Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Fairytale Princess ❯ I Just Know These Things... ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Sailor Moon. Would I be writing fanfics if I did?

------------------------------

When Serena awoke, she noticed that her father was gone. Sitting up, she slipped off the bed and exited the chamber she had apparently fallen asleep in. Many maids were scuttling through the hall as she walked along. It was then she remembered.

She was supposed to be greeting the guests!

Serena hitched up her skirt, all thoughts of finding Artemis gone, and ran along the hall. She arrived at her room and threw open the doors to find Amy already here. The Mercurian princess looked at Serena for a moment before her eyes softened.

"I'm here to help you change Serena," she said smiling. Serena eyed her for a moment before speaking.

"You're not mad at me for before?" she asked uncertainly. Amy smiled and shook her head.

"You were upset. Plus I'm your friend. I'm not allowed to stay mad at you," the blue haired girl replied. Serena smiled as tears began building in her eyes again. Amy looked worried for a moment before Serena reassured her they were of happiness.

"Now we need to get you ready," Amy said once Serena had calmed down. The blonde haired princess nodded and pulled out the package Taiki had given her. Opening the brown paper, Serena took out the dress and held it up for Amy to see.

The Mercurian princess shook her head.

"Not that one Serena. You don't have to wear that one until the actual ball. Now we just need to put you in something casual but still professional," Amy said. Amy then started rummaging through Serena's closet to try and find something more suitable to wear.

After a few moments she pulled out a dress and nodded.

"This one," she said, handing it to the princess. Serena went into her bathroom and quickly changed into the dress. She felt a little stiff but was glad that the soreness from her bruises had finally passed. Looking herself over in the mirror, Serena had to admit that, while it didn't look like a gown, it was still an attractive dress.

It was very simple, yet elegant at the same time. It was held up by two spaghetti like straps that sat comfortably on Serena's slim shoulders. The back of the dress wasn't very low cut so the majority of her bruises were hidden from view. It was a deep royal blue that complimented the princess's eyes perfectly and didn't wash out her slightly pale skin. It reached all the way to the floor in uninterrupted material.

Stepping out of the bathroom, Amy was quick to approve of the dress.

"Very nice Serena. You look perfect," she said with a smile. Serena smiled back before Amy handed her some high heels. Her blue eyes widened considerably at that.

"Uh Amy? I'm not good at walking in heels," she said nervously. Truth was she was horrible. It was hard enough staying upright in flat shoes, let alone massive heels.

"Oh well, you don't really have any others except your slippers. I suppose it would be alright for you to wear them," Amy conceded. Serena breathed a sigh of relief as she slipped on the ballet like flats. Amy then lead Serena out of her room and into the transport room they had greeted the Earthlings in.

Serena noticed that Lita, Raye and Mina were already there. She kept her eyes cast downwards as they looked at her before Raye spoke.

"Come on meatball head. We're not mad at you," she said with a smile. Serena looked up to see Mina and Lita nodding in agreement.

"You were upset," Mina said with a shrug.

"And we were a little harsh," Lita added.

"So we understand and we're not angry at you. Only at ourselves for upsetting you," Mina finished. Serena smiled gratefully and was about to apologise too when the transport circle began to glow. The girls focussed their attention on it as the silvery smoke once again sneaked its way upwards.

When it died down, a solemn young woman of around fifteen stood there, alone.

"Hello Heather, how are you?" Mina asked almost immediately. The girl seemed to visibly relax when she spotted Mina.

"Very well thank you Minara," the black haired girl replied.

"Serena, this is Princess Heather. She's from Saturn and is also a Sailor Scout," Mina explained to the princess. Serena nodded as Heather bowed.

"Princess Serenity. I am the Sailor Scout of Death and Rebirth. Sailor Saturn, at your service," she said formally. Serena bowed also but smiled when the girl straightened up.

"Please call me Serena. Serenity is far to formal for friends," she said. Heather's eyes widened slightly before nodding and returning a smile of her own. Small, but still a smile.

"Have the others arrived yet?" Heather asked, looking at each of the girls. Amy shook her head while Heather stepped in beside the blue haired girl.

"They're about to though," Lita said with a smirk, pointing to the circle which had once again begun glowing.

This time, the smoke cleared to reveal a woman with short blonde hair. She was much taller than Serena and many of the other Scouts too. Her arms had some muscle but not enough to seem burly. She too stepped down and bowed before the group.

"Welcome, Hamara. Long time no see," Lita said, stepping forward and clapping the older girl on the back.

"Not long enough in my opinion," the woman replied jokingly. It was then she noticed Serena, standing a little back from the other girls.

"And you must be the princess. Serenity if I'm not mistaken?" she asked, smiling at the girl. Serena returned her smile while nodding. "Well it's a pleasure to meet you your highness. I am Princess Hamara and the Sailor Scout of the Sky, Sailor Uranus."

Serena bowed as well while repeating her earlier statement to Heather. She really preferred being called Serena anyway.

Before Hamara could even take a step, another woman appeared through the silvery smoke. This time, she had shoulder length, sea coloured hair. She carried an air of elegance and just radiated class.

"Ah Michelle. I knew you wouldn't be far behind," Hamara said, extending a hand to help the other woman down.

"Did you really expect me to be late for the Millennium Banquet? Shame on you Hamara," the woman named Michelle retorted. She then bowed to Serenity and the others before introducing herself.

"I am the Princess Michelle and the Sailor Scout of the Sea. Sailor Neptune, at your service," she said, locking eyes with Serena as she stood.

"Welcome to the Moon," Serena replied. Michelle smiled kindly at her before moving to stand beside Heather.

"Is that it?" Serena asked after a moment.

"No. We're still waiting on Setsuna," Amy informed the princess. Serena nodded just before the circle began to glow again.

Stepping down this time was a girl who looked to be the oldest of all the girls. She had long green hair that bordered on black, and her eyes were an odd amethyst colour.

"Trista? What are you doing here?" Raye asked in surprise.

"My mother couldn't make it so she sent me in her place," the older woman replied. Raye nodded but her brow was still drawn.

"And I gather you are the Princess Serenity," Trista said as more of a statement than a question. Serena nodded shyly, feeling very intimidated by the woman before her. Trista bowed respectfully before straightening up.

"Well, shall we go then?" Mina asked after a moment. Everyone nodded before Mina led the group from the room.

"Okay, we'll take you to your rooms so you can settle in," Raye said, walking alongside Mina. As Serena glanced down another hall, she spotted Nephrite.

"If you'll excuse me, I need to speak with someone," she said politely before disappearing down around the corner.

"She seems nice," Heather said after a moment. Trista, Michelle and Hamara nodded in agreement.

"She is. Although she can be a bit of a handful when she wants to be," Lita replied, thinking back to that time in the library when she exploded at the guys about her past. "And I'd advise you to stay on her good side," she added as an after thought.

The girls nodded while silently wondering what she meant.

------------------------------

Meanwhile, Serena had caught up with Nephrite and the pair had found their way out into the gardens.

"I need your help," Serena began, taking a seat on one of the many benches. "I'm supposed to dance first at the banquet tonight and I don't have a husband to help me."

At his humorous look Serena scowled.

"I don't want you to marry me you idiot," she scolded him. Nephrite held up his hands in a 'don't-hurt-me' gesture before asking her to continue.

"I want you to dance with me. Luna said it would show that not only am I accepting of Endymion but also of other Earthlings as well," Serena said.

"I'll have to think about it," he said seriously before bursting out laughing. Serena punched him in the arm and he couldn't help but wince. Rubbing the offended arm, he looked at the princess.

"That hurt you know," he said childishly.

"It was supposed to," Serena replied. Nephrite sighed before speaking again.

"Okay. I'll do the dance with you, but I am not going to live through Lita's wrath if I don't tell her first," he mused. Serena nodded and thanked him.

"I'm still in shock a little I guess. Everything's changed so much," she commented. At her friend's curious look she continued.

"I mean, a few days ago I was nothing more than the dirt on some people's shoes. And now I'm next in line to rule a planet. Its just so overwhelming," she said, closing her eyes and leaning back on her hands. Nephrite nodded, despite the fact she couldn't see him.

"Oh well. I guess I had better get back. I still have to get dressed and all that," Serena said, opening her eyes and standing from the bench. "I'll see you later."

"Goodbye, your highness," Nephrite replied. Serena nodded before leaving the gardens and Nephrite to his own.

------------------------------

Serena found Luna once again in the kitchens. The older woman was giving out jobs for the banquet tonight. Some were to wait on the guests while others were to work in the kitchens.

Once she had finished, Serena caught the dark haired woman’s attention.

“Ah, Serena. How can I help you?” she asked, coming over to the younger girl.

“I just came to tell you that I spoke with Nephrite and he agreed to dance with me tonight,” the princess replied. Luna nodded before Serena asked a question.

“Have you seen my father, Artemis? H was gone when I woke up earlier,” she said. Luna was about to rely in the negative when Molly interrupted.

“I spoke with him earlier. He told me to tell you that he had to go the village for something. He didn’t specify what, but told me to tell you he would be back in time for the banquet,” the brown haired woman said. Serena nodded while she tried to think of what Artemis could have to take care of in the village.

She bid both the ladies goodbye, before leaving the kitchen.

------------------------------

“Princess Amelia? Would you mind if I sat with you?” Zoisite asked, standing beside the princess as she read in the library. Her blue eyes rose to meet his before she blushed and nodded shyly.

The blonde haired man took one of the other plush chairs and settled into it. The room was silent for a moment before Zoisite finally gathered up the courage to speak.

“I was wondering…” he trailed off as Amy looked up at him. “Would you…uh ac-ccompany me to the banquet t-tonight?”

Amy’s eyes widened for a moment before she actually registered what Zoisite had said. She smiled lightly and nodded.

“I’d love to,” she said. Zoisite let out a sigh of relief before smiling too.

------------------------------

“Leave me alone,” Raye bit out between clenched teeth as she knelt on the floor of the Shrine. Her eyes were closed as she spoke. Jadeite had just sat down behind the woman, rather quietly in his mind, and yet Raye had picked up on him.

“But I need to speak with you,” Jadeite protested.

“Do I look like I care? I’m busy,” Raye said, not bothering to look at the man behind her. Jadeite sighed before running a hand through his short hair.

“Please princess. I really need to speak with you,” he pleaded. Raye sighed dramatically before dropping her hands and turning around.

“What?” she barked. Jadeite was silent before he heard Raye huff.

“Look you said you wanted to talk so tal-“ the priestess was cut off as Jadeite leant forward and captured her lips with his own. Raye sat in shock as Jadeite kissed her. It wasn’t bad, no. In fact she would go as far as saying it was almost nice. But he had certainly caught her off guard.

When he pulled back, Raye was forced to stomp down the empty feeling that claimed her stomach as he did.

“I wanted to know if you’d allow me to escort you to the banquet tonight?” Jadeite asked while he still could. He shut his eyes expecting to be hit, when a hand on his cheek snapped them open.

“If I have to,” Raye said, although it lacked any of the usual annoyance that would be staining it. Jadeite smiled like a fool before Raye bonked him on the head affectionately.

“Now let me get back to my prayers,” she said, turning back around.

------------------------------

“And I promised her I would,” Nephrite finished quickly, stepping back in case the woman before him decided to throw a punch.

“And you’re telling me this why?” Lita asked with raised eyebrows at the man who was practically cowering before her.

“I didn’t want you to be upset that I would have to dance with Serena,” Nephrite admitted sheepishly. He was surprised however when Lita burst out laughing.

“I wouldn’t be upset that you were dancing with Serena. As long as I get at least one tonight I wouldn’t care if you were dancing with some old hag,” she said in between chuckles. Nephrite smiled at that.

“I said I’d go with you and I meant it. Apart from my dance with Serena, I’m yours,” he cooed. Lita blushed and punched him lightly in the arm.

“Stop it,” she said, trying to hide her face.

------------------------------

“Ah Malachite, there you are. I’ve been looking for you everywhere,” Mina said, running up beside the platinum haired man. She was slightly out of breath but paid it no heed as Malachite replied. She was doubled over trying to catch her breath while he spoke.

“Well you found me,” he said. Mina just rolled her eyes. Malachite started walking again before Mina caught his arm.

“Wait. I need to ask you something,” she said. Malachite looked almost annoyed before Mina scolded him.

“Hey watch it buddy. At least have the decency to hear me out, knuckle head,” she said standing to her full, and yet not very intimidating height. Malachite motioned for her to speak and Mina took the opportunity.

“I came to tell you that you are escorting me to the banquet tonight,” Mina said boldly. Malachite almost choked at that.

“And what makes you think that?” he managed to get out. Mina smiled knowingly before replying.

“I just know these things. Besides, those looks you were sending me in the garden the other day told me you’d be happy to take me to the banquet. I just decided to take the initiative,” she said with a wink. Malachite stared at her for a moment before sighing.

“I guess I don’t really have a choice then do I?” he said. Mina shook her head before Malachite smiled.

“I suppose I will see you later then princess,” he bowed, kissing the Venusians hand. Mina blushed before nodding.

“And don’t be late,” she called to his retreating back. Mina shook her head thoughtfully before bounding off to find someone to tell the good news to.

------------------------------