Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Free Me of My Demons ❯ Chapter 21 ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: Wow it's been a long time! Sorry for the wait, life has been crazy! I had a child, plus major writer's block, and a crap load of computer malfunctions (-_-) I think I rewrote this chapter like 5x! I hope I've finally gotten over my blockage and have this story flowing again. Well I hope you enjoy ^_^
Disclaimer: I don't own SM of GW
Rei jumped up from her cross-legged seat on the floor, her eyes wide with shock. “Oh my God, Serena!” She took a few steps towards her friend, now furrowing her brows.
“What the hell are you doing here?!”
Serena rolled her eyes leaning heavily onto Heero, the exhaustion finally taking its toll on her. “Nice to see you too, Rei.”
Rei furrowed her brows, eyeing the weariness upon Serena's face. “What's going on Serena, you look faint.” She shifted her narrowed amethyst eyes upon Heero. “And who is he?”
“Heero Yuy.” replied Heero in monotone causing the priestess to arch a brow in surprise.
Rei turned from the perfect soldier, placing her full attention upon Serena once more. “What is going on Serena?”
“I used too much energy.” She looked up at Rei, stifling a yawn. “Darien came for me.”
At those words, Rei stiffened. “Are you…” she paused looking towards Heero cautiously. “Alright?”
“Don't worry about Heero, he knows…” Serena's knees suddenly buckled beneath her and with Heero's quick reflexes, he was able to scoop up the blonde bridal style before she collided with the floor.
“Follow me.” replied Rei, leading the perfect soldier out of the room and down the rather dark hallways of the shrine. Neither one of the hall's occupants spoke a word as Rei lead the way and stopped before her bedroom door. Opening it, she revealed a very clean bedroom and she ushered Heero over to her futon.
“You can lay her down there.” said the Miko, crouching down beside the futon along with Heero. The perfect soldier settled the blonde down on the futon and Serena stifled a yawn with a hand. With drooping eyes she looked upon her best friend.
“Contact the others.”
With a quick nod, Rei stood to her feet and exited the room, quietly closing the door behind her to perform her task. Once Rei had left the room, Heero began to slowly trail his fingers through Serena's hair, concern present on his face.
“Are you sure you're alright?”
Serena stifled yet another yawn, giving a small nod. “Yeah…the sooner I talk to the girls, the better.”
“You need to rest.”
“I know…I will soon enough.”
-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-
Rei closed her bedroom door behind her and quickly pulled out her communicator from within her priestess robes. She flipped it opened and hit the contact all button and within a matter of seconds all seven of the sailor scouts blinked upon the screen.
“What's going on?” questioned Amara first.
“Serena is here.”
“WHAT!?” screamed all of them in unison.
“She said she wants all of you here now.” replied Rei.
All the scouts nodded. “We will be there soon.” replied Lita and soon all the screens blinked off.
Rei closed her communicator and placed it back in its rightful place. She quickly headed towards her bedroom and entered the room. She paused in the door as she watched Heero running his fingers through the blonde's hair lovingly.
She couldn't help the smile that came across her face as she saw that Serena too looked upon the perfect soldier the same way. Maybe the princess has finally found her true prince to whisk her off her feet. She silently eyed Heero wearily…she didn't know anything about him and if he crossed the line, she wouldn't hesitate to beat the hell out of him.
She suddenly jumped as she heard a pounding on the front door and she quickly spun on her heels to go open it for her friends. Throwing the door open, she was surprised to see all seven sailor scouts standing before her anxiously.
“Where is she?” demanded Setsuna, her brow twitching in annoyance. The princess knew that she wasn't supposed to be back here and she was disobeying orders from the Queen herself…the hard-headed little heifer!
Rei smirked at the expression on Setsuna's face and stepped to the side to allow her friends' in. “She's in my room.”
Setsuna marched her way down the hallway and towards Rei's room, the other scouts following closely behind her.
-/-/-/-/-/-/-
Serena suddenly shot up, nearly colliding heads with Heero and began to look from side to side with a look of panic on her face. Heero grabbed her shoulders to steady the blonde, concern once again appearing upon his face.
“What's wrong?”
“Setsuna is coming and she's pissed!”
Heero furrowed his brows in confusion. “That green haired woman? Why would she be mad at you?”
Serena jumped to her feet and ran for the window above Rei's bed with new found energy, throwing open the window, she climbed up on it and was half way out of it before she paused and began to answer Heero's question.
“Yes her…and she's pissed because I'm in this time line…I disobeyed my orders.”
“But how do you know she's angry.”
“I can see her pissed fumes from here!” she exclaimed as the bedroom door was thrown up, causing Serena to nearly fall out of the window. Heero jumped and had his gun cocked and loaded, pointed between Setsuna's eyes within a matter of seconds.
The action only seemed to anger the time senshi as she stormed her way across the room, slapping Heero's gun wielding hand from her face and grabbed a hold of Serena before the blonde could jump to her freedom. Setsuna dragged the blonde from the window and had her in a headlock before the girl could scream bloody murder.
“What the hell are you doing back here?!” yelled Setsuna, putting more pressure around Serena's head.
Serena grunted and tried to pull her head free but it was all in vain. She sighed heavily and suddenly relaxed her posture.
“You can't man-handle the princess!”
The Sailor Senshi began to giggle at the scene as the remark only caused Setsuna to tighten her hold. “Answer the question!”
“Darien came for me….”
Setsuna suddenly pulled up with her arms so Serena was eye level with her and she scanned the girl for any injuries that could have been from Darien. “Are you okay?”
“Yes I'm fine…and we need to talk.”
The time senshi nodded, releasing her death grip. “Yes we do…I need to talk to you about Small Lady from the future.”
Serena lowered her eyes as tears burned within them. “I know…I found her.”
A hushed silence swept over the room and Setsuna swallowed deeply, afraid to know of the outcome…seeing that the pink haired child wasn't there.
“Where is she?”
“I brought her back to the future to her mother…where she passed away.” Serena's voice cracked as she remembered seeing Rini's brutally battered form…how the child died in her mother's arms and faded away.
Setsuna clenched her jaw with a frown…she fought back her tears over the little girl's fate and proceeded to ask more questions. “What did the future look like…how was the Queen?”
Serena looked upon the Senshi of time with dark eyes. “It disappeared…the Queen…she was calm…like scary calm.”
By this time, all of the Senshi had gathered into the room and took a seat around it. Setsuna narrowed her eyes…she wasn't quite grasping what the young blonde was saying.
“I don't understand.”
Serena sat herself down on Rei's futon and sighed heavily. “I guess I'll start from the beginning. Rini came to me in a dream a few hours ago telling me that Darien is coming and that he wasn't who we all thought he was. Well I wake up and heard a loud thumping noise, so I decided to check it out. Low and behold, it's Darien standing over my daughter's cradle. A long story short, a fight broke out and I was able to hurt him enough to get him to retreat. After that I came back to this dimension so I could find Rini. I found her at some abandoned warehouse and she was really hurt…she asked me to take her home so I did.”
Serena paused, crossing her legs and looked around the room to see all eyes were intently on her. “When I arrived at Crystal Tokyo everything was gone but the Palace and it looked like it was dissolving itself. We went inside and I gave Rini to the Queen…Rini passed away…after some moments the Queen talked to me and told me what was really going on. She told me that we were able to destroy Wiseman's body, but was unable to destroy his soul and out of desperation he possessed Darien. Wiseman has been amongst us this entire time and he as well was able to take Rini hostage.”
Serena shook her head. “All this time…” she whispered softly, deep sadness flooding her eyes.
Setsuna swallowed deeply as she took the story in. “Did the Queen say anything else?”
The blonde nodded. “Yes…she said that the future we had seen is gone.”
“What the hell you mean it's gone?” screeched the inner senshi and Setsuna in unison.
If the topic at hand wasn't so serious, Serena would have giggled at all of the girls' expressions. “The Queen said that once I left, that everything will disappear…the future is what I make it. She told me to do as I've always have done…and that's to follow my heart.”
“What's your heart telling you to do now?” questioned Mina curiously.
“To fuck Wiseman up!” growled Serena, her eyes holding the truth behind her words.
The girls busted out into a fit of laughter and Mina shook her head. “Besides that, what's the plan?”
Serena sighed once again. “You guys need to come to the dimension that I've been living in.
“WHAT!?!” screamed all of the Senshi and even Heero had to arch a brow at the idea.
“Wiseman isn't here anymore; the fight will be in the other dimension.”
The room fell silent as everyone contemplated the princess's words. Setsuna suddenly nodded, shifting garnet eyes upon the princess.
“The Inners will go with you. The Outers and I will stay here to make sure that there are no attacks here. Once we are positive that everything is safe, than we will join you.”
Serena nodded. “That sounds like a plan.”
They all stood to their feet and within a matter of seconds, the Inners were being pushed through a portal before any of them could protest. Serena stood outside the portal with Heero standing beside her.
She turned towards the former 01 pilot. “Go on ahead I will be there soon.”
“Hn.” Heero stood his ground as he shifted his gaze towards the three Sailor Senshi he had never seen before. Serena placed her hand upon her lover's shoulder, noting his untrustworthy gaze.
“I'll be fine Heero…just wait for me.”
The brown haired teen clenched his jaw but nodded his head in defeat. “5 minutes or I'll be back in here.” With that, he disappeared into the portal as Serena shook her head. The young princess than eyed the rest of the Outer Senshi she had yet to meet. She looked upon the short ha­ired blonde with piercing green eyes.
“Uranus.”
“Amara.” nodded the blonde with a smirk. Serena returned the smirk, than shifted her gaze upon the aqua haired woman.
“Neptune.”
“Michelle.” replied the senshi of the sea with a warm smile. Serena returned the smile, than looked down upon the girl shyly looking up at her.
“And you must be Saturn.”
The girl nodded. “My name is Hotaru.”
Serena grinned. “It's nice to meet you Hotaru.” The fragile looking girl blushed deeply and shifted violet eyes to her shoes, causing Serena's grin to widen; the young princess than shifted her gaze upon Setsuna.
“How long do you think it will be before you decide that this world is safe enough to be left alone?”
“I don't know, hopefully soon.”
Serena nodded slowly, turning her gaze towards the portal that was now beginning to close. “You guys be careful.”
“I think we should be saying that to you…Wiseman is in your world.” whispered Hotaru as she shyly looked up at her future Queen.
Serena smirked arrogantly. “I won't need to worry about him for a while.”
Setsuna rolled her eyes and pushed Serena towards the portal. “Don't be so cocky, keep your guard up! Please be careful!”
“Yes mother…” muttered Serena as she stepped into portal.
Setsuna sighed heavily as the portal closed into mere nothingness. She turned to look up at Amara as the tall blonde slung an arm around the time senshi's shoulders.
“You think she will be alright?”
Setsuna smirked, turning to look up at her comrade. “It's not her that I'm worried about.”
Michelle arched a brow questioningly. “What do you mean?”
“Wiseman has toyed with the wrong person in the worst way possible…he really doesn't realize what he's gotten himself into.”
“Because all the Senshi know who he is and now we're on to him?”questioned Michelle.
Setsuna shook her head. “We are the last of his worries…Serenity is the one he needs to worry about.”
“What do you mean?” questioned Amara.
“That girl is very powerful, far more powerful than any of us gives her credit for…and she knows how to control her power quite well. Though there's one problem.”
“Problem?” questioned Michelle.
“Serenity will have to stay clear headed…keep her thoughts pure.”
“So what's the problem then?” questioned Amara curiously.
“Wiseman has hurt Serena more than any of us could possibly understand…He used and abused her and has been torturing her for a long time…I know the princess has much hatred and anger burning deep inside of her. Those types of emotions with corrupt her power.”
“Corrupt it? I don't understand.” replied Michelle as she took a seat on Rei's futon and pulled Hotaru onto her lap.
“The Imperial Crystal's power comes from the purity of its beholders heart. Serena has the purist heart of anypne in this galaxy and that is what makes her so powerful. Now the problem is, is when her heart is tainted with anger, hatred and such, the crystal will deflect the dark feelings away and onto its beholder, consuming them.”
Amara, Michelle and Hotaru looked upon Setsuna blankly.
Setsuna sighed heavily. “In other words…we will have a blood thirsty moon princess on our hands.”
Hotaru's eyes widened. “So what do we do to prevent that?”
“We can't prevent anything; we just have to hope that Serena can keep a hold of her emotions. Though, if she cannot keep control…that is where we step in.”
The three outer senshi furrowed their brows, looking upon Setsuna wearily. “What do you mean?” voiced Amara.
Setsuna swallowed deeply, turning hard eyes upon her comrades. “Amara, Michelle and I will have to kill the princess while Hotaru prepares herself to end the world and re-create it.”
Michelle let out a small gasp as she felt her heart begin to thump wildly in her chest. “Isn't that a bit extreme?”
The time Senshi shook her head. “I wish there was another way…but there isn't. If the princess was to get to that point, there is no stopping her. She will destroy everything in her wake…the power of Saturn is our only resort.”
Hotaru frowned deeply, not liking the idea at all. “We have to make sure that doesn't happen…do the Inners know about this?”
“No they don't and the Inners are not to be informed of this either. They have a very close relationship with Serena and she is their family; they will protect her to their dying breath; they are very loyal. If they were to know that she must die and that we are the ones that will have to do it…the Inners will turn on us in a heartbeat to protect her. We must keep this quiet…if things were to go wrong, we will have to jump in quickly and finish the job.”
Setsuna looked upon her comrades and saw the dread upon their faces. She herself hated the idea, but there was nothing else she could do. Sighing deeply, she began to head towards the door.
“I think it's time for us to leave.”
The other three nodded and they all silently made their leave, all lost within their own thoughts.
Author: Well, that's all for now ^_ ^ I hope you enjoyed and please review.