Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Princess ❯ The Arrival ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Princess
Chapter Three: The Arrival
AN: I'm not sure how long it takes to get from Japan to North America.
------------------------------
Twenty hours after Haruka left Japan she arrived in New York City. She got her luggage and headed to a taxi to drive her to her parent's house.
When she arrived she slowly made her way up the walk way looking at the house that she grew up in. `It still looks the same as it did when I left.' She knocked at the door.
“Yes, how may I help you?” It was one of the maids that looked after her when she was younger.
“Ms. Parker?” Haruka couldn't believe that she still worked for her parents. Ms. Parker stared at her trying to figure out who she was.
“Haruka?” The maid looked very surprised. “You've grown a lot since I seen you last time.” Ms. Parker let her in the house. Haruka heard the crying of a baby in another room.
“I'll be right back.” Ms. Parker hurried off to the kitchen. Haruka walked toward the crying, she entered the room and there was a cradle in the middle of the room. She walked over toward it and looked inside. The baby stopped crying and put its hands up for Haruka to pick her up.
“I see you've found little Hotaru.” Ms. Parker walked up beside Haruka.
“She looks so much like her mother,” Haruka whispered at the thought of her beloved sister. Ms. Parker handed her a bottle of milk. “She is hunger.”
“I...I don't know anything about babies.” Ms. Parker smiled. “Just pick her up and give her the bottle and she will do the rest.” Haruka swallowed her nervousness and gently picked up the baby. A small smile came across Haruka's face. `She's so small.' Hotaru drank her milk with greed.
“Where are my parents?” Haruka asked the maid while looking at Hotaru.
“They went out for dinner and a concert.” Haruka rolled her eyes. She handed Hotaru to Ms. Parker after she finished her milk and stormed out of the room. Hotaru started to cry.
“Shh...It's okay sweet heart.” Ms. Parker tried to clam her down by rocking her. `So much anger that child has.' She walked over toward the shelf which had a picture of Haruka and her mother. “You see Hotaru, there's your aunt at your age.” Hotaru stopped crying and yawned. Ms. Parker smiled and put her in her cradle and went off to find Haruka.
-------------------------------------
Haruka slept in the guest bedroom instead of her old bedroom because her old room was to close to her parent's room. The crying of a baby woke her up. `I wonder were Ms. Parker is?' After five minutes of crying Haruka got up out of bed and headed to Hotaru's room. She opened the door and walked over to the cradle, she gently pick Hotaru up.
“What's the matter?” Hotaru face was covered with tears and her little hands were clenched tightly, Haruka rocked her slightly.
“Shhhh... Hotaru, its okay.” Haruka heard heavy breathing behind her.
“Sorry Haruka, I tried to get here as fast as I could.” Ms. Parker was holding the door knob trying to catch her breath.
“She won't stop crying.” Hotaru grabbed onto Haruka's thumb with her little hand and squeezed as hard as she could. At that very moment Haruka's heart started to beat faster. She smiled down at her.
“I'll get her a bottle.” Ms. Parker left the room. Hotaru was still crying but not as loud as before. Haruka wiped away her tears with her hand and she eventually stopped crying. Haruka carried Hotaru to her old bedroom that was down the hall. She opened the door and walked in, it looked untouched. She looked around for an old stuff animal she played with when she was younger. She opened a treasure chest were she had put her stuff animals before she left the house. On the very top of the pile was a white teddy bear. `Perfect.' Haruka picked it up and gave it to Hotaru. She wrapped her small arms around the bear's neck and smiled at Haruka. It was a smile that would make your heart melt.
“Your mother gave that to me when I was eight years old.” Haruka headed back to Hotaru's room with a now happy baby in her arms. Ms. Parker was waiting for them with a bottle of milk in her hands.
“Thanks.” Haruka took the bottle from her and gave it to Hotaru. “You can go to bed now if you want; I think I can look after her for the rest of the night.” Ms. Parker smiled and left the room. Haruka sat on a chair that was beside Hotaru's bed. After Hotaru finished her bottle she yawned and closed her eyes to go to sleep. Haruka put her in her cradle with her new teddy bear that would keep her safe from monsters in the closet and any scary dreams. Haruka sat on the chair and closed her eyes and fell into a dreamless sleep.