Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Battle of Hearts ❯ The Letter ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Do I have to repeat myself over and over and over…ok ok then I don't own anything except Amari.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: Well here's another chapter!

Everyone: *groans* yey.

SSU: What?!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^

Amari awoke the next morning feeling groggy from the medicine that she had been put on for her leg. She squinted at the morning sun peeking through the window.

"Ah it's morning already?" she asked herself. She glanced around to find Yugi and Grandpa still in their sleeping positions from the night before and she found Yami asleep in his chair also. She got up to stretch but winced as she quickly grabbed her bandaged up leg and sat back down.

"You lost a lot of blood last night." said Grandpa getting up from his resting-place. "Here let me fix you some breakfast."

Grandpa headed to the kitchen. Amari just stood up again with better balance this time and headed for the stairs, trying not to wake Yami and Yugi.

"I'm going to go take a shower, Grandpa. Ok?" she said as she limped slowly up the stairs.

"Ok but don't take too long up there or your breakfast will be cold." Grandpa warned still in the kitchen.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

An evil laugh echoed through the darkness of a small room of some sort. A man in a white tux sat on a stool holding a cigar. You could see everything except for his face, which was hidden in the darkness.

He was staring into a whirlpool of water and smoke. Inside the whirlpool an image appeared of Amari limping up the stairs.

"I've finally found you." said the man, "And this time you won't escape me."

Then he snapped his fingers and a letter suddenly appeared on the guess room's dresser, which happened to be right next to the bathroom, where Amari was now taking her shower.

The man began to laugh menacingly as it echoed through the darkness.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Amari walked out of the bathroom drying her hair with her towel.

"I need some clothes until I can get to my place." she said to herself. She walked over to one of the drawers on the dresser and pulled out a black shirt and a pair of jogging shorts and put them on. The shirt was a little big on her but not by much.

"This must be some of Yami's clothes that he wears when he's out of the puzzle." she said.

As Amari was closing the drawer the letter on top of the dresser caught her eye.

"What's this?" she asked opening the letter. It said…

Dear Princess Universe,

Go to the place where you were once taken from this world. There all you questions will be answered.

Amari's eyes widened as she read the letter. When she was done she filpped it over and back looking for a signature but found none.

"Who wrote this?" she said laying down the letter. She pondered for a moment then put the letter in an empty drawer.

"Amari?" called Grandpa coming up the stairs.

Amari whirled around and stared at the opened door. Grandpa walked in the guest room holding a tray with some food on it, not looking up.

"I decided that I don't want you to have to come down those stairs again so I brought you your breakfa--" he stopped in mid-sentence as he noticed that the room was empty.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: Sorry that this chapter was so short, but I'll make it up to you.

Yami: *whispers to Joey* I bet you ten bucks that she forgets.

Joey: *ponders* Hum….. Ok deal.

SSU: *glares at the two*