Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Iyari's Story ❯ A Moon and Star Unite in Death ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
(A/N: Sorry if the last post seemed confusing, its just that because the daughters live on the Moon and Stars they have an accelerated age spurt. They were just babies but when they came to the Moon Kingdom, they are all aged about 5. They age one year like per week until they reach puberty then it is normal ageing.)

Trumpets played in the air as a servant stood at the top of the staircase.

He coughed for attention quietly before echoing his voice.

"Princess Aphrodite and King Starius!"

Aphrodite entered the room in a green gown, it fitting to every curve. The hem stopped just before her feet, showing off light green pumps. King Starius' now grey hair glittered in the light as he accompanied his daughter down the stairs in a black tuxedo.

Everyone in the room clapped as they joined Matitia at the throne table. Magicia and Eclipse raised a glass at the royals as they kept an eye on the children.

King Artemis stood up and tapped his glass softly.

"I thank you all for coming here, to the christening of our darling daughters. I have a few words left to say. Nitwit, blubber, tweak!"

He let out a chuckle as he sat down, draining the rest of his wine.

"This food is delicious Artemis, where did you get it?" Aphrodite asked him, cutting up her salad.

"I hired some Terra caterers. They have done the most splendid work."

Starius spluttered on his food, putting his knife and fork down.

"Artemis, you do know that the Terra have the sickness? We can't risk the children."

"Don't worry old friend, we tried it out on the servants before the ball. They haven't showed any symptoms."

Matitia sat there, picking at her food as she coughed silently. The room began to spin before her eyes as she collapsed to the floor.

"Matitia!" Aphrodite screamed, kneeling on the floor with her sister's head in her lap. Her blonde curls laid lifelessly on his arms as Artemis picked her up and carried her back to her room.

"Servants! Please find a room for all the guests and quarantine them. Magicia, Eclipse, bring the children to Aphrodite's room." Artemis commanded angrily.

Magicia and Eclipse nodded, grabbing the five girls.

"What's wrong with Mama?" Selene asked, crying with her sisters. Aphrodite followed them with Starius, looking worried.

"She's not feeling very well." Magicia told them, entering Aphrodite's chambers and sitting them down on the big sofa.

Aphrodite sat down on her bed, staring at the floor as Magicia comforted the girls.

"I'm going to help Artemis." Starius said, running to Matitia's chambers.

Matitia's Chambers

Matitia laid there in a black abyss, her body racked with coughs. Artemis sat her up, seeing the blood on her hands.

"She's coughing up blood Starius. It's too far gone, we cannot save her now."

Starius shook his head, whispering a small "no". He wiped the blood from her hands.

"Iyari, if you can hear me, your daughter needs you." Starius urged, hearing the chambers door open. He turned, seeing Aphrodite fall to the floor as she muttered "daddy I don't feel so well."

Artemis rushed over, picking up Aphrodite and laying her beside Matitia. Blood trailed down their face slowly, their lips turning blue.

"Iyari! Get here now!" Artemis shouted amidst his tears, feeling the curtains flutter as a small woman appeared.

"What is it Artemis? Oh my goddess, Matitia, Aphrodite!" She moved over to them, taking both their hands, chanting a prayer softly.

Their bodies laid still as Iyari sobbed.

"I'm so sorry, Artemis, Starius. The sickness took them swiftly. They're dead."

Artemis stood up, shaking Iyari.

"You whore! You killed them!"

Starius uttered a prayer of death.

"Artemis, she did the best she could. We have to bury them."

Iyari nodded, taking both their hands and teleporting them to a hill above the Moon Palace.

As the sun set, a silence fell upon the three, their faces full of grief and loss. They planted flowers upon the graves, wandering back to the Palace.

"Goodbye my dear lovers. Artemis, we shall meet again one day." Iyari kissed Artemis chastely on the lips as she disappeared into the night.

"We have to tell the girls Starius. Come old friend." Artemis whispered.