Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Battle of Hearts ❯ Angel ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Yea you've heard it a billion times by now and I'll say it again…I only own Amari and none else!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: Ok, people. Listen up! This is a little song-fic-ish chapter. And this is my first so don't hate me if it's bad I'll get better! I loved the song and I just thought that SOME of the words go with the chapter. I realized that not all of the words go with it and if you don't get some of it …then….oh well. Also there are 3 scenes in the chapter, one is with Yami, another with Yugi, and another scene that took place in the distant past (around 5000 years ago) with Princess Amari. You'll find out later about that scene. Just trust me on this one. This song is by Sarah McLachlan and its called Angel. Enjoy!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

* Spend all your time waiting
for that second chance *

Yami ran through the night's rain holding Amari's limp body in his arms.

"Hang in there Amari! We're almost there!" he said to her.

*for a break that would make it okay
there's always one reason

to feel not good enough *

Princess Amari walked beside the garden's fountain. Her dark blue dress shimmered as she walked. She stared into the clear water with sad eyes. She held a white flower in her hand. One of her servants came up behind her.

"Princess? Your mother is looking for you. She awaits your decision." said the servant.

Princess Amari slowly nodded and a single tear fell from her cheek as she threw the flower at her reflection. She slowly turned and followed the servant out of the garden.

* and it's hard at the end of the day
I need some distraction
oh beautiful release*

Yugi looked at his watch as he sat on the windowsill next to the door of the game shop.

"Where are they? They should be home by now. I hope that nothing bad happened to them." he said to himself as stared out of window into the rain.

*memories seep through my veins

let me be empty

oh and weightless and maybe

I'll find some peace tonight*

Princess Amari pushed open the door to the throne room, and stepped inside.

* in the arms of an angel
fly away from here
from this dark cold hotel room *

Yami glanced down at Amari and saw her hand lightly resting on her henshin wand in her short's pocket. The symbol on her forehead was fading.

* and the endlessness that you fear
you are pulled from the wreckage
of your silent reverie *

Queen Sora looked down at her daughter standing before her.

"You know what could come of you… if you go through with this?" said her mother.

"I have no other choice, mother."

The queen nodded in agreement and sighed. "Very well, proceed."

* you're in the arms of the angel
may you find some comfort there*

Yugi continued to stare outside into the rain until he spotted a figure in the distance running fast towards the shop. Once the figure was a little closer he could see that it was Yami with someone in his arms.

* so tired of the straight line
and everywhere you turn
there's vultures and thieves at your back*

Yami looked at his surrounding without stopping. He glanced into the dark allies and streets as he passed and clung to Amari tighter than before.

"I have to get her to Yugi! He's the only one that I can think of that can save her! I must hurry." he said to himself.

* and the storm keeps on twisting
you keep on building the lie*

Yami kicked the door of the game shop open and rushed inside.

"Yugi?!" he called panting heavily.

"What is it Yami. Where were you and where's……" Yugi's voice tailed off as he looked at the person he was holding.

"Amari!?"

* that you make up for all that you lack
it don't make no difference
escaping one last time *

Princess Amari held her hands in front of her chest as if holding a ball. She closed her eyes and concentrated on her hands. Soon a small golden light began to appear in front of her chest, in between her hands.

*in the arms of an angel
fly away from here
from this dark cold hotel room*

"Yugi, she's hurt." Yami said revealing her bleeding leg.

Yugi winced at the site and called, "Grandpa! Amari's badly hurt! Hurry!"

Grandpa ran down the stairs and took one look at Amari and her condition then said, "Yami lay her over on the couch. Yugi go get a warm cloth, blanket, and the first aid kit. Quickly!"

The boys did as they were told as Grandpa grabbed a few pillows and followed Yami.

* and the endlessness that you fear
you are pulled from the wreckage
of your silent reverie*

Yugi returned with the things that he was told to get and handed them to Grandpa.

Grandpa quickly cleaned Amari's wound with the warm cloth and took out the first aid kit.

Yugi sat Yami down in a nearby chair and handed him a blanket.

"Yami? What happened out there?" he asked.

"Once I had caught up to her in the park she was leaning against a tree clutching her leg. I was going to run over to her but she seemed to be talking to someone. It looked as if to be a ghost or spirit of some sort. The spirit wore a sailor scout outfit similar to Amari's. I could only make out a few words at a time because of the rain…." said Yami.

"Like what?"

"The spirit said something about the kingdom being attacked and that she was forbidden to say more."

* you're in the arms of the angel
may you find some comfort there *

Amari slowly awoke to the sound of voices. She felt a warm blanket on her body. She slowly got up but winced at the sharp pain in her bandaged up leg. She looked around the room and spotted only Yami was awake as Grandpa and Yugi slept in their chairs next to her. She stared at Yami for a while.

"I know what you did for me……thanks" she said.

Yami smiled at her and blushed. "You're welcome. How are you feeling?"

Amari nodded. "Nothing that a little pain reliever won't cure." she joked.

Yami laughed but then became serious. "So what are you going to do?"

"Huh? About what?"

"Your kingdom? I mean was it being attacked?"

Amari became sad as she began to remember what Pluto had told her. " I don't know, Yami."

Yami continued to look at her at her. *She's so torn in between two different worlds* he thought.

"I have family in both worlds. But it is my destiny to protect my kingdom" Amari held her henshin in her hand, staring at it.

"What does your heart tell you to do?" asked Yami.

"I made a promise with myself," she clutched her henshin, "….that I would protect my kingdom. But….I just don't know anymore." she said as she looked out the window at the now clear night sky.

* you're in the arms of the angel
may you find some comfort here *

A tear fell from princess Amari's face as the light in her hands grew larger. She looked into her mother's eyes as tears streaked her mother's face as well.

"I'm ready." said Princess Amari as she slowly closed her eyes.