Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Clash of Royal proportions ❯ Truths & Feelings Revealed ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

I'm trying out something that was suggested to me, saving my chapters as a web page. Cause when I usually post, my words and lines get all squished together. So I hope this is better for all of my favorite readers ^_^

A Clash Of Royal Proportions

Chapter 9

Truths & Feelings Revealed

Serena awoke in her own bed, she vaguely remembered the occurrences the day before and shook her head to clear her thoughts. She stood from her bed and walked to the bathroom to wash herself. When she had settled into the warm bubbles, the memories of yesterday came flooding back to her.

Her mother had her kidnapped, Diamond had made it real, /I'm gunna kill him for that later/ she thought to herself. Suddenly she shot up in the bath, /oh my goddess, Diamond… he… he said he loved me! / She thought to herself as she quickly exited the tub and got dressed.

She ran to the throne room where her mother and Diamond sat chatting about something, she stayed hidden and got closer to hear what was being said.

"I thought you had feelings for her Diamond." The queen giggled at the blush that crept over his cheeks.

"Ahem… yes well, I know that you planned her to marry this Darien of earth. But don't you think that an alliance of our two kingdoms would be more beneficial?" The queen looked at Diamond with a raised brow.

"Yes Diamond, I see your point, but I will not make her marry someone she does not love."

Diamond nodded to her and asked, "If she falls in love with me, will we unite our kingdoms?"

The queen looked at him with worry, "Yes I suppose we will." And with that Diamond took his leave and left a very concerned and worried queen. Serena had a strange and bad feeling about this so she followed Diamond to see where he went.

She walked a safe distance behind Diamond and watched him go inside one of the garden chambers. The door was left ajar so she peaked in, and what she saw made her have to cover her mouth with her hand to stop her from screaming. There standing but three feet away was Beryl!

"Diamond you fool! I need you to make sure you will marry the princess! If you don't Darien will and I can't let that happen, I need the earth for my plan to succeed!"

Diamond looked at her in disgust, "I can't"

Beryl looked at him in shock, "You can't what?" Beryl sneered.

"I can't marry her, yes I love her, but like a brother loves a sister." Serena could hear the pain in his voice.

"Well, it looks like you don't want your love to live after all!" Serena heard a feminine scream, and saw Diamonds face go white.

"NO! PLEASE STOP! I BEG YOU!" Diamond said as he fell to his feet.

"Well then, do as I say. You WILL get that little brat to marry you or SHE dies! Got it?" Beryl was known for her cruelty, but this was going to far, Serena found herself crying along with Diamond; he was going through so much pain.

She ran as fast as she could back to the palace, but stopped at the door. /I can't tell anyone, and then Beryl will know that I know and kill Diamonds love. Looks like I am on my own for this one. / She thought as she opened the door. So much had happened since Darien had come, granted not all was bad but this Beryl character wanted him bad. And by the looks of it will stop at nothing to get him.

Serena was lost in her own little world as she strolled along the hallway, when she ran into something solid. She rebounded off what felt like a brick wall and fell backwards and landed on the floor.

"WHY DON"T YOU WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!" she yelled rubbing her sore behind, not bothering to look up.

Serena heard a deep-throated chuckle, "Umm… I'm sorry princess, but you were the one who ran into me." Serena froze /Not now! Oh god not now! Why does this keep happening to me! Why did I have to run into HIM of all people! / Serena looked up at him and smiled. She stood from her, in her words 'wonderful spot' on the floor and glared at him.

"Well Mr high and mighty, you could have warned me that I was going to run into you!" Serena's glare turned into a sly grin at a thought, "Or did you want to run into me?"

Darien was speechless, but the bright red tinge to his cheeks gave him away. Serena gasped when she noticed the blush, "I… I was only joking. Did you really want to run into me?" She asked, intrigue etched on her features.

Darien stood there, face going redder by the second with an 'oh my god, she knows, what am I going to do!' look on his face.

"Oh my goddess!" Serena giggled, "You like me!" Darien turned and walked away from the most embarrassing moment of his life (AN: has that happened to any of you? You like someone and they find out on their own and then they come and ask you if it's true *blush* it is Soooooo embarrassing!).

"Darien where are you going?" Serena asked catching up with him.

"To my room," Darien murmured under his breath.

"Darien, would you just STOP! I want to tell you something!" Serena stopped placing her hands on her hips and waited for him to stop. As soon as she had spoken, he had stopped dead in his tracks.

"Well… follow me! Come into the library, I want you to sit down." Serena walked down the hall to the library with Darien close behind. "Sit!" she said motioning to a chair, Darien complied with her wishes and sat down.

"Well it's two things I need to talk to you about. Firstly… do you know someone called Beryl?" Serena literally felt the tension in the room grow buy one hundred fold and saw Darien tense.

"Oooook I'll take that as a yes. Well, she's using my friend Diamond to get what she wants. She is holding his love captive to make him do her bidding. From what I overheard, she wants Diamond to marry me, so that he can get control over my mothers' kingdom. And Beryl wants to marry you to take control over your fathers' kingdom, that's all I know for now, but I know what ever she is planning it isn't good. What I think she is trying to do is get both kingdom's under her control, but for what reason I don't know." Serena looked over a Darien who was silent through the whole speech.

"We have to do something!" he finally said, the silence was unbearable to Serena and she was glad it was now over with. Serena looked up and saw Darien staring intensely at her, which was beginning to make her uncomfortable.

"What!" she said glaring at him, all Darien did was smirk.

"What about the second thing you needed to talk to me about?" Serena went as white as a ghost and Darien knew it had to be something important.

"Well… I… um… it's…. it's about h…how I f…feel" She stammered, Darien was confused.

"How you feel? About what?" Darien looked at her like he was trying to figure it out. Serena just stood there, anger reaching boiling point.

"ABOUT YOU, YOU IDIOT!" She screamed and quickly covered her mouth as realization hit her.

Darien's heart skipped a beat, "What are you talking about Serena? Do… you have feelings for me?" the furious blush he got in return, answered his question.

Serena looked over at Darien, tears brimming her eyes, "I…I… love you Darien, no matter how much I try not to, I love you." Darien's heart jumped for joy, the woman he loved, loved him in return. He rose from his seat and walked over to Serena, lifting her face up with his finger so he could look into her eyes.

"Well guess what? I love you too." Serena looked at the genuineness and love that was deep in those cobalt blue eyes, and her heart cried out for joy.

"Oh Darien!" she called as she fell into his arms; he smiled and stroked her hair gently.

Serena looked up and spoke, "I hope we will be together forever!" and with that Darien lent down and gave Serena the first on many kisses that they would share together.

OH how fun was that! ^_^ It's starting to get to the fluff, but there will be more fight scenes as well so don't worry. And what's this! Beryl's in this! Well I thought it wouldn't be the same without good... ahem I mean evil ol' Beryl ^_^

Well tells me if you like ^_^ I know I do! I think this is one of my best chapters, but meh *shrugs* it was fun to write.

Toodles ^_^