Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Free Me of My Demons ❯ Chapter 20 ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Author: I know, its been a minute. I had writers block on this and re-wrote this chapter a couple of times and decided on this ^_^ hope you enjoy!

Disclaimer: Don’t own Sm or Gw




Heero turned towards Trowa and stepped away from Rashid. “Place him on the bed…I’ll tell the others.”

Trowa nodded relieved, he really didn’t want to break the devastating news to everyone. Heero silently made his way out of the room and the long banged teen turned towards Rashid with a heavy sigh.  Running a hand through his long bangs, he made his way over towards him and began to hoist him up. He brought him over to the bed and laid him on it, staring down upon him for a moment.

“Rest in peace…old man.” He bowed his head and turned, silently leaving the room.

-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-

Heero sighed as he made his way down the stairs and stopped to stand by the living room entry way.  He silently looked around the room, spotting Luna and Artemis sharing a loveseat and Wufei standing by a window looking outside.  Duo was occupying the lazy boy chair unusually quiet, holding a sleeping Rini against his chest as he slowly rocked in his seat.  His eyes than settled on Quatre; the teen was silently pacing the large room, eyes downcast to the floor and hands buried in his tussled blond locks, still clad in his boxer shorts.

Heero turned away from the entry way and slowly made his way down the hall and towards the medic room where he knew Serena would be; he would rather speak to her first.

-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-

Serena’s eyes snapped open and she slowly sat up in the bed she occupied and looked around her in confusion.  She placed  a hand to her aching head as the memories of what had happened came crashing back. With a soft moan, she threw her covers back and stood up on trembling legs.

“I need to go home.” she whispered as she thought about her dream with Rini…she had to find her and make sure that she was all right. She suddenly furrowed her brows as her mind lingered onto Heero, her brother, and the guys; she really didn’t want to leave them.  She growled lowly under her breath, clenching her hands into tight fists…once again she had to make a choice; her happiness or her friends’ and families’ happiness.

With a frown she made her way to the door; she had to leave.  She took a hold of the door knob and opened it, taking a startled step back.

“You really need to stop doing that.”

Heero arched a brow upon the blonde, crossing his arms over his chest.  “Where are you going?”

“I uh…” mumbled Serena, diverting her eyes to the ground unsure of what to say.  She was silently cursing the Gods for this predicament…she was really hoping to dodge everyone and disappear without a word…cruel…but simple.

Heero suddenly narrowed his eyes, feeling the tension building all of a sudden.  “Are you trying to leave?”

Serena’s head snapped up and she stared Heero hard in the eyes completely taken aback.  She nervously licked her lips, starting to wring her hands painfully together.  The 01 pilot frowned realizing that his accusation was indeed right and he took a hold of Serena’s chin gently.

“You’re leaving me aren’t you?”  Serena felt tears well up in her eyes at the emotion that was laced in his voice.  She turned her back to him, tears falling down her pale cheeks.

“I have too.”  Heero took a step towards her, confused by her sudden decision.  He wrapped his arms around her from behind, pressing his chest against her back and resting his chin upon her shoulder.

“Why?”

Serena sighed heavily, sinking back into Heero’s embrace. “I need to see my senshi…I need to find Rini.”

“Duo has Rini.”

Serena shook her head, turning in Heero’s arms to look him in the face.  “Rini from the future.” seeing the confusion clearly written on the perfect soldier’s face she continued. “She came to me in my dream, right before I caught Darien…she came to heed me warning.  She’s hurt Heero and I have to help her.”

Heero tightened his hold on the blonde, even though he was still rather confused with what was going on. “I’ll go with you.”

Serena arched her brows stunned by his response.  “Wha…?”

Heero smirked, pressing his forehead against the blonde’s. “I’ll go with you.”

Serena stared flabbergasted upon the teen, not believing her ears. “Really?”

He gave a curt nod. “Hn.”

The blonde gave him a watery smile and wrapped her arms around him tightly. “Thank You.”

Heero held her close for a moment and sighed deeply. “What are you planning on doing?

Serena chewed on her bottom lips as she rested her head upon her lover’s shoulder. “Find Rini and talk to my senshi afterwards…we need to leave now.”

Heero furrowed his brows. “How?”

Serena only smiled and took a shaky step back, unraveling her arms from Heero.  She closed her eyes, her moons insignia flashing to life. She raised a hand and it glowed a pale silver and the aura spiraled off the tips of her fingers and lingered to the center of the room.  The aura began to spiral and formed into a portal; Serena opened her eyes and closed her hand, her moon insignia and silver aura disappearing.

She stepped back towards Heero and wrapped a supportive arm around his waist and rested her head upon his shoulder. “Let’s go.”

“What about the others?”

“Eh…let’s just hope they don’t notice we’re gone.”  Heero didn’t have a chance to get a say in as the blonde pulled him towards the portal; before he knew it, he had stepped inside.  The silver aura swirled into a round ball before bursting into a bright light, than fading to non-existence.

-\-\-\-Sm Dimension-\-\-\-

Serena and Heero stepped through the other side of the portal and the blonde looked about her surrounding in confusion.

“Where are we?” she muttered lowly, looking up at the warehouse before her.  With a frown she scanned the area until her eyes landed on Darien’s beloved sports car.  Her eyes narrowed dangerously close as she shifted her eyes back towards the warehouse.  She closed her eyes for a moment to feel for Rini and her eyes snapped open in shock.

“Oh my God…she’s in there.”

Heero clenched his jaw, taking a hold of his gun as he stepped in front of Serena and began to head towards the building.  Serena followed closely behind him, lost deeply in her thoughts. Has Rini been in there all this time?  Why would Darien do something like this? How could she have been so blind to this?

“It’s locked.”

Snapping out of her reverie, Serena cocked her head towards her boyfriend. “Wuh?”

“The door is locked…step back.”  The blonde did as she was told and watched as Heero gave the door a firm kick, breaking the door open.  He pushed the door open and stepped inside, scanning the area to make sure it was safe before waving the blonde forward.  Serena stood before the steps, turning and spotting a light switch.

She flicked them on lighting up the nicely furnished room. “Wow…” Heero didn’t respond and began searching room.

“Nothing is down here, maybe upstairs?” Serena nodded and followed after the former pilot as he made his way up the stairs.  The blonde yawned wearily, leaning against the wall as she ascended the steps.

“You alright?”

Serena nodded, yawning again. “Yeah…just really sleepy.  I used a lot of energy.”  The pair stopped before the door and Heero slowly grasped the handle and pushed the door open.  He narrowed his eyes upon the child propped up against the wall.

“Rini!” exclaimed Serena, making her way passed Heero and bolting towards the child.  She dropped down in front of the girl, eyes scanning the child’s state of health, mortified by the wounds.  She leaned forward and pulled the child into her arms, causing Rini to stir and slowly creep her eyes open.

The pink haired child smiled. “You came.”

Serena grinned, despite the tears in her eyes. “Of course I did.”

Rini’s eyes started drooping. “Can you do something for me?”

Serena clutched the child closer to her, willing her to stay awake. “Anything.”

“I want to go home.” she whispered.  Serena nodded, turning to Heero as he kneeled down beside her.

“I’ll carry her.”  Serena nodded and allowed the teen to scoop the child up from her arms.  Serena stood to her feet and like before she closed her eyes, summoning her moon insignia and the silver aura. She formed another portal and the group of three disappeared.

-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-

Setsuna frowned deeply, stirring the hot tea in her cup with a spoon.  Hotaru bounded into the room, now looking the age of 10.  She cocked her head to the side as her violet eyes lock onto the Senshi of Time who seemed to be spacing out.

“What’s on your mind?”

The woman shifted her red eyes upon the child, still stirring her tea. “Where’s Amara and Michelle?”

“Um…Amara-papa is in the garage and Michelle-mama is in the pool.”

“Will you retrieve them for me?”

The little girl frowned. “Is something wrong?”

“Someone has entered the Gates of Time again.”

-/-/-/-GW Dimension-\-\-\-

Trowa made his way down the steps and headed into the living room, arching a brow. “Where’s Heero?”

“I don’t know.” replied Qautre, pacing the spacious room.

Trowa suddenly frowned. “Did he come in here to talk to you?”

“About what?” asked Quatre.

“Rashid…”

Qautre stopped in mid stride and turned towards Trowa, face devoid of all emotion. “What’s wrong with Rashid?”

Everyone’s attention was drawn to Trowa as he swallowed deeply, diverting his eye from Quatre. The Arabian teen looked at his long time friend with furrowed brows before his eyes narrowed and tears began to well within them; he shook his head as the tears spilled.

“No!”

Trowa closed his eyes and sighed deeply. “I’m sorry…he’s gone.” Quatre clenched his jaw and made his way to the door.

“Where are you going?” asked the long banged teen.

Quatre paused, his back turned towards the occupants in the room. “I have to see for myself.”

Trowa nodded. “He’s in his room.” That was all the teen needed to hear as he silently walked out the door. Wufei began to head after the blonde when Trowa placed a hand on his shoulder.

“Remove your hand, Barton”

“Let him be.”

“B…”

“Let him say his goodbyes…we all know Rashid was like a father to him.”  Wufei sighed deeply, then turned and made his way back to the window, muttering obscenities under his breath.

-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-

Quatre swallowed the lump that formed in his throat as he walked down the dark hallway towards Rashid’s room. He stopped in the doorway, peering into the dark room, barely able to see Rashid’s figure through his blurred vision. He took small steady steps towards the bed, the pain in his chest increasing with every step.

Standing before the bed, he clenched his eyes tightly shut, letting the tears roll down his flushed cheeks. He slowly opened his eyes and stared blankly down on Rashid’s lifeless form. He fell to his knees, reaching out a trembling hand, taking a hold of Rashid’s hand into his own.  He clutched the hand tightly before burying his face into the side of the bed, heart wrenching sobs escaping his hunched over form.

-\-\-\-Crystal Tokyo-\-\-\-

The group stepped out of the portal and Serena gasped as the once glorious Crystal Tokyo was in ruins. Everything was gone…the buildings…the people…all that was left was the Palace itself; which seemed to be dulling out of existence as well.

“Where are we?” questioned Heero, scanning the emptiness around him.

“This…is my kingdom.” Serena shivered as a chill crawled up her spine. “I…I think it’s disappearing.”  Rini’s small groan drew both teens’ attention towards the child.

“Let’s go inside.” replied Serena worriedly, seeing Rini’s skin visibly growing paler.  They walked through the massive gates, ascending the Palace’s steps, and made their way inside.  Serena led the way as she made her way through the long hallway and towards the throne room.  Serena pushed the large crystal door open and spotted Neo Queen Serenity sitting upon her throne.

The Queen stood from her seat and descended the stairs, her long elegant white dress trailing behind her.  Heero narrowed his eyes on her, seeing the striking similarities between her and Serena, despite the eye and hair color.  A sudden realization dawned upon him; this woman is Serena.

The Queen continued her seemingly robotic pace, her empty eyes staring upon the child within Heero’s arms. She stood before the former 01 pilot and rose out her arms and Heero placed Rini within them.  The woman clutched her daughter tightly to her chest, turning and making her way back to her throne; Heero and Serena watching her silently.

Rini shifted and fluttered her eyes open.  “Mommy?”

“Yes, I’m here honey.”

The child’s eyes suddenly filled with tears. “I tried to stop him…really I did.”

The Queen ran her fingers through her daughter’s bangs, trying to hold back her own tears. “I know you did…I’m so proud of you.”

Rini flashed a small smile as her eyes began to droop. “I’m so tired…”

“Then rest princess.” whispered the Queen as the tears began to flood her cheeks.  She leaned forward and kissed her daughter upon the forehead as the child took her last breath.  She wrapped her arms tightly around her daughter as the child began to glow a soft pink. Soon the child’s form faded from existence and the Queen clutched her own dress with her fists; after a few moments of silence and staying in this position the Queen than turned towards Serena and Heero.

“Come forth.”

Serena wiped the tears from her eyes as Heero escorted her to the throne. The blonde diverted her eyes from her future self, the guilt overwhelming her senses.  She was quite startled when she felt her chin being raised by a finger and she stared into silver eyes.

“Do you think I blame you?” questioned the Queen.

Serena swallowed deeply. “Why wouldn’t you…this is my entire fault.”

The Queen smiled with a shake of the head. “You? No…Wiseman? Yes.”

The blonde furrowed her brows. “Wiseman is dead…Darien did this.”

The Queen shook her head once more. “Wiseman is not dead…Wiseman is Darien.”

“No…how?! I destroyed him!” exclaimed the blonde in denial.

“You destroyed Wiseman’s body but not his spirit. In his weakened state, he possessed Darien and has been feeding off of his dark soul.”

“But…if…if that’s true…then…”

The Queen nodded. “Yes, the day you left from here, Darien was possessed.”

“How do you know this before me?”

“Have you forgotten that I have access to the Time Gates as well? The moment you left, things started changing, Endymion started to act differently…when Rini didn’t return, I knew something was wrong.  I went to the time gates to see what had happened…and I saw it…I saw Wiseman take over Darien. As the days progressed, things slowly started to disappear.  The day you left your dimension was when my Kingdom turned to this and Endymion had disappeared. Once you leave here, my palace and myself will vanish as well.”

“What will happen once this disappears?”

“That’s up to you.”

Serena frowned. “What do you mean?”

“The choices you make here on out determines your future.”

“What if I make the wrong choices…what if I fail?”

The Queen shook her head, not believing how badly she self doubted herself when she was young.  “Haven’t you always overcome an obstacle that has stood in your way?”

“Yeah…but…”

“Ju st follow your heart like you always done.”

Serena nodded and chewed on her bottom lip, letting the information sink in. “Is there still a chance for Darien?”

The Queen sighed, knowing exactly what it meant. “No.” she then shifted her eyes to Heero and watched as the teen glared at the back of her younger self’s head.  

‘Hm…so this might be my future husband, huh?” she thought. ‘I wonder if he has abs?!’

Serena ran her fingers through her bangs, and then stared her future self hard in the eyes. “I will avenge her.”

“I know you will.” The Queen smiled. “I think it’s time for you to head off.”

Serena nodded with a small smile and created yet another portal and before she could step through she heard her name being called.

“Serena?”

Serena paused and turned towards her future self. “Yeah?”

“Just remember…he isn’t Darien anymore.”

“I’ll keep that in mind.”

The Queen smiled. “Good luck.”  Serena nodded and stepped through the portal.

-\-\-\-SM Dimension-\-\-\-

Rei sat upon a small futon before the great fire, eyes closed and chanting softly.  The great fire suddenly flared to life, causing the priestess’s hair to whip around her wildly. As quickly as it flared up, the fire died out and Rei’s eyes opened in a heated rage and she growled lowly in her throat.

“Damnit! I’ve been sitting here for 18 hours! Give me a damn answer already!?!”

“Geeze Pyro…you don’t have to yell.”

Rei snapped her head towards the door way and her eyes just about bulged out of her head. “Serena?!?”




Author: That’s all for now ^_^ hope you enjoyed and please review.




Converting /tmp/phped44ON to /dev/stdout