Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Jewel Senshi Saga ❯ Dark Amber - Part 1 ( Chapter 15 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Author's Note: I know Sapphire loves Petz/Prisma and possibly Emerald, but this is an alternate universe so, he's gonna love whoever I choose! 8P I'm also excluding Wiseman, Emerald, Black Lady and the Akayashi Sisters (The Four Sisters). I will briefly mention them if, and only if they show up. This story takes place a few weeks after Rubeus's death.

Bishojo Senshi Sailor Moon
Jewel Senshi
By Sakura
Part Twelve: Dark Amber - Part 1

The Jewel Senshi were beginning to worry. No one had heard from the other senshi for days. Naru and Deana's grades began slipping from constant worrying. Mara stopped going to school and started hanging around Raye's. Ariel, in her own way, tried not to let worrying get to her by going on with her life as if nothing had happened. Opal on the other hand, plunged herself into her school work. The guardians were worried too, though more for their prince and the princess. They could do nothing but worry and wish the cats hadn't told them.
Luna and Artemis had called an emergency meeting of the remaining senshi. They explained that Usagi's cousin Chibi-Usa was from the future and she had been sent to find the ginzuishou (Silver Crystal) and her mother. The cats went on to explain that the senshi had gone to the future to help fight off what was left of Diamond's invasion force.
That was days ago and they still have not returned. Now all anyone could do was to wait and pray for their safe return.

(In the future)

"Still no word from the prince, my lord," said a soldier to a dark blue-haired man staring at a large kurozuishou (Black Crystal).
"It's been too long. My brother should have come back by now. It's obvious he failed to destroy the senshi in the past for now they're here. I should have gone myself. I never should have let him go at all," said Diamond's brother Sapphire.
He continued to stare at the black crystal and an image of the senshi fighting Emerald in her dragon form. The combined attacks of the senshi struck the dragon's tiara and she shrieked in pain as she died. Sapphire felt a pain in his heart as he watched the dragon be destroyed. He had loved Emerald and now he would never get to tell her how he felt.
The image was quickly replaced by the sleeping form of a young woman. She had flaming red hair down to her waist and had a green bow in it. She was wearing an emerald green gown embroidered with leaves on the skirt, sleeve cuffs, and neckline.
"Shimatta! Why did I have to think of her now?" the image of the woman vanished and was replaced by one of Sailor Moon, then his brother and a younger version of the woman. "Of course. She must know what happened to him. She was there with Sailor Moon."
He strode from the crystal room and headed toward his sleeping prisoner.
He had originally kidnapped her because she was Neo-Queen Serenity's closest friend, both in the past and the Crystal Millennium. He needed a bargaining chip, not to mention information. But when the ginzuishou went missing, his plan to trade her for it was useless.
He had thrown her into an oubliette to forget about her since she was useless. Then he changed his mind, he put her into a deep sleep and had her kept in his personal rooms, since he didn't want anyone to know about this. He couldn't bring himself to destroy such a lovely woman, so he bribed the servants to keep silent about the woman in his quarters.
Why did he do this? he thought. He loved Emerald, but now she was gone, killed by the senshi. Of course the woman was beautiful, but he only had eyes for Emerald. Or so he thought.
When he saw that image in the crystal, something stirred in his heart. It was love. He knew it had to be. He now loved her as much as he did Emerald, maybe even more. Emerald's green eyes and yellow-green hair were nothing compared to her fiery hair and sea green eyes.
He gently opened his door, though he knew nothing would wake her till he wanted her to. She was still laying on his bed where he left her, a sapphire blue blanket covering her sleeping form. He noticed the servants had put away his futon. He had been sleeping on the floor since he had no desire to share his bed with anyone except Emerald. Now he wasn't so sure.
<Perhaps, I could persuade her to join us.> he thought as he went over to the bed. He gently brushed away a stray hair from her face. She stirred a little and murmurred, "Nephrite." then went back to her dreaming. He bent over her and gently laid a kiss upon her soft lips. She began to wake up and stretched a little.
"Is it time to get up already, love?" she reached for the other side of the bed, hoping to feel her husband lying next to her. "Neph-kun?" Then she realized she wasn't at their palace. "Where am I?" she asked staring at the ceiling. She tried to get up but found she couldn't. Something was holding her to the bed.
"You're wasting your time, your majesty. The force field will only release you if I wish it to," said a gentle masculine voice.
She turned her head and saw a man with short dark blue hair sitting in a chair next to the bed. Now she remembered where she was. She was still a prisoner of the Black Moon Family! "You!" she said when she recognized the one who had abducted her. "Where's Nephrite?! What have you done to him?"
"Do not worry, Naru-sama. Your love is quite safe," he said getting up from the chair to summon a servant. He hid his face from her, not wanting her to see him blushing when he had addressed her by her name.
"I don't believe you! Where is he? I demand you tell me what you've done to him!" she struggled against the force field desperately wanting to see her love and husband.
"Very well, your majesty, since you insist. I will show you where your king is." He gestured to the ceiling and an image of Nephrite in a crystal appeared. Naru screamed when she saw her husband frozen in a crystal, very much like Jadeite was over a thousand years ago.
"NOOOO!!! Let him go, please I beg you let him go!" she pleaded, tears streaming down her cheeks.
"Well, that depends on you, your majesty," said Sapphire.
"What do you want from me, monster?"
"Well, first, I want to know what happened to Prince Diamond when he went to the past, and second, I'd like it better if you'd stop calling me and my people monsters. We're not that bad once you got to know us," he said smiling. He reached to touch her cheek and she pulled away.
"I'll tell you what happened to your brother, but I'll never stop calling you monsters. Not after what you did to the Queen, Nephrite, or to Crystal Tokyo!"
"Well, one out of two will have to do I guess." He smiled again. There was a knock at the door and a servant entered the room. He whispered to the servant and waited for him to return. Minutes later he came back with a tray laden with food and drink.
"Perhaps we should eat first," he said placing the tray on a table. Naru felt the force field vanish, but remained on the bed still unsure about what to do. "Come, sit, I assure you the food isn't poisoned," he said taking a bite of what looked like an apple.
<So that's how it is.> she thought. <He expects me to sit and eat with him as if we were good friends. Well, I'm not gonna. Not even if he brings Nephrite here!>
"I'll do nothing for your pleasure! Either release Nephrite, or kill us now!" she said refusing get off the bed.
"Very well, Naru-chan. You win. I'll release your husband, but not after you've told me what happened to my brother. Now, please come eat. I know you must be hungry." He gestured to another chair next to the table.
"I'd rather stay here if, you don't mind," she said sitting up.
"Suit yourself." He shrugged and took a sip of wine. "Now tell, me, just what did happen to Prince Diamond?" he said staring at the red-haired woman.

<So that's what happened to him. That would explain why he was with her.> he thought as his 'guest' finished her meal. During her tale, she had been forced by her hunger to leave the bed and sit with Sapphire so she could eat. She of course took no pleasure from his company or the food before her. He on the otherhand was pleased she decided to join him.
<I'll have to let her go now. A promise is a promise. Plus I see she's much stronger than I thought.> He turned to his lovely guest. "Come with me, I'll take you to your love," he said offering his hand. She refused the offered hand and rose from her seat, half expecting a double cross.
She wasn't always this skeptical. There was a time when the queen of Crystal Jupiter would've believed him without a second thought. Her time as a Jewel Senshi had somewhat hardened her, however.
Hoping he wouldn't double cross her, she followed her captor out of his rooms.