her as her breathing steadied.

“Rena?”

Trowa placed a hand on his shoulder. “I think she passed out.”

Heero suddenly shot up into a sitting position and looked around him with confused eyes. He suddenly grabbed at his chest, definitely not feeling a hole there. He looked towards the hole in the wall and then to his comrades who were staring down at him.

“What happened.?” he questioned as his gaze feel onto Serena, his heart suddenly thumping wildly in his chest.

“Is she…”

“The onna is fine.” replied Wufei, looking upon the sleeping blonde with admiration.

Quatre began to stand to his feet and scooping Serena up in his arms as Wufei helped Heero stand to his feet.

“Where’s Rini…and Darien?” questioned the perfect soldier.

“Rini’s with Duo…as for Darien…” trailed off Trowa.

“The onna said he’s not dead…that she just bought us some time.”

“What is that suppose to mean?”

“I don’t know…we wont get any answers with her being unconscious.” replied the Chinese pilot. Quatre turned from his friends and began heading down the hallway.

“Where are you going?” questioned Trowa.

“To tell Duo that everything is alright and to lay Serena down.” with that said, he continued his journey down the hallway, rounding a corner and disappeared down the stairs.

Heero slowly raised his hand and placed it upon his chest once more. “I was dead…wasn’t I?”

“As dead as dead can be.” muttered Trowa.

“Then…how…”

“That onna did something…she healed you.”

Trowa suddenly frowned. “Where’s Rashid, Luna, and Artemis. I’m sure they heard all of the commotion.”

Wufei narrowed his eyes. “Yes that is odd…”

“Something isn’t right.” Heero straightened himself and began walking down the hallway, as that eerie feeling kept pricking him in the back of his mind. He suddenly quickened his pace, down the hallway Trowa and Wufei hot on his trail.


“You two check on Luna and Artemis; I’ll go and check on Rashid.” called Heero over his shoulder as he made his way to Rashid’s slightly ajar door. He stood before the door and pushed it open, closing his eyes when they had landed upon Rashid’s form lying on the floor beside his bed.

Slowly opening his eyes, cold cobalt blue eyes stared upon Rashid and took several steps into the room. The elderly man was lying face down on the floor, clad in a white beater and sweat pants, a hand gun just a few meters away from his hand.

Heero kneeled down beside the old man and placed two fingers against the old man’s neck. He clenched his hand into a tight fist when he didn’t feel a pulse and slowly stood to his feet as Trowa stepped into the room.

“Luna and Artemis are unconscious…but they’re fine.” Trowa began to step into the room until he spotted Rashid’s still form lying on the floor. He paused in mid-step and shifted his eyes upon Heero’s back with a look of dread present in his eye.

“No…”

Heero slowly nodded his head. “He’s gone.”

Trowa slammed his fist into the wall, causing the material to crumble away on impact. “Damn it Rashid.” He clenched his teeth on his split knuckles of his fist, running a hand through his tossled hair.

“Quatre isn’t going to take this well.”

Heero shifted his eyes upon Trowa. “Neither is Serena.”






Author: That’s all for now ^_^ please review!