Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Princess ❯ Memories ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Princess
Chapter Two: Memories
---------------------------------
Blue eyes opened as a loud thud came from the living room, Michiru sat up in bed `How did I get here?' She thought as she heard a groan coming from outside her room. She got out of bed and headed were the noise was coming from. She walked into the living room, she stopped dead in her tracks, Haruka lied on the floor with six or seven beer bottles by her body. Michiru walked closer to her, she could smell the alcohol.
“She's gone.” Haruka mumbled. Michiru looked into her eyes; they were blood shot and watery from unshed tears. `I've never seen her like this before.' Michiru picked up the empty bottles and put them in the kitchen while Haruka continued to mumble.
“Haruka.” Michiru knelt down next to her. Haruka looked at her with empty eyes. “Come on Haruka, let's go to bed.” Michiru tried to help her up but it was no use, she was too heavy. Michiru gave up and went into Haruka's room to get a blanket and a pillow for her roommate.
“She left me and never is coming back.” Haruka had one single tear escape her eye. `I wonder who she is talking about.' Michiru covered Haruka with the blanket and lied on the couch falling asleep wondering who she is.
---------------------------------
The morning sun shinned through the window right in Haruka's face. She opened her eyes and sat up. `I should've shut the curtains.' She rubbed her head, “Oh, my head.” She heard footsteps coming towards her. Haruka looked up and saw Michiru carrying a glass of water and bottle of headache pills.
“I see that you're awake.” Michiru sat the glass and the bottle on the table beside Haruka.
“Thanks,” She popped two pills in her mouth and drank the water. Haruka got up off the floor and headed for the bathroom to take a shower.
`I wonder if I should ask her who she was talking about last night.' Michiru headed for the kitchen to make breakfast and some coffee.
-------------------------------------
“Yes, I would like to book a flight to America.”
“Okay” the voice on the other line said. “What day would you like to go?”
“Today, the earliest flight you got.” Haruka looked out her window of her bedroom. “The earliest flight is tomorrow morning at 4:30.”
“I'll take it.” Haruka head started to hurt more and more as she thought of going to see her parents who didn't want her anymore. She hung the phone up and headed out to the kitchen were breakfast was being served.
“How are you feeling?” Michiru broke the silence that formed between them. “Fine,” Haruka was very grouchy towards her. Michiru felt hurt by the tone Haruka used toward her. Haruka looked up and saw the hurt expression on Michiru face.
“Sorry, that came out wrong... I'm alright, thanks for asking.” Michiru was surprised by the sudden change in Haruka's mood. `Should I ask her about what happened last night?' Michiru stared into her eggs; she looked up at Haruka who was reading the newspaper.
“Haruka.”
“Yeah” Michiru swallowed. “Umm...about last night...” Haruka put the newspaper down.
“You were mumbling `she's gone and she left me and never will come back.' Michiru could see the hurt expression on her face. Haruka avoid eye contact and left the table. `Oh no, I shouldn't have said that, now she is going to kick me out.' Michiru put the dishes in the sink and headed in the direction that Haruka went, her bedroom. Michiru knock at the door softly.
“May I come in?” No answer. “Please forgive me Haruka, I didn't mean to hurt you.” The door opened and Michiru entered the room. Haruka was sitting on the window sill looking at a picture. Michiru moved ever so slowly toward her and sat beside to her. She looked at the picture that Haruka was holding. “This is a picture of my sister, Hitomi and her family.” Haruka got up of the sill and went over to her bed and sat down. Haruka didn't want Michiru to see her weak and crying like a baby.
“Haruka?” `What is the matter don't you trust me?'
“There was an accident involving my sister and her husband. They were killed... I've got a flight to New York at 4:30 in the morning tomorrow.” `So that is the person she was talking about last night.'
“I'm so sorry.” Michiru got up off the sill and walked over to the bed. “Can you just leave me along for awhile?” Haruka put the picture on the end table and lay down on her bed.
“Of course.” Michiru left the room shutting the door behind her. `I should leave her alone; after all I'm only here because of her.' Michiru headed for the kitchen to wash the dishes.
Flashback
Please, please I beg of you.” A young girl in her late teens screamed.
Quiet.” An older man in his late forties towered over her. “You shouldn't have disobeyed me.” He smacked her across the face, leaving his hand print on her face. She fell to the ground holding her face. The man felt the room, closing and locking the door. The girl started to cry uncontrollably while trying to stand on her feet.
I got to get away from him before he kills me.' The girl packed all her belongings -two pairs of pants, two shirts, a hair brush and her undergarments. She opened her window and climbed out on the ledge. She jumped over toward the tree, landing on one of the branches. She gasp in pain as she grabbed her chest, the pain was making her head feel dizzy. She slid down the tree and limped down the road. She felt rain drops on her bloody face; she looked toward the sky as a flash of lightening danced across the clouds. She ended up in downtown Tokyo, wondering around aimlessly.
Whack! She dumped into a tall person; she collapsed in the persons arms. “Are you alright Miss?” The girl looked up into two dark green eyes but didn't have a chance to say anything as the darkness consumed her.
She woke up in a very comfortable bed; she looked around and found a person seated in the corner of the room.
How are you feeling?” The person got up off the chair and headed toward her. “Stay away from me.” The girl began to panic. The person stopped,
I'm not gong to hurt you miss.” The girl watch the persons every move. “May I ask what your name is?” The person smiled reassuring her that she could trust them. “My name is Michiru.”
Well it's nice to meet you Michiru, my name is Haruka Tenoh.”
End of Flashback
`I still don't know why Haruka help me so much.' Michiru ponder as she finished washing the dishes.
-----------------------------------
Beep.
Beep.
Haruka rolled over in bed and pushed the button on her alarm clock. She rolled out of bed and headed off to the shower. Meanwhile in the kitchen Michiru was preparing tea for her and a coffee for Haruka. Haruka walked into the kitchen wearing carpenters jeans and a collared white shirt. She looked up at Michiru with a puzzled look on her face.
“Why are you up for, it's three in the morning?” Michiru smiled. “I thought you might've wanted a coffee before you left.” Haruka took a drink of her coffee, “thanks.” They drank the rest of their coffee in silence. Three thirty came and Haruka got ready to leave.
“I'll call you when I get to New York.” Haruka got into the taxi and headed to the airport.
-------------------------------------
Don't forget to review. Next chapter is coming soon.