Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Battle of Hearts ❯ The Past ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Yeah, yeah you know what goes here.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: Ha! This chappie is long and satisfying! I did promise that I'd make it up to you didn't I?

Joey: *smiles from ear to ear* Pay up Yami!

Yami: *glares at SSU and gives Joey $20*

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^

Sailor Universe walked down a lonely sidewalk towards the park. The streets were empty for it was still very early in the morning. She continued to walk into the park feeling the warmth of the sunrise on her body. She looked around cautiously, her face filled with sternness and curiosity.

"I wonder….." she said to herself.

She made her way past some bushes and she soon found herself in the same spot that she had found herself just 10 years ago when Pluto had abducted her.

She waited for a moment. "Where is this guy?"

Suddenly the ground under her began to shake violently.

"What the--" she said trying to keep her balance.

The ground continued to shake and soon she lost her footing and fell, but instead of hitting the ground, a black hole swallowed her up.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yami slowly awoke from his sleep to find the living room empty except for Yugi, who was still asleep. He slowly stood up and rubbed his eyes.

"Well that was weird." said Grandpa coming down the stairs holding a tray of food.

"What is?" Yami yawned.

"I swore that I heard Amari in that room but when I got there she was gone." said Grandpa, puzzled.

Yami was now completely awake by now and looked a little worried. "What do you mean `gone'?"

"She said that she was going to take a shower and then when I went up there to give her breakfast she was gone."

Yami quickly turn around and shook Yugi awake. Yugi grunted and slowly opened his eyes. "Huh?"

"Did you ever happen to wake up and see Amari leave the house?" asked Yami, sounding very serious.

"No, why?" asked Yugi.

Yami quickly let go of Yugi and rushed up stairs.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sailor Universe slowly opened her eyes and looked at her surroundings. At first everything appeared blurry but it soon began to come into focus. She sat up and clutched her head.

"Ow!" she groaned. She slowly lifted her head and looked around once more. The place was pitch black. She could barley see anything except for a light shining on a black stool in front of her.

"Where am I? And what is this place?" she asked.

An evil laugh echoed though the darkness, making Universe jump.

"Let's just say that you're not in Kansas anymore." laughed the voice.

"Who said that!?" shouted Universe.

"I thought you'd never ask." said the voice.

Soon a man in a white tux appeared on the black stool, he had long jet-black hair. He had a black patch on his right eye with a white star on it.

"Who are you and where am I?" shouted Universe trying to stand up, but with no luck.

"My name is Polaris, and you're in a temporary dimension in between the world that were raised in and the world that you love so dearly."

"WHAT?!" asked Universe in shock.

Polaris ignored her out burst and continued. "I've been searching for you for a while, princess."

"What do you mean?"

"I've been jumping from one dimension to the other looking for you in hope that one day I would find you. So that I may finish what I should have finished a long time ago."

"I don't understand."

Polaris closed his eyes. "I'll never forget that day… when the Negaverse finally got the guts to stand up to the Universe Kingdom. I was finally chosen to be one of the top generals of the army that was going to bring down the Universe Kingdom. Which was called the Black Universe." He paused to make sure that Universe was listening and continued.

"The key was an element of surprise, and it worked. We attacked swiftly and without mercy…"

----------Flashback-------(thousands of years ago)-----

The sounds of swords and other weapons clashing together echoed through the air. Fire was everywhere and some people were running from their homes and screaming.

This was music to the young general's ears. He was covered from head to toe in armor with dirt and bloodstains on his skin and face. (Warning: This could get ugly!) He slowly walked up the palace steps heading for the Universal throne room.

Suddenly a young sailor scout rushed up to him with her sword in hand. "Stay back!" she shouted.

The general just smirked. "My dear Princess Uranus…. You know for a fact that you can't defeat me."

The young scout trembled a little but stood her ground with her sword still at his throat. "Polaris, I won't let you go any farther!" she hissed through her teeth.

"Don't make me do this, Princess Uranus." He warned.

"I won't let you though!!!!!" she screamed wildly. The war had nearly made her insane.

Polaris shook his head. "Tisk tisk, Uranus, so young and naive" he joked evilly. As soon as he spoke those words a blue ball of energy formed in his hand and he thrust it into her stomach, making her hit a large pillar behind her.

The young scout looked into his eyes in pain and she slid down the wall to the floor, barley alive.

Polaris stepped over her and continued to walk toward the palace's throne room.

Moments later the throne room's doors flew open, and Polaris stepped inside. The throne room sparkled with light as if to have never been touched by soiled hands.

"Give it up, Queen Sora! We've finally won! Nothing can save you now!" he yelled into the empty throne room. His voice echoed through the room.

Suddenly he noticed a light appear at the other end of the room, then it grew bigger, and bigger.

"What the--" he said just before he was hit with the light. The light was so strong that it slammed him into the wall behind him.

"Ahhhh!" he cried as the light continued to press him into the wall.

--------------------End of flashback--------------

"I later figured out that the source of that enormous light was you." said Polaris, looking up at Sailor Universe, who was still on the floor.

"Me?" asked Universe sounding confused.

"Yes, you must have been the last resort, a secret weapon. That light sentenced me to another dimension outside of the solar system. Later I found out the full purpose of that light. It was to wipe out all the evil within a certain range, luckily the main force of the Negaverse had squeezed through the Universe kingdom's barriers before you unleashed your certain power, but later they had to retreat."

"I don't understand. That couldn't have been me. I'm here. Unless you're saying that I am thousands of years old, you got the wrong girl," said Universe.

Polaris chuckled. "Don't you know anything about your past?"

"In-lighten me."

"Ok then, after your little stunt everything was sentenced too be reborn again but thousands of years into the future. But there was one consequence to your daring operation. Somehow you were sent to another dimension and were reborn there."

"Well if all this is true, why did you come back when I can just pull that stunt again?"

"Because, I know you enough to know you won't do it, you can't do it." said Polaris.

"And why not?"

"Two reasons, one is that you're not as strong as you were back then. Your love for these certain humans have stunted your growth in power." he said revealing his little portal showing a picture of Yami, Yugi, and his friends. "The other reason is that I have studied all techniques of you and of the other sailor scouts including your cousin, Sailor Moon. Therefore making me unstoppable." Polaris said, smirking.

"We'll see about that." said Universe, finally standing up and forming a fighting stance. She cupped her hands together in front of her, and soon a ball of energy formed in her hands. It continued to grow until it was about the size of a beach ball. She targeted Polaris and shouted, "UNIVERSE STAR CRUSH!!!!"

She flung the ball of energy towards Polaris.

Polaris just yawned and raised his hand, and with a simple flick of his hand the ball of energy deflected off of him and hit Universe head on.

"Ahhhh!!!" cried Universe in pain as she fell to her knees.

"It's going to take more than that to defeat me, princess" Polaris laughed evilly.

He stared at the fallen scout as she tried to stand up again with no success.

"I could destroy you right now, if I wanted. But that would be too easy. I need to make you suffer slowly." he said. Then he got an idea. "And I got just the trick!"

Polaris lifted his portal again showing the picture of Grandpa, Yami, Yugi, and his friends.

Universe looked up to see what he was showing her. Her eyes widened as she saw what was in the portal.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yami ran up to the guestroom and looked around. He noticed some clothes of his were missing, and there was a wet towel on the floor right next to the dresser.

Yugi and Grandpa ran into the room, panting.

"Yami, what's this all about?" asked Yugi.

Grandpa gave a brief summery of what was taking place while Yami continued to look around.

"She couldn't have just left without a good reason." He said as he started to look through the drawers. Then he spotted the letter. He quickly opened and read it. His eyes widened as he read the letter. Once he was done he crumpled it in his fist. "I know where she is."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Polaris smirked at Sailor Universe as she looked at the picture that was put in front of her.

"No! Leave them out of this!" she demanded as she tried to stand up again.

"I don't think so. They look like the perfect candidates in order to make you suffer. You seem to love them and their way of life."

"No I won't let you hurt them!" she shouted as she raced toward Polaris. But before she could get to him she fell into another black hole.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yami walked into the park enterance followed by Grandpa and Yugi.

"We'll split up," said Grandpa as they all wet in different directions.

Yami continued to walk straight having a good idea of where she might be.

"Amari?" he called out as he looked around.

He walked past the spot where Amari had fallen just last night. "AMARI?" he continued to call.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Amari?"

Amari eyes twitched at the sound of someone calling her name, and then by the second call she slowly opened them. She sat up and looked around. She was back at the park and once again in Yami's clothes.

*What happened? I never meant to detransform. * She thought to herself.

"Amari?"

She turned around at the sound of Yami calling her.

"I'm over here!" she called back as she tried to stand up. She heard Yami push through some bushes and run to her side.

"Amari are you ok? What happened to you?" asked Yami.

Amari tried to stand up. "I-I just had to go for a walk that's all."

"Really does that involve the use of your powers?" he asked as he tried to help her stand up.

"What?" asked Amari just before she fell back down. Yami quickly reached out and caught her before she could hit the ground. Her arms were thrown over his shoulders making their noses almost touch. She nearly put her whole weight against him. They stared into each other's eyes for a moment before they let go of each other and looked to the floor.

"So…..um where were you exactly?" asked Yami breaking the silence.

"I just told u. I went for a walk, that's all."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Amari, I read the letter."

"What?"

"I know why you came here."

"Yami…." said Amari.

Suddenly they heard Yugi making his way through the bushes, calling their name.

Amari quickly grabbed Yami's hands and held them tightly. "Promise me that you won't tell anyone? Promise?" she said looking deeply into his eyes.

Yami paused for a moment. "Ok, I promise."

"Thank you." She said just before Yugi caught them in his sight. They quickly dropped their hands and stared at him.

Yugi eyed them suspiciously. "Where'd you go, Amari?"

"Oh, I just decided to take a walk that's all," smiled Amari.

Yugi looked at Yami, who just nodded and smiled, innocently.

"Ok, whatever. Let's go, ok?" asked Yugi as he left the scene followed by Amari and Yami.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Polaris chuckled as he watched the group leave the park.

"My dear princess, you're in for a rude awakening." He said laughing into the darkness.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^

SSU: Ok well I finally got this one up! I hope you like it! If it was a little confusing don't kill me! I'm only human!

Yami: Really? Hey, I learned something new today!

SSU: Just you wait, Yami. You'll get yours in the end!