Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Iyari's Story ❯ Moon and Stars Change ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The castle bell tolled in the empty air, the royal families gathered in the Moon ballroom.

"Grandpa, where's mama?" Selene asked Artemis, sensing his grief.

"Your mothers are." Artemis began, feeling Starius place a hand on his shoulder.

"Your mothers are in heaven with your grandmother."

Magicia gasped, tears welling up in her cat like eyes, holding onto Eclipse tight as she held back sobs.

The five young ladies looked at their grandfathers in disbelief, their worlds tumbling down in a second.

"Selenity, come here." Artemis called his eldest granddaughter to him, pulling something from his pocket.

"I, Artemis, King of Moon christen thee Selenity, Queen of Moon."

Selenity looked up at her grandfather in awe as he placed a silver crystal around her neck.

"You are the chosen protector of the Imperium Crystal. You will be Queen one day when I have gone to join your mother in the sky. Do you accept this duty?"

Artemis looked down at the promising blonde haired girl, smiling proudly.

"Yes grandfather, I accept." Selenity nodded, curtsying softly.

"My witnesses, do you accept Selenity as the new Queen and Imperium Crystal protector?"

Everyone in the room murmured a yes as Selenity took her place beside her sisters.

"Your mothers may be gone my dear children but they would not want us to mourn them. They were happy, carefree, loving. Remember the good times." Starius spoke to them as he pulled his crystal star from his neck.

"Stars are born through rebirth and death but forgotten in a mere second. I can create stars in your mothers' names or erase the grief from your very bones. Selenity, what would you like me to do?"

Selenity looked at Starius in shock, thinking for a second.

"If my sisters and cousins so wish, I would like to forget my grief, my loss of a mother. It tears at my heart like a sharp edge, cutting it deeply."

She looked at her sisters and cousins, seeing their replies.

"We would like our grief to be forgotten. Leave us the good memories of our mothers, god rest their souls."

Starius looked at Artemis who nodded and he chanted softly in a ancient language. The crystal star began to glow and hum a bright white as it engulfed the room, erasing all grief, all bad memories.

The room echoed quietly as the light pulled itself back into Starius. He gasped hard, heavily breathing at the use of magic.

"It is done as you commanded, your highness." Starius bowed towards Selenity, feeling a strange sense of calm.

"For the piéce de résistance, I will make you older. We cannot have a Queen of seven can we? The idea is prepostrous. Magicia, Eclipse, if you please."

Magicia and Eclipse nodded, holding hands as they stood up. Their tails entwined as they shouted "Moon Power!" "Star Power!" A bright blue light enveloped them both as a small pen clattered to the floor.

Artemis picked it up, looking at it thoughtfully. "A disguise pen, ingenius."

"Moon Disguise Power, make these girls of age with all memories intact!" He held up the pen, a golden light surrounding the girls as they levitated in the air.

Their feet touched the ground as the light disappeared, leaving behind five beautiful princesses.

Magicia, Eclipse, Artemis and Starius looked on in shock at the sight.

Selenity felt her hair, feeling two buns upon her head, her hair trailing beside her in ponytails. She realised her silvery blonde odangoes had become dark silvery purple. She wore a white sleeveless gown that fell to the floor, which had a bow at the breast with a crescent moon and white shoes. She wore little jewellery except golden earrings and a crescent moon upon her forehead. The Imperium Crystal was still attached to a necklace around her neck.

Jessica touched her hair, feeling it fall loosely onto her shoulders in dark brown tresses. She wore a light purple gown with thin straps that stopped at the ankles and a bow at the breast with a crescent moon. She wore silver studs, with a crescent moon upon her forehead. Her shoes were pale pink with a rose adorning the ankle strap.

Alyssa's hair was black and in a braid that fell about her shoulders. She wore a silver gown that fell to the knees. She wore black shoes with straps that wrapped up her leg to the knee. She wore silver hoops, with a crescent moon upon her forehead.

Emily Beth's black wavy curls fell to her ankles, shimmering in the light. She wore a white sleeveless gown identical to Selenity's with a golden star in the bow at her breast. She wore white stilettos with small heels and golden earrings hung from her delicate ears. A golden star adorned her forehead.

India Rose's silvery black hair fell to her lower back, smoothly falling around her body. She wore a light grey ankle length gown with sleeves that fell just below her shoulders. A golden star adorned her forehead, matching the golden stars that her ears wore. Her dainty feet wore light grey sandals, a star bracelet wrapped around her ankle.

Magicia and Eclipse knelt before the princesses, their heads bowed solemnly.

We vow our loyalties to you, princesses of the Moons and Stars. We shall protect you in your last moments of death!

Selenity giggled her twinkly laugh.

You do not bow to us. Magicia, Eclipse. Selenity took their hands, pulling them to their feet.

You are like siblings to us. Emily Beth told them, hearing the murmurs of her sister and cousins.

As your Queen, I make you our Royal Advisers. You will guide us in ruling our kingdoms. Selenity squeezed their hands tight, feeling the life that flowed through Magicia.

It is getting late. Even the Queen and Princesses have to go bed sometime. Artemis told the girls, shooing them to bed as Starius helped.

We will have to tell them tomorrow, Artemis. Starius told Artemis quietly, hearing his sigh.

I know.