Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Children of Darkness ❯ Proposal ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Children of Darkness
 
“The Milky Way?” Kari frowned, speaking up as she and Star stood in their old quarters. The twins had always seemingly shared a room, though it never bothered either. The years they had spent growing up was testament to their bond, something that was hard to break, as it was to sometimes understand. “Why there? Why now?”
 
Star flopped onto her bed, sneezing as a layer of dust flew into the air. Coughing, she waved it away with her hand, shaking her head slightly. “How should I know?” It was a puzzle to all the inhabitants of the ship as they sailed steadily towards Earth and the Milky Way.
 
There was bad blood between Empress Opale and the royalty from Earth. Especially with Serenity II, otherwise known as Neo Queen Serenity to her people. The Senshi of Opale had never been welcomed to anything that went on in the Solar System, nor did they ever feel any need to go there anyways. There was a curious feeling about this thing as the girls were sent off to their rooms to sort through their things and get back into the regular flow of life again.
 
Hugging a pillow to her chest, Star sighed into it. Opale had said nothing of Sirius and, though she had been dying to ask, Star had said nothing. He promised to be there when I woke! Where has he gone? Sensing her twin's feelings, Kari left her bed and joined her sister on hers, sitting next to Star. Her hand stroked the girl's rainbow locks away from her face as she tried her best to soothe her worries.
 
“He'll come back,” Kari promised her sister softly. “Nothing would stop him from coming back to you.” But Kari had her own doubts of the missing Star Knight. When he did come back, Kari'd have to smack him across the head for worrying Star so much while he was gone. Of course, Kari would do that regardless to the Captain of the Knights.
 
“I know,” Star said softly, still hugging the pillow to her as hr eyes closed. “I just worry sometimes that something's happened to him…” She trailed off into silence. Her eyes opened again as they settled on her nightstand next to her bed. A small box sat there, one she hadn't seen before nor did she recall having left something there. Letting go of the pillow, she sat up, reaching out as she picked the velvet box off the stand. “What's this?” She asked softly as she blew dust off the box, sneezing again.
 
Slowly, she opened it, watching as a small circular object fell out first. She picked it up, turning it over in her hands. She knew what this was. A hologram much like ones she had grown up with on Dionysus. She set it down on the bed in front of her as it flickered to life before her. A small image of Sirius appeared, a little under a foot high.
 
“Um, is this on?” He blinked, reaching out to adjust something before he gave a sheepish grin. “I've never used one of these before, so hopefully this has worked. If not, I'll have to kick myself.” Star laughed, lying on her stomach to watch the image of her beloved pace slightly before her.
 
“If you're watching this, it means I'm not back yet. I'm really sorry for that. I promised I'd be there when you woke up again and this means I haven't been able to get back,” He winced lightly, sighing. “I hope you're not too upset.” He paused as he fumbled in his pocket, holding the little box in his hands much like the one that Star had hold of. “I wanted to give this to you in person, but I guess it won't work like that right now. Open the box again.”
 
Star did as she was told, the box opening again as she saw what was inside this time. Her dark colored eyes grew wide, seeing the ring placed gently in the box. The band was silver and a moonstone was set in the middle, glimmering like stardust. She glanced from it back to the hologram.
 
“I have a very important question to ask you when I get back. This is to keep you waiting and watching.” He was blushing, she could see it on his pale features as he ran a hand through his white locks of hair. “Wait for me, I'll be back soon.” There was a pause. “I love you, Star.”
 
The image faded, leaving the small hologram device sitting on the bed before them. Gently, Star took the ring from the box, holding the ring in her hand. She could feel her heart beating in her chest, a blush rising into her cheeks as a silly smile crossed her lips.
 
“Kari, he's going to ask me!” She said softly, excitement in her voice as she turned to face her sister, unable to hide her excitement in her face and voice. Her eyes were damp as she wiped at them, sniffling lightly. “I'm so happy, yet I feel like crying. Is that normal?”
 
Kari let a smile twist her usually serious features as she reached out, hugging her twin. “I suppose it might be. Remember watching Lady Gina get engaged? She kept bawling and weeping as if something were wrong!” Star laughed as she let a few tears fall down her cheeks.
 
“I wish he would come home soon.”
 
Kari was wishing the same thing.
 
***
 
Komeeko was watching as the lights from other stars passed them by while the ship moved through space. She liked watching the darkness and the light mingling together, making stark contrasts and a beautiful picture. Of course, she said nothing to the others of her thoughts. She knew she was different from them, she had always known. All three girls she worked with had grown up in similar fashions, with family and a home to call their own.
 
The darkness was the only thing that called Komeeko's soul. It was all she had ever known. Opale was the only one who could have saved her and even now Komeeko knew she was far from saved. The darkness remained inside, clawing at her from the inside out.
 
She was loosing against this darkness.
 
Turning her back to the window, she gazed around her room. It felt plain compared to the others, who had made homes from their rooms. No, Komeeko thought, this isn't much of a home. The people here weren't family. Not even Opale.
 
The mirror on the wall showed the truth to Komeeko. A pale girl with no past, no present, and no future. The voices in her head, they spoke of such things. Taunting her with their knowledge when she didn't want to hear it.
 
She always knew they'd be right.
 
***
 
Hello my dear readers^^ I'm Star, as most of you would have figured out. So, I realized I hadn't put in any author notes! So here are some. I love reviews; they make me happy, as you might guess. But I don't need them all the time, really.
 
*coughs* Anyways, I have to get a few things out of the way. Like the fact that I will probably have to hurt you if you try and take this work. This story and the characters are all collaboration with my friend Sanyo. We own this story, so don't try and take it, since we've spent about two years plus on these characters and their story.
 
Hm, what else? I don't think there's anything more. I'll be seeing y'all in the next chapter!