Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ A New Begining ❯ A New Enemy and A New Soldier ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers:

As you all know I do not own Sailor Moon (even though I wish I did), Haruka and all other characters belong to Naoko but I do own myself thank you very much and the characters I make up (I think you are all smart enough to figure out which ones are of my own creation).

Jess ^_~

I am changing the opening every chapter, some or most of it will stay the same but it will have different scenes as the story builds up or as something drastic is going to happen in the chapter.

*

What was the start of all this?
When did the cogs of fate begin to turn?

Perhaps it is impossible to grasp that answer now,
From deep within the flow of time...

But, for a certainty, back then,
We loved so many, yet hated so much,
We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then we ran like the wind
Whilst our laughter echoed,
Under cerulean skies...

-Chrono Cross, opening

*

Moonlight Densetsu

[Three bells sounding]

The camera shows a picture of Sailor Neptune with a sad look on her face. She starts to fade until she is just a basic outline then disappears.

[Main song]

Camera shows Eternal Sailor Moon back to back with Usagi.

*Flash of pink light*

Sailor Mercury back to back with Ami.

*Flash of pale blue light*

Sailor Mars back to back with Raye.

*Flash of red light*
Sailor Jupiter back to back with Makoto.

*Flash of Green light*

Sailor Venus back to back with Minako.

*Flash of orange light*

Sailor Pluto back to back with Setsuna.

*Flash of dark green light*

Sailor Uranus back to back with Haruka.

*Flash of Blue light*

Sailor Saturn back to back with Hotaru.

*Flash of Purple light*

Scene turns to Haruka running after Michiru, Haruka gets closer and closer until she is right behind her and Michiru disappears. Haruka crumples to the ground and starts crying with Setsuna and Hotaru standing over her with grave looks on their faces.

Switches to Mamoru walking with a Jess clinging to his arm smiling happily, Jess begins to wave at some unknown person and she starts to run. The camera follows her. Haruka is standing there smiling arms outstretched to the very happy looking girl.

Switches to a red-clad woman, unnaturally tall with short white hair that reaches her ears and eyes the colour of violets.

A bright light begins to shine behind her and the woman causing her to turn and walk slowly to the large crystal orb behind her, which is the source of the unholy light. She leans over the crystal, gazing into its foggy depths, which swirled with varying degrees of light. An image appears to the camera of earth and it's guardian Sailor Moon, with all eight sailor soldiers behind her. The woman's hand touches the orb lightly and the picture changes to a picture of a field of flowers. The camera moves into the picture so that all the old surroundings are gone and only the field remains.

The flowers ripple in the soft wind making it look like waves from an ocean. The camera swings over to a girl with her back to it, she turns around revealing to the audience that the girl is Michiru. The wind blows her hair gently across her face and she smiles serenely. The wind blows harder and some flower petals over the picture blocking Michiru from view when they clear away Michiru has transformed into Sailor Neptune. Sailor Neptune pulls out her talisman and shows the mirror to the audiences. The sunlight hits the mirror and hides everything from view in a flash of light; the mirror is pulled away to reveal a new sailor soldier standing in Michiru's place holding the talisman. Her face is hidden in shadow so that all you can see is her basic outline and the greeny-blue skirt of her fuku. A light begins to form on her forehead until it grows into the sign of Neptune.

[Music ends]

Jess was on the floor stretching across her right leg grasping her foot then switched to do the same thing on the other leg. She sat up and went into the splits to help stretch her muscles even more.

Finishing her stretches she began to climb the small ladder leading to a beam above the ground.

The redhead balanced on the beam easily and started her morning routine. Every day since she was young Jess had been working on her skills in balance, fighting and many other subject to help make her a stronger, more worthy opponent towards any enemy. Why she had the impulse to do this, or what this unseen enemy was she had never known until recently. When she had finished her workout she headed for the showers to cleanse her skin of the sweat that had accumulated.

The water felt nice as it washed the perspiration from her naked body. Lost in the sensation her mind started to wander back to the dream, no the nightmare that had plagued her all through the night.

The thought of the dream made her shudder with hatred and disgust. *She is coming back, God, I thought it was over and I could go on but I guess she just hates me too much to die.* Jess though to herself bitterly. A tear streaked down her cheek at the memory the woman invoked another tear followed the first only to be lost in the streams of water from the shower. Soon enough Jess was full out crying. Why did she have to be coming back? Why did she have to hurt me even more then she already had? After Tahira had…after Tahira…

A while later Jess brushed back the tears and water from her face and shut off the now very chilly water. *This time she won't win, this time I wont let her hurt anyone.* Jess resolved and set out to find an outfit. It was going to be a LONG day.

*

Haruka walked slowly and carefully around the many gravestones blocking her path trying to walk as quietly as she could as if afraid of disturbing the eternal slumber of the cemetery's many occupants. As she neared her destination a small smile crept over the tall blonde's lips.

She stopped in front of a headstone nearing the back of the cemetery. Haruka knelt, head bowed, laying the single pink rose that had been in her hand in front of the grave.

"It has been a while. I'm sorry I haven't come to visit recently, Michiru."

*

"Hayaku Usagi! ^Hayaku!" (^=Explained at bottom of chapter) Jess said excitedly as she ran ahead of the blond, "Come on now, I know you can do better than that!" Jess called over her shoulder as she laughed joyfully as she ran along trying to get farther ahead of Usagi. Not paying much attention to the path ahead of her Jess didn't notice the individual that was in her path. Needless to say there was a collision followed by a loud crash and ending with Jess almost atop the individual.

"^Itai!" Jess said sitting up and rubbing the spot on her body she had landed on. Jess jumped up quickly in fright as the ground beneath her began to move! The `ground' Jess had been sitting on turned out to be a person. "^Gomen nasai! I wasn't looking where I was going and- Haruka?"

The tall blond stood up and brushed herself off, she was wearing a nice pair of pants and a distinctly feminine top and she thought the outfit was nice and she had no intention of having to go change into something else.

"She's as clumsy as you, ^Odango." Haruka commented playfully to Usagi who was standing behind Jess and laughing loudly, Mamoru was beside her trying to smother his. Jess apologized again and glared at Usagi for laughing. "Where were you too of to in such a hurry?" Haruka asked when Usagi had finally stopped laughing.

"Ice cream!" Usagi and Jess said together wide smiles crossing both girls' faces.

"Usagi-chan told me about a wonderful ice-cream stand in this park, we were having a race." Jess explained, "I have an idea, how about you come with us. I'll make up for running into you by buying anything that you want there."

When Haruka agreed Jess quickly hooked her arm through Haruka's playfully and told Usagi to lead the way.

*

Jess had a scowl on her face. "Why did you have to but the most expensive ice-cream there?" Haruka ate another ate another spoonful of the ice-cream dish in her hand and grinned evilly. "Now, now. What ever gave you the impression I would let you off so easily. Besides this is a kind of revenge for last week at the racetrack."

Jess pretended to be mad and deepened her scowl to hide her smile, but it was obvious she though Haruka's form of `revenge' was very funny.

"Oh Mamo-chan look! Row boats!" Usagi announce almost squealing with delight, "Can we take one out onto the lake? Please oh please?"

"But Usako, there's only enough room for two people per boat, and there happens to be four of us."

This did not dampen Usagi's ambitions at all and Jess obviously wanted to go on a boat ride too, even if she wasn't going for the same reasons as Usagi, "Haruka and Jess Can share a boat," Usagi put her arms around Mamoru's neck and looked into his eyes lovingly, "It would be so romantic for us. I'm sure Jess and Haruka wont mind." Usagi turned questionably to Jess and Haruka. Haruka was slightly reluctant at first but agreed in the end making both girls jump up and down.

Boats rented and everyone seated where he or she was supposed to, both boats were launched into the water.

It was a picture perfect moment. The sun was shining brightly in an almost cloudless sky and those few clouds that were there were white and fluffy. The water was as blue as the sky above and it was apparent that Usagi and Mamoru who thought that a boat ride on the small lake would be romantic since there were a good amount of other couples on the lake. Small children ran through the park to one side, their laughter just barley audible, while groups of school girls and young lovers plodded across the many paths on either sides. Jess sighed contently and lent her head back to bask in the sun and let her hand dangle down into the cool water bellow while Haruka rowed them out into the middle of the small lake.

Jess looked back at Haruka after a while and smiled serenely. "Usagi was right this was a good idea, it is so peaceful."

Haruka smiled back at Jess, "Yeah, I agree."

They both sat in silence for a while just in taking the beauty around them.

"What did you do with that miniature me you bought?" Haruka asked breaking the silence. Jess reached behind her and pulled the little doll out of her bag grinning wickedly. "What you thought I wasn't going to keep it?" Jess asked innocently, "I put up too much of a fight not too, mind you that was very entertaining," Jess pretended to smile fondly at the memory, "So do you want it?"

Haruka nodded fervently, she HATED the little figure with all her being. Oh the many evil plans she had running through her of what was in store for this little figure.

"Well I'm not really sure I want to give it up I mean what's in it for me?" Jess asked slyly. She was just kidding, for some reason she loved trying evil little things like this on Haruka.

Haruka was quick to retort. "You give me the doll and I won't make you fall into the water."

A look of shock and slight fright crossed Jess' face. "You wouldn't dare."

"Oh I wouldn't would I?" Haruka shifted her weight to the side that Jess had been slightly leaning on making the tiny boat lean to that side. Jess tried fought to keep her balance and shift her weight to the opposite side. There was a large splash and seconds latter Jess came sputtering to the surface only to be greeted by Haruka's laughter.

"What on earth did you do that for!" Jess asked Haruka who was almost falling out the boat herself from laughing so hard, "Revenge" was all Haruka was able to say before a fresh chorus of laughter came forth. Jess glowered at Haruka for a moment then that familiar evil look flickered in her eyes for a second quickly disappearing in a mask of cool nonchalant-ness. "Well fine then if it is going to be that way then," Jess said as she swam right next to the boat, "If I am going to have to be wet for the rest of the day then you are too." Haruka had no chance. Jess grabbed the side of the boat, lent all her weight onto that one side causing it to capsize and throw a screaming Haruka into the water behind her.

Haruka came to the surface a few seconds later, now it was Jess' turn to laugh and Haruka's turn to glare. "Oh come now Haruka, that was funny. Now, please help me drag this back to shore it's too heavy for one person." Jess said sweetly giving Haruka an innocent little smile. Haruka swam over to the still smiling red head. They both took hold of the half sunk boat and began dragging it back to shore.

A while later, you would be surprised how hard it is to get a capsized boat out of the water, Haruka and Jess were sprawled across the grass at the side of the lake in silence. The silence was soon broken by distant screams. At first they brushed them off as the screams of play but the screams got louder, closer and more terrified. The two girls leapt to their feet and ran towards the commotion. Running at top speed, side by side, both rounded a corner only to skid to a sudden stop at the horrifying view in front of them. The nearby trees were lined with large bright red sac like objects each containing a live human being. Worst of all this was the unnaturally tall human like being with butterfly wings. Haruka wanted to cry. Not again.

A swarm of civilians crashed into the pair, pushing them both back away from the creature and from each other. Haruka fought her way through the crowd and ran into the forest making sure to watch for anyone who might be following her. "Uranus Planet Power! Make-up!" The transformation engulfed her body and seconds later Sailor Uranus was running towards the sounds of battle.

*

"Tuxedo Kamen! NO!" Eternal Sailor Moon screamed as a baseball-sized ball of red slime hit her lover sending him soaring backwards. He hit a nearby tree with a loud thud and the red ball quickly grew and engulfed his entire body. Turning into a chrysalis like object like it had done on so many civilians, minutes before.

Sailor Moon spun around and began to run to Tuxedo mask intent on only getting him out of the cocoon.

The monster created another ball and flung it at Eternal Sailor Moon. She felt something slam into her and knock her to the ground causing the red ball to miss her by millimetre and smash into the ground. Eternal Sailor Moon and Uranus landed on the ground and the older girl rolled away from Eternal Sailor Moon. As another ball came flying at the pair and nearly hit them Sailor Uranus sprung into action immediately, took Eternal Sailor Moon's arm and began to run, and Eternal Sailor Moon let out one of her trademark wails. Sailor Uranus half dragged her princess over to the forest and pull her behind a tree for protection seconds before another ball flew past them and into the ground. Uranus ran to a near by tree to hide herself.

"Sailor Moon," Uranus said, "I have a plan."

*

"Ready?" Uranus asked allowing herself a quick glance at the other girl. Eternal Sailor Moon Nodded, "Alright, lets do this then."

Eternal Sailor Moon took a deep breath pressing back all the doubts and fears that had begun to surface and, at Uranus' signal, began to run as fast as she could. Eternal Sailor Moon weaved her way through the trees also trying to avoid being hit by the few balls that come her way.

She tripped a time or two when distracted but she would just swallow down the wail that was ready to burst forth, get back to her feet, and keep on running. She had to save them, who knew what could be happening to all the poor people in the cocoons.

As she neared the trees where all the cocoons were Sailor Moon pulled Uranus' Space Sword out of its sheath, but when she reached the spot she got a very big surprise. All the cocoons had been opened and their occupants were lying on the ground, unconscious. Eternal Sailor Moon flipped her communicator on and hit the all call button. Around Tokyo seven other communicators beeped getting the attention of all their owners. "Guys we have a problem, Haruka and I need your help now!"

*

"World Shaking!" Sailor Uranus shouted and sent the attack at the monster. The attack hit right on. The Monster shrieked in agony as the energy hit its body. Uranus congratulated herself mentally, this had been the first hit to actually get through the monster's defences and she had been at this for a while now.

"Hurry up Sailor Moon." Sailor Uranus thought out loud as she dogged another attack from the monster. A movement in the trees caught Uranus' eye, no there was nothing just a trick of the eye. But no there it was again! Uranus was suddenly jerked to the ground and found herself falling. The wind was knocked out of her when she hit the ground making it her gasp for breath.

The monster's shadow fell overtop of Uranus struggling form. "I have you now!" The beast laughed at Uranus' attempt to get her back breath and raised its hand, in which a large energy ball had materialized; "Now it is time for you to stop interfering with my master's plan. "

The energy ball grew twice the size it had currently been and the monster got ready to attack. Uranus shut her eyes tightly waiting for the energy to hit her, waiting for the searing pain.

"Silent Wall!" Came a cry from behind her. Uranus peeked open one of her eyes and then the other, relief washed over her body in a wave. Behind her were Sailor Saturn, Pluto, and Mars.

"I don't think so." Said Saturn, she twirled her glaive around and pointed it at the monster, "You'll have to get through me first."

The monster snarled angrily at Saturn, then turned, spread it's wings, and flew away over the trees towards-

"Oh shit! Usagi!" Uranus scrambled to her feet and ran in pursuit of the monster.

*

"Come on Mamo-chan, wake up." said Sailor Moon. All the victims of the monster's attack were alive, but they just wouldn't wake up no matter how hard she tried.

Movement in the trees behind her caught Eternal Sailor Moon's eye. Nothing was there, no figure, nothing. Then, out of the corner of her eye, Sailor Moon saw it again! But again, when she had turned around to look there was nothing. Sailor Moon's brain scarcely had time to register the rustling of leaves and the thud of footsteps before she was grabbed from behind and pulled into the trees. She tried to scream but her captor quickly placed a hand over her mouth to stifle the sound.

Sailor Moon had been taken completely off guard before but now she started to kick and struggle against her captor's strong hands.

Finally Sailor Moon's unseen captor stopped and turned them both back to face the spot they had just left. Sailor Moon's struggles became more powerful and anxious. She got one of her hands free and jabbed her captor in the stomach with her elbow making him/her double over in pain and release her. Sailor Moon didn't hesitate for a second, she began to run. She had almost reached the edge of the trees when she was grabbed from behind again. For the second time Sailor Moon was pulled back far enough from the edge of the woods that they could just see but if someone was glancing around they wouldn't see her, there was only one exception from the last time, now she could feel a sharp object pressed against her just enough so that she could feel it but not so that it could hurt her.

"Keep still and silent and don't even try to run again, " A female voice whispered firmly into her ear and the sharp object which Sailor Moon now realized was a blade of some kind was pressed harder into her back so that she felt it a bit better, "Understand?" Sailor Moon nodded to the best of her ability and the pressure from the bald was slackened.

Sailor Moon could hear the blood pounding in her ears and her rough breathing. Wild thoughts ran through Sailor Moon's head. She could use the Space Sword to attack, but no she had left that next to Mamoru. She could try running again, she killed that idea right away, her captor was much fast then she was. Then what?

She tried to stay calm but it was rather difficult considering she was constantly reminded of her terrifying situation by the sharp blade rested against her back.

Minutes later, but what seemed to Usagi hours, the flapping of large wings could be heard and not long after that the monster from before landed feet away from the tree line.

The monster made a frightened screech that made Sailor Moon's head feel like it was going to split in two when it saw that all its victims had been released. Sailor Moon could hear the half butterfly, half human curse loudly. Then came another noise, the noise of many pairs of feet running at top speed towards the area where the monster was located and moments later Sailor Uranus and the rest of the Senshi came bursting through the brush.

"I am going to let you go now princess, the rest of the team can protect you." Came Sailor Moon's captor's voice again. The pressure form the blade and the iron grip on her disappeared along with her captor and all Sailor Moon saw before the girl fled deeper into the brush was a flash of green-blue and red.

Sailor Moon stood in shock for a few seconds and then remembered that she would be needed soon and started at a run towards her allies.

"What have you done with Sailor Moon?" Came Mars' voice just as Sailor Moon came running full tilt into the clearing.

The monster's eyes flashed with rage, "What have you done you little bitch!?" It growled at Sailor Moon, "Do you have any idea what is going to happen to me now? What my master will do to me when she finds out I have failed? She's going to kill me!" A hint of insanity entered the creature's voice, "There is a way to remedy this however. Yes, if I kill you, I will be welcomed back and my punishment will be minimal."

Sailor Uranus and the other three of the sailor team made a protective half circle around their princess and readied their powers.

The creature pulled its wings close into its body and charged, full speed, at the small group. The creature drew closer and closer but the Senshi held their ground. Then, just before it was going to hit the Senshi, the monster disappeared. Sailor Moon and the rest of the Senshi were dumbfounded, where had it gone?

Sailor Mars was the first to see the creature reappear but even as she screamed out to Sailor Moon to move, and dived trying to block the creature's path she knew that it was too late.

"Hageshii Sea", a ball of bright aqua coloured energy came flying from the trees and slammed into the creature. The piercing, ear-splitting scream the came from the monster made the Senshi fall to their knees in pain, hands clasped over their ears trying to block out some of the noise.

The creature's body seemed to melt away as if it's exterior was made of plastic and revealed a human man in his mid twenties. The energy disintegrated and the girl fell to the ground.

There was a flash of light and an abnormally tall woman appeared, floating, in the air a few feet above the heads of the Senshi.

She was clad in a very tight, low cut, red dress. Her hair was pure white and was cut just bellow her ears. The woman's violet eyes surveyed the scene in front of herself and a flash of annoyance and anger surged through her eyes.

"Where are you?!?!" The woman shouted to some unseen being behind the trees, completely ignoring the presence of the four Senshi, "Stupid bitch, show yourself!"

"Now, now Kijo. No need to cuss I'm here." A female voice said coolly from behind the trees. Sailor Moon's breath caught in her chest, that voice, the same voice as her mysterious captor.

"Look what you did! I though you had died, but noooooo!" Kijo said angrily towards the position of the mysterious voice.

"Well then next time you should make sure to kill me not just leave me for dead and make me even madder." A sailor fuku clad girl stepped out from her hiding place behind the trees. Her fuku was of the same colours as that of the Senshi of Neptune's but her hair was red. The light of the now setting sun glinted off the blade of a long dagger the mysterious Senshi pulled out from behind her back, "Now, I would recommend you leave or we will have to have a repeat of the last time we met."

If anyone had been watching Kijo's eyes they would have seen the small flicker of fear, which was quickly covered by a mask of apathy. "I don't have time for the likes of you." Kijo spat and, with a burst of crimson flames, disappeared.

The mysterious Senshi turned to Sailor Moon. "Next time, princess, please be more careful." The Senshi turned and started away.

"Wait! Who was that woman? And who are you?" Sailor Moon shouted after the girl.

The Senshi turned back and gave a small smile, "Who am I? I am the Senshi of Neptune, and as for Kijo, you will know soon enough if she has chosen this town for her conquest." With that said the mysterious girl turned and fled into the trees.

*

"Haruka! Usagi! Mamoru!" Jess shouted over the sirens and fought her way through the crowd of paramedics towards her friends. A paramedic was examining Mamoru to see if there were any side effects to the attack but so far there was none, "Where did you all go? I was so worried, I have been looking everywhere for you guys. I was so scared the monster had gotten you. Rei? Hotaru? What are you two doing here?"

After many reassurances from Haruka, Usagi and Mamoru that they were all fine, and an explanation as to why Hotaru and Rei where there (not the real reason of course) Jess calmed down.

When Mamoru was finally aloud to leave they all headed home.

The air about the whole group was distracted and worried so Jess did the one thing she knew would lighten up everyone's spirits, she pulled out another adorable little chibi-racer Haruka plushie.

Haruka nearly fell flat on her face at the sight of the small doll that had caused her so much annoyance. "I thought you had lost that thing in the water when we fell." Haruka's eyebrow twitched slightly out of annoyance.

"Your right I did lose the plushie in the water. I had another one stashed away just in case you actually got your hands on the other one. What would be the fun if I could only torture you for a little bit?" Jess asked and ran behind Usagi as Haruka made a flying leap at her in an attempt to get the doll. Jess' little trick had worked its magic and soon everyone was laughing at the chase scene in front of them as Jess nimbly dogged all of Haruka's desperate attempts to get the doll.

**

~~TBC~~

Hope you liked that one.

The evil little plushie strikes again! ~_^

Explanations

Hayaku= Hurry up, faster

Itai= Japanese form of 'ouch'

Gomen nasai= I am very sorry

Odango= dumpling (the nickname Usagi gets from Sieya and Haruka)

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

I want to thank my biggest fan, and my one an only little sister, Katy, for always being there to encourage me to write more for the sole reason that she wanted to read more of my fanfics. Thanx sweaty! ^_^

Please Review I want to know what you all think. Or you can email me at candyapple_86@yahoo.com.

If you want to see a pic of Jess go to my artwork section but to make it easier I have attached it to this chapter.