Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A Clash of Royal proportions ❯ A Fight Of A Different Kind ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hey people, sorry I haven't updated in Soooooo long, I just had a lot going on and I haven't had time to write.

Warning to all…. Fluff below!!!!!

A Clash Of Royal Proportions

Chapter 10

Fights Of A Different Kind

Serena lay by the lake and watched the earth above her, today seemed so peaceful and calm. /hmm… I wonder what Darien is doing?/ She thought to herself as she closed her eyes. She opened her eyes and shot up into a sitting position as she felt cold and wet all over. She looked over and saw Darien standing there holding his side from laughter by the lake. Serena stood and gave Darien an evil smirk before running towards him and plowing him into the lake. When they both came up for air they laughed, "why did you wet me?" Serena asked with a pout.

"You just looked so peaceful, I couldn't resist," Darien replied with a smirk and kissed her nose. Serena blushed at this gesture because she still wasn't used to the fact that she and Darien were together.

Darien laughed as he saw the blush and asked, 'Why Serena, your face is all red, is everything ok?" Darien knew why she was blushing be wanted to hear her say it.

But instead he found himself submerged in water and he could hear laughter above the surface. When he was allowed to resurface Serena was already on the land and was running towards the palace.

"Oh no you don't!" Darien said as he exited the water and started chased after her. Serena looked back only to see a grinning prince gaining on her very quickly, so she called on the help of some of her friends. As Darien ran after her, he found many obstacles in his way, the wind sprites kept on blowing his cape in front of his face, the tree sprites kept on grabbing at his cape and clothes and the ground sprites kept on making him trip over little things.

Darien knew what Serena was doing and called out, "Hey! No fair! You're cheating!" Serena heard him and giggled.

She called back to him, "All is fair in love and war Darien," Darien smirked at what Serena had said, /all is fair in love and war hey, well in that case I'm going to have a little fun/ Darien thought to himself with a smirk.

Darien disappeared around a corner and Serena lost sight of him, she thought she was safe because her friends could keep him busy while she got to her room. Little did she know that Darien had reached the balcony outside her window and was scaling the vines beside it. When he reached the balcony, he opened the door and found a good place to hide. Serena ran into the palace ignoring comments like 'why are you all wet?' 'Not again!' and 'Children these days!' as she ran up to her room. But before she could get to her room she came face to face with her court that looked at her in shock.

"Sere, why are you all wet?" Amy asked

"Yeah! And why are you in such a happy mood?' Lita inquired.

Mina gasped, "Could it be that you've fallen in love?" mina said jokingly, but all four girls gasped when they saw Serena's face go the deepest of crimson.

"OH MY GODDESS! YOU HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE!" Mina screeched in excitement.

Rei smacked her across the back of the head and sweat dropped, "Not so loud foghorn!"

Everyone gathered around her like vultures, "ok so what is he like? Who is he? What does he do? Where is he from? Does he have any brothers?" the all asked at once.

Serena stood staring at the mouth open in shock, she shook her head, "I'll tell you all later, but right now I must get changed." And with that she left her court behind, but as she walked she could hear groans of disappointment and sighs of love.

As she entered her room something didn't seem right, she looked at the balcony doors but they were shut. She looked down and saw a small trail of water leading to one of her cupboards, she grinned and grabbed a pillow from her bed and walked quietly up to the door. Darien had heard her come in but there had not been a single sound since, he was just about to open the door when it opened and WHAM! He got hit in the face with a pillow.

When he recovered he looked over the pillow at a smirking princess, "How did you know I was in here?" he curiously asked.

Serena giggled, "next time you want to sneak into someone's room, make sure you don't leave a trail to where you're hiding," she said smirking as she pointed to the small trail of water on the ground.

Darien kicked himself mentally for forgetting to clean in up when he had entered, but those thoughts quickly faded as he remembered Serena's words earlier.

Darien smirked and Serena wondered why, "Why are you smirking Darien?" She asked with a grin.

"Oh, no reason, I was just thinking about what you said before… about all is fair in love and war." Darien's smirk grew bigger as the color drained from Serena's face as he snatched away the pillow.

"Y… you wouldn't!" Serena exclaimed as she backed away from the smirking prince slowly.

"Oh wouldn't I?" Darien asked, Serena made a little Eep noise and ran across the room to her bed and claimed a pillow of her own.

"Now it's fair!" Serena said standing in battle stance, pillow ready to attack, a small smile gracing her lips. Darien blinked in surprise, he hadn't expected Serena to grab a pillow of her own and coax him into a pillow fight. Darien grinned as he went in for the first swing, Serena dodged it and hit him in the back of the head with her pillow and jumped on the bed.

"How come you're so good at this?" Darien asked as he too jumped on the bed.

Serena smirked, "Practice, what do you think me and my court do when we're in here having a sleep over? We have pillow fights and we plot pranks to get rid of annoying princes."

Serena giggled at the look on Darien's face, "You mean all of you're court was in on all of those little incidents that happened to me? And so were you?" Darien asked, the smirk and nod from Serena was enough answer and the pillows went flying. There were feathers everywhere when Serena's mother came to check on her, when she came in Darien was on the ground and Serena was about to hit him again with the pillow.

"Oh my! It looks like you two are having fun." The queen said with a grin. They both looked up at the smiling queen and laughed.

"Yes mother we are having fun." Serena said letting Darien get up off the floor, when he had risen he slid his arms around Serena waits and kissed her cheek.

The queen gasped at his gesture and smiled, "So one finally got to you did they Serena?" Selenity asked. The blush and smile from her daughter answered her question, and Selenity's heart jumped for joy.

"Oh we have to start making preparations!" The queen said excitedly.

"Preparations for what?" the both asked.

"Why, for the wedding of course." Selenity said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Mother, do not rush this, we aren't, we will marry when the time is right." Serena said to her mother, Darien's arms tightened around her in agreement.

"Very well, I will not push the matter further, I shall leave you two alone now." Selenity said as she walked towards the door.
"Mother, one more thing, do not tell my court, or anyone else for that matter, let us be the ones to tell them." Serena asked her mother, a nod from her mother told her she would not tell anyone and she left.

Serena sighed and lent back into Darien's arms, "This is nice." She sighed as she closed her eyes. Darien smiled and kissed the top of her head; he wouldn't let anyone steal Serena away from him, not now that he knew she loved him back.

"Darien, I love you." Serena said turning in his arms to look into his eyes.

"I love you too my dear Serena," He said as he lent down and gave her a sweet, yet passionate kiss. Serena melted in his arms and Darien had to tighten her hold on her to stop her from falling. /So fragile, yet so strong… You really are one in a million Serena/ he thought to himself as they broke off the kiss. He looked down and saw Serena fighting to keep her eyes open, he lifted her off the ground and carried her over to the bed and laid her down.

He was just about to leave when he heard her speak, "don't leave, lay with me please," Serena asked. Darien walked over and laid on the bed next to Serena who curled up against him, her head on his chest. She could hear his heart beating and smiled, Darien laughed, Serena looked up at him and smiled again.

"Why are you smiling?" Darien asked looking into her deep cerulean eyes.

"I'm smiling because you are wonderful, kind, gentle, handsome, compassionate and mine." Serena said with a smile.

"My dearest Serena I have and always will be yours." Darien said as he lent down and kissed her gently.

"I love you Darien," Serena said as a tear fell to her cheek.

Darien lifted up a hand and wiped away the tear gently, "I love you too, now you need rest." Darien continued to gently stroke her cheek until she fell into a deep sleep.

"I knew I loved you even before I met you Serena," Darien whispered to the wind, and with that he too fell into a deep sleep and dreamt about the wonderful life Serena and he would have in the future, together.

Hey people, this is my first attempt at fluff so don't hurt me *hides behind a couch and peeks over the edge* Ok, well Selenity know about them, and Serena's court has a vague idea. What happens when Diamond finds out? And what happens when Beryl finds out! @_@ Whoa! That's gunna be fun ^_^.

Sorry again for how long it took me to update, this story is almost finished, it will finish with chapter 15… so 5 more chap's people ^_^

@_@ MEEP MEEP

Toodles for now!

Love Asuka