Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Children of Darkness ❯ Waking ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Children of Darkness
 
“You'll be here when I wake up, won't you?” Star reached out, threading her fingers through Sirius'. “Won't you?”
 
His smile was slow, lazy as he gave her hand a light squeeze. “Nothing would keep me from you. That I can promise,” He whispered, leaning down as he pressed a kiss to her forehead. “Sleep, now, and soon you will wake and find me here again.”
 
Her eyes had grown heavy, a smile across her lips before she let herself fall into the dark abyss that was sleep. She remembered dreaming of those last moments and of many others before. Of her home on Dionysus, her father, her friends here, and of space all around her. She felt as thought she had closed her eyes mere moments before there was a tugging on her. A feeling. She needed to wake again…
 
Dark colored eyes opened, blinking against the harsh light that flowed through the room. It was no dream that she was in, that she knew. The world slowly came into focus as her mind woke further from the dreams she had been sleeping in for a thousand years. Star sat up slowly, feeling the blood rush to her head as a wave of dizziness washed over her. She shook her head, running her fingers through the short rainbow locks of hair.
 
I'm awake again!
 
Star had to giggle as she swung her legs off the stone table, standing too quickly; she winced as she felt sharp needles in her legs, almost falling over had it not been the arms of her sister to catch her. “Kari!” Star laughed, wrapping her arms around her sister's neck. “You're awake too! Good!” She was chipper, a good sign that she was feeling quite content.
 
The eldest Princess of Dionysus smirked as she gave her sister a half-hearted hug back. Never big on emotions, Kari expressed how she felt through words mostly, not touch as Star was used to doing. Kari was content to sit back and let Star be the social butterfly when it came to such things. But when they were together, Kari was different in more ways than most knew.
 
All in all, Kari should have gotten along with Komeeko. But life was never that simple. The two came from different backgrounds, yet they had similar views on the world around them. Komeeko was tougher than Kari, who was prone to strategize rather than come out with a full-attack that Komeeko was so fond of.
 
Speak of the devil, Komeeko was already awake, along with the twins, still sitting atop the stone bed she had slept upon for the thousand-year sleep. She sure didn't feel like Sleeping Beauty either. Her orange hair was a wild tangle, the locks knotted and shifted messily. Not the way she would have wanted to wake but when did she have a say in such things? Her eyes glanced over to the sisters, narrowing her eyes lightly before turning away.
 
There was always this tension between Komeeko and Kari, something neither could account for. Perhaps it was due to the fact that Kari was a better fighter when the two were pegged against one another. But Komeeko had more brute strength than the Princess. Her eyes glanced over to the other bed, a smirk tugging on her mouth to see Sanyo still sleeping.
 
She was the more child-like girl the Senshi had. She kept their spirits up and hopes alive through the good and bad times they had gone through. She was a petite girl; a beauty of her own. Few could ever bring themselves to hate the peppy girl from Orion. There was an air of innocence around the youngest in their group, though they had all seen much it still remained.
 
“Sanyo!” Star had left Kari, sitting on the stone tablet where Sanyo lay, shaking the girl's shoulders lightly. “Come on! It's time to wake up!” Star only heard incoherent muttering from the girl. She giggled, hopping off the table. “Fine! Sleep the next thousand years away. I'll be sure to tell any cute men to leave you be.”
 
“Huh?” That got her attention, a frown creasing her brow as she opened her eyes, blinking against the light. “Star, darling, what are you babbling on about now? Cute men?” She giggled as she sat up quickly, running her fingers through pale blond locks of hair.
 
Of course, one wouldn't assume that this group of girls was some of the strongest Senshi in the galaxy. It was what made them special- their ability to have feelings while working towards their own goals. They were neither good nor evil, keeping mostly to themselves instead of going with the stereotypical views on light and dark.
 
Their Empress watched the girls from above, her cobalt eyes trained on them from the balcony she stood in. Opale let a smile curve her lips, turning from them as she moved through her room. It had been a long thousand years for her to sit in wait for the time to be right. The tides were changing; she could feel it in her blood. The girls would be ready this time, not like the last time.
 
“Your Majesty?” There was a voice in the doorway and the woman turned, seeing a small man standing there. She smiled lightly to him. Jin was such a good messenger, acting as her eyes and ears on Earth.
 
“You have news then?” Jin nodded his head as he scuffled inside, closing the door behind him. He could hear the joyous sounds from the girls in the courtyard. Things were going as his Empress had planned it. There was one thing that had not gone as planned.
 
“Your Ladyship asked for news on Star Knight Sirius and I have found it.”
 
***
 
“I wonder how much dust my stuff has collected,” Kari mused aloud almost two hours after they had woken as the girls sat in a circle together in the courtyard. Had it really been that long since she had lain in her own bed or read one of her books? She shook her head, a sigh escaping her lips as she leaned her head back, gazing up to the glass above them, showing the eternal blackness of night, pierced only by the pinpricks of stars.
 
“I'm sure things might not have been too dusty,” Sanyo said cheerily, crossing her legs as she placed her palms on her knees. “Maybe things will actually be clean!” She giggled, blue eyes sparkling. Her gaze went to each of her friends before she stopped them on the doorway. They grew wide as she scrambled to her feet. “Empress!”
 
All heads turned as there were cries from the other three as they rose, hurrying towards their leader, the woman who had taken them all in. She was beautiful and regal, as any royal should have been. Locks of pink hair were twisted back off her head, a few tendrils dangling from the intricate bun, framing her pale features and deep blue eyes. Opale smiled at her Senshi, touching each on the cheek with one of her slender hands.
 
“My girls,” She whispered, taking a deep breath. “I am glad all have woken. I hope you found sleep to be comfortable enough.” There were nods from the girls as they stayed where they were, ready to listen. There was always a reason to have been woken from dreams and their sleep. They needed to know what it was.
 
“The time has come at last. We shall no longer live in the shadows of the Senshi from Earth,” There was a note of contempt in her voice for a moment but it vanished with her next words. “We are going to planet Earth and the court of Serenity II. We are traveling to the Milky Way.”