Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Future Senshi ❯ Chapter 11: Drawing the Line ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 11: Drawing the Line


(Katsumi’s Hideout two days later)


Kimi and Haruko sat on the beach playing in the sand making castles Katsumi sat next to them watching the two. Her plan was going even better than she had planed the replacement for Neptune was working out better than expected. The bond between Mercury and Uranus was stronger than she imagined. The two girls were still quite young but for some reason Katsumi felt that their friendship was more then normal girls that someday it may grow into so much more. She briefly wondered if the girls would become lovers. A smile cross her face, if they were lovers their bond would be stronger and the charm had been taking to Kimi better then Michiyo but still not as well as it was to Haruko if they became lovers perhaps it would allow Kimi to fall under her spell even more. “Katsumi-sama I’m hungry.” Kimi said looking up from the castle and brushing the sand from her hands.


“Me too,” Haruko said while she leaned over the castle putting a little flag in the tower, it was really amazing and was hard to believe that two young children had made it.


“Do you want to go inside and eat something?” Katsumi asked causing both girls to nod. She stood up and took their hands in hers leading them back inside. She sat them down at the table then called several people over she told them to bring over some food then the servants left coming back with more than enough food. “Kimi are you having fun here?” Katsumi asked picking her fork up and eating some pasta salad.


“Oh yes Katsumi-sama I love it here.” Kimi said looking at the large sandwich in front of her, one of the servants leaned over her and cut it into smaller pieces so the child could pick it up. “I’m having so much fun with Haruko-chan.” Kimi said picking up a piece of the sandwich and taking a bite. Like her mother Kimi was very fond of sandwiches and was surprised she never had told Katsumi what her favorite toppings were yet here was her perfect sandwich.


“Katsumi-sama do you like having us here?” Haruko asked while she reached for a slice of gooey pizza. She dropped it on her plate and picked up a pepperoni popping it in her mouth.


“Ruko I love having you here. You see I’ve always want children of my own children just like you and Kimi.” Katsumi said setting her fork down reaching out with one hand to each child gently stroking their cheeks. Power rushed out of her fingers and she smiled noticing that Kimi no longer shivered when she released her charm. The spell was taking hold on the young water Senshi it would only be a matter of time before she had Kimi completely under her spell.


“What about Michiyo?” Haruko asked around a mouthful pizza.


“Yes like Michiyo, I’m so sad she didn’t want to stay here.” Katsumi said it being partly true though it had nothing to do with her fondness of the girl but the fact that Neptune and Uranus were the strongest of the Senshi other then Sailor Moon.


“Do you think she will come back?” Kimi asked.


“I don’t think so. She really wanted to go home guess she didn’t like all this fun we are having.” Katsumi said as Tetsuji walked up and whispered in her ear. “You’ll have to excuse me for a minute girls.”


She and Tetsuji walked into the other room, “Have you finished planning the next attack?”


“I’m almost done my queen. It seems there have been some new developments though.” Tetsuji said taking a step back afraid of his queen and that what he said next would anger her. “Neptune has somehow managed to make it back to the mainland and to the Senshi.”


“Nothing to worry about she’s no use to us and can’t do much harm.” Katsumi said dismissing it with her hand. She wasn’t using Neptune in her plan anymore what harm could an eight year old girl be? She had no idea that her war would go on for hundreds of years and that eight year old girl would be a major factor as to why she couldn’t defeat the Moon Kingdom. “Is that all?”


“No my Queen another person has come from the future.” Tetsuji said looking at a report given to him by one of his spies. He had people watching each of the Senshi especially Uranus and Mercury since they were the current targets. One of the spies had reported seeing a teenage girl appear in the Outer Senshi’s home.


“A Senshi?” Katsumi asked arching her eyebrow wondering who could have come this time. She knew the Moon Kingdom had a Senshi with the power over time but she never thought that a Senshi with that much power would be so careless to let anyone through the gate.


“We don’t know our recon states they have yet to see her transform.” Tetsuji said pulling out a picture of the older Kimi that was staying with the Outer Senshi. “This is her, my queen if you ask me she bares quite a resemblance to Mercury.”


“That she does. Which of the senshi do you plan to attack next?” Katsumi asked looking at the photo and then to the girl in the dinner room seeing that they could be the same person.


“I wish to use a youma and attack as many was I can.” Tetsuji said getting cut off by the Queen.


“How many times do I have to tell you? We are only focusing on getting the henshin sticks not killing the others that will happen when I have Uranus and Mercury fighting for me,” Katsumi scolded raising her hand up it glowing red.


“My queen, please allow me to explain my intention isn’t to kill the senshi but rather distract them.” Tetsuji said backing away his eyes focused on her burning hand reminding him of the burn he already had.


“To what end?” Katsumi said stopping but not letting the heat from her hand.


“I truly believe that the Uranus from the Future is being affected by your charms on the younger Uranus. Though we are not sure that this new girl is Mercury I want a chance to make contact with them. If they’ve been turned we can use them now to rid the solar system of its senshi.” Tetsuji said. “Use them to destroy the Moon Kingdom from the inside out. It would take years off your plan.”


“Very well use whatever means you need.” Katsumi said lowering her hand, that evil smirk returning to her face she was willing to wait years for her plan to work but the thought of not having to appealed to her.


(Hikawa Shrine)


Haruko and Kimi sat on the steps to the shrine, Haruko had her arms wrapped around Kimi and her head resting on the younger girl’s shoulder. Kimi didn’t feel as strange around Haruko anymore. Now it felt like she had known Haruko her whole life even if she knew that she hadn’t that it was quite the opposite she had been fighting Haruko all her life. Still she felt comfortable in Haruko’s arms she smiled when Haruko pressed a light kiss to her neck then looked over next to them where Michiyo leaned against the wall. Haruka and Michiru also sat on the steps with young Michiyo in her mother’s lap. The child refused to leave either one of them she had slept with them last night clinging to her papa. Minako and Setsuna were there also both standing off to the side of Usagi. After a short wait Rei and Makoto came out with Ami who looked like she had been crying recently. Ami sat down on the steps and Usagi walked over to her placing her hand on her shoulder. “Ami I’m sorry.” Usagi said reaching up and brushing a tear from her own eye.


Kimi sat there staring at her mother she had yet to have a chance to explain who she was. Kimi looked up as Haruko tapped her arm. She hadn’t been paying attention when Usagi asked who she was. Kimi didn’t say anything just stared at her mother until finally Haruko said something. “This is Kimiko. The Kimiko from the future, she came back in time to why did you come back?” Haruko asked Kimi still hadn’t told anyone but Pluto why she really came back.


“I-I came back to help.” She said the last days had been quite odd for her she really couldn’t remember why she had come she knew it had something to do with Haruko but she couldn’t remember what her memories had become some so jumbled she didn’t know what was real or a shadow of a Timeline that wasn’t anymore. She understood the science behind a time paradox but understanding it and living it were two totally different things.


“My counterpart in the future felt it necessary to send her back.” Setsuna said. From what Kimi had told her she knew Haruko would betray them but if Haruko is being changed by Katsumi taking her younger self she didn’t know if perhaps the same thing would happen to Kimi. She had noticed how Kimi had reacted to Haruko at first how she had been afraid of her but now she was easy whenever Haruko held her or kissed her.


Ami stood and looked at Kimi for several minutes when she first saw her something seemed familiar about her but she was so worried about the younger Kimi she hadn’t thought too much about it. “Is it really you?” Ami asked as Kimi started crying and threw herself forward at her mother hugging her. “Kimiko what’s wrong?”


“I haven’t seen you since I was seven.” Kimi said still hugging tightly to her mother refusing to let go. She remembered being very close to her mother in nearly all of the disturbed timelines.


“What why?” Ami asked pulling back and looking at her daughter still amazed to see her grown up so much.


“You died when I was seven.” Kimi said remembering that Ami had been killed fighting as Sailor Mercury but she couldn’t remember the details. She felt there was something important that she should tell them but couldn’t figure out what it was.


“Died? Haruko-san said that I was alive in her time how could I die?” Ami asked then paused as her scientific mind put the pieces together. “Unless…”


“Yes, a time paradox has been created though Haruko, Michiyo, Kimi and I all come from the same time we have different pasts. Every time something happens in this time it affects the future.” Setsuna said watching as Kimi pulled away from her mother and walked back to Haruko seeming like she was more comfortable with someone that until a couple of days ago was her enemy then with her own mother. Setsuna knew they would have to do something soon.


“So what do we have to do to change it back?” Makoto asked seeming to have the same idea as Setsuna.


“We have to reverse the major changes. In the timeline Haruko and Michiyo come from Queen Katsumi was defeated before she had the chance to come to power but it cost Haruka and Michiru their lives. In the Timeline I come from I noticed the change I was at the gate so I was unaffected by it, there is a war being fought against Queen Katsumi, in the timeline Kimi comes from that war is still being fought only there is new enemy leading her army. I’m sure with resent evens there just might be two new enemies.” Setsuna said glancing at Haruko and Kimi out of the corner of her eye.


“Who is this new enemy?” Haruko asked feeling Setsuna’s eyes on her, she knew Setsuna was a large source of knowledge but she didn’t trust her.


Setsuna just stared at Haruko for a minute but before she could answer a blast of energy hit the ground behind her throwing her forward on to the ground. “Youma!” Rei shouted.


“Rei take the children away from here!” Usagi said Rei started to argue but Usagi silenced her with a look and she took Chibi-Usa from her and grabbed Michiyo’s hand leading them away with Michiyo crying as she was taken away from her mother.


“Moon Crisis Make-up!”


“Venus Crystal Power Make Up!”


“Jupiter Crystal Power Make Up!”

“Mercury Crystal Power Make Up!


“Saturn Planet Power Make Up!”


“Pluto Planet Power Make Up!”


“Uranus Planet Power Make Up!”


“Neptune Planet Power Make Up!”


“Neo Mercury Crystal Power Make up!


Neo Uranus Planet Power Make up!”


Neo Neptune Planet Power Make up!”


“You’ve attacked us and taken our children I won’t let you get away with this. In the name of the moon I will-” Moon started to say but an energy ball hit the ground in front of her throwing her back. “Hey I didn’t get to finish!” Moon yelled as she dodged another energy ball.


“Where are they coming from?” Jupiter asked as all the senshi looked around.


“There!” Neo Uranus called running into the tree line with Neo Mercury and Neo Neptune on her heels.


“Wait!” Uranus said and started after them when the youma finally showed itself landing between the three future senshi and Uranus. It was a large Nue, its head was the shape of a monkey the body much like a raccoon, legs of a tiger and its tail was a snake. Neo Neptune turned briefly to look at the Youma but saw that there were enough Senshi to handle it and there was something she was sensing from Haruko and Kimi she wanted to keep an eye on them so she darted after them.


(Author note: see footnotes for more info on a Nue)


“Uranus watch out!” Mercury yelled. “Bubble Spray!” Mist filled the air allowing Uranus to move away from the youma.


(In the Forest near Hikawa Shrine)


In the tree line Neo Uranus and Neo Mercury ran into a clearing. Neo Uranus swore she saw the energy balls coming from this direction. “Uranus there is nothing here!” Neo Mercury said.


“I swore it came from here. Let’s head back the others might need our help.” Neo Uranus said when she and Neo Mercury turned around they stood face to face with Tetsuji. “You...”


“Tetsuji, if you would princess.” Tetsuji said bowing. Neo Uranus drew her sword dropping into an offensive position. “Princess do we have to go over this again?”


“Why do you keep calling me that?” Neo Uranus said she knew that she was the Princess of Uranus and it was an accurate title but it felt strange hearing him say it.


“Because that’s what we are.” Neo Mercury said looking from Tetsuji to Neo Uranus her eyes glowing red. “Princesses of the Golden Sun.”


“Good it’s coming back to you.” Tetsuji said he waved his hands and both Neo Uranus and Neo Mercury dropped to the ground pressing their temples. He waved his hand again and the pain they felt faded both girls stood their eyes red.


“I remember.” Neo Uranus said.


“Tell me what you remember.” Tetsuji said.


“I remember now Sailor Moon is a false queen, she’s tricked the senshi of this solar system into following her blindly.” Neo Uranus said.


“Queen Katsumi is the rightful queen of this solar system. Sailor Moon forced her into hiding all while she’s used the senshi for her bidding.” Neo Mercury said.


“Right, the White Moon Kingdom is the center of the solar system? Everyone know that the sun in the center.” Tetsuji said.


“I want to see her. I want to see my queen.” Neo Uranus said taking a step towards Tetsuji.


“All in time but first I have a mission for you two.” Tetsuji said. “I want you to kill this time’s Uranus and Mercury. You are to take their henshin sticks.”


“But Mercury is my mother!” Neo Mercury said her clouded memories confusing her.


“No, she’s in imposter. Long ago after the senshi of this solar system had outlived their use Sailor Moon killed them and stole their henshin sticks. Those people aren’t your friends and family they are imposters.” Tetsuji said. “Moon placed you with them when you were young led you to believe they were your family but they aren’t.”


“How can that be? Only those of the planet’s blood can use the henshin sticks!” Neo Uranus said.


“That’s what they told you isn’t it? Of course it is.” Tetsuji said. “Can you really believe that murderous witch?”


“But Sailor Moon would never hurt anyone.” Neo Mercury said.


“All an act. You two are the reincarnations of the true senshi of this solar system the henshin sticks are yours.” Tetsuji said. “Take them back.”


“But I have my henshin stick.” Neo Uranus said.


“Your younger self doesn’t take it for her.” Tetsuji said.


“Can we see the queen if we do this?” Neo Uranus asked.


“Yes.” Tetsuji said. “You have your orders when your mission is complete you know how to return home.”


Tetsuji disappeared leaving the two young senshi standing alone. Neo Uranus picked up her sword and turned back. “Let’s do this.”


“Wait Uranus they don’t know that we know the truth we should use that to our advantage. Let them think we still believe Sailor Moon’s lies and when we have Uranus and Mercury alone then we will get the henshin sticks.” Neo Mercury said.


“Good idea.” Neo Uranus said her eyes turning green again while Neo Mercury’s eyes returned to their normal blue. The two of them starting sprinting back to the shrine neither noticing that Neo Neptune had been in the bushes listening.


“So it is them that Pluto was talking about. I have to warn Papa and Lady Mercury!” Neo Neptune said coming out of the bushes and running after them.


(Hikawa Shrine)


“Star Light Honeymoon Therapy Kiss!” Sailor Moon shouted sending the attack at the Nue. Purple lights flew at the Nue engulfing it in the light.


The Nue shouted “Beautiful” then disappeared as Neo Uranus, Neo Mercury and Neo Neptune came running out of the trees.


Uranus walked up to the three and looked at them, “What the hell do you three think you are doing running off like that! You know Katsumi is after the three of you!”


“I swore I saw the attacks coming from this direction papa.” Neo Uranus said.


“We couldn’t let Haruko go by herself.” Neo Neptune said playing along later when she was alone with her papa she would tell the truth.


“Fine but next time stay with us.” Uranus said walking back to the temple letting her transformation fade.


The three younger senshi let their transformations fade and started to walk back until Haruko grabbed Michiyo’s arm. “I didn’t see you in the trees.”


Michiyo pulled her arm away, “I got separated from you I didn’t see you until you were leaving them.” She lied.


Haruko started to say something but Kimi put her hand on her shoulder and shook her head. The three of them then started heading back to the others. Rei was back standing on the steps with Chibi-Usa in her arms, young Michiyo and her own children at her side with Michiyo clinging to her leg. All the other senshi were standing there was well with Usagi in the center of them. “We can’t risk any more attacks on the children. I’m going to call Helios and ask him to take the children to Elysian where they will be safe until we can stop Queen Katsumi.” Usagi said.


“Usagi do you really think that is a good idea?” Luna asked as she walked up. Usagi bent down and picked the black cat up stroking the cat.


“I do but I’m not going to force any of you to do it. I am going to be sending Chibi-Usa.” Usagi said.


“I want to send Diana.” Artemis said jumping from a tree onto Minako’s shoulder.


Slowly all the senshi agreed to send their children. Haruka tried to convince Haruko and Michiyo to go but both of the teens refused and Kimi sided with Haruko.


“Rei I want you to go with them.” Usagi said looking at the Fire Senshi.


“What? Why?” Rei said glaring at Usagi and about to start arguing with her but Haruka intervened before she could.


“Uh Rei you are eight months pregnant.” Haruka said putting her hand on Rei’s shoulder and looking down at her belly.


“So?” Rei asked.


“Rei, you know I don’t want you fighting this far along. I would feel better if you went with them besides none of the children really know Helios I think they would feel safer if someone they knew were there.” Usagi said knowing that the only one that had met him more then a handful of times as Michiyo.


“Fine,” Rei said finally giving in.


“Ok then we will meet back here in three hours.” Usagi said.


(Hikawa Shrine, Three hours later)


Usagi and Mamoru stood on the steps with Chibi-Usa. Mamoru was holding Chibi-Usa’s Crystal Twinkle Bell, before going back to the future she had left it with them for safe keeping. Rei and Yuichiro stood next to them with Reiko and Youji standing beside them. Rei held the young Junko in her arms as the infant slept. Youji was holding Yuichiro’s had not really sure what was going on as he was only four years old.


The first to arrive was Makoto, her husband Motoki and their three children. Of all the senshi Makoto was the first to have children her eldest was her son Nobuya who was nine then there was their daughter Iyona who was six and their youngest son Chion who was three. Behind them Minako walked up carrying both Luna and Diana as Artemis walked beside her. Diana was two years old being born the same day as Chibi-Usa. Ami was also with Minako.


“Where are Haruka and Michiru?” Usagi asked looking around.


“Right here,” Haruka said as she and Michiru walked up Haruka was carrying Michiyo who looked like she had been crying. They had told her that they were sending her to Elysian and that she would be safe with her half brother but she didn’t want to leave them. Behind them was Setsuna, Hotaru and the future senshi. Kimi had chosen to stay with the outer senshi since she said it felt strange to see her mother again after all these years and that she wanted to be with Haruko. Michiyo had told Haruka what she heard when she had chased Haruko and Kimi into the bushes and Haruka also thought it was a good idea for her to stay with the outer senshi where she could keep her eye on both of them.


“Kami-sama everyone has children except me.” Minako said sniffling. “I hope I have children someday.”


Michiyo walked over to Minako and placed her hand on Minako’s shoulder, “Don’t worry you will.”


“Really?” Minako said holding back a few tears.


“Let’s just say I want to hurry up and get the timeline fixed because the God of Love finally worked up the nerve to ask me on a date.” Michiyo said a smile on her face as she thought about Meiya and how much she wanted to get back to him.


“Michiyo,” Setsuna said motioning that she shouldn’t say anymore. The timeline may have been changed but they didn’t need to change it more than they needed to fix it.


“Ok everyone is here now.” Usagi said handing Mamoru Chibi-Usa and taking the Crystal Twinkle Bell. She held it up in the air and rang it while yelling, “Twinkle Yell.”


Within a few seconds the sky opened up and a Pegasus flew down landing before Usagi then turning into a boy with light grey hair and a golden horn. He looked at Usagi then knelled before her, “It’s been a long time Princess.”


“Helios please stand up.” Usagi said giving him a hand.


Helios smiled and looked around seeing spotting Michiru and walking over to her, he pressed a kiss to her cheek, “Hello mother,” He said softly.


“It’s good to see you Helios.” Michiru said returning his kiss.


Helios nodded to Haruka then looked over to Mamoru and Chibi-Usa, “Is this who I think it is?” Mamoru nodded but his expression wasn’t a happy one, he looked around seeing all the Senshi had a grim expression. “I can see there is a reason for me being here other than just a social call.”


“There is a new enemy that has been attacking us and kidnapping our children. They’ve already kidnapped Haruka and Michiru’s daughters and Ami’s daughter, though one of Haruka’s daughters was able to escape.” Usagi said.


“I don’t see how I can be of any help my time in this realm is limited.” Helios said looking over to Haruka seeing that young Michiyo was there but noticing for the first time that Haruko wasn’t. He looked at Haruka and saw that worry in her eyes and felt it as well.


“We know that’s why we want you to take our remaining children with you to Elysian.” Usagi said.


“Me too,” Rei said, she still wasn’t happy about being forced to go but she knew Usagi was right.


Helios looked over to Rei seeing that she was pregnant, “Very well my princess I will protect your children.” Helios said as he bowed then whistled and the sky opened up with several other Pegasus coming out and landing next to Helios.


“I don’t want to go Papa!” Michiyo cried grabbing onto Haruka more refusing to let go.


“It’s alright, baby you will be safe with Helios.” Michiru said stroking her hair, “Remember how much fun you had last time you went to Elysian?”


“I don’t want to go.” Michiyo continued.


Michiru started to say more but Helios gently touched her shoulder and smiled, Michiru nodded and took a step away. “You are scared aren’t you Chiyo?” He asked and she nodded, “Remember in Elysian you don’t have to be afraid of anything. You’ll be safe with me there. I won’t let anything happen to you.”


“You promise?” Michiyo said looking over to her brother.


“I swear and you know I never go back on my promises.” Helios said pressing a kiss to Michiyo’s head when she nodded. He helped the children get on the backs of the Pegasus then turned to Rei, “Lady Mars you can ride on me.” He then transformed back into his Pegasus form and let Rei climb on she was still holding Junko and was handed Chibi-Usa and Michiyo as well.


(Katsumi’s castle)


“My queen I’ve excellent news” Tetsuji said walking into the room. She sat at a table eating a small meal she had just put Haruko and Kimi to bed.


“Which is?” Katsumi asked.


“I managed to have a talk with our little senshi and I do believe I have awoken them. I gave them the mission to kill Uranus and Mercury then bring their henshin sticks to us.” Tetsuji said.


Katsumi stood a smile on her face, “Excellent news indeed what better way to rid our selves of the White Moon then having their own senshi destroy them.”


(Kaiou/Ten’ou manor, Later that night)


Kimi sat leaning into Haruko’s arms in one of the spare rooms of the house. Haruko had snuck into Kimi’s room that night and the two had been sitting like this for quite some time. It was strange yet again the worried feelings she had about Haruko were gone and replaced with feelings of love. Any doubt she had before was gone. “Love what are you thinking?” Haruko asked drawing circles on Kimi’s bare arm, Haruka and Michiru had loaned them all some clothes and Kimi had on a pair of shorts and tank top while Haruko had a pair of boxers and a t-shirt on.


“I’m worried about your sister. How she was in the tree line do you think she heard?” Kimi asked resting her head on Haruko’s shoulder and pulling herself closer.


“I don’t know it’s possible that she did.” Haruko said her fingers still brushing against Kimi.


“And if she did?” Kimi asked.


“We’ll deal with that when it happens.” Haruko said.


“Haruko if the time comes would you be able to kill your own sister?” Kimi asked looking up at Haruko even though the room was dark and she could barely see her.


Haruko was silent for several minutes before she finally spoke, “I don’t know. Let’s not dwell on such things.” Haruko then started kissing Kimi’s neck as her hands slide under Kimi’s shirt.


(Haruka and Michiru’s room)


Michiru lay cuddled up against Haruka as she told her what Michiyo had told her. “Do you really think that could happen to our Haruko?” Michiru asked.


“I’m afraid so I talked with Setsuna and she told me what Kimi told her as to why she came back. She said that in the future Haruko is at the head of Katsumi’s army. Even our Michiyo said it was like Haruko had been brainwashed.” Haruka said.


“Do you think the same thing is happening to Kimi?” Michiru asked.


“Yeah I do. The two of them have been acting strange. When Kimi first got here it was like she was afraid of Haruko now the two of them are inseparable.” Haruka said. “I don’t know what we can do about it.”


“We still have three days until when Setsuna knows where the island is until then I guess we just have to wait and watch.” Michiru said kissing Haruka. “Let’s get some sleep love.”


To Be Continued…


Author Notes: If you are wondering about Helios being Michiru’s son then you haven’t read Shared Destiny yet and should go read it. All my stories are tied into each other so there is stuff that isn’t cannon to the original series but is to my own little alternate universe.


Angel’s quick guide to Japanese:


Nue: is a legendary creature found in Japanese folklore. It has the head of a monkey, the body of a tanuki (raccoon like creature), the legs of a tiger, and a snake instead of a tail. A nue can also transform into a black cloud and fly around. Due to its appearance, it is sometimes referred to as a Japanese chimera.