Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Battle of Hearts ❯ A New Friend ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Yugioh.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"I am the protector of the universe! Sailor Universe!"

Yugi stared at the tall girl in amazement. * Is this my sister?* he thought *Is this the same Amari that has been my sister for so long? But how?*

"It's called magic Yugi."

*Is it really?* he thought.

"Yes Yugi. You've seen it before don't look so surprised."

*Yes Yami your right I have seen it before! *

"Well……?"

Yugi nodded to himself and pulled himself together. He looked around and saw everyone else in awe as well.

Sailor Universe's eyes narrowed at Yugi and she walked up to him inches from his face. She stayed in that position for a couple of minutes and then steps back. *I'm sure that I felt something very powerful around Yugi * she thought. She stares at him until she realizes that there are more than just Yugi still in the room.

She turns to face them.

"Whoa! That was unexpected!" Joey said still in awe.

"Yeah……hey you and Yugi have a lot more in common than you think because he has the mill----ouch!!" Tristan yelled after Tea purposely stepped on his foot. " Hey! That hurt!" he said tending to his toe.

Sailor Universe cocked her head to one side with a confused look on her face.

"Oh you know Tristan, always kidding around! Heh heh heh!" Tea covered with a big innocent grin on her face.

"Hey what are you talking about?! I wasn't-------OUCH!!" She stepped on his foot again "Will you stop that!?"

Universe started to giggle. Tea and Tristan stopped their death glares at each other and looked at her. Then Universe stopped her laughing and became serious again. She pulled out her transforming stick ( henshin wand as I like to call it) and de-transformed into her original self. She sat back down beside Yugi.

"You know…" she closes her eyes and a laughs to herself, "I'm glad to be here with you guys. I barely get to hang out with my friends back home. I feel so comfortable here. You have so many powerful friendships with each other, as if you were all one family. I wish that I could have been there….you know… when it all started." She looks up at them.

Grandpa gets up and walks over to Amari. "But you were with us Amari." He said smiling.

Amari looked up at him looking confused.

"You were always with us…..in our hearts." he said finally. Amari smiled with her eyes glossy.

"Thanks Grandpa! I really needed that." she said. Then she gave him a big hug.

"Well… now that the reunion is over. Let's get something to eat! I'm starved!" Joey said.

Grandpa released Amari and nodded in agreement.

^^^^^^^^^^^^Later that day^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Wow! Now that was what I call a meal!" Joey said rubbing his stomach as they left the diner.

"Hey Amari! Maybe we could all do something together tomorrow. What do you think?" Tea said.

"That would be great! Like what?" asked Amari.

"I dunno, maybe-----well----something." said Tea trying to think.

"I know! How about a movie!" said Tristan.

"Nah"

" A dance club?"

"Nuh-uh"

"We could go to the gym and lift weights!"

"No way"

"Ahhhh! Then what Miss. I-always-have-an-idea-about-everything!?"

"I dunno"

*Tristan does an anime fall * "Argh! So I went through all that trouble to think of places to go and you don't agree with any of them?!" he yelled.

"Yeah"

Tristan cools off and sighs. "Your hopeless!"

"Thanks!" Tea said giving the adorable face.

They passed by a sign that caught Joey's eye. "Hey you guys! Check this out!" he said.

They all stopped and looked at the sign Joey was reading.

"What does it say, Joey?" Yugi asked.

"It says that the annual festival is in town and anyone that is 16 or younger gets in free! But the last day is tomorrow!" he gets an evil grin " Are youz guys thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?"

"Yeah!" Tea squeals, "That's perfect! That's a great idea Joey! Well, better than any of Tristan's." ^_^

Joey reveals a large grin. Tristan starts to steam.

"Uh-oh! He's going to blow!" yells Yugi.

"Ahhhh! Uh Tristan, buddy ol' pal, you know that I didn't really mean that! Heh heh heh heh!" said Tea stepping back.

"O'really!!!" Tristan gets even more steamy.

"Ahhh! Uh lets meet at the park at 10 am. Ok?! Ahhhhh!" Tea breaks out in a run.

Tristan runs after her yelling "I'll kill you!"

*Everyone else gives the anime sweat drop *

"Uh….ok…well, I'm gone. C'ya tomorrow Yug, you too Amari! Bye!" Joey said as he made his way across the street towards his house.

"Well Amari, do you have a place to stay or do you want to stay with us? We have an extra room." Yugi said politely.

Amari smiled. "That's ok, Yugi. I'm renting an apartment until I settle down and everything, but thinks for the offer."

"Oh ok….well if you ever need anything just tell us. Ok?"

"Sure!"

"Well I better get going before it gets too dark. Bye Amari!"

"Bye Yugi!" *There's something very fishy about Yugi that wasn't there before. Hummmm* she thought.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The next day everyone meet at the park as planned and as usual Tristan was late.

"Is Tristan always this late?" Amari asked.

Yugi and Joey sighed. "Sadly, yes" Joey leaned back in a bench. "I`ve almost gotten used to it!" he said.

Yugi sat on another bench across from Joey's, and Amari sat beside him. "So Yugi. I've heard that you have become a champion with Duel Monsters."

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"Well I had to get some information about what you've been up to for the past 10 years."

"Is that all you know?"

"Yeah…. I guess…. should I know something else?" she asked kind of confused.

"Uh… I guess not…..well…" he trailed off. *Not yet anyway * he thought.

Amari was about to ask again but was interrupted by Tea. "Hey look! It's Tristan!"

"Finally!" said Joey.

"Ok I have a good excuse this time!" Tristan said out of breath.

Tea rolled her eyes. "Oh here we go! What is it this time! Is it the "slipping in the shower" one? Cause we already heard that one."

"Ok first of all that was the truth! This time I slept in." he corrected.

"Whatever!"

Yugi looks at his watch. "Uh guys, we better get going or we won't have any time left."

"Ok, Yug. Let's go." said Joey.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^At the festival^^^^^^^^^^^

**Note: Picture the scene as the fair or something ^_^**

"Wow this is great!" yelled Yugi over the band's music in the background.

"Yeah!" said Joey giving a thumbs up.

"So Amari what do you want to go on first?" asked Tristan.

"Uh… I dunno…. whatever you guys decide I'm all for it!"

"Great!" yelled Tristan jumping up in the air. "I wanna go on that one!" Everyone looked in the direction that Tristan was pointing. He was pointing at this huge upside down, loop-de-loop, "ride at your own risk" rollercoaster.

"Oooooh no! My stomach hurts just looking at it!" Tea said.

"Yeah Tristan. I don't think that I'd make it though the whole ride." said Yugi.

"You mean that you won't make it through the line!" Joey joked.

"What do you mean `I won't make it through the line!'" Yugi said mimicking Joey.

"I mean that you have to be a certain height to get on the ride!"

"So are you saying? That I'm too short to get on a ride!!!"

"Mmmm…..maybe"

* Yugi does the anime fall *

"Ok you guys cut it out! Tristan, maybe we could go on it last. You know `save the best for last'?"

"Ok. You promise that we'll go before we leave?" Tristan childishly asked.

"I promise." She said sweetly "Ok lets get something to eat!"

"Oh yeah! I'm starved!" said Joey jumping up in the air.

^^^^^^hours later^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tristan and Yugi were getting of a ride laughing together. They were meet by Joey (holding a bag of popcorn), Amari, and Tea.

"Hahaha, That was great!" Yugi laughed.

"Yeah." said Tristan.

"Hey you guys! Have fun?" Tea asked.

"Yeah!" they both said in unison.

Amari noticed a "fair" game behind them, (you know that one's with the stuffed animals?) then she got an idea.

"Oh how I'd love to have that cute little blue bear over there! I wonder if a cunning, athletic, strong man could get it for me!" she played.

Joey with a mouth full of popcorn jumped at the opportunity. "Mummufmumfduomit!" he said with the popcorn still in his mouth.

"Uh what was that Joey? I can't understand you?" she asked.

He took one big gulp and swallowed his food and then repeated "I'll do it!!"

"Oh ok cool! Thanks Joey!"

He smirks and they walk over to the game. "Hey folks! Would you like to give this game a try, sir? I bet the young lady would love the prize!" a man with a microphone said coming over to them.

"Yeah sure I'll try. What do I have to do?"

"All you have to do is see how many of these bottles you can hit down. If you hit 3, you get a small prize, and if You hit 6 or more you get a large prize." The man informed.

"Ok I'll buy 6 balls."

Joey handed the man his money. Then the man handed him the balls. Joey tried his best but he only hit 4 of the bottles.

"Sorry sir, you didn't get enough for the large prize but you can get one of the smaller prizes." said the man. "Which one would you like?"

"Uh…. Amari?"

"Hummm…That one's cute!" she said pointing to the little bear that she was talking about earlier.

"Ok, here you go, ma'am," said the man handing the bear to her and then going to another customer.

The others stood in the distance behind them. "Oh Yugi! Tristan!" Tea begged grabbing Tristan's arm and cuddling against him giving both Yugi and Tristan the "puppy dog face". "I wanna bear! Please!!!!"

-_-0 "Sorry Tea. I'm broke." said Tristan.

Tea looked over at Yugi.

"Me too, Tea. Sorry." said Yugi.

"Ah man! That sucks!" she pouted.

Amari and Joey walked over to where they were. "Cute bear!" Yugi commented. Tristan turned to see an old man selling duel monster cards. "Hey look over there you guys!" he ran over to the man. "How much are you selling for this card?" he said picking up a 1st edition Man-eater Bug card.

" 21.95 in American dollars." said the old man.

"What are you nuts! That's way too much for this card."

"Either you buy it or get lost. I have more important things to do than mess with you." the man snapped back.

"Well!"

By now the others had made their way to where Tristan was. "What's going on here Tristan?" Joey asked.

"This old man is wanting me to pay too much for this card!" he said furious.

"Calm down Tristan. I'm sure that there are other places to buy cards than just here." said Yugi.

Amari noticed the variety of cards that the man had laid out. She lightly ran her finger over the cards. "Man! He has a lot of cards!"

"Huh? Oh that's nothing!" Joey said pulling out his deck. "Everyone needs a good many of cards to have a decent duel."

"Oh." She said looking surprised that Joey was a duelist too. "Um Yugi do you have a deck like Joey's?"

"Sure!" Yugi reveled his deck. He handed it to her for her to look at.

She scanned through and pulled out the Dark Magician. "What's this one?"

"Oh that's the Dark Magician! Yugi uses that one a lot. It's his favorite." Joey said.

"Interesting." she said staring at it. She felt a strong power surrounding it like it did to Yugi sometimes.

"Yeah." Yugi said nervously, taking back his deck and his magician before Amari could figure out anything else about it.

//"Yugi, why are you being so protective of this?"//

/"I don't want her to know yet"/

//"You know that you can't hide this from her forever."//

/"I know"/

Something suddenly struck Amari's thoughts. * There it is again! And it's coming from Yugi! But what is it? * she thought. She looked down at his millenium puzzle. * I think it's coming from that thing.*

"Hey the line for the Ferris-wheel is really short! Come on you guys!" shouted Tea.

(There wasn't enough room for all of them to fit in one cart so Yugi, Tristan, and Tea went on one and Joey and Amari on another.) It was starting to get dark and once they had gotten on the ride it was totally dark, reveling the city's lights. (It's was very romantic if you ask me)

"Wow! It's so beautiful at night!" Amari said looking outside their cart.

"Yeah." Joey said staring at Amari.

"I've almost forgotten its beauty! Man I missed it so much!"

"Amari?" Joey said lightly touching her hand with his.

"Huh?" realizing what he had just did. "Uh, yes Joey?"

"You don't like your other home do you?" he said curiously.

"What do you mean?" she started to feel uncomfortable.

Realizing this, Joey pulled his hand away from hers. "I- I mean…You sound like your other home wasn't that important in your life."

"Oh…" she turns to look out over the city again, "Joey, I don't ever mean to insult my other life and home, it's just that I miss this place so much that compared to my world… this one seems to make me feel more comfortable and at home."

"Oh, if you don't mind me asking what is you other world like?"

"Well my kingdom was very beautiful and large. I had to train everyday with my powers, and everywhere I went, a crowd always surrounded me. I never had any privacy. My parents were always working, and when they did have time for me something would come up and one of us had to leave. I couldn't go very far from the palace unless I had a guard or a sailor scout with me. I think the most fun that I remember having was the little time that I had with my friends. That's why I adore Yugi's friendship with you and the others because I never had that kind of relationship." She looked up to see Joey staring at her again she began to blush, she giggled a little and said "Oh you just probably think that I'm some spoiled girl who complains a lot."

"Oh no. I don't think that at all! I think that you have an interesting story to tell. And if you really need a friend, I'm always here."

"Thanks Joey!" she leaned over and hugged him tight. Joey excepted the hug and blushed. Then they noticed that the ride had stopped and the ride manager, Yugi, Tea, and Tristan were all staring at them. They let go and got of the ride slowly. Amari and Tea went ahead, leaving the guys to follow. Tristan and Yugi started to snicker.

"Watch it!" warned the embarrassed Joey.

They reached the festival exit. "Well I guess it's time to go. It's getting pretty dark."

"Hey wait a minute! What about my ride!" shouted Tristan.

-_-0 "I was hoping that he wouldn't remember!" said Tea cursing herself.

"Tristan! Ah man do we have to I mean I just ate popcorn not to long ago!" said Joey.

"Tristan, it's getting really dark and it might rain!" Yugi informed.

Tristan looked turned helplessly at Amari. "Amari?" he pleaded.

Amari shook her head. "I'm sorry Tristan, but I'm going to have to agree with Yugi."

"Nooooooooo! But you guys promised!"

Tea was getting a little aggravated. "Oh let it go Tristan! I'm cold, tired, hungry, and broke! Now lets go!"

Tristan gave in and said "Yes mommy."

"Now that's a good boy!" she said patting him on the head.

They started to walk home and slowly everyone split into their own directions except for Joey and Amari. Joey then offered to walk Amari home. It started to pour and they looked for some shelter from the rain. As they walked into a dark ally 5 men confronted them. They appeared to be from a gang. Two of them grabbed Joey while the other 3 went for Amari.

"Hey what's the big idea?! Let go!" shouted Joey.

"Time to give your girl here some little schooling! Heh!" one of them said.

Joey tried to make out a face but the darkness and the rain shadowed their faces. Then he realized what the guy just meant. He turned to see Amari slowly walking into their trap.

"No! Amari! Look out!" he yelled to her.

"Huh?" Amari who had been walking a little ahead of Joey stopped and turned to see him being held by two shadowy figures. "What the-?" Then she noticed that 3 more figures had her surrounded.

"Hey girly! Wanna have some fun?" one said.

"Get lost, creep!" she snapped back. Then, one of the men lunged at her. She turned and kicked him hard in the stomach.

"Oh so you wanna dance is that it? Come on!" another said as he grabbed her shoulder. She grabbed his hand and flipped him forward making him land on his back. The two holding Joey, let him go and went to go help their buddies. One tried to punch Amari, but she ducked and he hit the brick wall behind her.

"Ow!" he yelled in pain and when he turned to try and hit her again but she dropped and swiped his legs out from under him with one movement. Then with out her knowing, the other two snuck up behind her and held her in place.

*I can't move!! * she thought. By now the men that had been knocked down were slowly recovering. One of them got up and slapped her.

"You arrogant witch!" he yelled. He lifted her head so that he could see her face, making her look at him. "What the heck were you thinking when you thought that you could take The Bandits? Huh?" he threw her face to the side and stepped back, "Answer me little girl!"

She looked up and said arrogantly "I dunno it sounded like a good idea at the time."

"Why you little--!!" he was about to slap her again when ----POW!!!!--- Joey had rammed himself into the man knocking him down. "Hey!" another man said forgetting about Amari. He grabbed a pipe that was near by and started to beat Joey with it.

"Joey!" Amari yelled. *Well, now that I'm free of two men, all I have to do is get the other two to let go. Hold on Joey! * she thought.

Once the two were distracted by the action with Joey, she stamped on one's foot, which made him release her arm, and then she punched the other with her free hand. She had just enough time to take out her henshin wand and to transform.

She thrust the wand into the air. "Universe Star Power!" she called.

[Transformation sequence]

"UNIVERSE TIARA MAGIC!!!!"

A frisbee of light was thrown at the man that was still hitting Joey, and when the man lifted his pipe for one last blow…… it was sliced in half. The frisbee of light returned to its owner…..Sailor Universe, and the light died down revel her tiara which she placed on her forehead. The men were dumb founded. She turned and glared at them.

"Who-Who are you!?" one asked.

"I'm Sailor Universe. Protector of the Universe and you are?" she said casually.

"GONE!!!" they all said in unison running away as fast as they could.

She smirked at their cowardliness. *Look at them run! Ha!* Then something hit her. *Oh no I forgot about Joey!* She started to panic. She the scanned the area and then she noticed a body lying on the ground, motionless.

"Oh no! Joey!" she yelled as she ran to his side de-transforming on the way. When she got closer to the body stirred and tried to get up, but his legs slipped out from under him, and he fell back down.

"Joey!?" Amari called. "Joey please answer me! Joey!" she rolled him over and he faintly looked up at her. He tried to speak. "Joey please don't try to talk! You're hurt!" tears filling her eyes.

"Amari? I'm I dead? Are you my angel?" he asked faintly.

Tears steamed down her face. He was fading and she could barely hear his words. "Joey just-just hold on ok!? Please for me!?"

He slowly nodded his head and then his body went limp.

"No! Joey!?" she cried. She rested her head on his chest while a tear fell on his hand that she was clutching.

Then, all of a sudden Amari started to glow. Then the light surrounding her spread through her hand and into Joey's. In a moment he was bathed in the same light. She looked up to see Joey's body come to life again. Then she closed her eyes and held his hand tightly and then they both vanished.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^

SSU: Ok this is probably the longest chapter or even paper that I have EVER written!! My head hurts, now.

Tristan: You can say that again! I'm STILL reading it!

Yami: Hey when do I get to be properly introduced? You know to Amari?

SSU: I'm going to try to get you introduced in the next chapter, but I'm not making any promises!

Joey: I'm I going to be ok? I mean, I don't DIE or anything do I?

SSU: *smirks* Wouldn't you like to know.

Joey: Oh please tell me!

SSU: I can't Joey, not until the next chapter. *crosses arms* You'll just have to wait.

Joey: *frustrated* Fine!

SSU: *giggles* Ok you guys out there! I did what you requested, and if anyone else would like to give his or her opinions of my story, you're welcome to do so! ^_^