Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Iyari's Story ❯ Princesses Come Of Age ( Chapter 13 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The band played a sultry tune, the lights glittering upon the glass floor. Shoes clipped against the floor as couples danced, their clothing sashaying with their graceful movements.

Laughter and polite chatter mixed in the atmospheric air as the Queen and her suitor waltzed.

"I must be the luckiest man alive to be dancing with the Queen of the Moon." Narcissus whispered into the woman's ear, his hand resting on her waist as he led her.

She blushed softly, looking shyly away as she replied. "Well, you are the most reputable my dear Narcissus."

He nodded at his lady, their bodies pressed together in a perfect fit.

Jessica admired her sister, giggling as her betrothed squeezed her rump playfully. He nuzzled her neck affectionately, holding her close, his actions causing a slightly disapproval with the older Royals.

Emily-Beth looked on in disbelief as she saw her uncle Artemis call the music to a halt. She shushed Alyssa and India-Rose as he began to talk.

"Please will all betrothed couples come forward, it is time to exchange the vows."

The couples parted as the royal sisters and their betrotheds approached the stage. Standing side by side, Artemis' eyes twinkled with joy as he embraced his grand daughters and stepped back, motioning for them to exchange their vows.

Selenity looked at Narcissus, shaking nervously as she placed the ring upon his fourth right finger.

"I, Selenity, betroth thee, Narcissus, in the eyes of the Goddess and those here."

Narcissus smiled reassuringly at his Queen, sliding the golden ring upon her slim finger on her right hand.

"I, Narcissus, betroth three, Selenity, in the eyes of the Goddess and those here."

Artemis' face lit up, watching them seal their vows with a chaste kiss.

They curtsied politely before the King, moving away, leaving only her sister and her betrothed.

Jessica winked at Selph as the ring smoothly rested on his fourth right finger.

"I, Jessica, betroth thee, Selph, in the eyes of the Goddess and those here."

Selph fell for Jessica again as the ring glided onto her fourth right finger, the gold complimenting her milky skin.

They kissed each other softly, hearing the cheers of the crowd.

Artemis' skin flushed as he held back tears, taking his daughters' hands into his own.

"Tonight, my daughters have become women. Let the ball begin!"

Emily-Beth clapped with the other court jovially as the band struck up a jaunty tune. The champagne flowed freely as she took a glass, moving outside to enjoy the view of the midsummer moon.

A hand touched her shoulder and she jumped, quickly spinning on her heels to face the person.

"Oh grandpapa, you scared me!" Emily-Beth fell into Starius' arms, comforted by his warm arms, suddenly aware of the sounds on the balcony.

"Oh, Alyssa." A warm voice sighed as they emerged from the gardens, leaves in their hair. India-Rose adjusted her cousin's gown, slurring slightly as she kissed her. Their lips met in a hungry kiss.

"Oh dear goddess." Starius muttered, pushing Emily-Beth away as he confronted his daughter and niece. Her champagne glass shattered as she watched in horror.

"How dare you disgrace us like that! Get to your rooms now." He pulled them apart angrily, following them with a watchful eye.

No sound came from Emily-Beth's mouth as she picked up her gown and ran back to her chambers. Safe under the covers, still dressed, she cried hot tears at the shame.

The party slowly became a faint hum as her body succumbed to sleep, the tears drying up as she began to dream.