Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Of Demons and Love ❯ Eternal Bond ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Of Demons and Love
Author: Quintyss

Chapter 18 (T)
Eternal Blood Bond Oath

Queen Serenity began Sailor Moon's and Mars' ceremony first. "Have both of you agreed on a specific rite of passage between you? Do you wish the bond ceremony to be recognized by the gods?" The goddess asked.

"Yes, Your Highness." Both girls replied.

"Do you understand that what we ordain in this ceremony is eternal and cannot be undone?" Queen Serenity went on.

"Yes, we do, Your Highness." They both responded and held hands, to which Queen Serenity accepted their unity with a smile.

"Which bond is it you both seek?" She inquired.

"We wish to take the eternal blood bond oath, your Highness." Sailor Mars and Eternal Moon spoke as one voice.

"So be it." Queen Serenity's scepter hilt dropped and smote the floor with a thud that echoed throughout the fire room.

"Take out your henshin pens." She ordered. The girls complied, then faced Queen Serenity.

"Unscrew the tops of your pens clockwise, as if to tighten them." Queen Serenity commanded. Both girls were surprised. They wondered how extensively Ami had examined the pens and if she knew about this. As the girls pulled the tops off, a ring they hadn't noticed before on the upper portion, slipped off and fell into their open palms.

"As you can see, there are no more rings. This bond can only be performed one time. These rings are magical in nature and, once placed onto the right ring finger of your mate, will bond to their soul. It cannot be removed. Should one of you die, so will the other. The ring will enable you to find one another again, in the event of another rebirth. It is called the eternal friendship ring. Do you understand?" Queen Serenity pressed. The girls nodded in acknowledgment.

"Yes, we understand and accept this ring as a token of our eternal friendship to each other, Your Highness," Mars replied as Eternal Moon nodded her affirmation. The girls faced one another, put their henshin pens back together, and returned them to their subspace pockets. Eternal Mars and Eternal Moon looked deeply into each other's eyes and Moon bowed graciously towards Mars, to encourage her fire Senshi to commence. Sailor Mars bowed back and began.

"Eternal Moon, will you accept my ring of eternal friendship as a symbol of my love and faithfulness to you in perpetuity?" Mars asked with her heart in her throat.

"Yes, Eternal Mars, I will. And will you Eternal Mars, accept my ring of eternal friendship as my endless promise of love and faithfulness?" Eternal Sailor Moon implored her companion fervently.

"Yes, Eternal Moon, I will," Mars responded, overjoyed.

Eternal Mars then held Eternal Moon's right hand and gazed with open adoration into her Angel's depthless sapphire eyes. She took a deep breath and slowly slipped her gold ring, with Mars' ruby arrows etched intricately around it, onto Sailor Moon's right ring finger.

Eternal Moon felt a tingle around her finger where the ring slid and a temporary flush of heat in her chest. Moon gasped softly as she felt Mars' intense, holy flame, sear her inner being, and the presence of Mars' within her was magnified.

Eternal Sailor Moon took Eternal Mars' right hand, then smiled up at her winsomely. She looked steadily into Mars' brilliant amethyst eyes and let her own devotion shine through to Mars. Sailor Moon gently slipped her own gold ring, etched intricately with diamond crescent moons around it, onto Mars' right ring finger.

Eternal Mars likewise felt a tingle encircling her finger, then felt a surge of compassionate warmth wrap around her inner being. She closed her eyes appreciatively as she felt Eternal Sailor Moon's presence magnified inside her. 'An Angel,' she breathed inside.

Eternal Moon's lips met Eternal Mars' in a tender kiss. Mars was lost in its unbelievable sweetness as she kissed Eternal Moon back. The kiss lasted for only a few treasured moments and ended unwillingly. The two once again faced Queen Serenity, who observed their friendship bond in silence. At its conclusion, she spoke.

"You have now been united in friendship for eternity, but you are not yet bonded as mates by blood. Do you wish to continue?" The Queen inquired.

"Yes, Your Highness." They both answered in affirmation.

"The blood bond will unite your bodies, minds, and souls together eternally. Your star seeds and your beings will be forever, intimately, linked. Is this what you both desire? Are you prepared to be as lovers?" Queen Serenity asked softly.

"Yes, it is our desire to be bound eternally in this manner and we are prepared to be joined as one flesh in love, your Highness." Eternal Moon responded just as softly.

"It is our desire to be linked in flesh and in spirit eternally, Your Highness." Eternal Mars reiterated with fervor.

"So be it, then. Let us begin." Queen Serenity intoned with finality. She took a step back, then Artemis swept forward authoritatively.

Artemis unsheathed, then pulled out with a 'thhpp', a chrome ceremony blade. Its hilt was ornate with an ancient script inscribed around pictograms. The blade was inscribed in ancient script around enchanted runes. It was approximately an inch wide, thin, sharp, and flawless. It possessed a fascinating beauty and radiated power which inspired awe in those who looked upon it. Eternal Moon swallowed nervously, while Eternal Mars' face was flushed with excitement.

"Face one another. Reach forth your right hands, palms facing, but not touching." Artemis commanded. She drew the blade between their palms so that it would slice along their 'life-lines'. "Now, entwine your fingers together and allow the blade to penetrate the skin. The runes and words inscribed without are the key to the ancient magic within, but can only exact its charms as your two blood types flow around it." Mars and Moon obeyed.

As their blood began to flow onto the blade and blend together, Artemis uttered a few words in the ancient tongue of the gods. The runes flared to life. Artemis quickly pulled the blade through the girls' palms and sliced them open cleanly, so that they bled more profusely. When the blade was removed, the runes glowed brightly through the blood. It was then handed to Queen Serenity to meticulously clean with a soft piece of goatskin.

The girls, meanwhile, had pressed their palms together in an attempt to staunch the blood flow. When their palms touched and their blood mingled, they both felt a prickly sensation spread warmly through each other's veins. Their insides seemed to quiver and they became acutely aware of each other's presence. Artemis spoke then.

"What you feel now is called a 'Quickening of the Blood'. It will awaken the bond that will bind your bodies together, first. When you feel the quickening enter into your consciousness, open your minds to one another. You should then be able to communicate telepathically. Concentrate only on your mate's desire... not your own desire." Artemis instructed.

'Usagi, I can feel your presence in my mind now, can you hear me?' Rei thought to her.

'Yes, I can, beloved. I can also feel your attraction to me. I am overwhelmed and humbled... I had no idea you felt so deeply.' Usagi thought back.

'I, too, can feel you in the same way, Hime-sama. I can scarcely believe your desire for me is so strong!' Rei was exuberant.

'Mental love sessions!' Usagi exclaimed, then projected an image to Rei.

'Usagi, that's no way for a future Queen to behave!' Rei thought back in shock. Eternal Sailor Moon stuck her tongue out partially at Mars, who smiled.

Artemis interrupted their mental tête-á-tête, "newbies', she thought, shaking her head slightly.

"Open your souls, now, to one another by concentrating on their Ki, or aura, to let the quickening touch your essences." Artemis directed further.

Both girls closed their eyes, then felt for each other's aura and battle spirit. Slowly, Eternal Sailor Moon's form swirled with a soft pink cloud of energy surrounded by white feathers. Rings of fire energy and glowing sparks surrounded Sailor Mars. The two energies then began to coalesce and burn brightly together in a sparked, feathery, deep pink smoke, which enveloped the two within.

Sailor Mars and Eternal Sailor Moon embraced each other around the waist with their left arms, their right palms pressed securely together.

Eternal Sailor Moon was transported into Sailor Mars' incredible fire, borne of the master Hephaestus whose very workshops were volcanoes. She could feel Hephaestus' clever mastery of weaponry and she was drawn irresistibly to his charms.

Sailor Moon could feel the tightly controlled, raw passion of the warrior-huntress Artemis. She felt, too, the magnitude of magic and sorcery instilled in Mars from the Arch-Mage Hecate. Mars was endowed with incredible untapped powers and she felt awe. Moon was a part of everything that was Mars and she loved her deeply.

Mars, in turn, experienced the overwhelming power of the ginsuishou and its extraordinary intimacy with Serenity. She understood, for the first time, how it was part of her being and how Eternal Sailor Moon's formidable strength of her magnetic character was able to wield its titanic powers.

She felt Selene's unnerving will, compassion, and moral discrimination, all of which were delivered in the light of her love. From Apollo came her fierce warrior spirit and his gentle spirit as a healer and musician. He was also responsible for Moon's abilities for prescience and uncanny discernment of truthfulness. Mars was a part of everything that was Moon, who embodied the will of love and was light personified. And Mars loved her with all of who she was.

Then Moon and Mars 'knew' each other completely. As the two locked their lips in a passionate kiss, the quickening culminated in a pleasure-effect like nothing Mars had ever experienced before and Moon only vaguely.

As the 'quickening' dissipated the two found themselves on their knees dressed, once again, in their nightwear. There was no trace of their eternal friendship rings, nor of the deep cut on their palms. Their 'lifelines' were effectively identical and, for now, was the only visible indication that anything had ever taken place. Rei recovered her composure first.

"Usagi, what on Earth was that last thing that happened to us?" Rei asked breathlessly.

"Umm... that was probably the hardest orgasmic feeling you will ever experience, Rei!" She replied, winded herself. Then she became acutely aware that they were *not* alone and blushed deeply.

Queen Serenity put a palm to her forehead and Artemis shook her head in feigned distress, both goddesses sweatdropped. Artemis waved a hand towards the now mortified Usagi, then stated to Serenity emphatically.

"That is *definitely* my brother Apollo's child! Are we done with them, Selene? Should we leave them alone now to consummate their relationship?" Artemis asked Selene.

"I don't know if that would be wise, just yet." Serenity answered. Then she turned to face Usagi and Rei with an expression of mirth.

"Do either of you have any questions?" The girls stood hand in hand as one, then Rei nodded.

"Yes, Mother," Rei began, "why did our rings disappear, and will we ever see them again? Also, what *was* that we felt at the end of our bond?" Rei finished quizzically. Artemis answered her daughter.

"As mentioned before, the rings were magical in nature. They would attract the same attention the ginsuishou does. Your enemies must never know of your connection to each other, or it can be used against you. So, no, you will never see them again, but you will *feel* them there. Remember, if one of you dies, so does your mate." Artemis warned.

"For your protection, you have been given the means to alert each other telepathically of danger. You will also be able to feel it when the other is in any kind of trouble.

On that last question, what you felt was a direct result of the extent of, ahem..." she coughed politely, "the passion you share for one another and how well your souls have been bonded together. So, in a sense, Serenity is correct." Artemis smiled then, at Usagi. "The blood bond oath is also a rite of passage and as such, you have left your youth behind you, and oftentimes, maidenhood follows. It is truly a celebration of womanhood!" Artemis then encompassed a hand from each young woman in one of her own.

"My daughter Diana is now your responsibility, Serenity, guard her well, and cherish her. I have not been a mother to her and, regretfully, know little of her personage to help you understand her." Artemis squeezed Rei's hand, "Arch-Mage Hecate and Hephaestus raised her. She is also Ares' champion and has a vested interest in her deeds." Artemis made a small face, she clearly disliked the war-some troublemaker.

"All of the Gods will help you in spirit when you need it. Just come here, to the sacred fire of Mars where the magic of Arch-Mage Hecate is strongest, to commune with us." Artemis leaned forward to kiss Usagi, then embraced Rei.

"Be good to her, Diana, or I'll exercise my right as a parent to punish you! Protect her and love her with all your might." She kissed Rei then and stepped away for the Goddess Selene to have the last word.

Selene laughed at the daughter of Leto and Zeus, and her 'lunar sister'. Artemis stuck her tongue out at her! Usagi and Rei giggled.

"Ahem!" Selene began and the giggles stopped abruptly.

"Serenity, you now belong to Diana. She is your mate for eternity. You are to protect her, care for her, and love her more than yourself, even when you don't feel like it. This bond is an eternal commitment of unconditional love. There is no 'I' in the word love! You do not walk away from a vow. You will give of yourself whatever is necessary to keep Diana content and satisfied with you." Selene lectured incisively.

Selene then turned her gaze upon Rei and the raven-haired warrior trembled. In some respects, Usagi's mother was more fearsome than her own mother. She fought the urge to prostrate herself and swallowed in trepidation.

"Diana, my beloved daughter is now a woman, your mate, and your responsibility. I trust you, Diana, to look after her as I have and as her Earth mother, Ikuko... whom I carefully selected personally to be her mother... has.

Serenity has special needs and I expect you to make sure they are met." Selene's expression grew more serious. "It is *extremely* important for her energy level to be maintained perpetually! Mercury's computer has documentation on all of Queen Serenity's trials and errors concerning her well-being. You may find it an invaluable resource. I strongly advise you to study it. There often won't be time for dalliance." She paused to peer into Rei's amethyst eyes.

"Usagi will be the hardest job you will ever face, Rei, but she will also be the most loving and rewarding one. With your bond in place, you'll be able to determine each other's stress level. You are both uniquely suited for each other's particular needs. That is why you are soulmates.

I also expect you to abide by the vows you made to her throughout your ring exchange. You will love her more than yourself and, indeed, more than your own life. She *is* your life now, and you are hers." Queen Serenity finished gently. She then stepped towards Rei to welcomed her new 'daughter' into a warm embrace and planted a tender kiss upon Mars' sigil spot. She spoke caringly.

"I love you, Diana. You have always held a special place in my heart. I hope you can forgive me for my intrusion on yours and Princess Serenity's relationship during my reign as queen. At the time it was necessary. You will find that all of us have to answer the call of a certain destiny. Pluto knows.

My daughter has been groomed for her destiny now for two lifetimes. Serenity now has you to be her lifeline and she will look to you, most of all, to be her pillar of strength through tough times. I have great confidence that my daughter will be in good hands with you." Selene smiled at Rei affectionately, then studied them both solemnly for a moment, before she spoke again.

"I am the Moon personified. Going forward, I shall be known by my rightful name, the Goddess Selene. Of all the duties I've ever had, the creation of the Silver Millennium has given me the most pleasure and the most sorrow. My special job as Queen Serenity and her motherhood to Princess Serenity has ended. I will go, now, to the Elysian Fields to join my brethren and take my proper place amongst the gods." Selene beamed beatifically at Usagi.

"You are the true Serenity, Usagi. In a few years, you will ascend to rule as queen in your own right and complete my reign of the Silver Millennium. It is your destiny to rebuild the bridge and close the gap between the mundane of mankind and the magic of the Gods. You are now our representative for the gods, and in the fullness of time, the ginsuishou will help you fulfill your true destiny.

The ginsuishou was forged by Hephaestus with key inputs from all the principal gods, but mainly from those who govern this solar system's planets, moons, and sun under the benevolent eye of Gaea. It allows you to tap into, and control, all of this solar system's power, except for Earth's. It is held together by our collective magic, but most profoundly, by the Arch-Mage Hecate. It was she who selected me to wield it because of my intrinsic goodwill and fairness." Selene regarded her daughter proudly for a moment.

"Serenity, you have been most successful in the control of its power and, indeed, have surpassed even me in strength. You are truly the ginsuishou's rightful owner. As my daughter, you are the Goddess Serenity. You naturally possess my powers and you are my chosen one to be the Moon's avatar. The Moon is the apex of this Universe's forces of magic. The ginsuishou's control of the awesome power is harnessed and directed only by your love and will, Serenity. You have everything you need to hold a successful campaign. Do not forget Diana's formidable gifts from Arch Mage Hecate to aid you.

Guard the ginsuishou well against enemies who would seek to destroy you and your purpose. You will have many enemies. There will be those who ignorantly desire the crystal's power for themselves and there will be those who desire to make sure the gap between Deity magic and mankind is never bridged. A cosmic holy war of sorts. Your Silver Millennium must not fail, as mine did, precious. You are our last hope." Selene took notice of the girls' confusion and sadness. She embraced them both and kissed their cheeks tenderly.

"Queen Serenity gave her life for all of you in order to preserve the god's master plan." She turned towards Usagi directly and put her hands upon her daughter's shoulders. "I, the Goddess Selene cannot die, Serenity, and you will always be Apollo and Selene's daughter." She smiled benevolently at her. So, too, will Diana forever be the daughter of Hephaestus and Artemis.

As the two goddesses began to fade from view, their voices could still be heard, and the girls were painfully privy to the argument that ensued between them...

"Selene, that was not the ceremonial chamois!" Artemis growled.

"Like it matters, Artemis! Your ceremonial chamois was not in your oath box. You're lucky I found this one in such short order! Next time you can use the hem of your robe! Ares probably borrowed your bloody rag to polish his boots with again... just to spite you." Selene retorted.

"Ooooo, Tartarus is too good for him!" Artemis spat angrily. Then her voice purred... "listen, Selene, I need to get my mind off of things and unwind. Athena and I found a cozy little massage parlor in Delphi that has special rooms. Are you interested?" There was a pause, then Selene's soft voice was heard.

"Makaria is my one and only, Artemis. Besides, I thought you were sworn to celibacy!" Selene mentioned pointedly.

Artemis snorted derisively. "Get a clue! I'm not sexually dead, Selene! I've only abstained from men that I'm aware of."

Silence followed, and in its wake, stood a couple of beet red girls.

To be continued...