Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ The Battle of Hearts ❯ Secrets ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own yugioh. But I do own Amari. So beat that! Ha!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: Ok I think I got it.

Yami: Got what?

SSU: A plot.

Yami: ……oooook

SSU: I've been having writer's block lately and I think I have something. I've also been busy.

Yugi: *just now waking up* Uh…Wha-What happen did I miss anything?

SSU: I've gotten an idea yugi!

Yugi: Oh ok if that's all….. *goes back to sleep*

SSU: *rolls eyes* Anyway I hope everyone will like it.

Yami: I'm sure they will…. *Lays on couch and closes his eyes*

SSU: YAMI!!!!!!

Yami: WHA---!!! *falls of couch*

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Oh no Joey!" a voice screamed.

*FLASH*

Yugi's eyes snapped open. He looked around. He had been lying on his bed thinking of the wonderful day that he had, when he had drifted into a deep sleep. He thought of what he had dreamed but pushed it to the side thinking nothing of it. Then the phone rang.

He waited for grandpa to pick up the phone then yelled "GRANDPA!?". No answer. He shrugged and slowly picked up the phone. "Hel-Hello?"

A gentle voice came from the speaker. "Yugi?" It was Amari.

He could tell from her shaky voice that something was wrong. "Yes?"

"I-I……" she tried to speak but she couldn't get the words out.

"Yes? Amari what's wrong?"

"It-It's Joey"

^^^^^^^^^^10 minutes later ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yugi rushed into the hospital. Looking for Amari or anyone for that matter. The hospital was deserted. He ran to the front desk. He was about to ask the lady at the desk , but someone caught his eye.

Amari sat with her arms crossed in a waiting chair out side of a room. She had a few scratches and a bandage on her face and her hair was damp. She looked to be in deep thought. He ran over to her. He stood in front of her for a moment. She seemed to not notice him. So he put his hand on her shoulder. She slowly looked up.

"Huh?" she said "Oh it's you, Yugi" she revealed a small smile.

"Yeah, is he ok?"

"I don't know yet he's still in intensive care. I'm just so worried Yugi. I just didn't know what to do. I should have gotten to him first. I could have stopped them sooner before…." she trailed off. A single tear ran down her face. She quickly wiped it away before Yugi noticed.

Yugi looked at his sister, feeling the same hurt that she had felt. His eyes grew soft. This was his best friend in there. He didn't know what to say to lighten the mood. He had a feeling that Joey would be fine. He could feel it in his heart. He was just worried about his sister. She was really hurt, he could see the pain that she was feeling in her eyes. His heart ached in pain to see her like this. But what could he do? Then he had an idea.

"Uh Amari? I have something to show you." He looked down at the floor. "I haven't been completely honest with you."

She looked at him and sniffed "Huh? Wha-What do you mean?"

"What I mean is that I've been holding something back. " he said holding his puzzle. He looked around to see that no one was watching but her. Then his puzzle began to glow in a gold light that blinded Amari for a second. When she was able to see she could make out a taller version of Yugi standing beside him. He looked fearless with his piercing eyes. He looked around her age. She at once was startled at the sight but then her feelings turned to into a feeling that she hadn't felt in years. She felt as if she had expected this.

"Uh um…uh Amari this is Yami, Yami this is Amari." introduced Yugi.

Yami stepped forward and took her hand and gently shook it. "Nice to meet you, Amari, I've heard quiet a bit from Yugi about you." he said.

"Uh …well thanks"

They stared in each other's eyes then ****FLASH****

There stood a young girl looking out at the sunset. She was wearing a navy blue dress with gold lining. She turned and was then held in the arms of a taller figure looking to be a man also dressed and ancient eygptian clothing.

**FLASH**

"Huh!?" Yami said quietly as he and Amari both quickly jerked their hands apart.

*Whoa! What was that?!* Amari thought suddenly.

Yugi stared at the two. He felt strange when Amari and Yami stared at each other. As if they had known each other for years. Their thoughts were soon interrupted by the doctor that came out of Joey's room. At the same time, Tea, Tristan, and Grandpa ran up to him.

"Yugi!" Tea called.

Yugi turned to greet them. "What are you guys doing here?" he said.

"Your grandpa told us what had happened and we came over as fast as we could. Is he going to be ok?" Tea asked full of concern.

"I think that I can answer that." said the doctor.

"Well……?"

The doctor cleared his throat. "Joey…uh has suffered severe damage in his rib cage leaving him with a few head injuries and a few broken ribs, but he will be fine." he looked at his chart that he was holding. "We would like to keep him here for a couple nights to see if he progresses if anything changes we'll let you know." With that he began his way down the hall.

"I'll call Joey's parents and let them know the news." said Grandpa as he made his way to the front desk.

"Well what do we do now?" asked Tristan.

"I guess we just wait" said Yugi sitting down in a chair. The others did the same.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Hours later^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yami woke up to the sound of Amari stirring beside him. He sat up and looked around. He could see that everyone was sleeping soundly. He looked at the sleeping Amari that was curled up beside him. Where had he seen her before? *If I could remember my past a little better that would help* he thought. He noticed that the door to Joey's room was now open so he got up and walked inside the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Amari's Dream ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amari glanced out of her balcony. The sun was setting. How she loved when she had time to watch the sun go down. It was the highlight of her day. Then a tear streaked her make up. *Too bad that I don't have anyone to share the joy of this wonderful scene* she thought.

"Princess?" asked a voice behind her.

She turned quickly to face the figure. It was her good and loyal guard, Isamu.

"Yes Isamu?"

"Your mother is waiting for you."

Amari nodded and left the balcony with Isamu.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ End of dream ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amari suddenly awoke from her dream and looked at her surroundings. Everyone had passed out. Tristan was stretched out on the chair across from her, Tea and Yugi were curled up on the lobby's couch, but she couldn't seem to find Yami anywhere. She was about to get up and start to look for him when she heard some commotion in Joey's room. She got up and peeked into the room. She saw Yami sitting in a chair beside Joey's bed. Joey wore bandages left and right. He had his shirt off and rapped around his rib cage were more bandages. He also seemed to be conscious because he and Yami were both talking.

"Hey Yami, what are you doing outside of the puzzle? Is something wrong?" asked Joey faintly.

Yami chuckled. "No Joey. Yugi just introduced me to his sister Amari."

"Oh. Isn't she great?"

"Yeah, she's very nice. She acts a little like Yugi."

"I'm flattered." giggled a voice behind them.

Amari came up to them and sat in another chair that was beside Yami.

"Uh, hey Amari. We didn't know that you were back there," said Joey "You kinda surprised us."

Amari giggled again. "Well I guess I'm just full of surprises."

"Yeah." Joey laughed.

"So are you feeling any better, Joey?" asked Yugi as he came into the room.

"Uh yeah actually. In fact I bet you that I could sit up straight right now!" Joey tried to manage to sit up but he just winced and lied back down. This reaction made everyone jump toward him and they helped him to lay back down.

"Watch out Joey! Don't over do it!" warned Tea as she and Tristan walked in.

"Ugh, this is all my fault, Joey. I should have done something sooner!" said Amari.

"Nah, it couldn't have been your fault, Amari. If it weren't for you I probably wouldn't even be talking to you right now!" said Joey.

Amari just smiled. "I guess you're right."

"I know I'm right."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Later that night, Yami and Yugi walked home together from the hospital. Joey's nurse had advised that they should come back tomorrow, because Joey needed his rest. But before they had left the hospital, Amari mentioned that she needed to go shopping and that she would love for them to come and help her move into her new apartment. Of course everyone agreed and they all scheduled to meet at the Game shop at 12:00 and then afterwards, they would make their way to the hospital to visit Joey. It started to become colder the more Yugi and Yami walked. They both gripped their jackets tight around themselves.

"Man it's cold out here!" said Yugi.

"Yeah, I think it's better in the puzzle!" said Yami trying to laugh a little but huge gusts of the icy wind made him just clutch his jacket even tighter.

They walked a little faster. "So is she pretty much as I described to you?" asked Yugi.

"Who?"

"Amari!"

"Oh…….. yeah. She's cool except….."

"Except what?"

"I don't know Yugi. I'm just having these strange feelings that I've known her before."

"But how?"

"That's what I'm trying to figure out."

By now they were both at the shop's front door. "Well maybe your questions will be answered tomorrow when we help her shop and move into her apartment." said Yugi trying to shake of all of his chills from the weather outside. He took of his jacket and headed towards his room, but he soon stopped and turned to Yami who was still hanging up his coat.

"Hey Yami?" said Yugi.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think that I did the right thing of telling her? You know about everything. It took me a while to tell Joey and the others about you and the puzzle. I mean she just came back."

"Yugi," said Yami coming up to him and putting both of his hands on Yugi's shoulders. "No one could have made a better choice than that of yours, and you know that. Now lets get to bed, we have a long day ahead of us."

Yugi just nodded in agreement and followed Yami down the hall to their/his room.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SSU: Man all this writing is making me sleepy. By the way, guess what you guys?

Everyone: What?

SSU: While I was in the middle of writing this, I went on a ski trip up to WV with friends, and I got snowed in. That's another reason it took me forever to finish. I think I might write a story about all of you getting snowed in like that. Yeah yeah that's what I'll do, and I'll base it on a true story! And by the way, there was some romance going on…. well sort of.

Yami: *rubbing his head from his fall* Good for you.

Tea: *sitting beside SSU* Oh you soooo have to tell me everything that happened! Please!

SSU: You'll find out once I start to write a fanfic about it.

Tristan: Who's it going to be about?

SSU: I dunno. Maybe I'll let my reviewers tell me! Oh that's good! Yeah……… yeah I'll let them decide! SSU you're a genius! *does happy dance* But I won't write anything unless I get some ideas. And the faster you review about this or any other fic of mine, the quicker I'll write. Soooooo……. R&R!!!!