Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Battle of Hearts ❯ The Final Battle (part three) ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Does it look like I own Yugioh?….*waits* ….I don't think so…

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A single tear falls to a golden floor.

"I'm so sorry…" whispers a girl, her heart shattered.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yami leaned on both hands on the clear barrier in front of him. He stared in shock of what had just occurred.

"What just happened?" he asked, still in shock.

"Polaris took away the only main source of power that she had left and with no strength left in her body…I'm afraid that she didn't have the strength to protect herself," answered Pluto looking at the floor solemnly.

Joey stared out the through the looking glass, he too was in shock, "Without the prism as her life force that would mean she's--"

"No! Don't you dare say it!" commanded Yami, quickly turning to face them, trying so hard not to face the truth.

Tea walked up to him and put a hand on his shoulder, but he quickly pulled away. "Yami…"

"No." he said firmly, "She's not….she's not dead ok?…She's not…"

Yami turned back to the wall and stared at the only girl he had really loved, but never had he gotten the chance to tell her the truth. "She's not…"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yugi clung to the bars of his cage, tears filling his eyes as he stared at his fallen sister. *There's no way she's dead. Something tells me that Amari is still in there, fighting.* he thought to himself, praying that he was right, but quickly loosing hope.

"Amari…please just wake up…please…" he called out again.

"There's no use trying, little boy. Your sister is gone." stated Polaris, still observing his sword, "And now I posses enough power to control the universe!" he laughed insanely and thrust the sword in the air. `The time… The time is now!"

Suddenly, the same golden light that had illuminated Sailor Universe earlier, flowed out of the blue sword and began to illuminate Polaris. Then it lifted Polaris high in the air, then stopped. Polaris looked up at the now golden sword, "Powerful night crystal atheme! I call you forth to bring me ultimate power! Now lend me the powers that you now hold, so that I, Polaris, MAY RULE ALL!!!!!!!!" he shouted, then he gave another evil laugh.

Within a blink of an eye a blue electric energy bolt shot out of the sword and encircled Polaris with it. The golden light grew and in a matter of seconds the golden light had reached the lengths of the entire upper part of the large dome.

His laugh now echoed through the air. Uranus and Neptune just stared at the ground not wanting to see what monster was being formed just above their heads. Yugi was transfixed on his sister's limp body, still pinned to the wall.

##########

"Ah! What's happening?!" shouted Joey, shielding his eyes from the intense light.

" Polaris is transferring Universe's power out of the sword and into him! If he survives he'll be one of the strongest beings to have ever existed!" shouted Pluto, trying to talk over Polaris's laugh.

############

Suddenly the blue electricity shot straight through Polaris's body and in the blink of an eye his current clothes vanished and in its place was a black tuxedo with blue line stitched into it. Now, the patch on his eye turned black with a white star on it, along with a blue lightening bolt running through the star.

##############

Meanwhile, Polaris had stopped laughing, making it a bit quieter at the bottom of the dome.

Yugi swallowed hard, "Am-Amari? Can you hear me? Please wake up…Please?" he begged.

Silence.

"I know…I know you're still in there. I can feel you… your presence. I know we haven't spent as much time together has we could have but I feel that I've known you all my life. I fell as if you never left. At first when you came here I was scared. I was scared because I didn't know what to expect, but now I know… Now I know that you are exactly the way I pictured you in my dreams. I always wanted a sister, and now…and now I have one and… I just don't want to loose you again. You're the only family I have left. Don't leave me. You're my sister and… I love you…" said Yugi as tears began to stream down his face.

Memories began to flow back to him. "Ever since we were little, I always had one important memory of you that I'll never forget…"

~*Flashback (10 years ago)*~

Little Yugi ran through the house with a small airplane in his hand. Then he tripped and fell hard on his face and began to cry.

"Yugi?" came a soft voice behind him. An older child around the age of four, quickly walked up to the crying boy. She was a small girl with brown hair pulled into two pig-tails, she had big blue and violet eyes that glistened when she came near.

Amari lightly lifted her brother off of the ground and put him in her lap. She hugged him from behind and began to slowly rock him back and forth. This made Yugi's cries go down to a few whimpers.

"Shhhh… its ok Yugi. I'm here now. Don't you worry about at thing, I'll always protect you. Promise." she whispered to him sweetly.

~*End of Flashback*~

"You always swore that you'd protect me. Even to this day you tried so hard to save me, even if it meant sacrificing your own life for me," more tears fell down his face, "Please don't leave me now… not now, not like this. Please, I love you too much to let you go."

Just as his tears left his face and splashed on the cage floor, Amari stirred a little. Her eyes shuttered a little as if they had felt the tear drops descend.

#########################

The white light finally died down and slowly vanished, all was left was a new floating Polaris, slowly descending to the ground. Blue electricity still encircled his hands and fingers. His feet lightly touched the golden floor, leaving him to stand there with another evil smirk.

He walked over to Yugi and the two scouts. "Well what do you think?" he asked turning around to show off his new outfit.

The two scouts shot him a dark glare while Yugi didn't even bother to look. He was still in shock of what had happened to his sister.

Polaris noticed this and grew annoyed. "Oh give it up little Yugi! I took the only think she had left. She's dead!"

"No! She's not dead! I know it!" shouted Yugi with rage, then he paused and turned back to Amari, "She can't be…"

"Well she is… look," he said, and with a wave of his hand the golden bands that pinned Amari to the wall disappeared and Amari fell to a heap on the ground.

Yugi's eyes widened as he watched his sister fall to the ground, "Amari…please no", and with that his heart shattered as he stared at the ground, crying silently.

The more Yugi's tear hit the ground, the more something deep inside Amari's body awoke. Something that Amari hadn't felt for years. Then her eye lids fluttered but remained closed, "Yugi…" she uttered.

Suddenly Yugi stopped crying and looked up at Amari's fallen body as if he had heard her.

"Now is the time for a new era! One that I will rule once and for all. The only thing that could have stopped me is defeated and now I can declare myself ruler of the Universe!" shouted Polaris, looking up toward the heavens with outstretched arms.

"You're wrong!" shouted Yugi.

"What!?" asked an annoyed Polaris as he lowered his hands and stared at Yugi. "What do you mean?' he asked, glaring at him.

"It's you who'll be defeated Polaris!"

"What do you mean?' he asked, still glaring at him.

"Yugi!'" warned Uranus. Yugi turned and winked at Uranus, while the two scouts shot back curious looks.

Then Yugi turned back to Polaris, "What I mean is you'll lose. You're nothing but a weakling that has to use other people's powers to get to the top."

"Shut up!' snapped Polaris.

"If you ask me, Amari is still the higher being because she possessed them in the first place. Deep down you're too weak to rule!"

"I said…SHUT UP!" he shouted as he shot out a huge black and blue energy ball at Yugi's cage. Yugi's eyes widened as he went to the back of the cage and braced himself as the energy ball hit the cage at full force.

The force was so great, greater than anything Yugi had ever felt before, next thing he knew he was hurling through the air.

Uranus and Neptune gave shocked looks at the eminse power that had come from Polaris, "Yugi!!!" they both called out.

###########

"Oh my god! Yugi!" shouted Tea running to the window.

"What happened?" asked Joey peering through the window.

"It's Yugi!" shouted Yami, also peering through the window, "Oh no…"

"Yugi doesn't have any powers to protect him from that kind of power! He'll be crushed!" stated Pluto.

##############

The smoke finally cleared leaving the cage busted wide open and Yugi lying on the ground a few feet way, motionless.

"Yugi wake up!" shouted Neptune.

Yugi stirred awake just in time to look up and see Polaris preparing another attack. His eyes widened.

"I'll show you WEAK!" said Polaris as his energy ball got bigger, "Say goodbye little Yugi!!!!!!!"

And with those words he shot the large energy ball at Yugi. Yugi attempted to move but couldn't, *I… I can't MOVE!!!* as if he was frozen in fear.

"Yugi look out!" shouted Uranus.

#########

"YUGI MOVE!" called out Yami.

"Why won't he move!?" asked Tea in a panic.

"I don't know!" answered Joey, "Come on Yug!"

###########

Yugi just stared ahead at the oncoming attack, frozen. All he could do now was close his eyes, waiting for it to hit him.

Suddenly, two strong arms grabbed him and pulled him out of the way. The figure's body was dark, so Yugi didn't have a chance to see who it was. The figure continued to clutch Yugi him their arms, but quickly stumbled and soon tumbled over, both of them landing in a sitting position their backs to Polaris.

"YOU!" shouted Polaris.

##########

Everyone's eyes widened as the stranger's identity was revealed.

"It can't be…" whispered Yami.

###########

The figure began to pant heavily, completely out of breath. Yugi just stared ahead with wide eyes, wondering who was holding him.

"Yugi…" came a soft familiar voice.

Yugi's eyes widened even more as he quickly recognized the voice and slowly turned his head.

"Amari?" he asked, as his blue and violet eyes met with a pair similar to his.

"Yugi…" she whispered, giving a slight smile, "I told you that I'd always protect you."

Yugi returned the smile and was about to say something when Polaris interrupted the reunion.

"You're supposed to be DEAD!" he shouted to her.

Amari shot a dark glare over her shoulder at him.

"What's the matter Polaris?" asked Uranus, smirking.

"Bet this wasn't in your plans, now was it?" said Neptune, also smirking.

"SHUT UP!!!" shouted Polaris, in rage. He turned back to the two siblings sitting on the floor about 30 feet away from him, with their back facing him.

Amari had turned back to whispering into Yugi's ear, Yugi continued to stare ahead, trying to listen to what Amari was saying. "Yugi, I heard what you said."

"Everything?" Yugi felt Amari nod behind his shoulder.

"Yes, and I know I never got a chance to tell you that I had a great time with you, and that I love you too. You're my brother and I'll always protect you, with or with out my powers."

Yugi gave a curious look, "Wait what do you mean without your powers?"

Amari ignored the question and looked over her shoulder again, seeing the rage that was building up inside of Polaris and then turning back.

"Yugi, listen to me." she said, very anxiously, "You have to get out of here."

"But how?"

"You need to go and somehow free Uranus and Neptune, they'll know the way out."

"But wait, what about you?"

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine."

Meanwhile Polaris was firing up another black and blue energy ball, "Fine then! I'll destroy you both!"

Amari looked over her shoulder again, and turned back to Yugi, even more anxious, "Yugi please! Promise me you'll get out of here!"

"I can't leave you!"

Then, with a flick of his writs he shot the energy ball towards the two siblings, "TRY THIS!!!!!!"

Amari quickly turned her head and her eyes widened as she saw the attack heading straight for them.

"Hang on Yugi!" she said, wrapping her arms tightly around him, protectively.

Yugi, not knowing exactly what was going on, clung onto his sister's arms, feeling her tightly hugging him from behind.

Finally the attack hit them with full force.

"AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" Amari screamed in pain, but quickly tried to bite her lip hoping that Yugi wouldn't notice that she was in pain. But it was too late, Yugi had heard his sister's cries and knew what had happened. He quickly turned his head and looked to see an attack hitting Amari at full force in the back.

"Amari!" he shouted, wide eyed.

Finally the attack stopped, leaving Amari with a very burned back. Her shirt had numerous cuts and burns on them now, which started to bleed.

"Amari!" he called again. He felt her body nearly limp on his, and heard her groan in pain. But her arms still clung tightly around him, as is they wouldn't budge for anything.

Yugi waited quietly, expecting the worse.

"Yugi?' asked Amari, barely above a whisper, "Are you ok?"

"Yes, are you?" asked Yugi, relieved that she wasn't dead.

Once again, she ignored his question. "Yugi, you have to get out of here. Promise me that you will."

"But--"

"Promise me!"

"Ok, I will, but what will happen to you?"

"I have to do something that is inevitable for me to escape,"

Yugi's eyes widened, he didn't exactly know what she meant but he had a feeling that it wasn't good.

#############

Polaris stood there staring at the two siblings. He still couldn't believe that she was still alive. Anger and frustration grew inside of him.

"That's it! Enough games!" he shouted in frustration. Then he closed his eyes and gathered all the new power he had earlier received and formed the biggest energy attack he had ever created.

"Let's see you try to survive this one princess!!!" he shouted, "TIME TO DIE!!!!!!" And just as those words were spoken, he thrust his attack forward straight towards its target.

#######(at the same time)########

"What's that?!" asked Tea, starring at the huge energy ball.

"Amari get out of the way!!!!!" shouted Yami through the glass.

Pluto stood there starring at the ball, fear in her eyes. "Oh god…" she gasped.

###################

"Inevitable? What do you mean?" Yugi asked.

Amari had heard Polaris, and she knew what he had just done. She had to act quickly before it was too late. "There's not time to explain." she answered him, quickly.

"But--"

"You have to go, now!" She could feel the heat of the attack coming closer.

"Amar--"

"GO!!!!" and with that she stood up and took him by the arm, and gently flung him towards the wall in front of them.

Yugi slid to a stop on the floor, as his back hit the wall. He looked up, unharmed, just in time to see Amari come in contact with the attack.

At the last minute, Amari turned and quickly crossed her forearms into an "x", bracing herself as she allowed the attack to hit her. The attack slammed against her as a very small shield formed around her. But just as it had formed, the shield slowly began to vanish. Amari was slowly losing her strength.

Polaris continued to force energy out of his hands, he could se her small shield being engulfed with the black energy.

But for some reason Amari remained calm. She gently closed her eyes and began to concentrate.

//"Sailor scouts, I need your help. I can not defeat him alone. Please lend me your powers!"// she told them through her mind.

##############

Pluto listened to Amari, and when she was done, Pluto new what to do.

#############

Uranus and Neptune had also heard Amari's plea. They turned to each other and nodded. Then they stared ahead with their eyes closed as their plant signs appeared on their foreheads.

//"We're here for you Amari!"//

###############

Pluto also closed her eyes and her sign appeared on her forehead as well.

//"Princess…"//

Suddenly purple energy shot out of Pluto's sign and easily broke the glass barrier that had separated them, from Amari.

##########

Gold and Blue energy also shot out from Neptune's and Uranus's signs, along with disintegrating the chains that held them.

The three forms of energy met and flowed into Amari's body. Then the Universe signed appeared on Amari's forehead just as Amari opened her eyes. "UNIVERSE PRINCESS POWER!!!!!!!!!!"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: Ok well here's the deal I think I'm going to be able to finish this story in about a few chapters. I'm sorry about the wait. My busy life is starting up again but don't worry. I'm not forgetting about my faithful readers and reviewers. Hopefully these last chapters will be very good. I will probably have the next chap up as soon as I can. Thanks for the people that have reviewed lately. I continue to ask you to review because it really does motivate me to write faster and better. Please R&R! ^_^