Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Clash of Royal proportions ❯ God Hath No Fury Like A Woman's Scorn ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A Clash of Royal Proportions

Chapter 8

God Hath No Fury Like a Woman's Scorn

Darien ran as fast as he could to the queen, the little sprite by his side all the way. When they reached the throne room, he could hear laughter from inside. He ran into the room with a look of pure fear on his features, "your majesty, something terrible has happened!" he said trying to catch his breath. "My goodness Darien, what ever is that matter?" Queen Selenity said rising from her seat. "It's the princess, she's gone. Someone has taken her!" Darien heard gaps from all over the room, yet the queen seamed quite calm about it. "Oh don't worry Darien, she's probably just hiding someone in the palace." She said smiling. "No she is not! I found this in the garden." He handed the queen the message and the smile faded from her face, "Oh my!" she said. As soon as she saw the message she immediately recognized the handwriting, "It's Diamond." She said in a low voice. "How did you know that?" Darien asked in shock.

"Because my dear prince, I know his handwriting." Selenity said looking at the paper in front of her. "We have to do something!" Darien said looking at the queen. "Darien, no we don't." The queen said looking up from the message. Darien looked at the queen in shock, "How could you say that! Your daughter is in danger and you say we won't do a thing!" he all but scream at her. Selenity raised an eyebrow, and thought to herself /hmm… Darien is really starting to care about her/ she sat back down and put her head in her hands. She sighed as she rubbed her temples, "Darien, you don't understand." She said looking up at the prince. "Your damn right I don't understand!" he said, his fists clenched beside him. "Darien, listen to me. The reason I am not going to do anything is because Serena can take care of herself, she will be home by nightfall." Selenity said looking out the window. Darien looked at her in shock, "How can you be so sure!" he said taking a step forward.

Selenity looked at him once more and said, "have you heard of the mighty sailor scouts?" she asked, placing her chin in her palm. "Yes everyone has heard of them, they are legendary. They are the strongest fighters in the universe, especially their leader, sailor moon." He said trying to see where she was heading with this. "That is my point Darien, they are the strongest fighters in the universe." Selenity said. "But what does that have to do with Serena?" Darien asked raising an eyebrow. "Serena IS sailor moon. That is why I know she can take care of herself." Darien felt like he had been hit with a brick, Serena was the legendary heroine sailor moon!!

~~~~~~~~~ In the dark tower ~~~~~~~~

Serena awoke with a pounding headache; she looked at her surroundings and gasped. "Where am I?" she asked the shadows around her, "Don't worry, you won't be harmed princess." A voice from the shadows said. Serena felt her heartbeat quicken as fear consumed her. The stranger came into the light and she was shocked to see Diamond standing before her. Serena felt her blood boil, "Diamond, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THING YOU'RE DOING!" She screamed at him. Diamond sweat dropped and backed away slowly. "Whoa! Hang on a minute Serena, your mother asked me to do this." Diamond said, his hands up in surrender. Serena was shocked out of her mind; her mother of all people had her KIDNAPPED! "You're lying Diamond, how could you do this to me! I've known you since, since forever!" Serena said and began to wail. Diamond hated to see his friend upset and went to comfort her. Serena felt arms around her and pushed him away and stood up, "Why! Why did my mother do this!" she asked her captor A.K.A friend. Diamond sighed and told her, "Because your mother wanted to see how much this man really loved you." Serena was in shock, her mother wanted to see how much he loved me? What does that mean!

Diamond closed his eyes to think when he found himself on the ground with a splitting headache. "OW! WHAT THE HELL!" he looked up and saw Serena with a plank of wood in her hands and a very pissed off expression. "WHAT DID YOU GO AND DO THAT FOR!" he yelled rubbing his now very sore head. "You deserved it, couldn't you find some other way of getting me, they way you did really hurt you know!" she said swinging at him again. Diamond knew he deserved this, but he dodged out of the way anyway. He came up behind Serena and grabbed the wood from her hand, "Ok Serena I know it would have hurt, but I had to make it look real. If someone had saw it they would have told Darien that you came willingly." Serena stopped struggling against him as he spoke. "You said you had to make it LOOK real, that didn't mean you had to MAKE it real!" She said breaking out of his grip and sulking in the corner.

Diamond sighed, "Well you can blame your mother for this one Sere, not me." Serena looked up and saw the sorrow in his eyes; it made her sad that her friend thought she was angry with them. She smiled and walked over to Diamond and gave him a hug, "it's ok Diamond, I'm not angry with you. Can we go back to the palace now?" She said putting him at arms length, Diamond smiled back and nodded his head. "Good I have a few things I would like to discuss with my mother!" she said through clenched teeth. Diamond gulped thanking the goddess that he wasn't in Selenity position and they started back to the palace.

~~~~~~ Back at the palace ~~~~~~

Selenity was sitting on the throne trying to calm down a hysterical prince when the doors flew open. Selenity looked up to see a very, very mad princess, "EVERYONE OUT!" she said pointing to the door. Everyone got up to leave when she stopped two people, "Darien, mother you stay!" they both had never seen her this angry before and complied without hesitation. When the doors were closed, she turned to her mother, fury burning in her eyes. The queen looked at her daughter in fear /oh crap! She knows! / She thought to herself as Serena took slow steps towards her, each step emphasizing a word. "What… did… you…think…you…were…doing? Didn't…you…know…I…would…find…out!" she had reached her mother by the time she was done speaking. There was a long silence when Darien spoke up, "Ah, did I miss something?" he looked over at Diamond, "and who are you?" Diamond took a bow and said, "I am Diamond." Those three words hit Darien hard, and he lunged for Diamond. Serena saw this and pointed to Darien, "You! Stop right now! If you harm one hair on his head so help me you'll regret it!" Darien stopped and looked at Serena in confusion. "But… he kidnapped you, he's evil!" Serena laughed, "Darien, my mother cooking is more evil that he is." She said tilting her head towards Diamond. Darien looked from the queen, to Serena to Diamond, "Would SOMEONE please tell me WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!" He yelled. "Gladly." Serena said giving her mother a death glare, daring her to speak.

"Well, Diamond over there is one of my closes friends, we have been friends since I can remember. My mother made a plan with him to kidnap me for one reason and one reason only." Serena said still looking her mother in the eye. "And that would be? Darien asked, "To find out how much you really cared about me. And believe me Darien I had NOTHING to do with this mess." Darien was speechless, the queen had kidnapped her own daughter to find out that he cared about her. She had tricked him, and he had let her, he was to say the lease furious. The queen looked at the two and thought /Oh oh, I'm in for it now; I might have been able to handle one furious teenager, but not two. What have I done! / And with that Selenity got the verbal thrashing of her life, she was mortified at some of the words coming from her own daughters mouth, but she knew she deserved all of them… well most of them anyway.

Diamond was sitting in the corner of the room watching this scene with great amusement. They had finally died down when he came forward and spoke, "I have something I wish to say." He walked forward and stopped in front of Serena. Serena looked at him with worry, "What is it Diamond?" she asked him. "I have been meaning to tell you this for such a long time Sere, over the years we have become great friends, we have formed a bond that nothing can break. But over the years my feelings have begun to change, what I am trying to say Sere is that I love you, and I have for a while now." Serena covered her mouth with her hand to muffle her gasp. With everything that had happened that day, this was too much for her and she slipped into the welcome darkness as she fainted and fell to the ground.

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

Well here's another chappy for all of my faithful readers out there, thank you all for you wonderful reviews, I didn't think I would get so many… lol well I told you I had a twist. Diamond is one of Serena's life long friends? Who would have seen that one coming O.o.

Ah fanfic writing is soooooooo fun ^_^.

Well till next time readers have fun!!!!!!!

P.S. And don't forget to REVIEW! REVIEW! REVIEW!!!!!!

Sayonara! ^_^